Start by marking “The Crystal Tree” as Want to Read:
The Crystal Tree

The Crystal Tree

Briar has finally managed to rebuild her life after losing her parents to the fire that destroyed her entire village. But when the magic-wielding Nameless Ones kidnap her sister, Briar is forced to leave the safety of her new home to save her.

With the help of some travellers on a mission of their own, and her own magic, Briar chases after the Nameless Ones, only to find th
Published August 1st 2018

To ask other readers questions about The Crystal Tree, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Crystal Tree

Melissa Gravitis
Aug 28, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: indie-faves
Friendship. Sisters. Adventure. Magic.

This truly is a lovely book! At the beginning I was afraid, as Briar bumped into a mysterious young man also looking to escape, and I feared instalove. To my relief, there was none! I was pleased to see a deep, caring, and sacrificial friendship emerge between them, and the others on their journey.

There were a number of twists in the story! They were unexpected, yet made sense, which are the best kind of plot twists. It was also beautiful to see Briar grow,
Hannah White

It's been a while since I've read this, and I read it in a late draft, so I haven't seen the finished product. I'm planning to order a hard copy soon to read this! I'm in love with the cover, and can't wait to see what the finished story is!

Review to come after reading this edition!
Liz Brooks
Oct 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Note: I was given a digital review copy of THE CRYSTAL TREE by the author.

First things first, I am so late in getting this review up. I finished reading THE CRYSTAL TREE, by Imogen Elvis, more than a month ago. I’ve been in the process of moving for the past several months, but now that I have the chance to sit and catch my breath, it’s time to take care of everything I’ve been neglecting.

Imogen Elvis is a great person. I feel like I can’t launch into a review of her book without first talking
Will Cloud
Aug 02, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: favorites
I have a confession to make:

I don’t like YA fantasy novels. I grew up reading classical literature and when I hear fantasy, I’m more inclined to think Lord of the Rings instead of Artemis Fowl. So why am I reviewing a young adult fantasy novel, written by a young adult? Simply put, I know Miss Elvis. I’m very glad that I did make a connection through Go Teen Writers with her, because she has opened this very snobby bibliophile to a genre I thought I could never enjoy. She graciously provided me
Azelyn Klein
“Kade shrugged. ‘I believe the Crystal Tree is real. I just don’t think that it does all the things you say it does. It’s a source of magic, not a weather vane.’
“‘Interesting.’ Briar pressed her lips together. Belief in the Tree was as natural as breathing. How could people not see its power in everything around them?”

This book is the fantasy story I wish I had as a teenager. Not that I don’t enjoy it now. I do. It’s just that, wow! That was nostalgic!

I particularly enjoyed Briar and her perspec
Marjolein Ribberink
Sep 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I really loved this book. That's it. All there is to say!

Just kidding. I did really enjoy it though, and I read the full thing in less than 14 hours (and that's including a full night of sleep!) because I couldn't put it down.

As a fellow writer of fantasy, currently still trying to figure out how a magic system is supposed to work, this one was incredible. Different from the wands and spells and substances of the past, the song-magic in this book draws my mind back to C.S. Lewis' Magician's Nep
Elza Kinde
Briar's attempt to rebuild her life shatters when a dangerous group of magicians arrive in Osman, bringing nothing but trouble and taking Briar's sister, Ava, with them. Left with nothing, Briar chases down the Nameless Ones with the aid of some mysterious travelers and her own meager magic.

With everything from narrow escapes, musical magic, and misguided misadventures The Crystal Tree is everything you love about classic fantasy. Though the story has some darker themes, the telling of it remain
Asheton Little
Aug 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I really loved the book, and I like how the characters are quite relatable. Another thing that I really like is how Briar is so devoted to her sister that she was willing to go as far she had to, to try to find her. It's a really good book that I would definitely recommend that you read. I really hope that there will be a sequel.

I hope that this will help you in your decision on whether to buy the book or not.
Addison Little
Sep 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A great addition to the fantasy genre. I loved the storyline and the characters. I also liked that Briar's primary motivation is to save her sister, this book was well written and had many great characters, and I thought the main villain's name (sorry, no spoilers) was pretty cool. I would definitely recommend that you read the Crystal Tree. I really hope there is a book 2!
Venisa
Jul 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Couldn’t put it down! The Crystal Tree transported me into a magical world. The main characters became fellow travelers and friends. Can’t wait for the next book. There will be a next book, right?!
Neva Taylor
Dec 20, 2018
Sophie
Dec 31, 2018
Whitney McGruder
Aug 04, 2018
Imogen Elvis
Jul 15, 2018 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Shelves: fantasy