Start by marking “Tempesta (Playing the Fool, #3)” as Want to Read:
Tempesta (Playing the Fool, #3)

Tempesta

(Playing the Fool #3)

Qualcosa di sinistro sta per accadere.
L’agente dell’FBI Ryan “Mac”McGuinness e il truffatore Henry Page sono di nuovo in fuga. Questa volta sono diretti là dove tutto è cominciato: Altona, nell’Indiana. Popolazione: alcune capre. Henry non è affatto contento di doversi nascondere nella fattoria McGuinness, ma non ha altro posto dove andare.
Mentre Mac combatte per riabilita
Published July 20th 2018 by Triskell (first published March 9th 2015)

To ask other readers questions about Tempesta, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Tempesta

Ingie
Written March 11, 2015

4.3 Stars - Charming, funny and addictive. - Just want more from these 'Macaroni & Cheese' boys and their hilarious (funny) adventures

Book #3

Tempest is the third (serial) part in the Playing the Fool series. As well my third ARC book.
descriptiondescriptiondescriptiondescription

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

“Who would want to eat plain old macaroni without cheese?”

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

I became utterly charmed by the wonderful giggle-fun first book. Y
Heather K (dentist in my spare time)
*3.5 stars*

Unfortunately, not as awesome as The Merchant of Death, but if you can get through the boring first 2/3rds (yup, that much!), the last 1/3 is pretty great.

I think part of my issue with this story was that it was so heavy. I liked the lighter feel of the first two stories, and this one just sort of depressed me. Henry and Mac are in a lot of trouble here, and the book is weighed down by that fact. It is hard to pinpoint what exactly it was that made this so slow going, but I think it
Lisa Henry
It's Book 3 of the Playing the Fool series... and there's a storm coming!

I hope you enjoy reading it as much as JA and I enjoyed writing it.

Anything you want to know about the book, here's a great place to ask!
Kaje Harper
Feb 15, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book completes the "Playing the Fool" series, giving us closure after the cliff-hanger endings of the first two installments. I really enjoyed watching Henry and Mac banter and argue and finally allow each other some entry into the important parts of their lives, and hearts.

The best part of this series is Henry, with his painful past, and his divided loyalties between his sister Viola, his well-worn persona as Henry the unemotional con man, and his relationship with Mac, the man he's comin
Macky
Mar 10, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I'm feeling kind of sad now because I've just finished the last book in what has been one of my most favourite comedy thriller series ever! I reckon Lisa and JA have created two characters who, if they wrote about them till the end of their writing careers, I'd never get tired of. I absolutely adore Mac and Henry. As a pairing they've worked on every level for me. I've laughed at their snarky, snappy banter offs, snorted at the running jokes, tingled at the sexual tension generated, got hot unde ...more
Josy
~ 4.5 stars ~

I really enjoyed this series! The banter and teasing between the MCs was quite funny and I couldn't help but laugh out loud several times. But it's not all sunshine and rainbows. One of the MCs is dealing with a traumatic past and there are references to past sexual abuse. The mystery was good and I was as surprised as the MCs to find out who was behind the murders.

Nick J. Russo's narration was great as always!
Sofia
Jan 30, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition

Stormy Crescendo

Well this was not all fun and games, there is fun part of course but underneath the mask all 'actors' wear on stage, there is also the pain, the soft parts, and those are here too.

I was going to try and describe Mac and Henry together but I find that Henry and Rock do it much better than me:
Sometimes he felt like one of those rugged, taciturn heroes from a nineteen-forties movie, who was stuck with some talkative, troublesome broad with a wit as sharp as the cut of her jacket. D
Adam

Possible spoilers below.

Book 3 of the Playing the Fool series begins with a very tense scene. Mac and Henry are on the run again, and this time they have Viola with them. Faced with external threats from all sides, Mac and Henry have to put aside their quarrels and focus on staying a step ahead of their pursuers.

Firstly: the family farm?! Really, Mac? I'm with Henry on this one. When making a run for it, going to the old homestead is a big no-no. If it wasn't for Mac's awesome parents,
Jenni Lea

Freaking fantabulous!

For serious though...

When are we gonna get more Tales of the Mac & Cheese?
Ami

Love is not love
Which alters when it alteration finds,
Or bends with the remover to remove
O no; It is an ever-fixed mark,
That looks on tempests, and is never shaken

Tempest is the third (and final) book in Lisa Henry and J.A. Rock’s “Playing the Fool” trilogy. Based on my own experience, this series is best enjoyed by doing a marathon reading. That way, I wasn’t annoyed with the cliffhanger from the previous two books. I feel like I could appreciate Mac, Henry, Viola, and other characters
Kade Boehme
Mar 14, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
All the world's a stage...

Seriously, one of the best series I've read in a long while. Would give more than 5 stars if I could. Though, I'm glad I chose to wait til all 3 came out so I could do a marathon read (all 3 in 24 hours haha) because I would have lost my shit over those cliffies. So much love for Mac and Henry.

*sings* Mac and Cheese. So tasty together.

I couldn't even choose a favorite of the two. So well done.

Off to order the paperbacks now for my shelf of favorites. Highly recommende
Dalia
Oct 26, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: m-m
"Old Mac-Guinness had a farm," Henry sang dully. "E-IE-I-O."
Mac and Henry are on the run again. They decide to stay at McGuinness family farm, which isn't exactly the best place to hide, but they don't have anywhere else to go. In this installment Henry struggles with a lot of things that's related to his past. And he still runs away, even though he promised he'd stop. But what can you do;
"Bird gotta fly, and fish gotta swim."

There's a good amount of action, angst and humor. I crack
Bev
Oh Vi, you wormed your way into my heart in this instalment. You were so brave, just plain awesome, and I wanted to give you a big squishy hug. And as for Mac and Cheese, well, a puddle of goo springs to mind. There were SO many touching moments and funny moments in this story, it was just lovely and I was so happy at the ending, although I was sad for Sebby's loss as far as his friend was concerned. Good riddance Flora and you, Janice. Justice has prevailed...for a change, yay!! 4.25 stars from ...more
Chris, the Dalek King
“You believe in destiny, Val?” Henry settled back. “Like big destiny?”

“What do you mean?”

“Like something Shakespearean.” Henry’s fingers twitched against Mac’s. “Like whatever you do, you can’t avoid it. Like it was the Rasnicks’ destiny to ruin my life from before I was even born.”

“I think that’s bullshit.”

“I am fortune’s fool,” Henry said. “Or fortune’s bitch.”

This has been a bit of a long ride, but I have to say that it was worth it. Tempest is the third book in this series, and a wonderful
Leanne
Everything falls into place in this third and final instalment of the Mac 'n Cheese series. It's got everything a finale should have; zippy action, goons waving guns and wonderful banter but what sends it into the 5 star category for me is how all of that craziness is also balanced by some deeply poignant and sad moments.. good ol' ugly cry bits. I love how these two authors can seamlessly move from one to the other, never lingering too long in either- creating wonderfully real and loveable char ...more
Maya

Not my favourite in the series but still a good read and a very nice ending of Mac and Henry’s story. I don’t see how Mac will be able to keep his healthy diet though :P

Loved this moment:

Flirty Henry was incorrigible. He was also deflecting again. One day, Mac decided, he would surprise the fuck out of both of them and say yes to whatever crazy suggestion fell out of those candy-stained lips.
“You’re so boring, Mac.”
“Shut up, Cheese.”

BR with Sofia, Ingela, and Bev – thanks, girls.

Wart Hill
Love this series!

So book 4'll be called "All the World's a Stage" and it'll be all about Mac dealing with consultant Henry. Right?!

(Seriously I need another book)
Isabel
Full review to come!
Trio
Apr 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: audio-book, mm
Yeah, that was the best of the three. I'm so happy with how it all turned out... Mac and Cheese, mac is pretty boring on its own. Definitely one of my favorite Nick J. Russo narrations of all time, he actually sings in this one, like a whole song!
Esra
Feb 13, 2019 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-in-english
Bitti çok şükür.
Fikrim hiç değişmedi. Sevmedim bu seriyi maalesef.
Kristalia
Final rating: 4.75/5 stars
Final rating - for the whole series: 4.75/5 stars

Please tell me this is not the last one in the series, because if it is, then i'm gonna cry my eyes out because I DID NOT WANT it to end. I need more Mac and Cheese, seriously. I meant Henry, not Cheese.

In any case, great conclusion, everything is solved, the secondary (and main) case is solved and everything was well done. More action, more side characters and interesting scenes.

This series was funny but at the same tim
Sophia
Audio Review

Things have been building toward a furious storm since the beginning between Mac and Henry, but sorting their personal life must come back seat to the storm swirling around them in the form of murder, set up, on the run, crazy shenanigans, and straight up bad luck. I love this series for its light, but gritty romantic suspense, cunning use of Shakespeare, and colorful, engaging characters.

This is the final book in a trilogy that really must be read in order to get the most out of i
Elyxyz
Aug 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Voto: 4.5 stelline.
Un’ottima conclusione per una bellissima serie.
Credo che sia stato fatto un bellissimo lavoro nel chiudere tutte le cose in sospeso e far crescere i personaggi senza snaturarli. La trama è adrenalinica, ricca di colpi di scena e di imprevisti, fughe, traditori, amici e nemici, problemi da risolvere e fatti drammatici con cui venire a patti.
Ho amato il legame fra Henry e Mac e ho ammirato la pazienza del nostro agente, perché Henry è davvero un personaggio complesso e complica
Christi Snow
Oct 10, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
My Review:
Aww, this has been a great series. Mac 'n Cheese...I do love Mac and Henry and they are most definitely one of the most unlikely couples around, but their romance works.

This book had them at Mac's home hiding out from the FBI while they worked together to clear Mac's name since he's being framed for multiple crimes including murder. There are some difficult things that happen in this book. Henry...once again, this guy just needs a good hug and serious long streak of freaking good luck
BWT (Belen)
Belens Audio Book Review

More than anything else, Nick J. Russo's narration of this series has been the icing on a pretty fantastic cake. The narration continues to take center stage and entertain the hell out me.

Mac and Henry are back and the story picks up just where the Merchant of Death left off with Henry convincing Mac to run from OPR and the set-up that can ruin his career. Mac takes Henry and his twin sister, Viola, back to Altona and Mac's family's farm to hide out and regroup.

All of the dangling threads of t
Jewel
I've really enjoyed this series. Mac & Cheese (Henry's idea for a TV show about their adventures, with Henry, of course, being Cheese) were amazing and I throughout the whole book, I was wondering how the hell they were going to get out of this!

Mac and Henry are on the run because of the frame job someone has going for Mac. Mac really doesn't have many places to go, though, so they end up at his family's farm in Altona. A farm that was originally built by bootleggers during prohibition, thou
Gina
I loved this one! Gimme more "Mac and Cheese", Please please tell me this is not the end!!
Mare SLiTsReaD Reviews
Thank you Netgalley via Riptide Publishing for the e-copy of these books!

I have mad author love for both Lisa Henry and J.A Rock. My 1 wish is that someday I get to be in a room when they are plotting their next joint story. Whether they are going for dark, sad and twisted or fun with fisting :) you’re sure to get a dose of greatness. I was honoured to be able to Beta read Another Man’s Treasure for these 2 ladies. A dark and twisted book that left me feeling a little desolate. I was able to pr
Tamika♥RBF MOOD♥
2nd reread 6/5

Hmmm, while I can appreciation the events surrounding the book, I feel slightly disappointed by Henry's & Mac's future sort of. I know Henry has all these trust issues but I literally wanted to strangle him because he was being difficult on purpose and I feel like he took Mac for granted alot in this one. Mac put his life, career and everything else on the line for Henry & Vi and I didn't think that Henry took that series. The big surprise of who was after Mac, rea
Vanessa North
Jun 14, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This series was an absolute blast to read. It was funny AND fun, and full of action and shakespeare references. It was smart and incredibly well-paced.

I would happily read dozens of books about Mac and Henry. <3
BR book #3 - Sofia, Maya, Bev and Ingela 64 15 Mar 11, 2015 01:38PM

• Darkness (Common Law, #3)
  • The Boy with the Painful Tattoo (Holmes & Moriarity, #3)
  • Trowchester Blues (Trowchester Blues, #1)
  • Not My Spook! (Spy vs. Spook, #2)
  • Every Move He Makes
  • The Best Corpse for the Job (Lindenshaw Mysteries, #1)
  • Blow Down (The Plumber's Mate, #4)
  • Spook Squad (PsyCop, #7)
  • Dirty Deeds (Cole McGinnis, #4)
  • With This Bling (Romano and Albright, #3)
  • Spin Out (Deputy Joe, #2)
  • Crash & Burn (Cut & Run, #9)
  • Home Work (Life Lessons, #3)
  • Double Down (Shadow of the Templar, #2)
  • Bitter Legacy
I like to tell stories. Mostly with hot guys and happily ever afters. They gotta work for it though. No free lunches on my watch.

Playing the Fool (3 books)
  • The Two Gentlemen of Altona (Playing the Fool, #1)
  • The Merchant of Death (Playing the Fool, #2)