Start by marking “I Look at You and Smile” as Want to Read:
I Look at You and Smile

I Look at You and Smile

Jess is unprepared for her attraction towards new downstairs neighbour, Ethan. He seems troubled and mysterious, leaving her both intrigued and wary. She has enough troubles of her own, being stalked by her ex-boyfriend and can’t escape a recurring dream in which she sees herself in danger.

Jess starts to fall for Ethan but isn’t sure if she can fully trust him. There is
Published July 12th 2018 by PublishNation

To ask other readers questions about I Look at You and Smile, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about I Look at You and Smile

Start your review of I Look at You and Smile
Nikki J
Sep 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I was drawn into this story from the first page. Poor Jess, finding out what a lying, cheating scum bag her boyfriend was & deciding enough is enough. Go Jess! She was strong & started a new life away from the drama. Only drama followed her to her new home. I loved Ethan, he was perfect. What more can I say?
Things really hotted up in the second half of the story & the epilogue had a nice twist. A fab read. Five stars.
L. Powell
Oct 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Jumping straight into the action from the first page.
Jess confronts her cheating boyfriend Warren before trying to move on with her life. Enter Ethan. A guy that has his own problems to work through. It’s a story of two souls coming together to help each other though their troubles. And boy are there troubles ahead. With Warren unable to accept that Jess has left him, there is also Ethan’s crazy ex who will stop at nothing to get what she wants.....
A fast-paced read that kept me entertained wi
Rosie J.
Jul 22, 2018 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Romantic Suspense
A woman is fed up with her twice cheating boyfriend and permanently dumps him. He refuses to go away quietly, though she cuts ALL ties with him. The more she says no to a reconciliation, the more he spirals out of control. When she meets a new man there's hell to pay.

This was an engaging Romantic Suspense story from a new to me author.
Christi Whitson
Jan 04, 2019 rated it really liked it
A lovely story with a happy ending

Jess is a woman who tries to see the best in people. She’s very empathetic, and as any empath can tell you, we are easily taken advantage of. When her boyfriend cheats on her in the early days of their relationship, she forgives him. Perhaps foolishly, but most of us have fallen for the excuses or the sob story at some point in our lives. Jess learns from her mistakes, however, and when the cheater shows his colors again, she gives him the boot. Being newly s
Claire Heaven
Oct 08, 2018 rated it really liked it
Right from page one we know that all is not well between Jess and her man Warren, another woman claiming to have his son wants child support and calls their home to ask for it. True or not, it’s not the first time he’s cheated and even an apology and a diamond engagement ring won’t change her mind this time. Exit Warren, enter Ethan who is not as straightforward as she might hope.
This is not a love triangle, I’m not sure what you’d call two people simultaneously dealing with their relentless an
Kristen Granata
Mar 18, 2019 rated it really liked it
Lots of drama & action in this story & I loved it! I was sucked in & kept reading to find out what was going to happen next. Great storyline. Great characters. Awesome read!
Catherine
Sep 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Ethan and Jess are my new favorite couple. Their relationship evolved in a completely organic way and their banter? Goals! The plot rolls out at a steady (even a tad slow perhaps) pace in the first half or so, but the emotional punches and twists in the second half of the book bumped this up to a five star read for me. I’d definitely read more from this author.
C.R. Alam
Mar 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A sweet lovely story. Jessica and Ethan are two people that have experienced broken hearts and deserve to find their happy ending. There are many elements to the story: the sweet and passionate element, the family and friends, the exes, and the suspense element. The author worked them all together well to give the readers this enjoyable reading.

Though, my favorite part of the book is the diversity of the characters (personalities, ethnic backgrounds, and cultures). The main couple is interracia
M.S.
Dec 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing
SO good

I absolutely ate this book up. Exactly the right balance of drama and love story, the characters were so realistic and relatable.

Jess was that woman who’d forgiven a cheater, wanting to believe his promises, only to discover he’d cheated again. With amazing strength, she ends things, and sticks to her guns as he pursues her.

Ethan is Jess’s new downstairs neighbor, and has hit rock bottom after life has thrown him multiple curveballs.

Naturally they’d be drawn
April Kay
Mar 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This was a sweet little story that I would most definitely recommend to fans of contemporary romance -- and doubly so to those who like a little suspense in their stories. I liked and sympathized with Jess immediately, and I was so happy to have a protagonist who knew her worth and knew that she was done for good with her cheating ex, Warren. And when she met her new neighbor, Ethan, I was happy to see that even while there was definitely some instant chemistry, she didn't fawn all over him and ...more
Tori
Jul 30, 2019 rated it really liked it
How do you deal with a broken heart when you find out your live in boyfriend is a cheater? For Jess, she moves away so she will be far enough away where she does not have to worry about run ins with him. She distrusts men and their ability to be faithful.

Jess is running away from her heartbreak. Soon upon moving in she has an awkward first meeting with her neighbor. She is curious about him, but wants to keep her distance. As time progresses and a friendship builds, the story takes off.

Ethan,
Destiny Brown
Jan 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Amazing!

Jessica Ross and Ethan Mancini’s love story begins when she becomes his tenant after escaping the clutches of her cheating, stubborn, and stalkerish ex-boyfriend, Warren. Because of her recent past, her developed trust issues cause her to approach Ethan cautiously, but soon she discovers that their pasts aren’t that different. Ethan suffers depression from a recent, traumatic experience that he still feels very responsible for, but his newfound friendship with Jess brings out his life-l
A. Shea
Dec 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is a romance story with a twist: After a bad breakup, Jess Ross moves to a new town and a new apartment to get away from her cheating ex-boyfriend, Warren. Her handsome new neighbor Ethan intrigues her as he too seems to be escaping something traumatic. The pair develop a friendship-though there is undeniable chemistry between them-and eventually the relationship deepens and becomes so much more. Yet Warren is never far away from Jess, both physically and psychologically, and coupled with a ...more
Andrea
Oct 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: indie
What. A. Gem.
Drama and mystery right out of the gates. Cheating boyfriend. Crazy premonition dreams. You immediately feel for Jess and root for her the second she leaves Warren. Enter mysterious neighbor, Ethan, and all of his baggage that he gradually unpacks. I love the slow burn. You get to witness their friendship and yummy sexual tension which definitely pays off, thank goodness. Hot, hot, hot! Add in psycho stalking exes, family loss, endearing secondary characters, twists and turns, and
Karin Aston
Feb 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This a beautiful love story with just the right blend of suspense, romance and sexiness. Little by little we get to know the characters and become immersed in their lives. It’s nicely written with great word imagery and all the characters are well developed with personalities that complement the story. Really enjoyed it. Well done to the author!
Daphne
Aug 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
I love a good HEA and this book gave that to me. I immediately liked Jess and all the characters were well-drawn. Ethan was intriguing and I loved how we gradually learned more about him as the relationship developed. A well written, nice story with suspense and it made me smile a number of times. I'd like to see more books from this author.
M.J. Vaughn
May 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Oh so good!

Where do I begin with this gem? First, I have a new book bae. Second, I couldn’t stop myself from being so engaged in Jess’ story. She is so genuine and funny and smart. You feel everything that happens with her and her friends because you’re there too. It’s poetic and real at the same time. An amazing job well done.
Jacqueline Gunn
Jun 15, 2019 rated it really liked it

This was a fast-paced read with well-developed characters and a plot that kept me turning the pages. I loved the chemistry between Jess and Ethan and found them both complex and believable. I anticipated the twist in the plot, but it did not take away from the love story between the two main characters. I just adored them.

Highly recommended!
C.L.
Nov 20, 2018 rated it really liked it
As romance novels go I really enjoyed this one. It was interesting and sucked me in enough to keep reading. I liked the heroine and the hero was definitely intriguing. Where were some plot points that I saw coming, but despite that I enjoyed the time I spent reading this story. As a new author - she’ll be one to watch.
J.D. Groom
May 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I thoroughly enjoyed reading this book. It was full of lies, action and drama from the first page. All the characters are so relatable and real, I actually love them all. In fact, I have a new book boyfriend in Ethan!
It was well written, the steamy scenes were on fire and the ending was perfect.
Tiffany Young
Dec 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Gasp!

I never knew I could fall in love with a character like these. Amazing to know that what we truly experience in life is exactly what's in this book. The author touches every emotion I have. I recommended this to all my friends. I absolutely loved it!
Tiffany Winters
Apr 08, 2019 rated it really liked it
This is a nice romance with a dose of thrill thrown in. The writing is good, hitting sweet notes with a little sexy included once the main characters deepen their relationship. The plot twist was a bit easy to predict, but I still enjoyed reading how the author played it out into a happy ending. The action scenes were especially thrilling, written in a way that kept the tension alive. I won't elaborate -you'll just have to see for yourself! The characters are nicely drawn and likable. It was wel ...more
Natalie
Sep 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing
From the moment I read the opening chapter of the book, I knew I would become hooked and fully engaged into the drama and intensity of the relationship between Jess , her mysterious neighbor and ex her who becomes obsessed with her, finding it difficult to accept she has moved on!

I'm not usually a romance fan but this was a compelling and well writen romance drama.
Clare
Aug 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed this book, there isn’t many reviews, so I decided to write a brief one. I loved the friendships and family relationships in this book as well as the love story and suspense. The characters were interesting, and engaging, the chemistry between Jess and Ethan was beautiful. I also like the authors style of writing and that it's a UK interracial romance.
Ives Phillips
Jul 09, 2019 rated it it was ok
There are a few issues with this novel that gave me a great distaste for it, and it didn't help that it was a romance, a fickle genre that can have me either taking it or leaving it (and it's usually the latter with most romances.)

The prose was amateurish, paired with a cliched Lifetime-esque plot of the stalked woman falling for her neighbor. The book was riddled with typos and it felt like I was reading an uncorrected proof instead of what was intended to be a finished piece. There
Louise Choice
Sep 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Great Romantic Thriller

It is not a typical love story. The plot has lots of twists and it made me want to read the book constantly. If you want to buy a good book look no further.
Denise
Jul 27, 2018
Amber Jacobsen
Feb 17, 2019
L'or Malu
Aug 01, 2018
M Reads
Jul 17, 2019
Janine Caroline writes contemporary romance and women’s fiction. Her writing has been described as sexy, suspenseful and twisty with diverse and relatable characters.

Janine has a degree in film, media & cultural studies, and has worked in the editorial, business administration, research and events.

In 2018 she published “I Look and You and Smile” and her second book “Don