Start by marking “Risking It All” as Want to Read:
Risking It All

Risking It All

Paige knows exactly what she wants—to graduate from Wallingford Academy and become a pilot in the US Air Force. She’s inherited her father’s no-nonsense attitude and whip-smart intelligence, all of which have made her the perfect Wallingford cadet.

Logan has spent the last five years doing as little as possible. Once a star basketball player and one of the most popular boys
Published June 18th 2019 by Swoon Reads

To ask other readers questions about Risking It All, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Risking It All

Start your review of Risking It All
laurel [suspected bibliophile]
Straight-laced Paige is on her way to the Air Force Academy. She's done everything right at her military high school, but when she's assigned a new delinquent to mentor, she finds her simple life upended. Logan is a challenge—disrespectful, rude and arrogant. Can she help him adjust to life at Wallingford Academy? Or will she develop feelings first?

Lemme be the first to say, I need to give up reading books featuring the military that are written by civilians.

I'm existentially tired of the stick-
Abbie
May 16, 2019 marked it as to-read
hate-to-love romance angst in a military academy + girl fighter pilots?? YES PLZ
Samantha (WLABB)
May 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: romance, arcs, ya, 2019
Rating: 4.5 Stars

She followed the rules. He colored outside the lines. She was there by choice. He was there as a form of punishment. They seemed like oil and water, but you know what they say about opposites.....

This book was such a fantastic read for me! Once I started, I couldn't stop, because I was just loving being with Paige and Logan so much.

I found the premise fantastic. You have Paige, who was raised by her Navy Seal father, and longed for a military career. She lived strictly by the bo
Aly
Sep 09, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2019
This was a fun, quick read. I really liked that Paige was the badass Navy girl and Logan was the kind of pathetic one haha. She was smart and capable and true to herself, a great female lead. Logan was a slacker with an attitude, but he cares so much for his friends and would do anything for them. They fit well together, offsetting each other and rubbing off some good skills. The book flew by and the pacing was great.
Dani (Dani Reviews Things & Love in a time of Feminism)
Rating: 4.5 stars

This book is a dark horse. It slowly snuck up on my heart and left me crying TWICE, plus gave me more confidence in myself. So if you take nothing else from this review, let it be that Risking It All is inspiring af.

The story is a hate-to-love YA romance, but it seemed like so much more. Paige is a student officer at Wallingford and has her life all planned out. She plays by the rules and holds the Honor Code above all. She also comes from a military family, so she lives and bre
Nikki
May 18, 2019 rated it really liked it
First a confession. Generally speaking, I am not a huge YA contemporary person but being a military spouse and former Cadet myself I was intrigued. And friends, I was not disappointed.

My issue with some contemporary YA novels is that they can read young and cringeworthy. What I found in Risking it All was laughter and nostalgia instead. It felt real and reminded me of the awkwardness that is teenage love. I really enjoyed that Paige stayed true to herself yet had room to grow. Overall a really
Katherine Paschal
Jun 20, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: contemp-romance, teen
Paige has been the best cadet she could possible be at her military boarding school, on the fast track to a career in the armed forces just like her father. When she is assigned to peer mentor the new delinquent student Logan, she feel she may be in over her head with him. She could never have predicted the level of sarcasm and eye rolls contained in one lazy boy but she is determined to whip him into shape. Logan strives to spend his days playing video games with his friends, never expecting hi ...more
Kristin
Apr 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I am starting with saying something about S. M. Koz there are very few authors that can create characters that I can start out the book not really liking and not identifying with and turn them into favorites she is now a part of that short list!

Paige: She is driven and has a moral code that is strictly black and white. She has self control and discipline that seems unwavering. Things start to change when she meets Logan.

Logan: He seems to be the antithesis of Paige. Unfocused, self serving, and
Esther Haddie's Haven
Jun 18, 2019 marked it as to-read
Squee! When I heard S.M. Koz was releasing another book. I could not wait to know more. I loved her book "Love Me, Love Me Not". So, I had some expectancy. This book surpassed my expectations.

Enemies-to-lovers. There's your theme. As someone who remembers the 90s and early 2000s, this book kinda reminded me of Cadet Kelly (starring Hilary Duff). Mostly because it takes place in a military academy. That's the only connection I have, but I loved it! Logan and Paige. Whoa. There was a lot going on.
Kat
Jun 17, 2019 rated it liked it
If you're looking for a new setting in YA, this is it!

Within a military academy, we meet two unlikely people who are thrown together. This creates an enemies-to-lovers scenario that I found to be quite entertaining.

There is a big jump in character development within the story that I feel was done nicely. It encompasses the teenage changes that we tend to see within YA characters and creates that typical contemporary feel.

Overall, I gave this book 3 out of 5 stars. My favorite part was the sett
Suleika Santana -All About Books
I thought this story was super cute and I love enemies to lovers romance and this one did not disappoint. I gotta say that I LOVED Logan, I thought he was a great character even if he did do some very immature things but he is a teen after all so I cannot blame him for it. Paige was not my favorite but in the end she did redeem herself so I was pretty happy. I also liked how the story ended, I thought it was perfect that way. The story is consistently good and will keep you reading.
I would reco
Natalie
Oct 23, 2019 rated it really liked it
Oh my gosh! That was so cuteeeee!!! I absolutely loved both Logan and Paige. The hate to love trope is one of my favorites and it worked really well here. There was a lot of character growth in both of them and they had many cute moments together. Just adorable!!! I loved it, and can’t wait to read more by this author.
Lindsey
Jun 30, 2019 rated it it was ok
Shelves: 2019
I thought this would be more focused on Air Force stuff and it is not. Just a tainted love story.
Lizzy (Bent Bookworm)
~*Check out all my reviews over on The Bent Bookworm!*~

I went into this book with a lot of hope AND a lot of trepidation. As a military veteran from a military family, I've found that it's often really hard for authors without an actual military background (which, it doesn't appear Koz has, I tried to look it up) to realistically portray the environment without being either completely kitschy or derogatory. Risking It All was a pleasant surprise on that front! While the action takes place at a
Jennifer H.
Feb 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arc-netgalley
Thank you to Netgalley and Swoon Reads!

Paige Durant is a model cadet at Wallingford Academy who is poised to graduate and hopes to become a pilot of the US Air Force. With a no nonsense attitude and obedience in her blood, she has no time for distractions which includes the newest student to Wallingford who she's been tasked to mentor.

Logan Evans was once a model student in school.. now he just enjoys playing video games with his friends. But when he takes the fall for a crime that lands him in
Laura's Book Addiction
Jun 08, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2019, 2019-wish-list
A Enemies to lovers romance. I did really enjoy this story just not as much as the authors previous book which I felt had more heart.
Kali
Sep 16, 2019 rated it liked it
This novel is about two teenagers who go to a military boarding school. Paige is there by choice, and logan is there because his lawyer said it would be good for his case. Logan took the blame for something that his girlfriend did and so he was trying to do everything he could to not get put in jail. Paige was trying to get into the air force. She was one of the highest-ranking cadets at the academy and so she got assigned to mentor Logan. At first, Logan would not cooperate and got in a lot of ...more
chinda
Jul 28, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2019-reads
2.5*

For a book that had so much potential, everything was pretty much...mediocre?

What I liked most was the setting. If you’re looking for a new YA romance with a change of scenery, this could be for you.

However, what I disliked the most were the dialogues. At times (most times with side-characters) it felt very basic, and other times, such as the conversations between Paige and Logan, there were connections.

Logan was really hard to warm up to, mainly because he didn’t have the best first-impres
Barbara
For some reason, this book made me think of the movie, An Officer and a Gentleman, only with the roles reversed. Paige Durant is on the fast-track to a career as an Air Force pilot. She follows the rules, is at the top of the class, and her only concerns are her physical endurance test and telling her father that she doesn't plan to follow his footsteps in the Navy. When Logan Evans arrives at Wallingford Academy as part of a plea bargain, Paige becomes his mentor. He behaves badly from the star ...more
Bethany Miller
Nov 04, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: royal
Grade Range: 9-12
Genre: YA Romance
Literary Merit: Good
Characterization: Very good
Recommendation: Recommended

Paige is one of the best and brightest at Wallingford Academy, a military school that is made up of two distinct groups of students. There are those who, like Paige, are planning to commit their lives to the military and there are the so-called DQ’s, delinquents who have gotten into trouble with the law and are at Wallingford in an attempt to avoid harsher punishment. Logan is a member of
I received an ARC of this title from NetGalley in exchange for an honest review.

Paige Durant is one of the most ambitious officers at her military school, Wallingford Academy. A Lieutenant Commander, an ace student, partakes in multiple activities, and a dream to fly fighter jets. The only problem? She wants to go Air Force. Which is hard to explain to her Navy SEAL father why she doesn't want to continue in the family Navy tradition. Which is why she hasn't told him yet.

Logan Evans does not wan
Kathleen
I absolutely loved this hate-to-love romance book. Paige and Logan are so different, but their banter and friendship reminds me of one of my favorite TV couples (Logan and Veronica from Veronica Mars). My heart hurt for them at times, but it also had the jumbles for them.

I liked that Paige was the one in charge rather than having it be the male character. She has her life all planned out and Logan throws a major wrench into it. He's disrespectful and obviously doesn't want to be at Wallingford
A.L. Glennon
May 08, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Risking It All by S.M. Koz is a great YA read. Set at Wallingford Military Academy, it gives teen readers a glimpse into a world few get to see in real life, a training academy where discipline is everything, television and video games are nonexistent, and teenagers set incredibly high goals for themselves. Paige—or, rather, Lieutenant Commander Durant—is the epitome of a strong female protagonist, a leader among her peers who works unbelievably hard to prepare for a career in the military. She’ ...more
Samantha Hastings
Feb 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Paige has military discipline drilled in her soul and she dreams of joining the Air Force even if her dad is Navy. She always follows the rules of her military high school Wallingford. She’s asked to mentor a new cadet named Logan who doesn’t follow the rules and doesn’t want to be at Wallingford. He’s only there to stay out of prison...

What I loved:
1. Paige is a fabulous female lead who is determined, intelligent, and a great mentor/leader. She shows that a woman can be tough and pretty.
2. I re
Stacy Hahn
Mar 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Risking It All is a book for both YA and mature readers alike. The characters are strong and complex in many ways. This book is set at a military academy and it has those students driven to be career military and those there as a "last resort." This is where this book gets so interesting seeing the blending of the two and how each background guides the decisions they make.

Our main characters, Paige and Logan, are from two different worlds. Paige is strong and has a hard and fast belief in follo
Elizabeth
Sometimes Swoon Reads books can be hit or miss. I'm almost always excited for them and only satisfied after reading part of the time. Risking It All exceeded my high expectations. I used to live in Colorado Springs and have had a fascination with the Air Force Academy and the academy ways since, so this story was just what I was looking for.

I love Logan and Paige. I love the military high school live described and I love how fierce Paige was about her goals, how loyal Logan was to his friends (t
Sara Mack
Mar 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Risking It All gives readers everything they could want in a YA romance! After reading the back cover synopsis, you may think you have Paige and Logan pegged - but don't make the mistake of putting them in a box. Paige's strong, determined, confident characteristics are refreshing to see, and Logan's reasons for being sent to Wallingford will keep you guessing while you root for these two to work things out and get together. For this reader, Risking It All is a genuine look into life at a milita ...more
lovesbooks1986
Jun 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book is taken in a Military school and delinquent child Logan who has been court ordered to go to military school or go to prison and Lieutenant commander Paige Durat has been appointed to teach him the school ways.

I really enjoyed reading this book I loved seeing Paige a stickler to rules and her whole life organised by father finally stand up and relax and then you also see Logan who came to school with an attitude turn out to be a not so bad guy, each character rub off on each other and
Gabrielle
Dec 23, 2019 rated it really liked it
3.5...but I had an enjoyable experience!

Paige is a strong female character which I appreciated. A no-nonsense and stickler for the rules, though I would have liked to see her flexibility explored more. Paige firmly sticks to her decisions regarding her future plans. Logan's backstory was solid and provided the perfect backdrop for him to be at this military-boarding type school. There is a good balance of seeing who he is and what his life is outside of the academy.

I liked that Paige was inexper
Leah
Jun 12, 2019 rated it it was ok
Shelves: read-2019, ya
This book is fine - the low rating is mostly because it seems like a paint-by-numbers YA. I felt like I could still see the bones of the outline, the movement from hate to friendship to romance to falling out etc. being prominently addressed as if they were points on a checklist. There was also a disappointing patness, not only in the lack of nuance or complexity when dealing with the military or prison in the US, not only in the wrapup of the various plotlines in the last two dozen pages or so, ...more

• This Train Is Being Held