Start by marking “Wicca Craft: The Modern Witches Book of Herbs, Magick and Dreams” as Want to Read:
Wicca Craft: The Modern Witches Book of Herbs, Magick and Dreams

Wicca Craft: The Modern Witches Book of Herbs, Magick and Dreams

Wicca Craft traces the origins of this positive, nature-based religion, which preaches brotherly love and harmony with and respect for all life forms--beliefs very similar to Native American spirituality. It reveals the traditions, tools, and symbols of Wicca craft and offers step-by-step methods for performing Wicca rituals.
Published June 1st 2000 by Citadel

To ask other readers questions about Wicca Craft, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Wicca Craft

Rachel
Dec 30, 2014 rated it liked it
One of the first introductory Wicca books that I read as a teenager.
It consists mostly of the usual tables of correspondence found in reference books, concerning colors, incense, herbs and the like. Gerina walks the reader very briefly through the basics of Wiccan practice, giving an overview of altars, tools, handfastings, Esbats and the Sabbats. She includes a few bare bones rituals to accompany the celebrations and holy days, but neglects to provide any information about why the rituals are
Mystic
Aug 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Absolutely LOVE this book!

Great for beginners of the Craft and for seasoned and experienced practitioners as well.

Simple and uncomplicated...I adore it!

If you've been on the fence about this book, get it!
Lisa
May 07, 2018 rated it liked it
I would recommend this book for beginners. If you know nothing about Wicca this book would give you some of the basics. If you are already more experienced and/or have read other “Wicca 101” books you’re probably not gonna learn much from this. Overall as an introduction for Wicca it was pretty good but nothing outstanding.
Jana
Oct 13, 2013 rated it really liked it
This was the first book I have read on Wicca many years ago in German. I just recently acquired it again in English. It does have a special place in my heart or else it would probably only get 3 stars. It definitely is not a beginners book. The information is just too minimal. Not enough is explained further and all the correspondence lists won't help a newcomer if there is no info what to do with them. I do like the liturgy and rituals and the chapter on trees was very interesting as well as th ...more
Eishexe
Jan 23, 2010 rated it liked it
Shelves: wicca-paganism
As another reviewer said: Wicca 101. The most interesting things in this book are the ESAU square and the recipe for the cake. I love that cake.
This was the second book on Wicca I read, and it confused the hell out of me. Good thing I had Phyllis Currott's Witch-Crafting on hand...
What ticks me off the most about this book is the lack of information on ritual. How can you write a beginning book in witchcraft and not have any information about rituals? Argh!
David
Feb 22, 2008 added it
Shelves: back-shelf
A fairly shallow take on the "wicca 101" text. There really isn't anything to glean from this book, especially if you've read more than any 2 other books on the subject. It feels like another hurriedly slapped together money making vehicle. Makes me wish I'd thrown something like this together before the market was flooded.
Mia Morrison
Mar 31, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: research-fantasy
Not a bad break down - clearly for the beginner and the layman who is seeking to learn a lot at once. I would have loved to see more breakdowns, but she gave excellent cautions and wonderful lists for quick reference. :)
Aaron Meyer
Jan 11, 2014 rated it it was ok
Shelves: occult
A pretty basic book. It was alright for what it is.
Amanda Makepeace
Jun 25, 2010 rated it really liked it
Another great book I read ages ago. Might have been one of the first.
REYN
Aug 21, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: People interested in Wicca or the beginner Witch
This was very informative and easy on the eyes. This is one of the books that turned me on to the craft. It's perfect for beginners or the curious reader.
Katherine
May 04, 2016 added it
Shelves: witchcraft
Saw this pretty little book at a discount book shop and got it right away once I noticed the huge lists for quick reference. A simple read of fundamentals.
Pferlyn Mestito
Elyse Hocking
rated it did not like it
Oct 04, 2011
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »

• Advanced Wicca: Exploring Deeper Levels of Spiritual Skills and Masterful Magick
  • Wicca: The Complete Craft
  • Wiccan Mysteries: Ancient Origins & Teachings
  • 21st Century Wicca: A Young Witch's Guide to Living the Magical Life
  • Book of Shadows
  • Earth Magic: A Book of Shadows for Positive Witches
  • Ancient Ways: Reclaiming the  Pagan Tradition (Llewellyn's Practical Magick Series)
Gerina Dunwich is a professional astrologer, occult historian, and New Age author, best known for her books on Wicca and various occult subjects. She is also involved in paranormal research and is the founder of the Paranormal Animal Research Group, which investigates cases of alleged hauntings by animal spirits.