Start by marking “The Mafia And His Obsession: Part 1 (Tainted Hearts #4)” as Want to Read:
The Mafia And His Obsession: Part 1 (Tainted Hearts #4)

The Mafia And His Obsession: Part 1

(Tainted Hearts #4)

My life only has one purpose, and it's to protect them—my family.

Whether I fight, maim, or kill the enemy, it makes no difference to me. If have to take a bullet for my family, I would embrace death with a goddamn smile on my face.

When their safety is compromised, I put my life on the line and made a deal with the devil. I never questioned it, not even once...

...Unti
Published July 24th 2018 by Limitless Publishing LLC

Start your review of The Mafia And His Obsession: Part 1 (Tainted Hearts #4)
Jessica ❥Chatterbooks Book Blog❥
The Mafia and His Obsession is a continuation of The Tainted Hearts series by Lylah James. While the first three books focus on Alessio and Ayla, this one is centered around Alessio's second, Viktor and a new character, Valerie. That being said, we still get a lot of "the family" in this book, so don't worry, if you miss everybody like I did, you'll get to catch up with them, too.

photo LoneHastyHog_zpsibrqbhfy.gif

Viktor is shot by Alessio and kept away from the Ivanshov family for a year. While in recovery, he's groomed to
Beatrice Masaluñga
Feb 15, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: btb-2020, adult
This series legit took over the month of February and it's time for my loves, Viktor Ivanshov, to shine. At first, the beginning is slightly confusing. How Viktor becomes an heir to Solonik family (he goes by Konstantin Solonik) and what leads him to go on an undercover mission. You have to read this in chronological order to follow the story.

Viktor's love interest is Valerie Solonik. She's Valentin Solonik's wife and her life with him is an agony. She's taken against her will and her sadistic h
Amber- Leave Me Alone I’m Reading
description

TMAHO is amazing!! I can’t say too much without spoiling some things, but this book is perfection. This couple is so perfect for each other. The chemistry they share is dynamite! He is funny and sweet and she is lonely and hurting, but so strong. I loved how he picks up her broken pieces and glues them all back together. But they have major obstacles in their way of course, and I know bloodshed is right around the corner. Lylah James is blowing my mind left and right. I can’t wait to find out wh
Karlie (cozyreadsandtea)
Jul 21, 2018 rated it really liked it
*3.75 review to come
Insane Book Lover
Jun 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
🖤 It’s us. Just us. Me and you 🖤

description

Sooo what can I say about this book??
Because I'm really not good with reviews I'm just gonna write my feelings about it!!!

I'M O-B-S-E-S-S-E-D...🙌

Lylah did an absolutely formidable job with these books...👏

So, first things, first!!!
The Series 'Tainted Hearts' started with the story of Alessio and Ayla, and we get to know them in 'The Mafia and His Angel' Part 1 + 2 + 3.
Now, the continuation of TMAHA is 'The Mafia and his Obsession' Part 1 + 2 that focus on Vik
Anonymous Girl
Jan 10, 2020 marked it as disorganized
1/10/20
$3.99

AMAZON~Tainted Hearts Series (2 book series)
Goodreads~Tainted Hearts Series 6 primary works

Book #1~OWN
The Mafia And His Obsession: Part 1
The Mafia And His Obsession Part 1 (Tainted Hearts #4) by Lylah James
Synopsis: Male has made a deal for the safety of his family. Then he meets someone & he must decide if to choose his family or his obsession (I assume is the woman)? (Dark / Organized Crime / Romantic Suspense~GR & Amazon labels)
Book #2~OWN

Jan 18, 2019 marked it as to-read
Shelves: freebie
🎁 FREE on Amazon today (1/18/2019)! 🎁

Blurb:
My life only has one purpose, and it's to protect them—my family.

...Until her.

All it takes is one glance. With her pretty eyes now imprinted on my soul, the
👑C
Nov 25, 2017 rated it it was ok
I didn’t enjoyed this as much I enjoyed Alessio’s story but I do love Viktor though..
Francoise
Jul 19, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: mob, series, 2018-reads
4 Stars

Dark, gritty, steamy, intense... I could go on with several adjectives describing this sequel to The Mafia and his Angel. I had a hard time putting this one down. In the dangerous and cruel underworld of the Russian mob, there are enemies, friends and enemies masquerading as friends. Violence, betrayal, revenge and power-struggle wars are the name of the game. I enjoyed very much how this story played out with a few good twists. These characters are people you would never root for, they a
Elizarey
Jul 23, 2018 rated it liked it
3.5 stars - This one is so hard to review because I’m not sure really how I feel. The first 30% I didn’t enjoy, the beginning was just super slow and a little boring but I think the purpose of it was to remind readers of what was going on. After the 30% mark things started to pick up for me and I started getting into the story more but I still wasn’t as excited like I was while reading TMAHA P1/2/3. I liked Viktor’s character and I liked Valarie as well they both were likable characters! Valerie ...more
Beneath The Covers Blog
Jul 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2018-reads, arcs, sonal
Full review can be found HERE --> https://www.goodreads.com/review/show...

*ARC provided for a voluntary honest review.* ~Sonal
eliana
Jul 20, 2020 rated it liked it
*3.5*

the ending 😀
Reema
Jan 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I'M SERIOUSLY IN LOVE WITH ALL THE STORIES LYLAH WRITE!!!!!

This story is so beautiful! Their love is too!!

I cried and I laughed at some points and I couldn't have enough of these two. The way he fell for her, the way she let him in and the way they both opened their hearts to each other... FLAWLESS!!
I really need more of this story!!

(view spoiler)

I keep o
Andi Isack
Jul 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Back to her! Lylah James! She's the queen of the dark romances. If you like dark romance trope, just read Lylah's books. And everything you thought an excellent dark romance is going to seem...faded in front of Lylah's majesty. This author is so damn talented. And she really enjoy to write dark. She was born to write this kind of stories. And she is doing a really excellent job.
Back to "The Mafia and his obsession". Take it like the title says. It's dangerous, it's intense, it's unpredictable a
Cat Imb || The Reading Cat ||
I received an ARC of this book from the author and I voluntarily reviewed it. Thank you Lylah James!

James has done it again. What a ride. The author is such a talented writer. She literally takes my breath sway with her descriptions; pun intended. She transports the readers with her words, and that is no easy feat. There are just so many wonderfully written passages, so many great one-liners, so much emotion in the writing. It reads beautifully.

The author is also very good at creating complex ch
MH
Jul 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing
5 Addictive Stars

These are always the hardest reviews to write.
Where I positively cannot say ANYTHING without it giving away the story.
There is a Him and a Her.
What I can say is that this book was magnificent! In true Lylah James fashion, I was taken on a ride filled with twists and turns at every corner.
There are characters you will HATE and characters you will LOVE. In its true mafia form, there are some cringe worthy scenes, but oh how we love to look anyway, lol.
This book made me confu
Nicolette Eyssen
Jul 24, 2018 rated it really liked it

True to form, Lylah James delivered.
This book is full of dark mafia romance, angst and a connection that makes it unable to put down.

Viktor was hilarious and deeply troubled throughout this journey. His humor really made the book flow. His bad-assery is top notch and I’m a huge fan of his. Sexy beast

Valerie starts this book completely deflated from life and all that was taken from her. She is slowly starting to regain a hopeful spirit and I’m craving part two so we can see where this journey t
Vee
Jan 06, 2021 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2021
3,5 stars

I'm not sure if it makes sense but the pacing of the book was too slow for my liking and Valerie and Viktor's feelings for each other too fast. As always, it ended with a cliffhanger and I have so many questions! It's also important to mention that the chapter in Evaline's POV put me in a slump and I can't wait for TMAHB!!!!
Mg ♥ The Bookishmedialite
3.5 Stars!

❝A nun in a tower, waiting for her Prince to save her. But I was no Prince Charming. I was the wolf, ready to pounce.❞

Review to follow :)
AcherontaMovebo
Aug 08, 2019 rated it liked it
Addicting, but it pissed me off
Ana Rita
Jul 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I love to read, fact that 4 years ago wasn't real, but once I found out what I love to read about it was like watching a snow ball growing up.
There are a few genres that I love to read and Mafia books is one of them. The more dark they appear to be, the more I love.
I'm new with this author and let me just say that the blurb was my undoing and the cover.... Yummy...
Lylah James is a new author to me and let's just say that I really enjoyed her writing. It's raw and wild, strong and intense with
Bela
Omg! What is up with random secondary character POV and sex scenes. Who cares?! Please stop! Skipped those 2 charapters.

I would never have thought i would say this, but TOO MUCH SEX. It was slow phase and nothing happend. Half of the book hero and heroine just sneaked around (well.. in her room) her monster husband and had lots of sex. Where is the drama, death and bloody bodyparts? I have been cheated!

And i can confirm it ends with cliffhanger (or rather story just stops/cuts off. Nothing exci
Geetanjali
Jul 12, 2018 rated it liked it
I really loved The Mafia & his Angel series, so I had hopes up for this one too. Plus Victor had been one of my favorite characters in the series.
However, I didn't really like the book. On many occasions, I felt that the story doesn't move forward at all. The pace was too slow, plus, it felt like Victor is obsessed with Valerie, only because of her being the forbidden fruit, no real emotion involved, like Alessio.
In all, I couldn't wait, for it to be over.
One extra star, though, for the chapter
Ana Rita
Jul 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Book Maniac Forever

⭐️ 4.5 "Silent Mishka" Stars ⭐️
Holy shit! The Mafia and his Obsession Part 1 started on a bang! I wasn’t prepared for this shocker right at the beginning and seriously didn’t know what to think! Needless to say that this intense start only kept getting more electrifying and this book was another page turner! Lylah James continued her consuming mafia series with a new main couple, but got all of the Ivanshovs invested in this fascinating journey.

This time around, Viktor is the hero of the sto
Hanna's Book Obsession
Jul 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing
{I received this as an ARC in exchange for an Honest Review}
"The Mafia and His Obsession" is a completely consuming book!!! It got me hooked from the first page and I couldn't put it down! I stayed up Way to late to read and then I keep reading it at work whenever I could sneak in the time!! Viktor is one of my favorite characters in this series!! I am so freaking happy that this is his story and romance!! He deserve to have someone love him and for him to truly love someone!! I have to say tha
Shirl
Jan 26, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: own, read-2020
So on to a new couple... This is Viktor and Valerie's story. Warning it's not all in one book. I know it continues to a second book but not sure after that.
Valerie is in a bad place. Her father owed money to Valentin Solonik. A bad Mafia man. A man without a soul. When her parents didn't have the money he took her instead. She is his unwilling wife for 7 yrs. He beats her and rapes her. Keeps her locked in her room. She can't ever leave it. She can't hear or speak either.
Viktor is Valentins ne
Erika's Book Blog
Jul 20, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: mafia
"...even in the silence, I could hear his words-his voice. And in the deepest silence, that was when my heart danced so wildly for this beautiful, deadly man."

Emotionally charged, deeply forbidden, and heart-breaking this one grabbed me in the feels and didn't let up the entire time. The pain, the desperation, the dark undertones that only Mafia Romance can give, the Author writes poetically about the rawness, the gritty, the real of lost time, ultimate sacrifices, and how love doesn't always ma
Lover of Romance
Sep 16, 2020 rated it really liked it
I took way too long reading this book and I don’t know why when I loved the first three books and now we get the brother’s story of the king of the underworld. And I have to say this book in the beginning SHOCKED me to the core. And anyone that reads the first few pages will know exactly what I mean. At first you think the worst of the worst has happened, until it isn’t and the truth is revealed a bit later. But boy I wasn’t sure how I felt LOL but Lylah James totally redeems the story very quic ...more
Jennifer D.
Jul 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I loved Viktor in The Mafia and His Angel books and couldn't wait to read his story. I loved the direction the author took with his story. You get to k ow him and see that he has this whole other side. I loved Valerie and them together. Such sweet moments in a totally messed world.

Ms. James write in such a way that you get so much more with her books. You get in their heads and get to really know each character. You find yourself totally invested in each character.
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
Goodreads Librari...: multiple book copies 3 13 Jul 30, 2018 06:52PM

• Bound By Blood Anthology (Born in Blood Mafia Chronicles, #7.5)
  • Fragile Longing
  • Kingpin's Foxglove (The Tarkhanov Empire, #1)
  • The Darkest Temptation (Made, #3)
  • Principessa of Chicago (The Rocchetti Dynasty, #2)
  • The Bloody Bride (The Rocchetti Dynasty, #1)
  • Twisted Bonds (The Camorra Chronicles, #4)
  • Bound by Temptation (Born in Blood Mafia Chronicles, #4)
  • Slay Belles & Mayhem
  • Bound by Hatred (Born in Blood Mafia Chronicles, #3)
  • The Rocchetti Queen (The Rocchetti Dynasty, #3)
  • Bound by Love (Born in Blood Mafia Chronicles, #6)
  • Sweet Temptation
  • Twisted Emotions (The Camorra Chronicles, #2)
  • Bound by Vengeance (Born in Blood Mafia Chronicles, #5)
  • Twisted Pride (The Camorra Chronicles, #3)
Author of The Mafia and His Angel. Creator of Alessio Ivanshov and Aylessio.

Reading is her first love and always will be.
Writing is her passion. She writes because the voices in her head won't stop and because they deserve to be heard and read. Lylah James writes about drool worthy and total alpha males, with strong and sweet heroines. She makes her readers cry - sob their eyes out, swoon, curse

Tainted Hearts (10 books)
  • The Mafia And His Angel: Part 1 (Tainted Hearts, #1)
  • The Mafia And His Angel: Part 2 (Tainted Hearts, #2)
  • The Mafia And His Angel: Part 3 (Tainted Hearts, #3)
  • Blood and Roses (Tainted Hearts, #3.5)
  • The Mafia and His Obsession: Part 2 (Tainted Hearts, #5)
  • TMAHB: Part One (Tainted Hearts, #6)
  • TMAHB: Part Two (Tainted Hearts, #7)
  • TMAHR (Tainted Hearts, #8)
  • Queen's Reign (Tainted Hearts, #9)