Start by marking “Moxie: Maine in a Bottle” as Want to Read:
Moxie: Maine in a Bottle

Moxie: Maine in a Bottle

In this compendium of all things Moxie, Maine author Jim Baumer shows us why this soft drink has garnered such a loyal and vocal following. Through history, photos, festivals, and more, Moxie: Maine in a Bottle will make you feel like you have Moxie too! Representing old-fashioned values and a sense of community, Moxie is a heaping slice of Americana delivered Maine-style.
Expected publication: June 1st 2019 by Down East Books (first published April 1st 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Moxie, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Moxie

Nancy
Jun 29, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
My boyfriends father likes moxie.I have never tried it but curious about it this past weekend when we picked up some at the store for him. I was asking him about the history of it the next day he show up at our house with the book and a bottle of moxie. He said after I read this I have to try a bottle( I'm slightly afraid too). Such interesting history. Im sure he is heading to the festival next weekend.
Mark Fallon
Aug 10, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
As Frank Archer, Jr.’s nephew, I couldn’t not read this book. My mother still blames Coke for the Moxie brands’s downfall (I won’t tell her that Coca-Cola now owns the brand through one of its subsidiaries).

A fun little book about a fun little drink.
Rebecca
May 29, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Nicely done Jim! I really didn't know anything about the official soda drink of Maine: Moxie. This bood is a concise story not only about the soda, but also key people who ushered it through the 1800's, 1900's and on into 2012.

Elisabeth Cummings
Jul 17, 2018
Saxon
marked it as to-read
Feb 05, 2019
Jim Baumer is a Maine-based writer who cares about people and the places that define them. A regional writer with a passion for his home state, Baumer’s first book, "When Towns Had Teams," has become the definitive book about the kind of baseball that was the heart and soul of small town life in the state just after WWII, and for the next three decades, before disappearing. The book provides a sna ...more