Start by marking “Have a Little Faith in Me” as Want to Read:
Have a Little Faith in Me

Have a Little Faith in Me

"Saved!" meets To All the Boys I’ve Loved Before in this laugh-out-loud romantic comedy that takes a meaningful look at consent and what it means to give it.

When CeCe’s born-again ex-boyfriend dumps her after they have sex, she follows him to Jesus camp in order to win him back. Problem: She knows nothing about Jesus. But her best friend Paul does. He accompanies CeCe to
Published September 3rd 2019

Start your review of Have a Little Faith in Me
Nenia ⚡ Aspiring Evil Overlord ⚡ Campbell

Instagram || Twitter || Facebook || Amazon || Pinterest

When I saw the blurb comparing this book to Saved! I thought that was a huge mistake, because Saved! was a perfect movie with such a heartfelt message and it kind of seemed like it was setting this book up for failure. Well, color me wrong, because this was the second emotional YA read to fill me with emotional joy. Not only is this a brilliant book about religion, sex, and love, it's got a great romance and an awesome message, and I could
Kelly (and the Book Boar)
Find all of my reviews at: http://52bookminimum.blogspot.com/

“Watch me double backflip on a half-pipe for Jesus.”

CeCe thought she and Ethan were a perfect match – so much so that she offered up her V-card to him. When Ethan decided to end things in order to become a “born again virgin” CeCe was willing to do anything to get him back – including attending Camp John 3:16 . . . .

The only problem? CeCe isn’t what you’d call a Christian. Luckily, her lifelong bestie/neighbor Paul is (or at
Jennifer Kyle
Sep 07, 2019 rated it liked it
3 Stars ...more
Rachel Solomon
Official blurb: "This book reminded me why I fell in love with YA. HAVE A LITTLE FAITH IN ME is both hilarious and poignant, with an unforgettable cast of characters led by fierce but vulnerable CeCe. She asks all the questions about relationships and sexuality I kept locked in my mind as a teen, and her desire for answers broke my heart and then filled it up. An immediate favorite."

One of the best books I've read all year. Sonia's voice is authentic, clever, and utterly captivating. Everything
Dahlia
I'm so happy I loved this as much as I'd hoped to based on the description. I love YAs that serve kind of a "sex ed" function and this one does a beautiful job with "emotional sex ed," which I think is really important and really underserved by the category. I also loved the summer camp vibes and the extremely shippable couple, and as a religious person, I just dig YA with religious themes in general, but I think this is a book that very much works whether you do too or not.
TL
Nov 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fault-of-nenia
Really enjoyed this one:) Not too preachy and tackles some touchy/tough subjects well.

Some of the humor had me cracking up more than others but none of it felt stale to me.

Would recommend:)
Annette
Jul 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
THIS BOOK. I was able to read an early copy and it has my heart forever.

Fiercely feminist, uproariously funny, and simultaneously heart-wrenchingly tender, this book is a true gem. It explores so many important issues (sex ed, healthy vs unhealthy relationships, religion) with both care and humour.

I cannot wait to read it again.
Shannon (It Starts At Midnight)

Do... do you see those comps? "'Saved!' meets To All the Boys I’ve Loved Before"? Like seriously how was Inot going to pick this up, those are straight up two of my favorite things in this world. But then I was scared because come on, could thisreally live up to two of my favorite things in this world? Why, yes, yes it freaking can, because itdid.

What I Loved:

• The
Zaneta  @ I'm Fully Booked
Thank you to NetGalley for providing and eARC of this book in exchange for an honest review.

Have a Little Faith In Me is a book that talks about really important issues, like consent, sexuality, religion, to mention a few, yet is very hard to rate, as it doesn't really deliver.
I went into it expecting a funny but poignant story about a girl who goes to Jesus camp to win over her ex-boyfriend, but ends up falling for someone else, and I got the first part, but not the second. If I were to rate
Samantha (WLABB)
Aug 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Rating: 4.5 Stars

CeCe thought she meant something to Ethan, but after her broke up with her, in the name of the Lord, she was hurt and determined to prove to him that his faith was also important to her in order to win him back. "Jesus camp" proved to be quite a challenge for CeCe, but there she found friendship, love, and understanding.

Let me tell you, I utterly adored this book, and here are some reasons why:

• I thought the characters in this book were stupendous, and I enjoyed getting to know
Sierra Elmore
Jul 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
Review to come!! But this slaps
chloe ♡
i received a review copy of this book in exchange for an honest review. all opinions below are my own.

in my arc august post, i mentioned my excitement for have a little faith in me, since it has some of my all-time favorite tropes – best friends to lovers, fake relationships, childhood friend romance and the clichést cliché – boy who pretends he doesn’t love girl but actually does, and it did not disappoint!

this book reminded me of frat girl by kiley roache, in which the protagonist, cassie,
Laetitia ʕ·ᴥ·ʔ
Nov 16, 2019 rated it really liked it
Positive discussions on safe sex. Check. Discussions that explore what consent actually means. Check. Girl squad. Check. The differences between healthy and non healthy relationships. Check. A lot more other important things that I'm too lazy to name. Check.

You know what's nice? As time goes on books are starting to include these things more and more, and it's actually just beautiful to see. I'm so happy that I'm growing up with books like these. I would literally be a completely different (and
Kaila
Oct 15, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: netgalley, 2019
What a pleasantly surprising rom-com with a feminist, sex-positive twist!

Have a Little Faith in Me is a blast from cover to cover. When CeCe follows her ex-boyfriend to a religious summer camp in a misguided attempt to win him back, she quickly finds herself in over her head in an environment that seems quick to paint her as a sinner. But with the help of her best friend and some surprising allies at the camp itself, she learns some important lessons about love, about consent, and about her own
Cari
Jun 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I've been following the author since she announced her deal on Twitter, and I was so pleased to get an early copy from NetGalley. Although I'm not a YA librarian, I love the occasional YA read, and this book did not disappoint. The protagonist, CeCe, is hilarious and real. I came from a school that was heavily evangelical/Christian, so I super-identified with her. CeCe falls for Ethan, a super-Christian, formerly homeschooled boy. After they have sex, he dumps her, and she's totally blindsided. ...more
Forever Young Adult
Graded By: Rosemary
Cover Story: Kombucha Girl
BFF Charm: Meh
Swoonworthy Scale: 6
Talky Talk: Straight Up (to Heaven)
Bonus Factors: Church Camp, Sex Positivity
Relationship Status: See You Next Summer

Read the full book report here.
Leelynn (Sometimes Leelynn Reads) ❤
Review will be posted on September 1st for the Fantastic Flying Book Club Blog Tour on my blog Sometimes Leelynn Reads

Disclaimer: I voluntarily read and reviewed an advanced copy of this book. All thoughts and opinions are my own. Thank you to Netgalley, Fantastic Flying Book Club, and Page Street Kids for this free copy.All quotes in this review are taken from the Advanced Reader Copy and may change in final publication.

Underage Sex (discussed, not graphic), Religion,
Sexual Activities,
Isabel Ibañez
Jul 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is such a wonderful story, I seriously devoured it in one sitting. It’s all about sex, and healthy consent, and that beautiful, tough, and breathless first love that may or may not last forever.

Part of me felt like I was reading a Judy Blume book, in the best possible way. Highly recommend!!!
Jen Hawkins
Jul 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I am in love with this book. It is so funny at times, I had to catch my breath from LMAO. CeCe is all of us who were subjected to awkward, judgy religion-based events/camps that tied our eternal salvation to our vaginas. While I know the adult characters in this book are not an across-the-board representation of Christianity, it is definitely similar to what I encountered as a teen, so it spoke to me.

I love what this book says about feminism, consent, and mastering the art of self-awareness. I
Andrea Contos
Jul 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is the book you didn't know you needed and won't be able to forget.

There's so much I loved, it's difficult to know where to start. It's the perfect blend of smart and swoony, hilarious and heartwarming.

Sonia writes characters with such depth--and even side characters feel developed and real. CeCe is messy and honest, and someone you immediately love and cheer for. Her relationship with Paul--who is amazing--is filled with so many layers of feelings, each of them fleshed-out and relatable.
Sydney Springer
"How do I look?"
"Like you just had your heart broken."
I rearranged my features. "How about now?"
"Like you're going to make whoever did it pay."

*4.8 stars rounded up* When I heard about this book on Twitter I think every blood cell in my body went on high alert for news of arcs. I needed this story in my hands so bad. A feminist, sex positive romantic comedy set at a conservative Christian camp? Sign. Me. Up. As someone who is also Christian (not the exact branch in the story, as I feel like
Chelsea Bashore
Sep 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Story time: @hartlsonia, I know author’s aren’t always about getting tagged but I need you to know how much I appreciate this book. Growing up as a teenager in west northern #michigan, I can extremely relate to this book. By my senior year I felt like my youth group was a cult, I was soooooo far away from everyone else in where I was starting to not fit in with how my church or community treated people who were different. I remember sitting at this event from my church and looking at my boy ...more
Katie
How much do I love this book? So much that I want to go back in time and give a copy to every girl I knew that went to church--including myself. Maybe especially myself. I identify hard with this one. Extremely hard.

CeCe is my own personal hero. She's brash, loud, proud to be a girl, and unapologetic about it.When she decides she's going to follow her ex to church camp to try to win him back, her best friend Paul volunteers to go with her--after all, he's been there before and knows what to
Laura Gallant
Sep 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I work for this publishing company and am friends with this books editor, but I promise this has no bearing on this review.

I wish I could give this more than 5 stars, I could write a long review, but I think this rambling incoherent text I sent the editor perfectly sums up my thoughts and feelings (a coherant wrap up is after the below type too)

“I’m almost done with Have A Little Faith in me and THIS BOOK. It’s amazing. I wish I had a book to read like this when I was a teenager. It explaining
Novel Novice
Jul 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I LOVED THIS BOOK! It's both hilarious & heartfelt, covering some serious, significant subjects that are incredibly timely and important to teens (like sex, faith, personal responsibility, and empowering girls to feel strong and confident in their bodies & in their sexuality) -- but in a way that feels fun and lighthearted. The author never downplays the seriousness of these topics -- but she tackles them in a way that feels fun and natural to the narrative of the story.

And the story
Jalina
Jul 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book was everything I wanted it to be and more! CeCe had such great sass and Paul had the perfect personality to go along with it. The girls of Cabin 8 have a special place in my heart. And some of those girl talks, boy, was I laughing. But most importantly, this book gave a really good lesson about what it means to give consent, using a perfect every day (heterosexual) example.
Megan
Sep 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book! It's equal parts hilarious, romantic, and empowering. I wish it had been around when I was teenager and in my early 20s, grappling with my complicated feelings toward religion.
Jordan
Sep 29, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4.5 Stars
Diana Urban
Aug 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I had the pleasure of reading an early copy of Sonia Hartl's feminist romcom Have a Little Faith in Me, and I gobbled it up in one sitting. It's SO good, with a well-paced plot that kept me hooked. The protagonist CeCe is so much fun to read; she's hilarious, relatable, and such a joy to root for. The character development and motivations are brilliantly crafted, and every character felt three-dimensional. This book tackles such important subject matter (sex, religion, and the meaning of ...more
Melinda
Jan 12, 2020 rated it liked it
I will admit that I read this book because I, too, had a high school boyfriend break up with me for Jesus. You know...windows and mirrors.

It's a cute if contrived read, with some great sex-positive stuff, explicit consent modeled, and unrealistically mature but enjoyable female friendships.
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• Sick Kids in Love
  • She's the Worst
  • When the Stars Lead to You
  • Hearts, Strings, and Other Breakable Things
  • Unpregnant (Unpregnant, #1)
  • A Match Made in Mehendi