Start by marking “August Prather is Not Dead Yet” as Want to Read:
August Prather is Not Dead Yet

August Prather is Not Dead Yet

Katherine Garnet is a writer who has never cared much about much, making it awfully difficult to create new content. Despite the fact she has the “edge” of being trans (according to her cis male editor) she is not looking to capitalize on her own personal story. Garnet tries to sneak a peek at her rival, August Prather’s, latest fantasy manuscript about a quest for the ...more
Kindle Edition
Published August 7th 2018 by Parliament House Publishing

To ask other readers questions about August Prather is Not Dead Yet, please sign up.
Danielle Roux Yes! I am currently writing a neo-noir fantasy series that features warring political factions in post-apocalyptic DC. Clairvoyants, mediums,…moreYes! I am currently writing a neo-noir fantasy series that features warring political factions in post-apocalyptic DC. Clairvoyants, mediums, assassins, and lots of ghosts. (less)
Danielle Roux I really enjoyed writing the dialogue in the car as August is driving. The witty back-and-forth between August and Lyosha is amazing. I also enjoyed…moreI really enjoyed writing the dialogue in the car as August is driving. The witty back-and-forth between August and Lyosha is amazing. I also enjoyed writing the journal entries, they were cathartic to write. (less)

Start your review of August Prather is Not Dead Yet
Candace Robinson
Jan 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Oh, yes, my favorite type of books are those that are character driven, where I still think about those characters afterward, just as I did here. I loved Roux’s writing and the diversity within the book. Plus, can you say, road trip!

Seriously, this one was incredibly unique with wonderful dialogue and a beautiful cover to match! Can’t wait to see what the author has up her sleeve next!!
yannes✨(infinitebookish)
(Trigger warning and mature content warning to readers who want to read the book)

3.5/5

An e-copy of the book was sent by the publisher Parliament House in exchange for an honest review.

First off, trust me when I say I’ve conflicted for so long whether I should give a 4 or 3 star. Personally, this book does mean something to me and I do like it really much. But there are also certain things I’m kind of disappointed, luckily not too disappointed. Overall, this book is a good surprise.

Let’s just
J.V. Speyer
Jun 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Short version: Buy this book.

Long version: When I saw the blurb, I knew I was in for something special. That’s why I signed up to review this gem in the first place. My expectations were high, and Roux exceeded them by leaps and bounds.

When you read August Prather Is Not Dead Yet, you’re actually getting two stories. It’s a little more complicated than that, but I wasn’t expecting the duality there and it threw me for a loop at first. The thing is, both stories are equally fascinating. I found
Marlena Frank
Sep 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Garnet is a trans woman who is a diehard fan of August Prather’s books – so much so that she breaks into her car to read her unfinished manuscript of her next book before it’s even been published. Being the quirky and unpredictable person that she is, August isn’t even mad when she finds out either. Before Garnet knows it, she’s dragged into a road trip and an adventure that helps her put her life and goals into perspective.

First of all, this book is experimental. You can tell from the structure
Phoebe
Sep 17, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: gay
I'm so unsure what rating to give this.
There were loads of things I didn't like and some I did, but it wasn't an awful book so I honestly don't know
Muggle Jen
Jun 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 5-stars
From the moment I read the synopsis, I was extremely excited for this story. And It did not disappoint!

This is a special book. So much diversity in sexuality is represented in this book. I enjoyed this so much. From each character's personality to the crazy road trip and dual stories. We switch from one story to the other.. which I absolutely loved. I feel like I can't say much about this specifically without actually spoiling anything. Just.Read.This.Book.

An interesting ride, or maybe
Pas
Sep 16, 2018 rated it really liked it
This was such a fun read!
The characters are so relatable, the story is brilliant. I had no other choice than to like this book, it has great LGBT characters, a crazy road trip and a beautiful historical background with some fantasy, what do you want more?
I don't want to say much more about the story because it would be to easy to say too much. Which bring me to the only thing that "bothers" me. I guess the end too soon but it is a great one so it doesn't really matters.
I'm really looking forward
Danielle Roux
Jan 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Can an author review their own books? Apparently they can! I loved writing this one, it really gave me a chance to work through some intense things back in the day and grow my voice. All the characters are my precious babies, but I am partial to Lyosha (shhh... don't tell the others). It's a bit different and weird and does not quite fit... is it romance, fantasy, or just a strange journey into madness? Who knows?
R.J. Garcia
Sep 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing
As soon as I found out this was a book about a group of LGBT kids on a road trip I knew I had to check it out. I thought this was a strong debut novel. It was a character-driven story with crazy twists and turns. It offered interesting inner monologues from Garnet and cool banter among the colorful cast of characters. A unique and fun read.
Amber R. Duell
Mar 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Looking for a fun road trip book? Look no further! I was in a bit of a reading slump before I started this, and it really helped pull me out of it. Character driven novels are my jam so how could I not love one with such great characters and banter?
T.H. Hernandez
My Review
I’m not sure exactly what to make of AUGST PRATHER IS NOT DEAD YET. There’s a quote by one of the protagonists that says a good book is one that leaves the reader to figure out what it’s about, and I kind of feel like the author was letting us know that it’s up to us to decide what her novel is about. To say I was confused for much of the book would be an understatement, but at no point did I want to put it down. I needed to know what the heck was going on. And because the characters
Evie Drae
Jul 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Weehoo!! This week’s read was a weird and wonderfully wild ride. It was everything and nothing like I expected, all at once. August Prather is Not Dead Yet, by Danielle K. Roux, is a positively divine and entertaining read. It takes you on a journey with unexpected twists and a whole heck-of-a-lot of heart. But the even cooler part? It’s kind of like you’re getting two stories for the price of one. And neither of them failed to delight.

This is one of those reads where I’m not quite sure how to
Shari Sakurai
Jun 07, 2019 rated it really liked it
*I received this book for free in exchange for an honest review*

When author Kate Garnet unintentionally joins fellow author and rival August Prather and her friends on a mysterious road-trip she finds herself on a wonderfully, crazy journey of a lifetime.

What I enjoyed most about this novel was the diversity and richness of the characters. All of them had traits to like, dislike and that made them really leap out of the pages and feel alive. You could really connect with them and their
Lynda Dickson
Jun 23, 2019 added it
Recommends it for: Ages 18+
Shelves: dnf
DNF
Sorry, this one just wasn’t for me.
Warnings: coarse language, rape, LGBTQ themes, sex scenes.
Michaela Kakowki
Dec 22, 2017
SB
Dec 22, 2017
Danielle Roux
Jan 18, 2018 added it  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
Vicky
Jan 26, 2019
Sara Codair
Jan 26, 2019

• Lineage
  • Marrow Charm (The Gate Cycle, #1)
  • Nine While Nine
  • Stolen (The Stolen Series, #1)
  • Wandering in Wonderland (Book #1)
  • The Sin Soldiers (Fragments #1)
  • Clouded By Envy (Laith, #1)
  • To Dream Is To Die (The Dead Dreamer, #1)
  • Hook & Crown
  • The Halves of Us (The Halves of Us, #1)
  • Don't Date Rosa Santos
  • Fractalistic
  • Blinding Night (Blinding Night #1)
  • Collateral Damage
  • The Darkness Within (Soul Seekers #1)
  • A Wild and Unremarkable Thing
  • Cursed: The Hunter Inside (Cursed, #1)
  • Dream Keeper (The Dark Dreamer Trilogy, #1)
Danielle has been writing fiction since she was nine, after getting tired of reading from the perspective of white, straight male characters in fantasy novels. Her first written story involved a group of middle school girls who find necklaces used by a dead witch that give them supernatural powers. It was written in notebooks in purple and green gel pens that are currently housed in a box in her ...more