Start by marking “When the Storm Ends” as Want to Read:
When the Storm Ends

When the Storm Ends

Beth thought her violent childhood was something she left in the past—until she met Erin. Now the abuse of her step-father has returned in terrifying nightmares.

Beth became a child psychologist so she could help children who are broken and hurting, but Erin, the fifteen-year-old who killed her father, is different. If Beth can’t reach her and find out why she did it, Erin
Published October 6th 2018 by Purple Angel Press

To ask other readers questions about When the Storm Ends, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about When the Storm Ends

Start your review of When the Storm Ends
Whispering Stories
Oct 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Book Reviewed by Linda on www.whisperingstories.com

When the Storm Ends, reminds us that not all children are brought up in a loving, stable home, protected from evil. It is a heart wrenching tale of physical and mental abuse. It also shows us that good can be achieved after a childhood of depravity.

The book is very well written with good tone and use of language. It is easy to understand the writers thoughts through her story. Rebecca L Marsh delves into very dark places but shows us there can
Jayasree B
Nov 08, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: my-e-library
It all begins with Beth, a child psychologist who is presently helping solve a case. Erin, a fifteen-year-old is behind bars for killing her father. Only, she does not say a word about why she did it. Beth's job is to help find the cause. As she delves into the case, demons from her past spring out of the woods. Circumstances are eerily familiar between the past and the present.

Rebecca L Marsh gives us a great plot, her characters and writing enliven every page. You cannot help be stuck with the
Alicia
Mar 05, 2019 rated it really liked it
Erin Clifton is being held in juvenile detention pending her day in court for murdering her father, James. Her attorney, Lisa, is friends with child psychologist Beth Edgewick and has hired Beth to talk to Erin to try to get her to tell them why she shot her father, but Erin refuses to say anything.

The only way Beth believes she can gain Erin’s trust is to tell her about her own childhood. Knowing that this is not only an unconventional method of treatment, but also a bit unethical, Beth forges
Jason Brown (Toastx2)
Aug 26, 2018 rated it really liked it
When the storm ends: pre-release ebook review

Fyi- This book could easily be renamed ‘Trigger warning’ as these are wide swathes of text in which will make readers uncomfortable, even though the overall theme if the book is catharsis.

Too many times, small press books are all potential and terrible follow through. I happily, moved to the top of my reading pile, I was not disappointed. Rebecca L Marsh put together a wonderful novel.

Quick synopsis- Beth Christopher is a child psychologist working a
Energy
Oct 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Beth is a child psychologist tasked with helping a young girl, Erin, to tell her story of why she murdered her father. In the process of getting the scared girl to open up, Beth tells Erin, and the reader her story of survival. Her story of being raised in an abusive home, to bouncing through a few foster homes, of finding family and love.

Beth and her brother Jack did not have it easy growing up. Her mother married an abusive man and made their lives a living hell. When things go too far, they
Challa Fletcher
Sep 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Beth Christopher uses her own childhood abuse and survival to get a new client to speak up about her own issues. Beth gets answers she need , including to questions she had forgotten so she had.

Wow! Did I love this book. I could not put it down. I loved the subtle for shadowing and the pace of the story. And though as a reader I had an idea early on what happened I was still compelled to read on so that I could get more of Beth's story. The more of her story i heard the more I sympathized with
Mary Ellen Maycann
Apr 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Great read

Good character development . Good plot line. I met the author at McKay books and am glad I downloaded the book
Cathy
Jan 22, 2019 rated it really liked it
The back story in this novel was rather neatly done, I thought. Beth became a child psychologist to help troubled children…her own abusive childhood was her motivation. She finds a challenge in Erin, a young teenager who killed her father. She won't reveal why, and Beth, ducking procedural rules a bit, thinks the only way she can get her to talk is to tell her all about her own childhood. It's risky, but Beth, feels a compulsion to find out the truth and do all she can to keep Erin out of ...more
Carrie Westmoreland Kurtz
Jan 07, 2019 rated it really liked it
When I picked my kindle up to read this book, I couldn’t really remember what it was about. I just knew it was the next one on my tbr list. As I started reading it, I started to remember bits and pieces of the summary. I tend to like it when that happens. Coming into a book with no expectations!

When the Storm Ends had my attention from the beginning. I never had a “just power through the boring part” moment at all! The storyline was very good! Now, there were a few times when I wasn’t completely
Kat
Nov 16, 2019
Ashley
May 20, 2019
Available 1 1 Oct 06, 2018 11:17AM

• The Guy Who Died Twice (Detective D.D. Warren, #9.5)
  • The Wife Test (Brides of Virtue, 1)
  • For Now, Forever (The MacGregors, #5)
  • Vendetta in Death (In Death, #49)
  • Storm Rider
  • Gone (Quincy & Rainie, #5)
  • In from the Cold (The MacGregors, #0.2)
  • The MacGregor Brides (The MacGregors, #7)
  • The Winning Hand (The MacGregors, #8)
  • Missing in Death (In Death, #29.5)
  • Daisies in the Wind
  • Eternity in Death (In Death #25.5)
  • Parent Plan (36 Hours, #11)
  • The Silenced (Krewe of Hunters, #15)
  • Phantom Evil (Krewe of Hunters, #1)
  • Heart of Evil (Krewe of Hunters, #2)
  • Sacred Evil (Krewe of Hunters, #3)
  • The Evil Inside (Krewe of Hunters, #4)
Rebecca L. Marsh is an author of women's fiction and a member of the Paulding County Writer’s Guild. She grew up in the mountains of Western North Carolina, and now lives in Dallas, Georgia, with her husband and daughter.

When not writing or caring for her family (cats and dog included), Rebecca occasionally makes home-made candy and works on her scrapbooks (she is woefully behind).

She is the