Start by marking “Fake It Till You Break It” as Want to Read:
Fake It Till You Break It

Fake It Till You Break It

Mia and Jake have known each other their whole lives. They’ve endured summer vacations, Sunday brunches, even dentist visits together. Their mothers, who are best friends, are convinced that Mia and Jake would be the perfect couple, even though they can’t stand to be in the same room together.

After Mia’s mom turns away yet another cute boy, Mia and Jake decide they’ve have
Published May 28th 2019 by Swoon Reads

To ask other readers questions about Fake It Till You Break It, please sign up.
This question contains spoilers… (view spoiler)
Iann T. Jenn p. Nguyen gives very good description about her Characters. Shouldn’t that be obvious?
Nhi ❤ Books Jenn P. Nguyen does have a couple more books that she wrote. You can click on her name and it should bring you to her profile listing all of the books…moreJenn P. Nguyen does have a couple more books that she wrote. You can click on her name and it should bring you to her profile listing all of the books she has written. :)(less)

Start your review of Fake It Till You Break It
Melanie
Mar 16, 2020 rated it really liked it
Recommended to Melanie by: Romie
this was so cute, charming, and heartwarming!

Youtube | Instagram | Twitter | Blog | Spotify | Twitch

This was our May 2020 pick for the Dragons and Tea Book Club! 🐉☕
Elle (ellexamines)
Oct 10, 2018 marked it as tbz
A romcom about fake dating, no matter how many times I may have read it before, is the height of romantic perfection and I can and will read it again thanks
alexandra
fake dating is the best trope i don't make the rules!!!!!!
Cristina Monica
This is the perfect YA romance to read during the summer, perhaps at the beach or next to the pool or even late at night while everyone is sleeping and you’re awake under the atmospheric moonlight. Just don’t read it during a snowstorm, that’s all I ask.

Some might call it cliché and predictable, but I call it entertaining and wish-fulfilling. Mia and Jake have known each other forever—they were best friends but now they don’t know what they are, except their moms think they’d form the perfect c
Navessa
Apr 11, 2019 rated it really liked it

This book reads like if The Kissing Booth and To All the Boys I've Loved Before got together and had a baby.

It contains some of my favorite rom-com tropes of all time, including hate to love, fake dating, and a reverse parent trap years in the making.

But this in no way reads like some sort of amalgamation of the two I compared it to. This truly stands on its own.

The MCs, Mia and Jake, are nice people. Except to each other. You can understand why when their BFF moms have forced them to endure eve
Romie
well, that cute™ i just love the enemies to friends to lovers trope, one of the very best, especially when it's written with a dual pov amen thank you. it was adorable, with a bit of drama but not too much, so so sweet and the Vietnamese rep was 10/10 (it's never said Mia's family is Vietnamese, but their last name is, and the the author is as well). this really made me happy!
Vicky Again
Mia was a bit too...cliché Wattpad? hyper? for me. I thought the concept was cute but some of it felt a little forced quirkiness, tbh. I'd say fans of To All the Boys I've Loved Before who want a protagonist who's a little sillier and young will enjoy this!
Jen ♥Star-Crossed Book Blog♥
Fake It Till You Break It was absolutely adorable! If you're looking for a book that will make you smile and laugh, then look no further. This hate to love and fake romance story was a ton of fun. I got sucked in right away and I loved how it all unfolded. So if you're a fan of YA romance, Kasie West or cute movies like To All The Boys I've Loved Before, then you definitely have to pick this one up!
When he hooked his pinkie against mine, I couldn’t help remembering all the times we had
Emma
Jun 03, 2019 rated it liked it
3.5 Stars

Fake it till you break it is a sweet contemporary romance between Mia and Jake, two enemies that have been stuck together for life because of their mothers’ close friendship. I love me a good dose of hate-to-love relationships and this was done pretty well. I especially liked how they really tried to fight their attraction at first, but in the end they had to admit defeat and declare their love for each other. The fact that they knew so much about the other was the sweetest thing ever
Sana
A perfectly fun and cute book about fake dating enemies-to-lovers with dual POVs (my fave) as well as well-written characters. It reads like a YA rom-com and there are some really hilarious and awkward scenes. I really loved how much Jake admired Mia being a strong woman who can do anything. I like one (1) healthy relationship (in which they start out trying to trick their moms and fail miserably LOL)

Mia is talkative, extremely loyal and kind so a very well-rounded main character. Her dream is t
laurel [the suspected bibliophile]
Mia and Jake hate hate hate each other. Which would be totally fine, except their moms are best friends and force them to go everywhere—dentist appointments, school, vacations, etc—in the vain hope that one day they'll fall in love. Mia just wants to date whoever she wants, and Jake wants to get out of another cruise. So they decide to pretend to be in love...which is totally just fine, right?

Okay okay okay. So I rated this three stars. It's not bad, it just felt kinda bland and like something I
thi
May 29, 2019 rated it really liked it
4/5
- the first ya contemporary that I’ve read with a Vietnamese lead I’m-
- like I knew I was starved for a female Vietnamese mc but I didn’t know just how starved I was until chao ga was mentioned
- I’m Vietnamese and throughout the story there’s so many little moments from Mia and her family that I could actually relate to (for once) from habits, mannerisms, looks
- not to be dramatic but I almost had a meltdown
- Overall I don’t mind the fake dating trope but it’s far from my favourite; that s
Amélie Boucher
Jun 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites

SO FREAKING CUTE OMG
Sophia (Bookwyrming Thoughts)
From the moment I read the synopsis, I wanted to read Fake It Till You Break It by Jenn P. Nguyen. Fake dating that might backfire on the characters in the end? That sounded like pure fun (for the reader, probably not the characters), and Nguyen delivered. Some people may think the book is predictable and full of clichés, which can definitely be the case depending on reading preferences (and mood).

But if anyone is looking for a light and funny young adult contemporary romance to read, Fake It Ti
Kayla Brunson
May 08, 2019 rated it really liked it
This was so freaking cute! Honestly, this would be such a good book for summer reading. I loved our characters and thought they were perfect for each other. Even though they didn’t want to admit at first.

Reading about Mia and Jake fake dating was such a treat! Every time they bickered, had cute moments, and just basically being together added 10 years to my life. Mia was hilarious and quirky while Jake was super cute and ending up being a very swoony guy.

While I did enjoy this, I can admit tha
Mónica BQ
Cute, fun, believable and all that. Major applause for the very healthy and cool portrayals of various types of friendships between girls and boys.

But, the resolution to the two major conflicts of the story came waaaaaay too easy for me. And the book took a nosedive from a solid 5 stars.

It might be just me, but if I was Jake I would have punched Finn in the dick and I don't know if ever would have spoken to Mia again. There are just some things that I'm not willing to forgive nor forget in this
Lisa (Remarkablylisa)
Mar 07, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: asian-books
MY RATING: 4.5 / 5 STARS

I received an ARC from Raincoast books in exchange for a honest review.

Okay, I judge books based on publishers sometimes. Yup, it's a fact for me that if I read several arcs from the same publisher and each book failed to make any good rankings for me, I kind of write them off. Swoon Reads was kind of an iffy publisher for me. They had the cutest covers for YA contemporaries that centered over the theme of romance. But they lacked substance, often boring, and childish.
julianna ➹
THIS WAS SO CUTE (even though it wasn't subtle at all 😭) and also has a slightly younger voice than what I'm used to

revieww to comee
Becca da Romance Queen
Under of this stress, whatever it may be, I don't think I'll be able to write a good review. To be honest, are any of my reviews that great? I don't know...XD. I guess I rushed into reading this book and trying to finish it.

THE TITLE REALLY SUITS THIS BOOK!! Anyway, this book was good. PERIODT. Sure, I was smiling and "cursing" some of the characters, but it didn't pump me up. LIES! Okay, maybe it did... I'm not going to go that insane in this review. MORE LIES! Haha. This book was SUPER good!!
The Candid Cover (Olivia & Lori)
Full Review on The Candid Cover

Fake It Till You Break It by Jenn P. Nguyen is an adorable take on the fake dating trope. The story is realistic as it follows both the sweetness and awkwardness of love, and the main characters are so encouraging of one another. This is a great read to relax with this summer.

❀ PERFECT FOR SUMMER

The book tells the story of two neighbours whose mothers are convinced that they will make the perfect couple. Desperate for the chance to date who she wants and have her m
Haley Hope Gillilan
My lips nearly fell off from smiling so wide, this entire book. Ohhhh my goodness. Is there any trope better than fake dating? It's actually quite difficult to pull off, but Nguyen nails it. It's such a delight to watch Jake and Mia go from hating each other (pfft) to admitting their feelings to figuring out their relationship. I love the little ways that Jake takes care of Mia, and I love that Mia was the one to do the big romantic gesture. Jake is so thoughtful and sweet, and Mia is so hilario ...more
flavia
May 24, 2019 rated it really liked it
I read some of the reviews saying that this book was predictable and cliché but I loved it, I found it heartwarming and entertaining. Mia and Jake are the cutest, softest people !!

Longer review once I finish taking my exams 💌
Scrill
Dec 27, 2018 rated it liked it
I loved Nguyen's other book so much. I need this asap, it has my favorite tropes. They never get old.
Danielle (Life of a Literary Nerd)
3.5 Stars

Super fun, super cute, and exactly what I needed after finishing such a depressing book earlier in the week. This was a breath of fresh air because I knew exactly what I was going to get and I just had the best time being along for the ride. Mia and Jake are an adorable childhood friends to enemies to lovers trope come to life on the page and I couldn't be happier. Even with the ending being a little rushed (which was probably my biggest complaint) I still just had so much fun reading t
mith
Yes hello it is I, with that “soon” review I wrote like three goddamn years ago or something. Look at me, keeping my promises!!

Anyway YOU GUYS. listen. You’re all traitors, okay? TRAITORS. To know this book EXISTED, with the holy trinity of tropes, and then not tell me about it? The absolute NERVE.

So if you don’t know what this book is about: have I got some news for you. Fake It Till You Break It has:
• fake dating
• hate to love between
• childhood friends

So. Like I said, holy trinity of tropes.
Ashley
May 22, 2019 rated it really liked it
*SWOON*
this was so freaking cute wtf

please please read this book - its such a perfect cute summer romance UGH

*thank you to Edelweiss and Swoon Reads for this review copy!

Full RTC
Yoda
May 11, 2020 rated it really liked it
This was a pretty obvious story, as is everything I read nowadays. I only read fluff and cutsy books right now, perfekt distraction of the impending doom that is my exam.

The story itself was nice, well-written, characters were cute and sweet, there was some drama but it did not take too long before it was resolved. And I really did enjoy reading about mothers that were so involved (maybe annoyingly so) but for me it was refreshing.
Don´t regret making this purchase.
Catherine Tinker
Jul 16, 2018 marked it as to-read
Shelves: swoon-reads
Enemies-to-lovers, via fake dating.

Yes, please.
Nathaniel
Jul 07, 2020 rated it did not like it
This book had its moments. I smiled a few times, I even laughed at one part because of something that was thought by the main character... but overall I have issues with this book.
1. Don't you just LOVE it when toxic relationships are romanticized in YA contemporary? No? Me neither. See, whether you want to believe this or not... YA romances have a huge impact on teen romances in real life because kids expect this to be reality. It's not healthy to shove toxic relationships down the throats of Y
Alyssa
I’ve said this before, and I’ll say it again: the fake dating trope is the best trope of all in young adult books. I don’t make the rules, that’s just how it is. And I am happy to say that this is another novel that does the trope so well.

Jake and Mia’s mothers are best friends and because of that they have grown up alongside each other. The older they get, the more their mothers think they would be the perfect couple and try to push them together at the smallest opportunity. Jake and Mia have h

• If I'm Being Honest
  • Maybe This Time
  • 10 Blind Dates
  • I Hate You, Fuller James
  • How to Speak Boy
  • Moment of Truth (Love, Life, and the List, #3)
  • Something New