Start by marking “Somebody to Die For (Requiem Inc., #3)” as Want to Read:
Somebody to Die For (Requiem Inc., #3)

Somebody to Die For

(Requiem Inc. #3)

really liked it 4.0  ·  Rating details ·  24 Ratings  ·  13 Reviews
Dying is easy. New love is terrifying.

Avery Wagner quit ghostwalking when he lost his beloved anchor to cancer. Now teaching others who have the ability, he’s beginning to live again—but he’s not looking for another lover, not now, maybe not ever.

But then he meets Jameson… younger, talented, dedicated, almost perfect, even though his mouth sometimes opens ahead of his brai
ebook, Dreamspun Beyond #27, 218 pages
Published September 4th 2018 by Dreamspinner Press

To ask other readers questions about Somebody to Die For, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Somebody to Die For

R * A Reader Obsessed *
4 Hearts

A solid entry for this unique series!

As seen in Ghost of a Chance, an anchor bond between a ghostwalker and his/her said anchor is a rare and wonderful but scary thing. Their connection is soul deep and intense, making the tough job that they do (guiding spirits to the afterlife) that much easier since they can anticipate each other’s needs. Avery had that once and lost his beloved Luke to cancer. Since then, the thought of ghostwalking without him is too much to bear, but Avery’s slowly
~✡~Dαni(ela) ♥ ♂♂ love & semi-colons~✡~
We first met Avery in book 1 of the series. Having lost his bonded Anchor and husband four years prior, Avery is broken and lost. He no longer ghostwalks, as he can't imagine having anyone other than Luke anchor him, but he is willing to train new ghostwalkers on the art of leading the dead into the afterlife.

Jameson is a new Anchor. He doesn't have the Anchor gene, so he has to work harder than some of the new recruits, but Jameson is eager to learn and care for someone. He has boundless energ
Susan
Aug 06, 2018 rated it really liked it

I always have a hard time with the deceased lover trope. It’s because I loved Avery so much that I still enjoyed this.

We met ghostwalker Avery in the first book when he helped Blake and Derek with their newly formed bond. Avery knows all about anchor bonds, because he had one with his anchor Luke. But Luke died of cancer 4 years ago, and Avery has a hard time getting through each day.

When Avery meets young Jameson when he is teaching classes to the new trainees, he doesn’t know what to
BWT (Belen)
Aug 16, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: mm-fiction, 2018
This series has such an intriguing setup. A ghostwalker's mission is to help stranded souls cross over. Ghostwalkers are assisted by their anchors, who provide medical care, meditation, and grounding techniques to care for their ghostwalker.

When Avery Wagner's anchor, and husband, Luke died of cancer four years ago he quit ghostwalking, but after some time mourning agreed to teach at the Requiem Inc. branch office in Duncan Moor, outside of Rochester, New York.

When a new batch of students arrive
Ali
Aug 29, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: reviewed
A Scattered Thoughts and Rogue Words Review An Alisa Review:

Rating: 4 stars out of 5

This has been a great series and the author continues to deliver. We met Avery in the first book when he helped Blake and Derek and we get to see him work through the loss of his bonded a few years before. Jameson is still in training but looks forward to having a ghostwalker to take care of.

Avery hasn’t ghostwalked in years but he does when there is trouble and it puts Jameson in even closer proximity than their
Lena Grey
Sep 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
“... You make me drop things, like all the plans I had for a life without you. Someone to die for, someone to fall into when the world goes dark... Someone to tear a hole in this endless night... You are what I hold on to. You're taking over. I find that giving in is the best I can do...” ~ Jimmy Gnecco, Brian May ('Someone to Die For')

You can never replace one love with another, but if you are fortunate, someone may come into your life who is willing to share your heart, giving you enough room
JenCW
Sep 05, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc, paranormal
4 Stars!

We met Avery in the first book, Ghost of a Chance, when Blake and Derek unexpectedly form an anchor bond and need help understanding it. Most of the characters of the first two books are in this one and play some significant roles at times, as such, I think readers would benefit from the first books for the world building and character backgrounds. Plus, I enjoyed the first two books.

Avery lost his beloved bonded anchor and husband, Luke, to cancer 4 years ago and is just beginning to h
Natosha Wilson
Sep 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I really like this series. Each book in this series is different but they are all intertwined. Each book has a special story to it about its main characters and I love that about Kris T Bethke. This story was no different then the last two books in this series. It has a very interesting storyline with some very sad things but in the end, there is a happy ending.

Jameson is happy that he will soon be assigned a person to take care of while they do there ghost walking. He is even more excited that
meep
Sep 04, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc, bbj
Somebody to Die For is the third book in the camp Requiem Inc. series by Kris T. Bethke. In this book, we meet Avery and Jameson. Avery is an experienced ghost walker who lost his bond mate and anchor to cancer and Jameson is a newbie anchor who does not have the gene. Their relationship does not start out on the right foot but Jameson is just what Avery needs to re-enter the career he was made for.

In the beginning, Avery is still drowning in grief. His grief is pretty persistent throughout the
Morgan  Skye
Sep 01, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2018, reviewed
I love this series so much! This is hard for me to differentiate – because I can’t help but compare this to the previous two books, which I really loved…
On the one hand: I loved the world Bethke has given us – the ghosts, the afterlife, the alternate way of thinking… I was so PSYCHED that Avery gets a happy ending… I loved the idea of May/December – especially in this long lived world…

In the end – I didn’t like Avery. Ugh. He bothered me the entire time. I appreciated that he loved Luke and that
Cathy Brockman
Sep 04, 2018 rated it really liked it
This is another intriguing story in an unusual world. I love the idea of ghostwsljers and Kris T. Bethke has created us an intriguing world full of interesting characters and storylines.
I do suggest you read the series in order so you understand what is going on and who the recurring characters like Sam, Michael, Blake and Derek are and why Avery is so attached to his deceased Lover Luke. Bonded partners are sort of like fated mates in shifter stories so moving on for Avery isn’t easy.
Jameson c
MariF
Sep 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I liked this one better than book 2. I liked the emotional connection between Avery and Jameson and that Jameson can be perfect for someone who had already experienced and lost the great love and comfort that went with a bonded connection.

Jameson does not have the right gene but he is not hobbled by this fluke of genetics from pursuing his true calling and can provide needed anchoring for the ghostwalkers by his deep caring and dedication.
There was a reasonable amount of angst but nothing overly
Ivy
Full review at :

description

Avery Wagner is a retired ghostwalker since he lost his anchor and bonded love, Luke. He doesn’t ghostwalk anymore but gives lectures for young ghostwalkers and anchors.
Jameson doesn’t have the gene of an anchor, but he’s meant to be an anchor, and he’s a natural caretaker in need of a ghostwalker.
When Avery and Jameson meet, an instant connection burns between them, but Avery is still recovering the los
Sue
Sep 05, 2018
Sylvie
Sep 06, 2018
Sam
rated it did not like it
Aug 07, 2018
Aug 21, 2018
Mariarosa Buzzo
Aug 25, 2018
Goodreads Librari...: Delete Editions 3 22 Aug 27, 2018 08:40AM
Kris T. Bethke has been a voracious reader for pretty much her entire life and has been writing stories for nearly as long. An avid and prolific daydreamer, she always has a story in her head. She spends most of her free time reading, writing, or knitting/crocheting her latest project. Her biggest desire is to find a way to accomplish all three tasks at one time. A classic muscle car will always t ...more

Requiem Inc. (3 books)
  • Ghost of a Chance (Requiem Inc., #1)
  • Lost Souls Found (Requiem Inc. #2)