Start by marking “It Ended with the Truth (Truth and Lies Duet, #2)” as Want to Read:
It Ended with the Truth (Truth and Lies Duet, #2)

It Ended with the Truth

(Truth and Lies Duet #2)

Telling the truth cost me everything.

My company. My friends. The girl I love.

I’m forced to start over, and it’s my brother who steps in once again. Working for his record label isn’t how I imagined my life when I owned my own company, and life on the road only makes me long for everything the truth cost me.

Is there a way to reclaim what was lost to the truth?
220 pages
Published October 10th 2018 by Books by LS, LLC

To ask other readers questions about It Ended with the Truth, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about It Ended with the Truth

Kaitie
Oct 12, 2018 rated it did not like it
This is an Author that I will never again read anything from! If this is her idea of a romance, I pity her!

I didn't read the 1st book because I thought this was a standalone. Wrong. Apparently the first book was just a train-wreck as this one because in the first one, you have a cheating hero and a cheating heroine who is married.

In this one, the Hero is apparently trying to get over said heroine but minutes after he kicks her out of his life, he f%#s some random woman he picks up in a bar and t
Rejane
Oct 13, 2018 marked it as no-way-jose
Still as disgusting as 1st one.
I went through my shelves and saw this author i marked as “never to read” list” for a while.
Well, it seems we really don’t agree on the “romance” meaning

Elsa Gomes (BookishAurora)
Rate: +5/ 5 stars

With every book of Lisa's I read, I am more amazed at the power she has to make me change opinion about a character. Brian oh my god Brian... He had me all over the place. I went back to hating him for a sec and then I spent 20% of the book crying because I felt so bad for him and it hurt to see him hurt. He made me feel a lot but what I liked best was getting to see him change and take responsibility for his actions; I loved that we get to be there for every step of the way o
Joy Novel Thoughts
Oct 04, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: kindle-unlimited
I really wanted to love It Ended with the Truth. I liked it, but I can't say that I loved it, but this is partially my own fault, because I had thoughts on how all of this would play out and nothing happened the way I thought I would. I really struggled to fall in love with the actual story versus how I thought it would play out.

Brian had been burned in the past and he really holds on to grudges, and I'm talking *really* really holds on to them, harps on them and can't get over them. The majorit
Johnnie-Marie Howard
Oct 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: r2r
This was so not what I was expecting form this author, she had me completely in a 180 over and over again with this one. I was thrilled to start reading this story to see what happens to Brian the alpha male with a huge ego and jack @$$ then I also couldn't wait to really see what happens now with Vivian. As much as I was glued into book 1, book 2 had me way hooked more. I was in love with the story and how everything changed so much from book 1 it was like I was reading something new, new chara ...more
Vanessa (nessreads)
Oct 06, 2018 rated it really liked it
*I voluntarily read and reviewed an ARC of this book*

4.5 Stars

It Ended with the Truth is book two of the Truth and Lies duet. It is also the conclusion of Brian's story. After how the first book ended I couldn't wait to get my hands on this book. I was waiting on bated breath to see just how this story would unfold. I needed questions answered, and more importantly I needed to know if Brian could redeem himself.

Brian Fox has always lived by his rules and his rules alone. He's let his playboy, co
Connie
Even though it took Brian losing his company, his friends, and his soulmate, he still is so immature. His transformation to be a better man still needs work. His jealousy of Mark, his rock star brother, causes Brian to continue doing stupid things so that Mark has to step in and continue to rescue Brian. I really wish I had read the books about the formation of the band before this series. Maybe then I would have more compassion for Brian's behavior.
Cali Jewel
Oct 12, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This emotional journey pulls at the heart strings from beginning to end, this books starts where the first left off as Brian finally owns up to the truth and losses everything..... or has he.... loved how they banter and struggle yet grow..... Was a highly entertaining cuddled up in bed for the night read.
Meredith Wilson
Oct 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Wow! Just freakin' wow! Lisa Suzanne has, once again, made my day! This book was so good that I savored every minute of it, yet the ending came way too soon. This is the type of story that you don't want to end because you are so in love with the characters that the thought of parting hurts too much.

In this book, Brian has just had his entire world as he knows it, turned upside down. He lost the woman that he loved. His job. His friends. And all because he did the right thing, coming clean about
Jillian Kerr
Sep 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
It Ended With The Truth is the perfect ending to Brian and Vivian' s story! Brian Fox has been completely redeemed in my eyes and I loved his self reflection and transform in this book. Despite all his faults I felt for all he'd been through and lost in such a short period of time. My heart ached for Vivian too and all the drama she was facing alone. I was so nervous reading this book because I had no idea where it was going and a happy ending wasn't insight at first. You could say the couple ha ...more
Reading with 2 book lovers
Sep 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is a great ending to this duet. Brian has to be one of my favorite book boyfriends from now on I wanted more of him.
This author wrote a good story which I couldn't put down
Bethany
Sep 15, 2018 rated it really liked it
"What started as a lie has become the most important truth of my life."

POW
How to sum up Brian's journey in one powerful statement.

This is exactly what I wanted. I got an answer to the cliffhanger in It Started with a Lie. I got all the swoon-worthy moments I needed to make it a total page turner. I got the ending I was looking and hoping for! It is exactly what a conclusion to a duet should be.

Smashlybookalicousreviewingchicks
Lies have short legs, but there may be truth to some of them and if this couldn’t be truer in this duet of It Started with a Lie and It Ended with the Truth. For those of us who know Brian personally from the A Little Like Destiny series, we know he may be liked and hated by others. We see a side to Brian that we didn’t see in that series or even in the first book of the duet. For those of you that met Brian from this duet you will still feel the same way; torn as to if we feel sorry for him or ...more
Up All Night With Books
5 Truthful Stars
Review by Amy W.
Late Night Reviewer
Up All Night w/ Books Blog

It Ended with the Truth is the conclusion to Brian's story and I have to admit I was not sure that Lisa Suzanne could redeem the arrogant man. This is book two of the Truth and Lies duet, but I also suggest you read the A Little Like Destiny series. There is A LOT of backstory there between Brian, Mark and Reese. It will also help you to understand just who Brian is.

Brian Fox. Little brother to the infamous Mark Ashto
Cee Cee Houston
Oct 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Wow!!! What an amazing finish to this duet!
Probably, I was as unsure about how well Brian Fox could redeem himself in the eyes of the readers of 'the A Little Like Destiny' series as everyone else. But, you know what?
He did.
And...
He did it with aplomb!
This man has gone from being a total ass to an adorable and sweet loving man. Yes, he's still got the alpha tendencies but with Vivian as his leading lady it's hardly surprising.
We started off book two where It Started With A Lie finished, and Vivi
Mommy’s Book Escape
Oct 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Lisa Suzanne has done a fabulous job inIt Ended With The Truth is the second book in the Truth and Lies Duet. Brian’s fall from grace and his redemption are captured in such a way I felt like I was right there with him. The highs and lows of his past, present, and future come together to create the perfect conclusion to his story.
Recapping Book 1, It Started With A Lie, Brian Fox Lost everything. His best friends and the company they started together, the woman he loved, and the life he knew.
Karen Swoffer
Oct 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Cassie May
Oct 08, 2018 rated it liked it
Reviewed on behalf of 3 Degrees of Fiction Blog
While I really enjoyed the first part of this duet, the second part fell a bit short for me. It started right where the first one ended, after the truth bomb exploded, so to say. Brian lost everything in the matter of a few days and hit rock bottom. Like, really rock bottom and he wallowed in his misery.
In the beginning I understood that, but being the spoiled child that he was (shown in the first book), he kept on searching the mistakes with others
Jesssiereads
Oct 11, 2018 rated it really liked it
Lisa Suzanne has done it once again. Each book just keeps getting better and better. This time she has managed to completely unfreeze my cold frozen heart against Brian. I went from disliking him to wanting to jump into the story and give him the biggest hug ever.

We continue on in book two from where Vivian dropped the biggest bombshell on Mark. Can you imagine what secret she was withholding this whole time? Certainly was a shocker. This left Mark with terrible heartbreak. Not only this but he
Lucy Ozuna
Sep 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing
My heart was breaking for Brian at the end of book one where the Queen of Cliffhangers, Mrs. Lisa Suzanne left us with our jaws on the floor. I slowly started to pick up pieces of my heart when Brian finally realized what he’s done and wants to make everything right. I felt his pain through the process. I started to root for him even though I couldn’t stand him at the start of this series, but I believe everyone deserves a chance when they hit rock bottom to redeem themselves. Then my heart slow ...more
Vickie
Oct 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing
You need to read It Started With a Lie before this book as this is a continuation of Brian’s story.

Brian Fox...I don’t even know what to say about Brian. He’s the guy I should hate, and there’s been times I have detested him, but I couldn’t help but fall in love with every single part of the man he is. He’s not always been a nice guy. He’s lied, he’s manipulated, he’s cheated. He’s knowingly hurt people and not cared about it but when he loses everything, a different Brian emerges. This is the
Becky Claxon
Sep 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
To get the full impact of this book, I encourage you to start with A Little Like Destiny Series, then read book one of the Truth and Lies Duet. It feels like I have been waiting for this book forever! I first met Brian in A Little Like Destiny Series. I started off liking him, but by the end of the series I couldn’t stand him. I couldn’t believe Ms. Suzanne could write not one, but two books about Brian and I would like the books and Brian. How wrong I was! Brian is the baby of the family and hi ...more
Diane Holtry
🦊 Swoon worthy HEA 🦊

🦊 Brian Fox 🦊 hits rock bottom - and has a HUGE reality check ... on life and on how he handles himself and his personal relationships.

YET despite it all, he still let's his old self, the douche canoe 🛶, out of dry dock; I just knew it was too good to be true ... BUT in doing so, this story took a turn of being more like real life when people don't just change overnight. You can see him wanting to change, then reverting back a little to his old self but then growing and evolv
Lulu Dumonceaux
Oct 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Brian Fox is probably wondering why he ever told the truth to his friends and the girl he falls in love with because in one night he manages to lose his best friends, his girl and his company. Next to Brian's relationship with his brother, Mark, I love the relationship Brian has with his mother. So not knowing what to do next Brian goes back to his childhood home. His mom is warm and supportive and welcomes him with open arms. His dad gives him a heart to heart and exactly 1 day to wallow and th ...more
Colleen  (The Book Lover Blog)
3.5 Stars ⭐⭐⭐💫
Brian and Vivian were a perfect match and they belonged together, there was just one BIG obstacle standing in their way. This big thing was the catalyst that separated them in the beginning, but it wasn't the only issue that needed to be addressed.

During their time apart, Brian made some much needed changes to his life. Seeing Brian grow and mature really made me see him in a new- positive- light!

While I do acknowledge the importance of showing Brian's change, I found the middle w
Oct 02, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2018-arc-reads
This book started right where "It Began with a Lie" left off... so if you haven't read that, then you need to before reading this book.

This second half of this duet really surprised me. It was more about Brian and his personal redemption, then his & Vivian's relationship I felt. And that was OK. Brian had so much personal turmoil and fall-out from his past relationships with women, family and his friends that he really could not move forward in any way without basically getting his sh*t tog
Brianna Maddox
**4.5 stars**

Like I said in the first book, I was very nervous about reading Brian's story. I know it wasn't Lisa's intention to make Brian out to be the villian in Mark and Reese's story, but he became that way... So I was definitely hesitant about reading his. I definitely fell for him when I read the first book. Then conflicted around the middle of the 2nd book. Then by the end, I was 150% Team Mark...

The most unique thing I need to point out about this duet - it is ALL in Brian's POV. We do
Nikki Costello ***Crazy Cajun Book Addicts Blog***
It Ended with the Truth is book 2 in the Truth and Lies Duet by Lisa Suzanne and with the ending of book one I couldn't wait to get my hands on the final part of Brian and Viv's story.
Once I started reading I was once again hooked, it was one of those stories where you don't really want it to end but on the other hand you can't wait to turn the page to see if Brian will finally get his girl.

In the space of just a few hours Brian Fox has lost everything, his business, two best friends and most of
Kara (Rotella Reads)
Oct 03, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: arcs
3.5/5 stars

It Started with a Lie was a 5 star read for me, so I was extremely excited for the second half of the duet with It Ended with the Truth. Unfortunately, this didn't leave me gasping and anxious for more like the first book did.

The first half of the read went on forever with it's entire focus on Brian and how he was getting by
without Vivian. The amount of detail regarding his day to day job requirements was extremely boring and I found myself skipping sentences just to get to something
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
  • Jordan's Shadow
  • Day (Hero Society, #2)
  • Finding Serenity (Unexpected Love #2)
  • Darkest Night (Wired & Dangerous, #2)
  • Night Fox (Hey Sunshine, #2)
  • The Hawks: A Novel
  • Lost in Dreams (Destined for Dreams, #1)
  • The War Inside (The Horizons Trilogy, #1)
  • Reno
  • Just Like a Musical
  • A Shattered Heart (Fractured Lives, #2)
  • Changing the Rules (Champion Valley, #3)
  • Second Chance (Chances, #2)
  • Pretty Dancer
  • Bulletproof (Songbird, #2)
  • My Soul Immortal (Fated Eternals, #1)
  • Sacred Hart
  • Break Line (Off Ocean Ave, #1)
Lisa Suzanne is a romance author who resides in Arizona with her husband and baby boy. She’s a former high school English teacher and college composition instructor. When she's not cuddling baby Mason, she can be found working on her latest book or watching reruns of Friends.

Truth and Lies Duet (2 books)
  • It Started with a Lie (Truth and Lies Duet, #1)