Start by marking “Dead in a Week (Forensic Instincts #7; Zermatt Group Thriller #1)” as Want to Read:
Dead in a Week (Forensic Instincts #7; Zermatt Group Thriller #1)

Dead in a Week

(Forensic Instincts #7)

What would you do if your daughter was kidnapped and given only a week to live?

Lauren Pennington is celebrating her junior year abroad when life comes to a screeching halt. At Munich's Hofbr�uhaus, she engages in an innocent flirtation with a charming stranger for the length of a drink. Drink finished, Lauren leaves--only to be snatched from the streets and thrown into an
Published March 19th 2019 by Bonnie Meadow Publishing LLC

To ask other readers questions about Dead in a Week, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Dead in a Week

Start your review of Dead in a Week (Forensic Instincts #7; Zermatt Group Thriller #1)
Tim
Jul 08, 2019 rated it did not like it
Unfortunately, the premise is more interesting than this kidnap story. Have I mentioned I don't care much for kidnap stories? 2 of 10 stars
Cheryl
Feb 22, 2019 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this newest book from author, Andrea Kane. It has a pretty good pacing that stays steady throughout the whole book from beginning to end.

Aidan is a strong lead character. Plus, he is intelligent. Which I would expect from a former Marine. While, Aidan may have been the lead character; the other characters did not play second string. They were prominent figures in the story as well.

As I briefly hinted prior; there is plenty of action in this story. So the mixture of good charac
Darcy
I think what I loved most about this one was getting to know Aidan more. He's been in the back ground, popping in with his adorable daughter. Aidan's work with the Zermatt Group surprised me, yet was spot on with what we knew about him.

I really liked that Adian and his people knew what was going on with Lauren before anyone else and jumped in to help. By going to the father right away it seems like they got a jump on things. Watching the Zermatt team work was great! They were an odd collection
Chris Conley
May 12, 2020 rated it it was amazing
These books are always so intricately crafted that I feel as if I have gotten a solid tech education by the time the crime is resolved. Andrea Kane is an amazing writer!!!
Cheryl
Dec 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2018-read

Caveat: I have read, and thoroughly enjoyed, Andrea Kane’s Forensic Instincts’ series dating back to 2012. You can see my past reviews by clicking on the title: THE LINE FROM HERE AND GONE, THE MURDER THAT NEVER WAS, and A FACE TO DIE FORA FACE TO DIE FOR.

When I found out that a new book was in the works I patiently waited to get my hands on a copy thinking it was another book from the Forensic Instincts’ series. I soon realized that DEAD IN A WEEK introduces a new company, the Zermatt Group. Wo
Teresa
May 23, 2019 rated it it was ok
Well this is not really a Forensic Instincts book but a new series introduced in a very disjointed manner. Most of the forensic characters make cameos or are on the fringes of the kidnapping story. As for the new characters way to many to keep track of, add in daily flights, many foreign countries this became an almost DNF read. I only finished it because this is a series I devoured very quickly when I discovered it and was waiting for that to happen and it never did.
Paraphrodite
Jul 13, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2020
3.5 stars.

The main character of this is Aidan, who's Marc's brother and apparently the head of a super secretive Mission Impossible type organisation named the Zermatt Group (the place where the founding members initially met to establish the group). Like FI, it's filled with people with all sorts of skills including Simone, a French HR recruitment consultant whose job it is to look for the right people for a specific job and Aidan's love interest.

The premise of the Zermatt Group is good but (v
Feather Stone
Mar 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This was an enjoyable read, even for someone like me who struggles with my plain jane flip phone (blushing). Much of the plot involved use of high tech devices that would be typical of any covert plot. Anyone who enjoys the benefits of an array of the latest communication devices and understands how they all work will absolutely love Dead in a Week. What saved me was that the narration was done so well that I got the gist of what was being applied and why.

The best part of Andrea Kane’s writing i
Darcia Helle
Dead in a Week is an explosive story of kidnapping and espionage. The pace gradually builds as we race against the clock along with the Zermatt Group, desperate to save an innocent young woman.

The plot is complex, intricate, and highly detailed. I have no doubt that an impressive amount of research went into the writing process, yet the story never feels weighed down by facts. Andrea Kane seamlessly weaves necessary details into the story as we need them.

This story is highly plot-driven. Action
Diane Saul
Jul 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
New ground breaking technology is about to be released by NanoUSA. Technology that the Chinese will do anything to get their hands on. Including kidnapping the daughter of one of the directors of the company. Unless he gets the technology to them within 7 days, they will kill his daughter.

I loved this book. It has it all, industrial espionage, suspense, romance. I couldn’t put it down.
Kathleen Chrisman
Mar 26, 2019 rated it liked it
The Zermatt Group is founded and run by Marc's (from Forensic Instincts) brother Aidan Deveraux, whom we've met before in the Forensic Instincts books. I enjoyed getting to know him better along with his team. I liked the involvement of some of the characters from Forensic Instincts group in this book.
It took me a while to get into this book. Once the initial kidnapping takes place I found the story dragged as I tried to follow all of the new characters and their jobs. I enjoyed the internation
Vivian
3.5-star read
I received a digital review copy of this book in exchange for a fair and honest review.

Lauren Pennington is nothing more than an American foreign-exchange student, biding her time in Germany during her break when an attractive man sits down at a renowned bar and has a drink with her. A few minutes later, Lauren has disappeared. Her family in the US knows nothing of her disappearance, but they will because Lauren has been taken as leverage. Lauren's father, Vance Pennington, is a hig
Catherine
Mar 29, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
College exchange student Lauren Pennington’s disappearance while studying in Munich is a parent’s worst nightmare. And Vance Pennington’s worst fears are confirmed when he receives a demand from kidnappers to turn over his company’s revolutionary new technology program in exchange for his daughter’s safe return. With a deadline of one week to meet the kidnappers’ terms, Vance turns to former Marine captain Aidan Deveraux and his highly-skilled yet secretive Zermatt Group to secure Lauren’s safe ...more
Patti Lucas
Mar 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Dead in a Week is an amazing book. I just loved it and could not put it down. Dead in a Week introduces the Zermatt Group which is managed by Marc Deveraux's brother, Aidan. Aidan reaches out to Casey for assistance from Forensic Instincts. Aidan needed help from Ryan and Emma. Emma had the better joIn a sort of "big brother" program, Aidan and his team discover that the daughter of an executive at NanoUSA has been kidnapped before any ransom demands are even made. Lauren Pennington is studying ...more
Debbie Oxier
Apr 10, 2019 rated it really liked it
I liked this one but not as much as the Forensic Instincts series. Aiden Deveraux is ex-military, wealthy, and the head of the Zermatt Group, a covert group of military and spy operatives who search the data stream for disturbing events around the world. Think Person of Interest, the television show that operates along those same lines.

In this instance, Aiden learns of a young woman's kidnapping. Lauren Pennington, daughter of Vance Pennington, whose company is about to launch his latest techno
Jessica Bronder
Apr 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Lauren Pennington is spending time at a bar in Germany when a man comes up and starts talking to her. Then just that quick she is kidnapped and held for ransom. It seems her father, Vance has some cutting edge communication technology that the kidnappers want in exchange for Lauren’s life. Thankfully Aiden Deveraux and the Zermatt Group are on the case.

Aiden’s team found the kidnapping and figured out why Lauren was taken and reported the kidnapping to Vance. They are also there to help get Lau
Joan
Mar 24, 2019 rated it really liked it
I like a novel that has a good plot and plenty of action. This one has both. A tech company facing corporate espionage and an international kidnapping make for a compelling story. Aidan and his team are up to the challenge, with unlimited finances and the latest technology.

Kane has introduced a new covert group in this novel and I like it. I have enjoyed the Forensic Instincts novels and was glad to see some of those characters in this one. Kane manages to provide a good balance of character dev
Wall-to-wall books - wendy
Mar 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Excellent suspense! I loved the very detailed play-by-play. The description of all the newest and latest technology/electronic devices/spy equipment - how fun! I want to play with some of those! Makes me want to go into the CIA or something. I wonder how many of them are real or made up?

Great character development. Lauren, the innocent victim, seemed very real to me. Aidan, in charge of the whole operation, was perfect and again seemed real. So many others and I am sure each person who reads t
Shelly
Apr 01, 2019 rated it really liked it
This is a first for me from Kane; but definitely won't be the last! Kane took a very realistic fear of sending a child abroad, only to meet with ill will, and wrapped us up within it. From start to finish, this is a strong read full of descriptive scenes and characters that are fully-developed into realistic people. The technology angle took me a bit to grasp but as long as I took my time, I was able to form the storyline into something I could follow. The ultimate dark theme behind greed and po ...more
Carl
Jul 19, 2019 rated it it was ok
At the beginning of the book, our hero, Aiden, is set up as having a nearly 24 hour a day important job with daily massive disasters that only he can handle. His side-gig is doing private rescue, spy, vigilante work. When a project comes up, he drops this important work for a week. Not a word to his bosses, but he does use the company's resources to get a flight from NY to California. Later on we learn his private gig funds itself by stealing money from those it believes to be bad actors. And it ...more
Kari
Mar 18, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: for-review, kindle, 2019
3.5 stars I am a big fan of this series. I have enjoyed the characters from the FI team sinc the start. Dead in a Week is a solid addition. This one focuses on Aiden, Mark's brother, and his secret spy team. They are looking for a missing millionaire's daughter and have exactly one week to do it. I did enjoy this one. It was action packed and fast paced. I liked getting to know Aiden better and am intrigued by his team members. Up until now, the books have focused on the FI team members. I'm not ...more
Jennifer Gottschalk
May 25, 2019 rated it liked it
An enjoyable but forgettable, novel, "Dead in a Week" centers around a young woman's kidnapping with an unusual ransom. Rather than money, the kidnappers, who work for the Chinese, are desperate to get their hands on ground-breaking technology.

What follows is a slightly unbelievable suspense / drama. Kane has recycled characters from her "Forensics Institute" series but she did not make the most of that strategy and use it as an opportunity to widen her reader base.

Unfortunately the plot, pacing
Bookworm LLC
Jul 22, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: cindy-bookshelf
I have been a big fan of Andrea Kane for a very long time. Ive read all her romance as well as her suspense. Dead in the Water was suspenseful but I felt it was not up to par with her previous series.
I will read the next book in this series when it is released to see if I like it better but if not I will not read this series. Just didn't grab me right away.
Elizabeth
Mar 22, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: new-books-2019
It took me a minute to remember that Aidan was Marc's brother and set up the story. But then the story ramped up and off we go! There was a fair amount of suspense and surprise at the end. Enjoyed it but next time more Casey please. And get Emma a love interest please.
Mary
Apr 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Its a race against time to save Vance Pennington's daughter Lauren, before he is forced to hand over blueprints to their ground-breaking technology. Full of suspense, with an unexpected twist at the end.
Martha Rodriguez
Apr 07, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Good read!

Andrea Kane is always a guarantee with her books. She makes all her characters likable. The story was well researched, giving us glimpses of how undercover work is done. Love fer Forensic Instincts and Zermatt Group thrillers!
Melissa
Apr 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Love this book! Hope Andrea Kane explores more into Aiden's brother's group, love the wheel of fortune. While I was sad that it wasn't really a forensic science book would love for her to write more about this group and the combined group.
Carmen Renzulli
Jul 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed reading this novel because from the first page to the last it hooked me into the plot. it was well
written and the characters were great. it's definitely an action and thriller novel. this author is great.i plan on reading other novels by this author.
Joanne Williams Llewellyn
Another Andrea Kane great read

I have read almost all of Andrea Kane’s Forensic books. This one took a different angle in her involving an outside group who gets her company to help in the rescue of a corporate executives daughter. Takes a lot of effort to put t the book down.
Diane Griffin
Jan 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Andrea Kane

Fantastic book! I immensely enjoyed the two teams working together! I will be eagerly anticipating the next book. I highly recommend!

• No Way Out (Lucy Kincaid, #16.5)
  • Hidden Salem (Bishop/Special Crimes Unit, #19)
  • Deadlock
  • Cut and Run (Lucy Kincaid #16)
  • Nothing to Hide (Lucy Kincaid #15)
  • Say No More (Romantic Suspense #24; Sacramento #2)
  • Seeing Darkness (Krewe of Hunters #30)
  • The Darkness We Hide (The Undertaker's Daughter, #3)
  • Deadly Touch (Krewe of Hunters #31)
  • The Final Deception (New York Confidential #5)
  • Labyrinth (FBI Thriller #23)
  • The Third to Die
  • Storm Warning (Lucy Kincaid, #14.5)
  • Hindsight (Kendra Michaels, #7)
  • Second Sight (The Jigsaw Files Book 2)
  • The Last Second (A Brit in the FBI, #6)
  • Her Deadly Secrets (Wolfe Security, #2)
  • Deep in the Alaskan Woods (Alaska Wild #1)
Coming in March 2019 from Andrea Kane: DEAD IN A WEEK.

Andrea Kane is the New York Times and USA Today bestselling author of twenty-nine novels, including fifteen psychological thrillers and fourteen historical romantic suspense titles. With her signature style, Kane creates unforgettable characters and confronts them with life-threatening danger. As a master of suspense, she weaves them into excit

Forensic Instincts (8 books)
  • The Girl Who Disappeared Twice (Forensic Instincts, #1)
  • The Line Between Here and Gone (Forensic Instincts, #2)
  • The Stranger You Know (Forensic Instincts #3)
  • The Silence That Speaks (Forensic Instincts, #4)
  • The Murder That Never Was (Forensic Instincts #5)
  • A Face to Die for (Forensic Instincts #6)
  • No Stone Unturned (Forensic Instincts #8)