Start by marking “She Just Wants to Forget” as Want to Read:
She Just Wants to Forget

She Just Wants to Forget

(What She Felt #2)

A beautiful dedication to powerful women who are tired of wasting their thoughts on people who were never worth thinking about. She Just Wants to Forget is the second title in the "What She Felt" series.

She Just Wants to Forget is the follow up to the New York Times bestselling poetry collection She Felt Like Feeling Nothing by r.h. Sin.
Published April 2nd 2019 by Andrews McMeel Publishing

Start your review of She Just Wants to Forget
Kayla
Jun 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A lot of people say that Sin makes all women out to be victims and that all women are saints and all men are bad. THIS IS NOT WHAT HIS MESSAGE IS. This is literally a guy who has been with a woman who has been hurt endlessly. He states it's about his wife, what he wished he could have told her, and to all the women who are in similar positions. And for being a man, it's impressive to not only see one accept women's power (which majority struggle with), but also embrace the power and showcase it ...more
Tina Pham
May 01, 2019 rated it did not like it
Extraordinarily laughable and full of philistinism. A SCAM.
Mari Bianco
May 18, 2019 rated it it was ok
Usually I LOVE r.h. Sin, but this one was too preachy, too long, and too repetitive. It’s not even worth the words to write more in this review. Read any other r.h. Sin book instead.
Jacob Kolody
May 25, 2019 rated it did not like it
Let me preface my quick review by saying I DNF’d “She Just Wants To Forget” fairly early in. But I had to. This truly was like reading the poetic equivalent (if you can call it that) to an inspirational quotes blog on Tumblr. If a sepia-toned photo of a girl crying with the words “real eyes realize real lies” overlaid on it was a poetry collection, this would be it.
Emily
Jul 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: poetry
Everything this author writes is incredibly personal in way that I feel was only meant for me as a reader. The poems put words to the pain which hits women so hard. He talks you through the heartache, the disappointment, and the renewal of faith in yourself. This is another masterpiece I will not part with, it knows me far too well.
Barbieeee♥
Jun 10, 2019 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
I just want to forget that this book ever existed.
Miranda
Apr 17, 2019 rated it did not like it
Actually disappointed. Love the work of R.H. Sin, but maybe this one was not for me. A lot to do with how men can break women and how women should surpass this heartache and disappointment because they are better than their hardships. Though this is all true, I've heard it all before. From myself and others. So this was not for me. I like his "resilient woman" work without adding the man to the equation, whether he is used for bad image or good image. Just not a fan in general of this book.
Ameche (AmecheReads)
1.25
no. no. this was not for me
Maria Garcia
Jan 11, 2019 rated it did not like it
I am not a poetry hater. I love the work of amazing poets/writers; people full of talent, inspiration, major purposes and so on. Among those I mention, I could easily include Nayyirah Waheed and her work Salt, or Alberto Ramos and his amazing work eighteen. I could even include the charismatic Rupi Kaur and both of her works, Milk and Honey and The Sun and Her Flowers which, although they may be at times too simplistic, have a worth considering message underneath and a beautiful design. This author, nevertheless, leaves me speechless i ...more
Amanda
Spring 2019;

I did a solid bowl through a ton of R.H. Sin about a month ago, so I'm rating all three of these together. I love the private but invited, feel of Sin's confessional poetry, and I love how his voice adds to the confessional poetry wave that is dominated by women, most especially Lang, Loveless, Kaur, and so on.

He brings a different kind of bent to it, from the outside, and it helps me a) the viewpoint of a male looking in on these situations and b) that of a significant other helpi
Gabi
i haven’t written a review in a while so let’s see where this goes

this book was really meant for someone who put too much in a relationship with a toxic person.

i didn’t know that when i picked it up, and a good deal of the poems in here had nothing to do with me- but the other majority of the poems had to do with women being brave and loving themselves, getting to the point of loving themself. and that was something i really really loved about this, and many of those poems i feel li
Krista Kruger
May 18, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: my-home-library
I enjoyed this book. Probably more than I should, because the content was relatable and emotionally charged.

This is a love story written from a man’s perspective. It is composed of short verses and poems and short essays. They are all from a male voice, however it is confusing at times because he expresses the female voice through his as well.

There is great points about self-love and female empowerment and not settling for less than you deserve. It is redundant in places
Viola
Sep 02, 2019 rated it liked it
It wasn't quite what I was looking for when I picked it up, but it still resonates all the same. I will occasionally pick up a poetry book (even though they're some of my least favorite to read) to give myself a change of pace and this one was a good break from my normal stuff. I expected it to be long poems (Sin's books usually are), but there really was a lot of big blocks of texts - which surprised me.

It was a good reminder to make sure to care for yourself above all else. And I appreciated
Indy
Aug 09, 2019 rated it liked it
A sequel of "she felt like feeling nothing", but there are more short passages in this book other than poems. Yet, it feels like the writer is repeating himself and runs out of things to write. Some of the poems even give me a feeling that "Oh, did I read this one in the other book?". I guess you can just read either one, reading both was a bit disappointing.
Dionne Richardson
Oct 25, 2019 rated it really liked it
While poetry is not my forte (I only read this to tick off a notch in my Read Harder Challenge), there's nothing quite like picking up a work and feeling like the author is speaking to your experiences. Digesting Sin's words was both validating and therapeutic for a minority girl trying to connect with literature that more often than not does not reflect her struggles, especially in poetry.
Ayesha Madan
May 15, 2019 rated it liked it
I just soaked this up. Good words if youre in the right headspace, but I could have done without all the hate on families! Everyone is raised differently and this book made a blatant assumption otherwise.
Ben
Apr 29, 2019 rated it really liked it
More of the same. The theme was broaden to talk to the reader more directly, which I liked. Generally, I felt I could connect to more of the poems in this collection/work, as opposed to some of her other work. Would recommend this one above the other's I've read. Cheers.
Rachel-Morgan Lanouette
Apr 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
You are, you are III is a perfect tie- together. What a beautiful gift he gives her. You can feel his love in every word.
Exequelle Cuvos
Jun 28, 2019 rated it it was ok
Why does all of his writing assume women are so broken and jaded? Each poem is repetitive from his previous collections and nothing is added in this book.
Scott Weatherby
Jul 20, 2019 rated it did not like it
Another volume of armchair psychology has hit the shelves.

I just want to forget that this was published.
Leonard
Aug 18, 2019 rated it it was ok
There are some interesting lines in here, the third book of R. H. Sin that I've read, but also some writings that seem unedited and unfocused.
Jeanette Porcaro
Jun 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Eris
Aug 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Wonderful, checked this out from my library. I am going to purchase a copy for myself to take with me and highlight. Every woman needs to read this.
Yunika Lucianna Manihuruk
Nov 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The perfect book for a broken heart that needs to be reminded it can be put back together without anyone else. Lives on my bedside permanently.
Sam
May 31, 2019 rated it liked it
Safa Bader
Aug 11, 2019 rated it really liked it
It worths the time. It’s your best book so far.
Taylor Ann Tucker
Jun 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
He's one of my favorite poets
Christopher Lei
Aug 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
These poems might have the power to heal anyone who is devastated by a bad break up. I am usually attracted to art that reflects unconditional love and forgiveness, but I did enjoy these short poems.
Jessica
Aug 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: poetry
Wow, this was beautiful and relatable.
Kennedy Schell
Aug 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing

• 2am Thoughts
  • To Drink Coffee with a Ghost (Things that Haunt, #2)
  • The Truth About Magic
  • Nocturnal
  • Every Word You Cannot Say
  • Pillow Thoughts III: Mending the Mind
  • The Mermaid's Voice Returns in This One (Women Are Some Kind of Magic, #3)
  • Apologies that Never Came