Start by marking “Wagon Train Matchmaker (Love on the Santa Fe Trail #3)” as Want to Read:
Wagon Train Matchmaker (Love on the Santa Fe Trail #3)

Wagon Train Matchmaker

(Love on the Santa Fe Trail #3)

From an award-winning author with more than one million books sold, a new series of four heartwarming historical romances about life on the Santa Fe trail. Note: each book can be read as a stand-alone.

Mary Mae Clark has learned the hard way not to trust what a man says. Broken promises have made her wary and now she only wants to return to Santa Fe to help her friend So
Published October 1st 2018 by Crocus Mountain Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Wagon Train Matchmaker, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Wagon Train Matchmaker

Start your review of Wagon Train Matchmaker (Love on the Santa Fe Trail #3)
💋Meme Chanell Book Corner💋

One of the youngest matchmakers ever and she never gives up.
All Polly wants for Christmas is a family a real one a mom and dad
After she lost her Uncle Sam after an accident on the trail. Sam appointed
His best friend Warren to be guardian. Warren would do anything for his friend.

Warren lost his family and now the Wagon Train is his life. He does not want to marry again. He seems to thing he failed his deceased wife and young son. Warren thinks about this day and night, he still has not forgiven
Bookwoman67
Oct 24, 2019 rated it did not like it
Recommends it for: no one
I know lots of people loved this and I too have read other books by Linda Ford that I enjoyed. In addition, I hate to badmouth well-intentioned books, especially ones by Goodreads authors, but this one I only finished because I was listening to it on audio while I was working on cleaning out the basement and walking the dog.

First of all, for the love of Pete, TALK TO EACH OTHER. The majority of the book reads like a repetitive chronicle of a couple of middle schoolers' thoughts on whether they
Marzlie Freeman
Nov 10, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Communication can be very important

Warren and MaryMae are both not going to ever marry. Polly a young girl is traveling with her Uncle Sam on this wagon train journey to Fort Bent to wait out winter. This story is full of adventure and some times terrible adventure. During one of the crossings one of the Traders wagon tipped and buried Sam.They finally get to Sam who is dying from internal injuries. Sam is Warren's best friend, Sam asks Warren to promise to care for Polly. This is a very importa
Terri Barrett
Jul 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
LOVE these books!

This is Book 3 and each book has been one of those books you don’t want to put down. A throw back to the past when times were rough and both men and women were tough. The AMAZING Author, Linda Ford writes in a way that makes you live each minute along with each character. She brings such life to her stories that you think you are riding right beside them on their wagons. Thank you Linda Ford for your wonderful books that you allow us to go along with these people on their life’s
Theresa
Jun 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I love this series

How can two stubborn people possibly give a little girl what she so dearly wants? She's tried everything she can think of to get them together. What more can she do to make her dreams come true? She's definitely not one to give up. Polly's shenanigans will keep you reading just to see what happens next. I feel like I know each of these characters personally and can't wait to start the next book.
Karen
Nov 26, 2019 rated it liked it
The saga of the wagon train continues. Mary Mae takes over caring for Polly when Sam (her uncle) dies when a wagon lands on him trying to cross a river. But there is a catch - Warren promised his best friend that he would care for Polly. Polly tries to play matchmaker to get Mary Mae to marry Warren, but Mary Mae doesn't think she needs a man in her life. Love blossoms along the route to Fort Bent though and they become a family. ...more
Jo M. Knight
Jun 15, 2020 rated it really liked it
Wagon Train matchmaker and

Good book at the end, kinda lost my interest in the middle. I seem to get aggravated when they look into each other's eyes with intent love but she thinks he don't love her it was indigestion,(or something) and he thought she forgot to take the biscuits out of the oven. I like it when it does not drag the love scene on and on. Let them first n d their love, then give me a story in there too. J O
Donna Tarver
Aug 31, 2020 rated it liked it
Going to go with 3.5 stars. Polly’s crazed matchmaking was just too much. She put people in danger and was really an annoying pain. The death that happened early in the book so the author could make these characters an insta family really aggravated me. The story could have been good and fulfilling without it. Have been enjoying this series so far, and I was happy with the love story outcome, I just didn’t like the way we got there.
Earlene Click
Mar 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Warren and Mary Mae

Warren and Mary Mae both vowed to never to never marry due to past hurts and betrayals. Death takes Sam and leaves young Polly alone. Sam's dying words begged Warren to take Polly and provide and look after her. He and Mary Mae agree to do that but refuse to marry. Will Lilly ever have her forever home and the love of two parents?
Phyllis Wright
Apr 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The journey continues

Am loving this series. Just when all the single women found spouses another comes along to continue the series. I just bought the last book in the series to read today and I think I'm gonna like Sophie/Greta as much as the other characters. Can't wait to see where everybody ends up in this final book.
Terri Bapst
Jan 11, 2020 rated it liked it
This could have been a good book.

The story was okay but the lack of editing really detracted. There were words in the wrong place in the sentence, the wrong tense of the word in places and the wrong word in places. The lack of editing distracted from the story and made it frustrating to read.
Tracy Sylvester
Dec 03, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Wonderful standalone clean western romance with wonderful characters. Mary Mae Clark accompanies her sister on their trip to Sante Fe on the trail. Warren Russell travels the trail often as a trader. Neither wants to marry. Warren is wrestling with things from his past and Mary Mae has some revelations about the men in her life. Absolutely loved Warren and Mary's story. ...more
Dawn Baffa
Oct 02, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: linda-ford
Absolutely loving this series

I am enjoying the series so far and plan on finishing it. This particular story, to me, is about a spoiled little girl wanting to get her way. While I can understand her reasons, I found her actions questionable.
Regina Buccelli
Oct 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Trust is Love

Wonderfully written! The characters are true to life, even sharing with us their thoughts, fears and dreams. The story is full of changes, fears, but mostly trusting in God to bring them safely to their destination. A very capturing book!
Michele  Manwarren
Apr 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Wagon Train Matchmaker

A wonderful Christian story of learning to have faith and trust in God. A good love story set in the era of the pioneers crossing the plains and the risks and trials they faced in their journey West.
Kathy
May 11, 2019 rated it really liked it
Westward ho

It has been enjoyable reading the books in this series. Where one ends the next one begins. I'm reminded of all the sacrifices made by those who traveled West to create new lives for themselves sometimes at great personal sacrifice and cost.
Connie Willenburg
Nov 26, 2019 rated it really liked it
Good story

I love this series and am looking forward to the next book. However, the number of typos is increasing. Also, the use of the phrase "rocked her head back and forth" is beginning to grate on my nerves.
Mary K. Stroup
Jan 28, 2020 rated it it was amazing
The Best

This book was to my mind the best of the three first books. I enjoyed the characters and their stories. I felt as I was there and knew them all, sharing adventures. I love stories about wagon trains.
Donna Bagby
Apr 22, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: kindle-un, christian, 2020
Ten year old Polly has a Christmas wish of a real home with a real mama and papa. When her uncle is accidentally killed and Warren is made guardian, Polly goes on a matchmaking campaign (trying to get Warren and Mary Mae to be interested in each other.
Joan Countryman
Oct 13, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Wagon Train Matchmaker: Christian historical romance

I'm really enjoying this series of Wagon Train By Linda Ford.I love the way God shows His love and all the Glory Is The Lord's . I recommend 14 and up.
A.E. JOHN
Nov 29, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Always enjoy her books love reading about how they crossed in wagons as a great aunt went out on Mormon trail

Always enjoy her books love reading about how they crossed in wagons a great aunt did from Wales in 1851
Bruce Dinsman
Dec 01, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Linda Ford does a great job researching and fleshing out historical details including snowstorms, lightning strikes, wolf attacks, social norms forcing marriages to save a woman's reputation. But through it all, faith in God carries them through ...more
carol ann miller
Mar 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Wonderful

The third book in this series is as good as the others I am now starting book four. You need to read this series on family, problems, children and love.!!
gary c lehn
Mar 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Great series................

The author has been very good at keeping the characters in this series of stories, love on the Santa Fe trail, in the adventures and romance.
Jo Ann
Apr 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Can’t wait for the next book

I have fallen in love with all of the books. Love reading about all the people and there journey. And how they trusted in God.
Melinda Ross
May 13, 2019 rated it liked it
I really enjoyed the first two books in the series, but this felt like a repeat in many ways as she tried to get everyone married off.
LaGail Lenoir
Aug 30, 2019 rated it really liked it
Got the audiobook version. Listened to it while working.
Josephine
Sep 30, 2019 rated it it was ok
I did not enjoy this one like the others in the series. It was bland.
Kelli
Oct 15, 2019 rated it liked it
Way too similar to his sisters story.
Brittany
Dec 06, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: historicals
This review is for books 2-4. This was a series was a sweet romantic stories. The couples have to work hard to come together to form new families but I did enjoy the read.

• The Lady and the Mountain Doctor (Mountain Dreams, #2)
  • The Lady and the Mountain Fire (Mountain Dreams, #3)
  • The Lady and the Mountain Call (Mountain Dreams, #5)
  • Tara's Trials (Romance on the Oregon Trail #4)
  • The Lady and the Mountain Promise (Mountain Dreams, #4)
  • A Faithful Bride For The Wounded Sheriff (Bear Creek Brides #2)
  • Lacy's Legacy (Westward Home and Hearts Mail-Order Brides, #1)
  • Ruby's Risk (Westward Home and Hearts Mail-Order Brides, #2)
  • This Homeward Journey (Heart of the Mountains, #5)
  • Brogan: Cowboy Pride (The Kavanagh Brothers #3)
  • Donnell: Cowboy Scrutiny  (The Kavanagh Brothers #5)
  • Teagan: Cowboy Strong  (The Kavanagh Brothers #1)
  • Hope Reborn (Texas Romance #3)
  • Sullivan: Cowboy Protector  (The Kavanagh Brothers #4)
  • This Wilderness Journey (Heart of the Mountains, #2)
  • Mail Order Jennifer (Widows, Brides, and Secret Babies #2)
  • Mail Order Millie (Widows, Brides, and Secret Babies, #1)
  • The Unwanted Bride And Her Protective Rancher
Linda Ford grew up devouring books and making up stories in her head—often late at night when she couldn't sleep. But she hadn't planned to write. Instead, she dreamed of running an orphanage. In a way, that dream came true. She married, had four homemade children, adopted ten and lived (at times, endured) the dream.

Writing first took her to non-fiction human-interest articles for newspapers and

Love on the Santa Fe Trail (4 books)
  • Wagon Train Baby (Love on the Santa Fe Trail #1)
  • Wagon Train Wedding (Love on the Santa Fe Trail #2)
  • Wagon Train Christmas (Love on the Santa Fe Trail #4)