Start by marking “Cabin 12 (Rock Point, #2)” as Want to Read:
Cabin 12 (Rock Point, #2)

Cabin 12

(Rock Point #2)

Even at thirty seven, with a challenging but rewarding career as a paramedic, Bella Gomez is treated as the baby of the family. It’s made her allergic to anyone meddling, so she chooses to keep mostly to herself. Unfortunately that doesn’t stop her family from inserting themselves in her life. Nor does it deter the one man she knows she shouldn’t get close to from showing ...more
Published September 13th 2018

To ask other readers questions about Cabin 12, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Cabin 12

DJ Sakata
Favorite Quotes:

The ceremony was lovely, and I swear I saw my brother surreptitiously brush away a tear. Something I will file away for future use, should I need some extra leverage.

The soft-spoken young man with his pock-marked face is like my dealer, the brown bag he hands me the fix I need to soothe my soul. My favorite kind of drug— French fries.

I’m as worn out as a cucumber in a convent.

I grind my teeth, my partner has a finely honed sixth sense for PMS, which he claims is imperative for s
Karen Hrdlicka
Aug 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Just when I think I can pick out my favorite book by Freya Barker, she comes out with one that outshines my favorite. Jasper and Bella's story is just that book. Not only does this master storyteller spin an amazing romance, but she weaves in a stellar suspense plot that offers surprises all the way through the book. There are so many layers to Cabin 12 and each reveal is like unwrapping a Christmas present. Ms. Barker hits a lot of topics in this book: depression, family dynamics, foster care, ...more
Dana
Sep 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I just swiped left to the last page and I’m sad to be finished. Cabin 12 was such an intense, suspense filled story!!!

I connected to Bella on a personal level (I have dealt with anxiety and depression for over 10 years); Ms. Barker nailed every emotion that Bella experienced.

Jasper....oh my, Jasper....where I thought Damian was ALPHA, I discover that Jasper is just as ALPHA (which I LOVED!!!!!!

This story was absolute perfection! I would start reading and not want to stop but I had to adult....
Valeen Robertson (Live Thru Books Blog)

Bella is the baby of her big, meddlesome family, even at 37. They treat her like she's still a baby, too, even though she's a mature adult with a serious job as a paramedic. Her brother's teammate, Jasper, has irritated her from their very first meeting, but lately the sparks between them seem to be masking something other than simply irritation with each other. Could love and commitment be in their future? Well, possibly. If they can get past all the hurdles in their way. Things like a serial k
Island Girl Romance Reads
Aug 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
My new favorite of Ms. Barker!!
Love everything about this book. Jasper and Bella’s book was just as I love my books. With lots of suspense and very good topics of depression,sexual harassment, corruption and a big meddling family, this book had me hooked from the beginning.
Poor Bella being the youngest in the family, everyone in the family was very protective of her, even though she’s a mature woman of thirty-seven years.
Jasper never had a family, coming from foster care, thinks that he’s not go
Sep 13, 2018 rated it really liked it
Freya Barker is an author who’s been on my radar for quite a while. I’ve always heard good things about her and her novels, so when I was offered a chance to read an ARC of Cabin 12, I said yes without hesitation.

Cabin 12 in the second book in the Rock Point series, but can be easily read as a stand-alone. This is the story of Bella Gomez, a paramedic attempting to rebuild her personal and professional life after being unwittingly drawn into a criminal scandal in New Mexico. She’s moved to Duran
Renee
Sep 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing

Even at thirty seven with a challenging but rewarding career as a paramedic, Bella Gomez is treated as the baby of the family. It's made her allergic to anyone meddling, so she chooses to keep mostly to herself. unfortunately that doesn't stop her family from inserting themselves in her life. Nor does it deter the one man she knows she shouldn't get close to from showing up on her doorstep. Jasper Gr
Pam
Sep 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing
We met Bella and Jasper in book 1, Keeping 6, but I strongly feel that you could pick up Cabin 12 and not be lost in the story. From their first impressions of each other Bella thinks Jasper is a player and she is certainly not going there again. Jasper sees Bella as a pampered princess. When investigations start in town and Jasper finds himself keeping an eye on Bella, he quickly sees a whole different side to her and slowly we watch the dislike turn to something more. They have serious chemist ...more
Mandie Foxylutely
ARC read 19th August 2018

Another gorgeous must read in the Rock Point series and although this is the second book in the series it can easily be read as a standalone. However I strongly recommend the first book is read too just because it is fabulous!

In this book the two main characters were an instant hit for me. Bella was a welcome surprise and not what I was expecting. The youngest in the dynamic but loving Gomez family, she is seen as the baby of the clan even though she is an independent th
A.BookNerd.Bookseller&Bibliophile.Blog
Fantastic read! Cabin 12 is Book 2 in this author`s Rock Point series. The H/h in this book were introduced in Book 1, Keeping 6, but this one reads well as a standalone. Bella is our heroine, Damian`s sister from Keeping 6. Jasper, our hero, is an FBI agent working for Damian. First impressions are so often wrong. Jasper sees Bella as a pampered princess and she sees Jasper as a player. They quickly realize their error and so our romance begins. In terms of romantic suspense I enjoyed this stor ...more
Leaona Luxx
Aug 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing
It’s no secret that Freya is one of my all time favorite Unicorn authors, I adore her. I fell in love with her and her writing so long ago, I always think she can’t get better.
WRONG!!! Cabin 12 blew me away!! Jasper and Bella are the perfect couple and Ms Barker’s flare with words draws you in, keeping you riveted until the very end!!! I’m in awe with her fluid style and the world she has built. May we all live in Rock Point...forever!!!
Denise Anderson
Jan 09, 2019 rated it really liked it
I really do enjoy reading Ms. Barker's books they are so different from the other romance novels. Her books are full of action, romance cockiness and also have characters that are middle aged. Bella had so much spunk to her and Jasper knew just how to handle her it was great watching their relationship grow. My only thing I wish the ending wasn't so rushed. Other than that the book was fantastic. I do plan on reading much more of her books. She is now one of my go to authors.
Michelle
Shelves: 2018-read, reviewed
Fast passed and addictive, Bella and Jasper's story kept me up way late for two nights trying to experience it all! I really enjoyed getting to see both of them win the hea they both deserved.
Kim
Aug 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Cabin 12 is one of those books that had me trying to decide if I wanted to race through the pages or go as slowly as possible in order to make the story last. On one hand, I loved Bella and Jasper and I really wanted to know the outcome of the case that was a focal point of the story. On the other hand, I really loved Bella and Jasper and I wanted to savor their relationship.

Bella has a rough few years. After finding out that the man she was dating for more than 5 years cheated on her almost the
Kathryn Linke
Sep 16, 2018 rated it really liked it
Freya Barker is one of those authors who has been on my to be read list for quite some time, and I recently read Keeping Six, so I was incredibly eager to re-enter the world of Rock Point with Cabin 12. I highly recommend this title if you are like me and love a romantic suspense, that is full of emotion and keeps you on the edge of your seat with twists and turns. There are several characters who crossover from Keeping Six, to Cabin 12 but you could easily read this title as a standalone.

Bella
Laundry
Aug 31, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Y'all, I didn't think it was possible, but I think I love Bella and Jasper more than I love Kerry and Damien. And y'all know how much I absolutely adore Kerry and Damien. But oh my Lord, there is just something about Jasper that makes me legit weak in the knees. And Bella with her tough as nails personality? LOVE THEM.

Story Line: Bella is Damien's little sister. She's an EMT so her path crosses with Jasper's not only in their personal lives since Damien is his boss, but also in her line of work
Lisa Cullinan
Sep 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2018
Five stars aren’t even close!

Every single time, and I mean—Every. Single. Time—I pick up a new book from Freya Barker, I say the same thing, “Oh my god! This is definitely the best book she’s ever written!” Am I going to say it again? Oh, hell yes!

Cabin 12 takes place in Durango, Colorado, and revolves around Bella Gomez, who we were introduced to in the first book of the series, Keeping 6, and Jasper Greene, an FBI agent who works for Damian Gomez, Bella’s brother.

Bella is something else! She’s
Candyce Kirk
Sep 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I enjoyed Keeping 6 and was excited to give this one a go. One of my concerns with Keeping 6 was that romance was really heavy in the book and kind of left the suspense part lacking. Some things were kind of unrealistic in my eyes. I have to say in Cabin 12 that is not the case at all. The suspense aspect is actually more center stage than the romance.

In Cabin 12 we meet Bella and Jasper. I loved this, because Bella was a character I enjoyed in Keeping 6. She's one of the main characters sisters
Britt Franks Red Hatter Book Blog
Freya Barker never fails to move me with her words. Cabin 12 is yet another example of how her writing grabs you, pulls you in, and transports you into a world filled with breathtaking romance, heart pounding suspense, deep family bonds, and gripping mystery. There’s this mix of both instant comfort and bouncing excitement I get every time I open one of her books. It’s one of my favorite feelings in the world.
As always no one does more mature and real characters quite the way Freya Barker does.
Love N. Books
Pet’s $0.02

Bella and Jasper were a great match for each other. But, it took them an incredibly long time for them to admit it to each other. It wasn’t even that they disliked each other necessarily. But, there were some unfounded assumptions made and Bella felt she had a lot to prove to herself and others, which she allowed to cloud how she viewed her life.

I went back and forth on liking Bella. Ultimately, I liked her a lot. She was a strong woman when it came to her career. She fought hard to m
Jacquie
Sep 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing
So, if you follow my reviews you KNOW that I adore EVERYTHING Ms Barker writes, that she is one of my Unicorn authors!!! Well let me tell you, she has NOT disappointed in any way with Cabin 12...it's all in there! The smooth flow of the storyline, the way Freya has of sucking you in immediately and doesn't let you go until you've finished yet another STELLAR, emotionally gripping, heart-stoppingly beautiful story that you don't want to end, the crisp attention-to-detail that you find in ALL of h ...more
Jennifer Pierson
Sep 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Cabin 12 is the second book in the Rock Point series, and I absolutely LOVED every minute of it. While you don't need to read Keeping 6 (Book 1), I highly suggest you do, as Damian & Kerry make several appearances. This story is about his baby sister Bella, who's an EMT even though her family hates her job, and they meddle so much, she stays to herself. However, while getting injured on the job, she encounters Jasper Greene, who works for her brother, at the hospital as he's injured as well. ...more
Em__Jay
Sep 19, 2018 rated it really liked it
CABIN 12 is another great addition to the Freya Barker catalogue. Without even looking at the book blurb, I know I am going to get a story about mature characters who come with a few dents. They live typical lives like us but often do remarkable things that make me cheer for them.

This book is no exception. In Jasper and Bella, we have two characters who may be outwardly composed but underneath lies a sense of unworthiness. Jasper Greene, a product of the foster care system, leads quite a solitar
Jennifer Copeland
Sep 11, 2018 rated it really liked it
Cabin 12 by Freya Barker is the second book in her Rock Point series. I have to say that this was a great book even though I haven’t read the first in the series. This is my first time reading a book by Freya Barker. The author does not disappoint in Cabin 12.
Cabin 12 explores the budding romance between Jasper and Bella. Jasper is an FBI agent and Bella is an EMT. Jasper works with Bella’s brother Damien who is Jasper’s boss. They are in the middle of investigating case of some shooting and kil
Jacey Jeffrey
Sep 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I absolutely loved this latest book in the Rock Point Series!! This is the story of Bella and Jasper. Bella is the sister of Damian and recently moved to Durango after a scandal she was invariantly a part of left her with a bad taste in her mouth. She is hoping that this is her chance to regroup and rebuild her life and her career. She meets Jasper who is a teammate of her brother's. She is not impressed with Jasper...thinking he is a playboy and she doesn't want anything to do with that. That i ...more
Joanne T
Sep 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This author’s writing keeps getting better and better, and that’s saying a lot since I proclaim every book is her best yet.

This story centers on Bella, the EMT sister of Damian from Keeping 6, and Jasper, one of his teammates. Their first meeting was less than stellar and misconceptions were formed. Bella assumes Jasper is a playboy and he, in turn, thinks she’s a spoiled princess. Nothing could be further from the truth.

When Damian and his new bride go away for their honeymoon, he tasks his emp
Brandy Roberts
Sep 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed Cabin 12 which wasn't surprising because I love all of Freya Barkers stories , this is the second book in rock point series and can be read as a standalone side note some characters are mentioned that were in part one mainly the couple from keeping 6 . The chemistry between Jasper and Bella is off the charts HOT HOT HOT these two really burn up the house I mean story (wink) . Story line had me into what was going on with the characters and learning things along with them plus th ...more
Victoria Tortelini
Sep 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Freya has completely outdone herself! Everytime I think she's hit the top, she completely blows it out of the park with the next!
Bella, the sassy, strong, confident little sister of lead FBI agent Damian, has restarted her life in Durango. After the worst break up, she needed a new start on her own two feet. When tragedy strikes her new life, Bella may not be strong enough to go it herself. She may just find her strength in the oddest of people.
Jasper is your typical workaholic FBI agent. He sp
The Book Junkie Reads . . .
The journey down this road to find that a rewarding career is one thing and a life in complete danger from a lunatic is another. Bella was independent yet sheltered by her family. She was determined to be her own keeper and do her life the way she wanted to do it. Doing things this way find that this woman had all sorts of trouble that came her way and at times on full force.

Jasper was an agent that had little time to take part in the lives of the locals and the attraction that was growing betw
Wendy Livingstone
Sep 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Bella is the youngest in a large family, and works as a paramedic. Jasper is an FBI agent and is one of Bella’s brother Damian’s team. Bella keeps to herself as she feels suffocated by her overbearing siblings, and Jasper is tasked with keeping an eye on her, by her brother. With a series killer on the loose, Jasper in challenged in more ways than one in order to protect Bella, and keep her safe. This is a well written flawless story, which is filled with suspense, emotion, corruption, sexual ha ...more
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »

• Beg (God of Rock Duet, #2)
  • This Time Is Different
  • Luke's Present (Morning Report, #3.5)
  • Forbidden Virgin
  • Forever Your Concierge (Concierge, #2)
  • The Season: Kaufman (Austin Arrows, #2)
  • Link'd Up (Dead Presidents MC, #1)
  • After Care: a romance for the over 40
  • Ryker (Steele Brothers, #1)
  • Mute (Dragon Runners, #1)
  • The Secret Thief
  • Escapades (Trident Ink #1)
  • Second to None (The Breakfast Club, #3)
  • UnScrew Me (Savage Beast MC #1)
  • Warnings & Wildfires
  • Love At Last
  • The Diary of Bink Cummings: Vol 3 (MC Chronicles, #3)
  • Fight For Her
Freya Barker loves writing about ordinary people with extraordinary stories.
Driven to make her books about 'real' people; with characters who are perhaps less than perfect, but just as deserving of romance, thrills and chills, and some hot, sizzling sex in their lives.

Recipient of the ReadFREE.ly 2019 Best Book We've Read All Year Award for "Covering Ollie", the 2015 RomCon Reader’s Choice Award

Rock Point (4 books)
  • Keeping 6 (Rock Point, #1)
  • HWY 550 (Rock Point, #3)
  • 10-Code (Rock Point, #4)