Start by marking “The Healer (The Messes, #2)” as Want to Read:
The Healer (The Messes, #2)

The Healer (The Messes, #2)

4.92  ·  Rating details ·  51 Ratings  ·  47 Reviews
His job is to heal the broken...she may be what breaks him.

Jesse

Jesse Mathis’ life was in shambles.

He lost the woman he loved just months before their wedding, his career as a surgeon was at an all time low, and his forbidden feelings for his best friend were growing more confusing by the day.

Taking a step back from his once perfect life, Jesse makes a mistake that thre
Kindle Edition
Published October 5th 2018

To ask other readers questions about The Healer, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Healer

Mandie
Sep 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This book was great. Jesse and Quinn’s story is one that will take your heart out and stomp on it, and put it back together again! Absolutely beautiful! I would give it 10 ⭐’s if I could! ...more
Danielle Harris
Sep 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Once again this Author blew my mind with all the suspense, and twists. This is my go to author when I want a good suspense thriller.

I can't go into detail, just know this series is not going to disappoint, and this can be read as a standalone. I do highly recommend reading the Cleaner as well.
Philomena Callan Cheekypee
Oct 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: loved-it
Although this can be read as a standalone I highly recommend you read book one as it’s just so good. This is another fab read by the author.

I was gripped from start to finish with this story. The twists and turns kept on coming. Fabulous storyline with great characters. I can’t wait to read more from this author. This was so so good.
Brittany Hively
Oct 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Kiersten Modglin's new book, The Healer is the second in the interconnected, standalone series, The Messes.

We saw a glimpse of Jesse in The Cleaner (Book 1). He was an obvious good guy, but that's all we knew. He was a character that you generally hear about once and that's it.

But Modglin gave him more. She brought his story to life and gah, am I glad that she did!

Jesse and Quinn are those friends that you just fall in love with and then yell at them for not being together because they're so d
Sep 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing
The story of Jesse and Quinn was a truly remarkable novel. Their story engulfed me and had me reading it straight through in one sitting. True to form, just as the reader thinks they know the direction that the this author is taking the book, she manages to twist it around and throw the reader off kilter. Very well written characters, the dual point of views and impressive plotline made for a really enjoyable read.
Gemma Cameron
Sep 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Ahh this book twisted with my head! Just when I thought I knew where it was heading a new twist arrived to surprise me. Jesse is a strong and mature young man who as a reader I just wanted to have a happy ending. With many obstacles being put in the way it's impossible to predict if he will or not.

This book has it all! Good plot, great characters, romance and thrills. It's believable in a corrupt world and quite shocking really.

I was so absorbed in this story that I read it super quick and now
Kendall {Book Crazy}
Sep 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc
I read an ARC of the first book in this series and that book was supposed to be a standalone book, so I was really happy when the author announced that there were going to be more books! I then signed up to receive an ARC of this book and started it as soon as I could! After reading, I can say that I enjoyed this book a lot! It drew me in right from the first chapter and only took me a few sittings to read because I didn't want to put it down! The plot also developed at the perfect pace and I re ...more
Shelly Reynolds
Sep 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing
"I can't ask you to help me. This isn't your mess."
"You're my mess, Jess. You always have been."

Oh. My. Goodness! Who doesn't like a friends to secret crush to lovers story? If you don't, you will after reading this one! What a great read!!

Jesse Mathis is having a bad day. His ex-girlfriend is marrying someone else this weekend and it's ripping him apart. Then, he loses a patient on the operating table after an unexpected complication. A few drinks , a one-nighter with a stranger, and his best
Mandy Barnes
Sep 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing

Kiersten Modglin has done it again with the second book in the messes series The Healer. I thought the First book The Cleaner was a knock out of the park but she has hit a home run with this one. I have laughed, Cried and said more than once “I was not expecting that twist”. I am in shock and awe of this book, I didn’t want to put it down and I am ready for more in the Messes series.

The Healer continues the story of Jesse Mathis a surgeon, who is battling many different things all at once, the l
Dora
Oct 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I voluntarily reviewed an Advance Reader Copy of this book.

This suspenseful and captivating romantic story was entertaining, but got right to the heart of the characters and involved drama, intrigue, suspense, kidnapping, and passion that continue to keep you glued to the pages of this fascinating story. With a compelling storyline, secrets and lies, this book was well written by Kiersten Modglin. Kiersten presents one of the most unseemly potential love stories, and slowly takes you through so
Melissa J (Book Addicts Reviews)
4.5 stars!! This book was a great!!

This is book two in “The Messes” series. It can definitely be read as a stand alone. But I really loved book one so please read them both!!

This is Jesse and Quinn’s story. These two are like the definition of sexual tension!! I love them both and I think their story was beautiful.

This book is full of surprises and twists. I was not ready for all of that. It was awesome. But the love story was so dynamic and I was so glad Jesse got his happy ending.

The author
CoffeeMom Hodges
Sep 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Kiersten Modglin writes suspense books with a tad of romance and a lot of magic voodoo that hooks you into reading more! Also, she has a way to hold the reader until the last page is turned, that ability in an author is amazing! Go ahead and forget about trying to figuring out the “who did it” part. Just when you think you’ve figured it out, she pulls the rug right out from under you over and over. Now The Healer is book 2 in the Messes Series, this book can be read as a stand-alone. The Healer ...more
Diana Lindoff
Sep 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is my first book by this author and it wasn't what I expected, but I was hooked from the beginning. A well written love story with many emotional twists and one big secret from the past that could change Jesse's life forever.

Your fiance leaves you to marry someone else, your father is still tryingj to manipulate your life, you're having a baby. Through all this your lifetime friend is right there to give you the support you need.

This isn't enough, you're sure your father is keeping somethi
Barbara Hynes
Oct 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I was lucky enough to receive an ARC of this book. Thank you Kiersten. Oh my where to start. A page turner from the beginning to end. Best friends Jesse and Quinn, who have been by each others side since they were little. They are each others rocks. Jesse makes a choice in his life and it makes you wonder if his and Quinn's friendship will change. Their is a twist in the story which left me stunned and surprised. I totally loved Jesse and Quinn's story from the start and the ending will have you ...more
J. Lynn
Oct 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Ok. Where to begin.
If you've read The Cleaner, then it's time to move onto The Healer. You don't necessarily have to read The Cleaner, but some crossover characters will make more sense.

I had no idea who I was reading about until I was about 20% into it and the DUH light turned on. Haha.

Jesse is a well-known doctor who is struggling to get over his ex Reagan. Quinn is his best friend and nurse who is there for him every step of the way.

Twist and turns in the book kept me on my toes. Just whe
Em Graves
Oct 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Kiersten is fast becoming one of my favourite authors and books like this one are the reason why...

Following Jesse and Quinn - best friends, colleagues, confidantes and general all round cheerer-uppers since they were kids...things are changing between them, their feelings are growing!!!

Throw in some indecision, fear, an unexpected pregnancy and one hell of an evil twist which NO ONE could have predicted and you have the everything you could want in an amazing read!

From the anticipation of wil
Joy Westerfield
Sep 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing
What an incredible story! This book held me captive from beginning to end! After reading The Cleaner, I couldn’t wait for this next book in the series. The story of Jesse and Quinn blew me away. They’ve known each other their whole lives and are best friends. Until one day something changes between them. Do they act upon their feelings? Will their friendship be ruined? When something happens in Jesse’s life that can change everything they have ever known, can they survive? Well, you will have to ...more
Michelle Dunklee
Sep 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Oh my sweet baby jesus!! My feels realized they have feels, both sets just bawled their eyes out at all the beauty and anguish in this story. I should I mean I really should know by now this author is going to completely screw my mind and go where I least expect her to and she didn't disappoint there at all, my heads still spinning kind like one of them spinning top toys that were popular when I was little. A must read and I mean seriously YOU GOT TO HAVE THIS BOOK!. Its gonna grab you hard with ...more
Gwen Shafer
Sep 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Wow..This book was full of twists and turns. Never seen the twist coming that completely changes this story line. It was done in such a way that you are definitely thrown for a huge loop. I was freaking shocked . Loved the twist. This book was absolutely amazing and gripping from beginning to end. Love Quinn . I love her character and how strong she is through everything. I love her relationship with Jesse. I can't say enough about this one. An amazing well written shocking gripping story line w ...more
Nicole Holt
Oct 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Oh my. What can one say about this book. Jesse and Quinn's relationship will melt your heart. Their chemistry was absolutely beautiful. Everything they go through just to have their happily ever after made my head spin. There was a lot of shock factors that happened in this story I probably looked like I was trying to catch flies with how often my jaw dropped. Kiersten Modglin you my dear are absolutely fan-freaking-tastic! Great job! And keep up with the good work! I absolutely rootin tootingly ...more
Janise ~Janise's Jivin' Book Blog~
The healer was such a good read, I so loved Quinn, she was so full of spunk and was truly an awesome friend to Jesse. Seeing these two together pulled at my hear strings. I highly recommend this book and series.
Kiersten Modglin is such an awesome author. I have truly enjoyed each of her books and stories. She knows how to pull her readers in the books and make them feel like they are living the story with the characters.
Holly Orrick
Oct 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
What can i say about this book.. Kiersten always knocks it out of the park with her writing skills. I can never get enough of her twists and turns!

This story is about Jesse (who we met in The Cleaner) and Quinn. Their story has been one of my favorites so far! Just when i thought i had it all figured out, BAM!

I couldn't put it down until i had finished! You'll devour this book in one sitting. Guaranteed!!! I seriously cannot wait for the next one!!!
Diane Norwood
Sep 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing
What can I say, except it was worth the wait to be able to read another book by Kiersten. This one did not disappoint me. This story about Jesse and Quinn was phenomenal. The twists in the book was out of this world. I was yet again trying to figure out how the book was going to end, which made the story suck me right in. Another amazing crazy good written book!
Amanda M
Oct 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
What an amazing story about Quinn and Jesse. I loved these two characters and the dynamic they shared. This story had me hooked from the first page to the very end of the story. The plot was very well written and there's twists that you don't even see coming. This is a definite must read that I'd recommend to anyone to read.
Kelly cowee
Oct 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book. My emotions were all over the place. The characters are great together. At one point I was yelling at the book. Don't think for a minute that if you have secrets you can't be with anyone. Yes you can. While this book can be a good standalone book, I recommend you also read the Cleaner.
I highly recommend this book.
Bridget Hickey
Sep 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Wow what a read this definitely is one of the best books I have read this year.By the end of this book I was speechless and left with a book hangover . You definitely get all the feels,suspense and lots of surprises.This is the 2nd book in the series and although I didn't read the first I would say it's a stand alone .I will definitely be reading more of this authors work.
Bethany
Oct 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Wow, what can i say about this one. This book has it all! Good plot, great characters, romance and thrills. This is Quinn and Jesse story and what a story it is. I absolutely loved these two and was so hoping for the best possible outcome for both.

I was gripped from start to finish with this story. The twists and turns kept on coming. Fabulous storyline with great characters. I would definatly recommend this author.
Denise Scott
Oct 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Wow ! This is as like that Christmas present that you open and there is another gift wrapped up inside the first one . The story just kept getting more involved and better as you went !!
Quinn and Jess we’re friends forever as little kids hanging around and taking vacations together . Being each other’s best friends and supporting each other . Both working in the same hospital and coming from a small home town . A must read romance !!
Sara
Oct 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Here we have Jesse and Quinn's story and what a story it is. This is book two in the Messes series and can be read as a stand-alone but I highly suggest reading both of them, they're that amazing.

A story full of surprises and twists with a love story worth reading. A well written story with characters you'll love. It's hard to put down and you're wanting, no, needing more.

Trust me when I say this, you think you have it all figured out, but you don't. So worth the read!!!
Lyssa Dawn
Oct 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Wow... What an edge of your seat page turner! Kiersten Modglin has written another must read suspense/ mystery/ thriller! This book is absolutely amazing and gripping from beginning to end, so full of shocking twists and turns.
Kiersten Modglin is a suspense author who enjoys dabbling in all the subgenres. A Netflix addict, Shonda Rhimes superfan, psychology fanatic, and indoor enthusiast, Kiersten enjoys raining days spent with her nose in a book. More than anything, she loves reading & creating life-changing stories.