Start by marking “Waypoint” as Want to Read:
Waypoint

Waypoint

How far will they go to restore the power?

It’s been lights-out for three months and society is already falling into chaos.

Teenage tech-genius Simon Harper and his team of fellow gamers have been searching for the cause of the outage since it went down. Simon and his twin brother West are often at odds, but when the key to restoring power drops into their hands, they’ll ris
Published December 1st 2018 by Rocket City Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Waypoint, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Waypoint

Start your review of Waypoint
alana ♡
Nov 30, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: reviewed-arcs, sci-fi
Twin brothers trying to save the world. Badass females (with a side of so-awful-you-have-to-laugh-jokes when they get nervous). Gamers. A world with an apocalyptic feel. What more can a girl really ask for?! This book was a blast. From the moment it started it hit the ground and never stopped running. I literally read the first few pages and had to stop and let my heart rate slow down because the opening was WILD. I'm one of those readers who will never accept the fact that dystopian/apocalyptic ...more
Kristen Burns
Check out my character interview with Simon and West @ Metaphors and Moonlight!

---------------------

3.5 Stars

Review:
*I received an ecopy of this book from the authors. This has not influenced my review.*

This book was kind of a YA thriller/action & adventure story about a cross-country trek with a vaguely post-apocalyptic feel, due to the premise of the power grid being down. Not quite as SFF as what I usually read, but I enjoyed it! There was danger, secrets, survival, romance, bad guys, twins--
Bryan Alkire
May 31, 2020 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Bad novel. I just couldn’t connect. The plot is pure action movie cliché and I just couldn’t suspend disbelief. The writing is tedious at times and the book is slow at some point in each chapter. The characters aren’t great either. They’re stereotypes and, worst of all, they all sound alike to me. All in all, a disappointing novel.

So, I give this a 1. It’s just not very good across the board.
Jessica Belmont
Dec 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wow! That sums up everything I want to say about Waypoint. As soon as I started reading this books, I could not put it down. It is action packed, with a thrilling plot, developed and complicated characters, and writing that delivers everything you’d want in a novel like this.

The characters are very intriguing and well developed. I was passionately cheering for them the entire way through. I liked the bits of romance scattered around. It gave this book an even more realistic feel. There were also
T.H. Hernandez
I need to start off by saying this is the first book in a series. It wasn’t obvious from the description, so I wasn’t expecting the ending, but now that I know, I’m anxiously awaiting the next installment. Told from four third-person points of view, this is a little different than most young adult dystopians. Instead of a single protagonist, we have four, although Simon seems to be the main character. Twin brothers Simon and West inhabit a world without power, similar to the TV show Revolution f ...more
Shalini
Dec 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This book is a bullet... It starts with a bang, travels at the speed of light and doesn't stop till it reaches the target. 2 brother + 2 girls + 1 Nano = travel 500 miles to Waypoint to restore power to the world.

An adventurous thriller like no other, this book by Deborah Adams and Kimberley Perkins saw me stuck to the book the whole Sunday, longing to get to the end. The book didn't allow me to breathe, ok it did... But I didn't want to, I just wanted the story to go on....

I loved the way the
Susan Burlew
Nov 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: giveaway
I really enjoyed this book! It had pretty much everything-good guys, bad guys, an important mission and all those teenage hormones. I got into the story quickly and my only complaint is having to wait to find out what happens next. I won this in a goodreads giveaway, thanks! Looking forward to reading more from these authors
Deborah Adams
Sep 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
I struggled to decide whether I should review my own book or not, but you know what? I love it, so I'm reviewing it! If you don't like your own stories who will? Also, I have the added advantage of Waypoint being coauthored, so I can safely say the author is brilliant, and not necessarily be talking about myself.
Waypoint grew out of a spontaneous discussion in an office parking lot, it was the brainchild of two people who love YA books despite being grown women. This story follows two brothers a
FictionNoChaser
Nov 28, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Overall Rating: ★★★★
Heroine: Dad Jokes & Laura Croft
Dude: He-man & Spock
Steaminess: Waterfalls make good baths...
Brutality: Stabbed with a tree spile

We follow twins West and Simon as they journey to turn the power back on in the US. Along the way, they meet Alex & Riya and adventure ensues.

This book starts off with a bang. I actually had a “what am I reading?” moment right before everything makes perfect sense. Thanks for making me feel stupid guys… jk. In the future, all of the power was put o
Jasmine
Dec 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Oh gosh, where do I begin with my review? Perhaps with one word: AHHHHHH!!!

Okay, now that I have that out of my system, I think I can move on...

Waypoint is the first book in a new series by Deborah Adams and Kimberley Perkins. It's their debut novel, and boy is it a good one. I was immediately drawn in by the synopsis, and after starting the story, I didn't want to put it down. It was that good.

Waypoint is a dystopian adventure full of twists and turns that will leave you breathless. It's an int
Gina Best
Nov 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Let me start off by saying that I was given a free copy of this book for my honest review. I have a very busy, hectic life both at work and at home so I am very possessive of the free time that I have. As an avid reader, I depend and rely on book reviews to help me decide where to invest my time for that next great read. So please rest assured, I would never give anything less than my honest review.

Now with that out of the way . . . Wow . . this was a very good book.. It starts off at a fast pa
Lelia Taylor
Dec 04, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: full-reviews
At some time in the not too distant future, the powers that be decided that having one power grid would be a good idea. You know, consolidation of resources, leaner staffing needs, etc., and all that works just fine until the inevitable happens and the thing stops working. Oops, no Plan B.

Simon and West are twins by birth but that’s about the only thing they have in common. One is a hunky athletic type adored by all including himself while the other is your run of the mill gaming genius with no
Brandon
Aug 18, 2019 rated it really liked it
Great read that you didn't know what to expect. I noticed that every time I put the book down to pause to actually do some sort of work, I was always wondering what was going to happen next. Interesting story, that was well written.
Samara
Sep 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I had the privilege of reading an early draft of Waypoint in the role of a beta-reviewer, and I was immediately impressed by it, even at that nascent stage. When I was approached about reviewing, I wasn’t sure whether I should accept, since the book was initially described to me as Young Adult, a genre from which I rarely read. Fortunately, Waypoint defies pigeonholes and stereotypes, and I found myself engaged in the story and characters from beginning to end. Like a meal of well-balanced flavo ...more
Jessica
Nov 27, 2018 rated it really liked it

My Review:

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️/5

Honestly, It took me longer then anticipated to read Waypoint. It's not a bad book, with the holiday, it was hard to sit down and read it. I gave this 4 stars because the story and and structure was very complete. You can tell that they really thought it out and outlined the book.

I don't like when people compare bestseller books to other books lower then it but this one I have too. It's not bad, but it could be, depending if you like any of the things and books I am compa
Tina Hamby
Dec 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Waypoint is set Washington DC and surrounding states in the VERY near future (2067). Prior to the start of the text, the authors provide a timeline to set-up the story. The world is under one worldwide governing body. Since the novel is set 49 years in the future having references to familiar locations and institutions (MIT) made the book more believable, unsettling, and relatable.
The story kept my attention and I was not thrilled to stop reading and sleep…to the point I dreamed of joining worl
P.M.
May 06, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The good thing is that there is no pandemic; the bad thing is that there is no electricity. What to do? It's obvious to Simon, video-game player extraordinaire, that it is his mission and that of his friends to find the problem and solve it. Enter his athletic twin West, an ex-kidnapped first daughter, and an undercover UNID agent and we have a multi-faceted journey to Washington, DC to turn the power back on. I did enjoy this mainly because the characters were likable. My only quibble was that ...more
Sheila Phillips
Sep 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I was a Beta reader for this novel and was blown away by the story...love the dynamic between the brothers. I was especially drawn to West, he had a plan and made it happen. The story was well written and fast paced. I can't wait for the sequel!
Nancy (The Avid Reader)
Waypoint is set in a post-apocalyptic world featuring twin brothers Simon and West. The power has been out in the country for a while now and when information on how to restore the power falls into the brothers hands they risk life and limb to get the power turned back on.

Simon and West have a 500 mile journey a head of them but along the way they manage to get separated. They agreed on a place to meet once they have reached their destination.

As West is making his way through the woods he hears
Roxanna Lock
Jan 09, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Worth the Read

I normally hate sequel books but this one is good enough for me to want to read more. The four main characters are likable and I really like the twins.
Cath
Jul 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is a post-apocalyptic adventure story with power going off, world-wide, some three months ago and no idea what was behind it. There is no electricity, no power, no transportation and no lights, nothing we have come to rely on in the modern world. Society is beginning to fall apart as supplies run low and chaos abounds. They only people who seem to be managing are a group of online gamers, using solar powered battery packs to keep playing. One of them is Simon Harper, who plays down in his f ...more
Cranky - The Book Curmudgeon
Dec 04, 2018 rated it really liked it
4 Cranky Stars

West and Simon Harper are two ordinary teen aged boys who happen to be twins. But that is where the similarity ends. While West is a hunky jock with plenty of girlfriends, Simon is a geeky gamer whose only friends are online. As long as he is playing "Arcadia", he's fine. In that world, he is known as SI-FIGHTER, the baddest of the bad.

The electrical grid has gone dark and things are rapidly changing. Everyone blames the President, but who is really at fault? West and Simon head to
Tiffany
I received a digital arc in exchange for an honest review. This is simply my opinion on the book and is not influenced by any external factor.

Absolutely astounding!! Waypoint is the first in a post-apocalyptic adventure of four teens investigating the cause of the electricity cut around the world. There’s no lights, no transportation, and no power. The answer lies in Waypoint, which is 500 miles away. We follow the adventure of Simon – computer geek, gamer and hacker), Alexandria (the president
Sarah Hocut
Dec 31, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I love reading YA fiction, but typically I don’t lean toward action/adventure stories. I’m so glad I took a chance on Waypoint, though! The entire book was full of suspense and kept me wanting to read more to see what was next – I could never quite guess, though, because it was full of surprises.

I loved the characters of Simon and West. After the first few chapters alternating between their stories, two other main characters are introduced, and the book shifts chapters between the four of them.
Jessica Arnold
DNF about 1/4 of the way through. I wanted to like this book because of the basic plot, but unfortunately it seemed to be more action-focused than story-concerned, and the pace of everything seemed rushed.
Jeanne geib
Jan 06, 2020 rated it liked it
No ending

Nothing bothers me more than to read a story and arrive at the end only to find out that there is no ending and you need to buy another book! I never but the next book I will not be a party to such a farce!
SelinaNoelle
Jun 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
4,5 Stars
Roxanne
Oct 19, 2019 rated it really liked it
Good book

This is a well written story. It kept me reading to the very end and wanting to read more. Looking forward to reading more.
Emma Shearwood
Jan 02, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Took a while to get into. Was tempted to give up. The more I read the more I got into the story
Heather
Feb 05, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I had a hard time getting into this book, but once I did around 30% through, I gobbled it up. Turns out it’s part one of two so the slow build makes more sense.
Goodreads Librari...: Placeholder Cover Change to Official Cover 3 23 Sep 17, 2018 04:59AM

• Pendomus (Pendomus Chronicles, #1)
  • The Bane (The Eden Trilogy, #1)
  • The Trouble with Flying (The Trouble Series, #1)
  • Watcher (Watcher #1)
  • Oasis (The Last Humans, #1)
  • Untamed (Untamed, #1)
  • Dead Moon
  • Spin
  • The Woodlands (The Woodlands, #1)
  • Outlaw (Rebel Stars, #1)
  • Mind Secrets (Perceivers #1)
  • Chasing Echoes (Chasing Echoes #1)
  • Wither
  • The Concordia Deception - A Space Colonization Epic Adventure (Space Colony One Book 1)
  • Blood and Snow (Blood and Snow #1)
  • Jim's First Day (The Infected, #1)
  • The Forgotten Girls (Suburban Murder, #1)
  • Rippler (Ripple, #1)
Deborah Adams is an award-winning co-author of the breakout series Waypoint. Deborah holds a degree in Communication from the University of Alabama in Huntsville. She lives in Huntsville, Alabama with her husband John and two boys Weston and Warner, cheering along with their soccer teams and loaded down like a pack mule with chairs, snacks, and other sundry items.