Start by marking “Devastated (Anger Management, #1)” as Want to Read:
Devastated (Anger Management, #1)

Devastated

(Anger Management #1)

Bestselling author R.L. Mathewson takes on the impossible with the Anger Management series.

For readers who love to see someone who’s been to hell and back finally get their happy ending.

Sometimes you have to go through hell to get what you want…

Everyone has something in their past that they’d like to forget, but for Kylie Davis there’s n
Published October 25th 2019 by Rerum Carta Industries, Inc

Start your review of Devastated (Anger Management, #1)
Ira
4.25 stars.

Well then, it was clear from the series title, this hero probably was an asshole and he was!
That’s why I wanted to read this book, 😂

And the heroine?
I think she has a spine of steel.
She survives that years of abused with her intelligent intact, if someone telling her she is a doormat. I dare those people to be in this heroine’s shoes and see how they would react in her situation. She need therapy, that’s for sure but she strong in her own way and sh
 Leo (Queen of the Rants)
Debbie DiFiore
Oct 27, 2019 rated it really liked it
He's not angry he's my lover

The anger really didn't make this dark. The same sense of humor resonates in this book as it does in the Neighbors series. I loved the hero and the heroine. She had been thru hell but God gave her Hunter. I loved how he loved her. She uses a lot of the same shtick she uses in neighbors and I like it. The calling her by the wrong name, the throwing her over his shoulder, the intensity of his love for her reminded me of the Bradfords. But that's not a bad thing to m
Jenny - TotallybookedBlog
Oct 31, 2019 rated it really liked it

4.5 Stars

‘He’d never been afraid of anything in his life, but God, she fucking wrecked him. She made him want things that he’d never wanted before, never thought he needed in his life, but now…He craved them.’

Devastated by R.L Mathewson has shot itself right into our top reads by this Author. We absolutely loved it. Having been huge fans since 2011, we found Devastated to have the trademark humour of RL Mathewson which we love so much, but with a brand new mature and emotional twist to her writing. There’s no question th
 B.E.Love
Oct 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
4 1/2 stars great book. I love this author but haven't read one of her books in awhile but after reading this one I am wondering why more and more.
Jeannifer Anderson
Oct 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
She always delivers!

I'm gonna start this by saying that I read a lot. Like between 3-6 books a week lot. Every day a lot. I don't have little kids at home and currently I don't work, so I def have time. Even when my life circumstances have been different, I'm the you're if reader that will routinely read until one or two in the morning if a book is good even knowing I'd have to get up for work a few hours later. Frankly, I'd read more but my hubby isn't a reader and wants my attention on him whe
Michelle
Oct 29, 2019 rated it liked it
3 Stars!
I’m sad I didn’t love this book. It was just an ok read for me. I honestly thought we were getting a new series. 🤷🏼♀
This had too much of the same thing in the Neighbors From Hell books.

Him throwing her over his shoulder.
Him angry, grouchy and moody to everyone but her.
Him possessive of her.
Her having an obsession with food.
Them sleeping together but only sleeping. lol
Bla bla bla...same book and style just a different title and characters.
It dragged! I kept lo
Lydia
Oct 29, 2019 rated it did not like it
Hero is pretty much abusive. He is mean as shit. He treats her HORRIBLY and gets mad that her family and ex treated her badly. Hypocrite much? Hero was a manwhore and heroine was pretty much a virgin

It makes me sad that women find this type of behavior as charming or romantic. This bully romance type of stuff has to stop. Real talk, some of you need therapy.
Rachel
Oct 25, 2019 rated it liked it
Safety anyone?
Emily
Hunter O'Mallery has a temper and its that legendary temper that gets him put under house arrest with a live in assistant he does not want. When Kylie Davis shows up to move in and work, Hunter does his best to not make her feel welcome and to try to get her to leave. Until one day Hunter finds that he wants to solve the puzzle of Kylie but when he does then what?

I don't want to divulge much of this one because it is completely different then R.L. Mathewson's other books. This was a
*~* Susie
Oct 26, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2019
All the goodness from this author, with some added depth.

I always love the humor from this author, but this time, we get a bit of a Dark storyline in Kylie's background. True, it was a little unbelievable, but certainly added to her character.

I would've liked more on the why's and background on Hunter's anger, since I felt that was the basis of the story and this new series.

Overall, I fell in love with both main characters and can't wait to read the next in this series.
Whispers From
Oct 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Kylie has tried to run from her past but it keeps catching up to her. She is hired as an assistant for a man and has to live in his house for a year. Hunter is in trouble this time and there’s no getting out of it. He gets arrested, has to spend a year on house arrest, go to anger management and hire an assistant. Kylie has been to hell and back. The only thing she has done, was be born. Now she’s working for a jerk who calls her by a different name each time and is about to drive her crazy. As ...more
Gitte TotallyBookedBlog
Oct 31, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2019

4.5 Stars

Alyssa
DNF @ 44%

Ugh I feel like my brain is rotting from reading this book. This is just one of those books that's so poorly written, not developed at all, randomly skips through times, and is filled with useless scenes that don't progress the story. The main guy is a total ahole in the beginning and somehow for no reason begins warming up to the main girl. I could maybe see this developing into a pretty cheesy love story where it gets a bit more bearable to read once the characters actuall
Raine
Oct 27, 2019 rated it really liked it
Good new series

This book as more serious than most of Ms. Mathewson's other books especially the Neighbor From He'll series. Hunter was a bit uncaring and unkind in the beginning...ok, let's face it he was a complete douchebag! Slowly, though, Kylie ended up winning him over and he soon began to feel protective of her. The thing with her family was a bit weird and crazy.

I am interested in finding out about Ryan's story that we was a tossed in at the end of the book. His new secret
Brittany
Oct 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Oh my goodness!! I can not gush about this book enough. Seriously, it's not to often that I love a book enough to actually contact the author to express my love for their book, BUT I so did with Devastated.
I shot off an email to Rylie before I had even made it halfway to gush about how much I loved this book.

This isnt your typical R.L. Mathewson book, if you are a fan of Mrs. Mathewson's books you know they hold a quite a bit of humor. This book holds a lot of anger. But please
Sorhija
Oct 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Great read :)
Kami
Oct 28, 2019 rated it did not like it
This was bad on so many levels. So disappointing.
Skylar
Oct 30, 2019 rated it really liked it
3.75
Not as good as I'd hoped. Sometimes, Mathewson switches scenes and it takes me as moment to decipher the change. Other times, there is just extra extra. I enjoyed the book and loved the H. I will definitely keep up with this series.
Casey Leigh
Oct 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A long awaited amazingly thought provoking emotional read by the awesome R. L. Mathewson. As is normal, thus book had to be consumed in one straight sitting (or as near to as I could manage), very different from other genres this author has previously written and executed extremely well.
Characters of strength and heart, charming and witty banter give highlights to the much deeper backstory and roller coaster of emotions the reader will feel along with the characters.
A definite must read f
Renee
Oct 26, 2019 rated it really liked it
Still kept that rom com flavor even with some difficult subject matter

At the beginning of this book, the author includes a note on how this book has taken a long time and an evolution to get to this point. I can see why. It has all the classic humor, cute moments, and grumpy hero antics we all have come to know with a Mathewson book but this one also touches on difficult subjects which you wouldn’t necessarily think would be in a rom com. However, it worked in this book.

Hunter O’M
Mtve41
First time trying this writer. Definitely the last. Mediocre writing at best. Forced humour that wasn’t funny. The storyline had a LOT of potential which the writer didn’t even go close to developing. It felt like traversing a maze blindfolded.

Often times a new chapter started with a new scene and there’d be no correlation to judge if it was the same day/ the next day/ another time in the future. How did the past scene end or what was the outcome of the last conversation. Abrupt writing style a
Priscilla Earle
Oct 27, 2019 rated it did not like it
I genuinely like this author, and usually like most of her books, but this one fell short for me. First, this an exact replica of all the books from Neighbor From Hell. Literally same phrases and dialogue. It got old fast and just seemed sloppy after a certain point. Second, what’s with all the cussing?? The F word was on every page multiple times. I didn’t even feel like I was reading English at one point. Where is the witty dialogue and banter between characters? Dialogue that is human and rel ...more
Ria Pace
Oct 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
There hasn't been anything that R.l. has written that I don't luv, but after a 7yr wait have to say it was worth it....
Hunter and Kylie are complete opposites, his got the issues and she the golden heart with ALOT of family crap thrown in.
He tries irritating, annoying, dismissive and down right being jerk, but she works out how to handle him and slowly he softens to her (but no one else)....
This story happens over a year period and jumps a month here and there but you don't lose any
Charity Thornhill
Oct 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Another wonderful hit! I absolutely love the Neighbor from Hell series, didn’t think anything could make me laugh like that series did, ABSOLUTELY WRONG!
Hunter...he’s a likeable asshole! Kylie’s a stronger woman than me, I would have found ways to absolutely mangle him!!
Either way, side characters are amazing, they all play a role and each is just as amazing as the next.
Back to how funny this book is...it’s amazing.
Favorite part: puppet
Least favorite: her parents...I know it’s fiction, but
Maya V
Oct 30, 2019 rated it liked it
Not bad

While I love the Neighbors from Hell series ,especially the first ones, that book didn't really hit me that hard. That was the usual funny humor for the characters and the situation was horrible for her. These kinda horrible people are really out there but no one addresses them. I was more intrigued by the last few pages with Ryan trying to hire an assistant. That story would really interest me. More actually then what I read sample from furious. Which would be a next book, I guess?
Cassidy
Oct 25, 2019 rated it liked it
3.5 STARS

This is the first book in the Anger Management series. The hero gets put under house arrest and the heroine is hired to be his assistant. I have mixed feelings about this one. There were times I was hooked on every word and times I was a little confused. Sometimes I felt like a little more background would be helpful. There is something about these author’s books that being a unique quality. It’s always an interesting read.

I voluntarily read an early copy.
Crystal LoCicero
Oct 26, 2019 rated it liked it
It had some great feels.

This book had the making to be great, but I felt lost while reading and it left me wondering if I missed a novella or a book before this. The H lawyer and shrimk friend...I need more of a backstory. The h family story is very vague and I needed a bit more. Go dark, if the story is dark. Also, I never did understand the anger issuesof the H. There are still so many questions. But I did love the characters and their banter.
Karina
Oct 30, 2019 rated it liked it
3.5 Stars...
Beth
Oct 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Great new series

This was a great start to RL Mathewson’s new Anger Management series. Exactly what you would expect from this author and if you haven’t read anything by her but are looking for a funny romantic comedy then this is your author. I can’t wait for Furious to be released and I hope Ryan and Grey also get their own stories.
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »

• Level Up (Violent Circle, #5)
  • Zero F*cks (Violent Circle #4)
  • If You Say So (KPD Motorcycle Patrol #6)
  • Gypsy Rising (All the Pretty Monsters, #5)
  • Sinners are Winners (KPD Motorcycle Patrol #5)
  • Infatuation (Underground Kings #4)
  • Fast Lane
  • Make Me (KPD Motorcycle Patrol #4)
  • Awk-Weird (Ice Knights, #2)
  • Gavin's Song (Road to Salvation: A Last Rider's Trilogy, #1)
  • Catching Him (How to Catch an Alpha #1)
  • Gypsy King (Tin Gypsy, #1)
  • Dirty Letters
  • The Boss Who Stole Christmas (Reindeer Falls, #1)
  • Quiet Man (Dream #0.5; Dream Man, #4.5)
  • Slay All Day
  • Park Avenue Player
  • A Lie for a Lie (All In, #1)
Hello, my name is R.L. Mathewson :)

Before I tried my hand at writing I was a receptionist, cafeteria worker at the college I attended, museum worker, bellhop, and about a dozen other different things that are pretty embarrassing so we're just going to skip over those things and pretend that they never happened ;D

At some point I got a little direction in my life and tried my

Anger Management (2 books)
  • Furious (Anger Management, #2)