Start by marking “From Miracle to Murder: Justice for Adam” as Want to Read:
From Miracle to Murder: Justice for Adam

From Miracle to Murder: Justice for Adam

Would a mother kill her own child? It seems unfathomable, but it happens all the time. Joyce was a single mother of Anne, a nine-year-old daughter, and Adam, a six-year-old severely disabled son. Adam required constant care. Joyce was on welfare. She wanted more. Was she tired of taking care of her kids? When Adam died, her ex-husband said she was an abusive mother. The ba ...more
Published May 3rd 2018 by Createspace Independent Publishing Platform

To ask other readers questions about From Miracle to Murder, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about From Miracle to Murder

gj indieBRAG
Feb 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
We are proud to announce that FROM MIRACLE TO MURDER: Justice for Adam by Joyce A. Lefler is a B.R.A.G.Medallion Honoree. This tells readers that this book is well worth their time and money!
Glenda Westerfield-Wedding
Feb 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
From Miracle to Murder by Joyce Lefler, is a very well written account of a mother's worst nightmare, the loss of her most precious possession. And if that was not enough, to be charged with the murder of that child. A detailed personal story of journey through abuse, grief bewilderment, and injustice, by the judicial system. Somehow, Joyce with the help of her "hero's", found the strength an courage to pull herself out of despair and find out the truth about what "actually really" happened to h ...more
Karmini
Feb 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This was a book I could not put down. The author does an exceptional job of drawing the reader in and making us feel like we were with her throughout the journey. The fact that it is a true story only serves to add to this amazing book. Some parts seems so unimaginable that I had to reread them just to get it through my head. It is a story that needed to be shared, both for the author and for readers who may connect on a personal level. It is a story ANY mother can relate to and will make you wa ...more
Kathleen Parrish
Feb 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A powerful, powerful story of justice and triumph for a little boy who deserved so much more, and for an innocent woman who was accused of murdering her own child. Joyce Lefler tells Adam's story, and her own, with compassion and dispassion, with conviction, and most of all, with a frightening clarity in exposing the weaknesses in our justice system. Kudos to the detectives who reopened the cold case on Adam's murder, and refused to give up until they uncovered the truth.

Adam's story will break
Carol Fay
February 22, 2019
Verified Purchase
Format: Kindle Edition
Picked up this book and couldn't put it down. If you like a really good Dateline or Cold Case Files story, then you will love this book. All this lady has gone through and still survived is the exact image of a strong women. May God forgive those who trespassed against her. May God forgive the "church" for their part in leaving her feeling hopeless and alone. God bless you Joyce. I know that you have found that God's grace is sufficient.
Barbara
Feb 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This was a very good book. A book about survival of a mother who had to defend herself and the love for her son. It was a page turner and didn't want to stop reading. It got real intense that I had to put down and reflect on what I had read. If you like a true crime novel you will really love this book. I would recommend to anyone and my friends.
Jacque Vance
Feb 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This was a book I could not put down!! It was horrible that a mother who just lost her son was now having to prove she did not murder her child. It is a true story of a mom not losing one child but lost 2 children. This is a must read book!!!
sharon
Aug 06, 2018 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Awesome

I fought this book hard to put down, I read it all in one day and I laughed, cried, and got so angry. I highly recommend this book to every one
cheryl kleisley
Feb 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Incredible survival and success story, I highly recommend this book!
Jessica Burning
Sylvia
Sep 28, 2018
Frank Lyons
Feb 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
What an amazing story about strength and conviction and the unconditional love that was required for both. This book will draw you in. You will experience through the words, every conceivable emotion. You will come away with an appreciation for life itself.
alice pearce
Feb 03, 2019
Lisa Zoll
Sep 24, 2018
Kathy Ray
Writing a review for this book is such an honor!! This book will leave you feeling a mutitude of emotions. This book was so intense that I read it in its entirety in about 6 hours, It was a very hard book to put down
Whatever happened to being inniocent before being provern guilty?? There was a GREAT miscarriage in the judicial system!!
This book will leave you wanting to read the next chapter!
Nick Kelley