Start by marking “A Dance For You” as Want to Read:
A Dance For You

A Dance For You

New job, new city: Mason hopes both will lead to him escaping burnout as a ballet dancer. Not living out of a suitcase anymore is a bonus. His new life gets off to a steamy start when he encounters his new neighbour, David. Things soon become complicated when Mason turns up for his first day at BalletEast, to discover that David is not only his choreographer, but the man w ...more
ebook
Published July 31st 2018

To ask other readers questions about A Dance For You, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Dance For You

Start your review of A Dance For You
Aղցela W.
Mar 28, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was a good read that I liked. Mason moves to a new city to start a new job and a new life but his first day didn't go as planned. When he meets his sexy new neighbor things begin to look up. When he finds out his new lover is also his choreographer, they'll have to draw the line between their personal relationship and their business one. But, when jealousy and intolerance bring their secret to the open. This book was hot the BDSM in this book was good. This was my first time reading this au ...more
Karen
Feb 21, 2019 rated it liked it
3.5 ballet stars rounded down because still no 1/2 stars here on GR. Full review to follow soonish!

Sometimes the best moves are the ones that aren't made on the dance floor...

‘A Dance for You’ is the second audio book by Colette Davison that I’ve been fortunate enough to enjoy and I admit I definitely enjoyed this one a bit more than ‘A Dance for Two’. Even though these books share a very similar title reading ‘A Dance for Two’ is not required in order for the reader/listener to enjoy ‘A Dan
Ayla
Aug 01, 2018 rated it really liked it
I loved Mason from the start! He was super genuine and sweet when he first met David. I enjoyed the storyline and how much we got to see Mason and David's interactions, both personally and a little bit professionally. The author did a good job of showing how much dance meant to Mason and his love for it. And I just want to say that ALL of the sex scenes... yesss! I was fanning myself during each one of them.

This book was sweet and naughty but definitely had some angst that kept things interesti
namericanwordcat
I liked a great deal about this romance in terms of the relationship between Mason and David and the portrayal of how hard being a working dancer is.

I liked how the workplace relationship was handle in an adult manner. I also felt the exploration of David's fail relationships was well done as it figured into this love story.

While I believe bullying does happen and in the ways that it was portrayed here, it seems strange in the arts that it would be rooted in homophobia and also I would have lik
Patricia Fox
Jan 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed this book, I was captured from the first page and couldn't put it down. Mason and David have such an amazing story and it was written beautifully. I loved finding out more of the Dance world and what all they have to endure. Mason is a little on the shy side and has not had many sexual encounters, will David be the one to bring it out or will someone stand in the way of their happiness. I encourage you to pick up a copy of this book today.
Nephylim Nephylim
Jul 31, 2018 rated it really liked it
This is the story of Mason, to whom we were introduced in A Dance for Two. It’s not necessary to have read the previous book to enjoy this one as there are only brief mentions of events and people from Book One. Adam appears, but only in the same capacity as Mason had in his story.
Whereas A Dance for Two is set in a ballet school, A Dance for You is set in a ballet company. Again, we are given a flavour of what it’s like to be the new person in a ballet company. There is some resistance and a je
Katie Lewis
I love the premise of this book: a young ballet dancer in a new town, starting at a new company, who sleeps with his handsome neighbor before realizing the man is the choreographer at his new dance company? Great plot!

However, I found the writing style adverb-heavy, which is a pet-peeve of mine, and it was wordy. Many scenes felt like filler with no stakes, no interesting conversations, events, or characters, and this contributed to an overall 'hollow' feeling from the book; but it could have be
Xanthe
Aug 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A great follow up to A Dance For Two! Colette has done so well in keeping our interest with another couple. Even though I know nothing about ballet that in no way detracted from my enjoyment of this story and the blossoming romance between the MC's.
Mason is Adam's friend from book 1, the ballet dancer who has been on tour but he's now decided that he needs some permanence and has found himself a dance company and a home to settle in. He meets his gorgeous new neighbour almost immediately and the
Barb ~rede-2-read~
Audiobook provided through Scattered Thoughts and Rogue Words in exchange for an impartial review.

Mason is a ballet dancer coming off a successful role with a company in another town. As he’s moving into his new flat, complete with package-store boxes containing his new furniture, he accepts help from his neighbor, David. One thing leads to another and the two hook up, despite the fact that David is considerably older.

When Mason starts work at BalletEast, he’s confronted with the fact the gues
Josh Dale
Jul 31, 2018 rated it it was amazing
In this book we meet Mason (Adam's friend from A Dance For Two), who after years of dance tours, he needs slow things down and take care of himself. So has joined a static dance company.

Mason’s fun and cheeky personality shines throughout the book. Though we also see his mature and determined side too.

David is Mason’s Neighbour who offers Mason help to get his new furniture into his apartment, he offers help to build the furniture, and Mason cooks a meal to say thank you. Throughout the day th
Amy Dufera
Jul 31, 2018 rated it it was amazing

As Mason is moving into his new place, he meets his neighbor, David who offers to help him. Mason is instantly intrigued by the much older David. As both men are lonely, they spend some time together, hook up for the night and agree to be neighbors with benefits.

Unfortunately, the next morning they discover that they are going to be working together. Of course, they just can't stop seeing each other and eventually feelings start to get involved. I love this slow burn aspect of their relationship
Shelly Reynolds
Jan 22, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance, erotica, bdsm, m-m
"If you want to go, that's okay."
"I don't want to go."
"Then, why don't you join me?"

I really enjoyed this story of David and Mason! It was such a sweet story of love, friendship, overcoming the closed-mindedness of others, and fighting for what you want.

Mason's first day in his new place didn't go exactly as he envisioned. He expected a night of curling up with Ikea instructions and a microwave dinner. What he got was a sexy new neighbor and a night he won't soon forget! One night turned to two,
Ashley
Jul 29, 2018 rated it really liked it
We briefly met Mason in A Dance for Two. I’m glad that we’ve gotten the opportunity to learn more about Mason and see his story expand. In A Dance for you Mason has left one ballet company that traveled nonstop and has started working with BalletEast, where he can put down roots. He’s afraid of burning out and this is the change that will allow him to take better care of himself while doing what he loves, dancing.

In a way, Mason is starting anew

Mason meets David, his older neighbor, as he’s tryi
Janice Jarrell
Aug 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Wow! I started reading this book last night and didn't stop until I couldn't hold my eyes open any longer. Started reading again with my morning coffee and didn't stop until I finished. What a story! I've always been fascinated by the world of the professional dancer and this book took me backstage with a depth and detail that captured my mind and wouldn't let it go.

I loved David and Mason's story. Their sexual relationship is hot from the very beginning, but the intensity of their coming togeth
Sue
Aug 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
WHAT A BEAUTIFUL LOVE STORY

This is a beautiful love story of trust, maturity and discovery. Mason is a newer ballet dancer. Not classically trained like most, but naturally gifted with an effervescents few dancers have. He has joined a troupe that performs theatre productions, tired of life on the road. Wanting a place to rejuvenate, recuperate, to sleep in a bed of his own. David is a retired prima ballet dancer. He retired in the prime of his career, after having danced the world over, with th
Terri
Jul 31, 2018 rated it really liked it
When I first met Mason in A Dance for Two, I was almost immediately smitten with this character. He is Adam's good friend, a talented dancer who needs to take better care of himself. In this book, Mason leaves his travelling group for a ballet company that will let him grow roots and manage his life better. When he meets his new next door neighbor David, there is an instant connection. While David is more than twice Mason's age, the two have much more in common than not. When David turns out to ...more
Kirstin
Feb 10, 2019 rated it really liked it
I really, really got into this sweet story. Mason's character hooked me from the start.

Mason has just moved hours away from his family, has switched dancing companies and is basically starting from scratch. When he meets his neighbor, David, he's instantly comfortable in the older man's presence and feels like he's met a good friend.

But when David is introduced at the company as their choreographer, Mason doesn't think their friendship has a future, but David isn't too keen on letting him go jus
Alexleo
Jul 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This was a wonderful story with elements of light BDSM, age difference and steadily growing feelings of love and trust.

I specifically highlighted a passage of David’s thoughts that well summarises the essence of his relationship with Mason: “He hated the concept that there was an acceptable time limit on stages of relationships and how people thought less of you if you didn't stick to them. Why should you date before you slept together? He and Mason had done that all the wrong way round, fuckin
Dixiecowgirl
Jul 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Lots of connection, steamy with a touch of kink and falling in love make a terrific story! I enjoyed the passion and commitment that both MC's gave to their relationship and to their careers. I so enjoyed the journey these men took to find each other! Honest communication, sexy times and sharing experiences really made this a fulfilling story to read.

The story was a gentle ride that was a beautiful slow burn to love. We had already met Mason in the first book of this series and i really liked h
Deli
Jul 31, 2018 rated it really liked it
Mason is just moving in his new apartment when he meets his new charismatic older neighbour David. The 2 share a immediate attraction which leads to whats supposed to be a one night stand. What both of them didnt know.. David is the new choreograph for Masons new Ballet troop!
Will Mason be able to handle an affair with his new „boss“ , dealing with the jealousy of his co workers, the stress practicing for their new performance and discovering a new kink all at once ?

I liked both characters a lot
Maria Vickers
Aug 01, 2018 rated it really liked it
Steamy, romantic, and moving. Colette Davison has once again written a passionate story that allows the reader to connect with her characters and pulls you into her story. David and Mason jumped from the pages and enthralled me.

Not everything is sunshine and perfect for them though. They each have their own issues and baggage to deal with. Will they be able to work through it and stay together? What about Mason's performance? You have to read to find out.

I really liked this story and the steam
Sarita Chapdelaine
Aug 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc
I absolutely love this book and I could not put it down. It is beautifully written, has amazing characters, a riveting storyline and enough conflict to keep things interesting. I fell for Mason in the previous book and I am so happy that he gets his own story. He and David are a perfect match and I love how their relationship develops and changes as they get to know each other. Navigating their age-gap, the kinks that David wants to explore with Mason, problems at work and other outside influenc ...more
Michelle
Jan 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Wow, I absolutely loved this beautiful story about Friendship, Love and the Trust between Mason and his lover.
While moving into his new home, he meets the very Handsome David who offers to help him move in and they both feel an attraction straight of. Mason is starting at his new Dance Company BalletEast and is surprised to see being introduced as his Choreographer, is his all time idol in the dance world, who inspired his love of Dance but is also his neighbour David. The two embark on a sexy,
Joscelyn Smith
Jul 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Mason😍😍😍

I've been waiting on this ever since Mason appeared in A Dance for Two and it was so worth the wait. The dynamic between Mason and David was amazing, I loved how David encouraged Mason to set boundaries without ever trying to push him past them. He was so willing to be a shoulder for Mason to lean on but equally willing to step back and allow Mason to stand on his own. I absolutely loved it although I really would like to know if Mason needed his flamingo.🤔😉
Kaila
Jul 31, 2018 rated it it was amazing
i freakin loved this.. omg they were so sweet.. sexy.. kinky.. and it was just all around a feel good and amazing story. i loved the conflict.. and the love.. i loved the dancing parts .. it was an amazing slow burn.. that once it got lit was off the chains.. haha.. i loved these two so much . this is book 2.. you don't technically have to read book 1 to read this but i would highly recommend it because we meet our MC mason in book 1 and we see our mc's from book 1 in book 2 haha.
Ana  Nimity
Sweet May/December romance

Neighbors with benefits take an interesting turn when the older neighbor turns out to be the younger's choreographer in the dance troupe he is joining. Mild BDSM. The main conflict is homophobic bullying so if you're sensitive to that you may want to give this one a pass. I enjoyed the way the relationship between the MCs developed. Overall a sweet story about being true to yourself.
Emma Brown
Sep 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing
The author has written a magically beautiful story, with characters that really come to life. David and Mason have such vitality and charisma, that you can truly picture them in your mind. The wording, the settings and the imagery truly take you on a journey. The eye for detail inserting the scenes gives you a clear picture in your mind. I will also never think of the word flamingo the same way again!!
jazmin
Feb 17, 2019 rated it it was ok
This book wasn't really for me. It felt like the first half of the book was like an introduction to the book, you get what i mean? It felt like a manual for bdsm, which can be great, but definitely wasn't what I was looking for. I get it, Mason was new to bdsm, and of course you have to talk about things before doing them, (a lot better than when couples just keep things to themselves and it end up breaking them apart haha), so the book wasn't bad exactly, just not my cup of tea :)
TopsieJ
Jan 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Enticed from the beginning!!

Colette Davison's writing made the story and dilemmas of sensitive topics come alive. They were encountered, experienced and solved with bravery, strength and compassion. I loved the exploration of the relationship as the characters developed. A beautiful story which I highly recommend.
Szidi ☼
Feb 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Somebody tell me why this book was sooooo perfect! Awww! I loved it so much! Colette Davison is one of my favorite author now, i love everything she writes, and its amazing!

I loved that the dance not just a side theme, the whole book is about the dancing! And i love how perfectly written are everything.

read more on my blog: https://readingundertherainbow.blogsp...

• Embracing Faith (Embrace #1)
  • Upside Down
  • How Not to Blend (Lovestrong #1)
  • Gentle Hand (Perfect Hands #2)
  • More Than Blood (Blood #1)
  • Angels Sing (Daddy Dearest, #2)
  • Brandon's Very Merry Haunted Christmas (Mack's Marvelous Manifestations, #1)
  • Their Boy (The Game, #2)
  • Surreal Estate
  • Daddy (Kinky Boys #1)
  • Wishing on a Dream
  • A (Fake) Boyfriend for Christmas
  • The Twelve Dates of Christmas
  • Brave for You (Oahu Lovers, #1)
  • Family Camp (Daddy Dearest, #1)
  • The Accidental Master (The Accidental Master #1)
  • The Rising (Badlands, #2)
  • Last-Minute Walk-In (Irons and Works Novellas, #1)
I'm an indie author from the UK, who writes contemporary and paranormal M/M romance. My books have flawed characters, happy endings, and lots of heart.

VISIT MY AMAZON AUTHOR PAGE: