Start by marking “Pretty Young Things” as Want to Read:
Pretty Young Things

Pretty Young Things

Greed. Jealousy. Lust.

It all started with a bloody palm and a promise. Words beneath the moonlight that I thought would keep us together. Forever.

Deceit. Betrayal. Vengeance.

I didn’t see it coming. I didn’t think you had it in you. But what was supposed to bury me—break me—simply remade me as something new. Something hellbent on ruining you, my love.
Published January 24th 2019

To ask other readers questions about Pretty Young Things, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Pretty Young Things

KAT ♕ Kitty Kats Crazy About Books ♕
Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic

‘PRETTY YOUNG THINGS' Is a full length romance novel by new to me author Ace Gray.

I don’t even know where to start with this review, such a twisted vengeful read all in the name of jealousy, the story surrounds a group of sun seeking surfer boys, and the girl that was their undoing, misfits that were casted aside by families that mistreated them which sealed their fates.

A pact made as young teens, making them blood brothers, a bond thicker than siblings.

But for one of these boys things jus
Eve Recinella (Between The Bookends)
description

description
First, the cover of this book is AWESOME! I love it!

So, I really enjoy this author's writing. She is pretty much one of the only author's that can get me to read OTT angst, OW drama, and cheating, and enjoy it. So I was super excited to get my hands on this book. Alas, although overall it was an enjoyable book, it just didn't quite hit the bullseye for me. It was a bit too long and slow moving. I am not a fan of when authors skip huge chunks of time, and this happened almost every other chapter.
B.B. Easton
Jan 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Pretty Young Things is an absolute tour de force. Seven points of view. A twenty-year span of time. Secrets and deception and revenge and redeption. Ace took this classic tale and transformed it into a modern day love story of epic proportions. I give it all the stars in the sky, even Cassiopeia.
Kahea
***4 ‘On Every Constellation In The Sky’ Stars***

This one took me on one hell of a rollercoaster, not that I’m all that surprised after finding out that it was based on The Count of Monte Cristo ~ I mean this book on it’s own is chock full of jealousy, greed, betrayal and vengeance as it is ~ but Pretty Young Things took it to another level and there is still apart of me that is still recovering from it

It’s been many, many moons since I read the book (and watched the movie) but the themes of g
Jen~KU Book Reviews
Jan 31, 2019 rated it it was amazing

Wow! Mind blown. Pretty Young Things is gonna be a tough one to review; it’s almost impossible to say anything at all with the risk of spoiling the experience for you!

Four best friends—four blood brothers and a pact. One has it all—the smarts, the looks, the girl. The others should be happy for him, but instead jealousy is a hungry beast, and what was once a family is torn apart by greed and destruction.

Deceit. Revenge. Betrayal.

“Vengeance is a heady thing. It’s the blinding need to punish. The
Bookgasms Book Blog
Jan 05, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: ratula
When I read the blurb to Pretty Young Things I knew I needed to read it. The storyline was riveting and filled to the brim with a hero on a quest for vengeance and filled with volatile emotions including envy, jealousy, regret, hate and love. A mixed up cauldron of messy emotions that demanded my attention. But while the story was engaging, I felt a little lost as there seemed to be so many things happening at once. As a result, this story was a little bit of a mixed bag for me.

Without giving aw
Jill
Nov 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Ace Gray has written a masterful contemporary rehashing of a loved classic. She's upped the ante on our feelings by writing a storyline with added imagination and beautiful betrayal that you can't seem to look away from. Right from the very first pages she paints a picture of friendship and brotherhood that is beyond blood. Enter THE girl. Ugh! This poor girl! Life is fun and sweet for all...until it's not. We have all felt pangs of jealousy or greed or lust, making it understandable to identify ...more
Paperback Princess
*ARC generously provided*
4.5 stars!!!

Oh boy...what a book!!! Without giving too much away Pretty Young Things is a retelling of The Count Of Monte Christo with a little twist and holy hell I was so excited for this book and it did not disappoint.

PYT ...as I like to call it has it all. Love...friendship..betrayal..greed..and revenge and it was glorious!!! I really liked this book a lot..I was sucked into it straight out the gate..couldn’t put it down. On the down side..it did drag in some spots
A Book Lover's Emporium Book Blog
I don’t know how to describe this book. I could not put this book down! The pages had to be turned and I needed to know what was going to happen. It has left me just full of feelings and I have no one to talk to about it.

This story has the absolute worst kind of humans in it and has filled me with hatred and the need for revenge. I felt so confused as to the motives of Danté’s best friends, Danger, Diago and Rousse. What they have done to Danté is completely unforgivable.

The start of this stor
Harloe Rae
Jan 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I've read more than my fair share of romances, and it's safe to say Pretty Young Things by Ace Gray is in a league of its own. I've never had the pleasure of reading something so innovative and unique, yet bringing forward all of my favorite elements. The love between Dante and Mercy is so powerful. The jealousy from his blood brother's is extremely palpable. The redemption is so beautifully created that I was crying. I love this book so much!

Who can pull off 7 or 8 POVs in one book? This author
BLuvsBooks
Jan 26, 2019 rated it really liked it
A tale of vengeance. This is a story of a man realizing he was sent to jail by his friends who he called brothers. I enjoyed the variety of points of view throughout. The reader experiences how each character handles their actions or to take action.
I gave it 3.5 stars because I couldn’t connect with some of the characters however it is an enjoyable read and you will want to know how it ends.
Tre Talbot
Jan 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Mind freakin blown! This story captivated me from the very beginning and all I could do was hold on while I went on the ride of my life. Without giving anything away I will just say that we’re given a story filled with love, revenge and mystery. There will be moments that you’ll be holding your breath as your reading and others where you will love and loathe some of these characters at the same time. Phenomenal read that I couldn’t put down and never wanted to. Not only do I recommend this book ...more
Charli (charlithebookprincess)
Oh boy! This book was a doozy of epic proportions! I really had no idea what to expect when I picked up this book. All I knew was that it was a a Count of Monte Cristo retelling and the cover was calling to me. There was betrayal and revenge plots around every corner and it really did keep me on my toes the entire book.

Dante appeared to be the luckiest man on the planet. He got the good looks, the ability to succeed in school without hardly trying, the woman of his dreams, and the uncanny abilit
Hanna's Book Obsession
Jan 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Wow, wow, wow, wow, WOW!! This book was absolutely out of this world. I am going to say that I have never read "The Count of Monti Crisco" which is what this book is based on. So I really went in to this book blind and it blew my mind!!! It was incredible! I was literally on the edge of my seat the entire book. I was entranced with this story. The suspense is honestly killer. My stomach was in knots just waiting to see what would happen next. Every page is a new twist and I loved every suspensef ...more
Mackenzie Bibliophile
Jan 31, 2019 rated it it was amazing
After a betrayal so intense as that of the one in Pretty Young Things it leaves the reader thirsty for revenge, a deep seeded need to right the wrongs done to so many. Nothing about this story is cut and dry, black and white. There are so many gray areas of what is right versus what needs to be done and the characters keep you on your toes throughout. I was never quite sure what was coming next. And honestly as much as I adored Dante as a main hero it’s is his anti hero transformation that made ...more
Tee loves Kyle Jacobson
This is an amazing retelling of one of my favorite books ever! Ace has brought it to the table and kicked it's arse by her retelling of this story. I am always leery when I read a retelling of a story I love but this one knocked it out the box and I was so enraptured by this story I could not put my kindle down. I kept reading late into the night but I had to know what would happen to Dante and Mercy.

Dante has been wrongfully accused of a crime and imprisoned and while he is imprisoned he is mak
Lager & Lefse Book Blog
Pretty Young Things by Ace Gray is a monster. Ace is a new to me author and I’m so incredibly happy that I got to start my ‘Ace’ experience with this one. There are only a few that I know that could tackle seven different points of view over the span of 20 years. That’s right, 7 POV's in 20 years. It was exquisitely written that I didn’t realize I was in a time warp while doing spin the bottle to determine the next character. Incredibly flawless.

I had to do a quick high school English refresh w

Rebecca
Jan 24, 2019 rated it really liked it
What happens when the people you love most betray you so deeply and so thoroughly that the fallout categorically alters your life, redefining it in inexcusable ways - ways that you would never choose nor be expected to come back from regardless of how far the need for vengeance can possibly take you.

But that’s Dante’s charge…no, that’s not even the right word to describe what he sets out to do because in order to take back his life…in order to right all of the wrongs that have been done to him
Morgan
Jan 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Full Review can be found at http://www.thegraduatedbookworm.com

First, I'd like to thank Ace Gray for sending me a copy in exchange for an honest review! Boy was this book something else! honestly, when I first saw the cover, I instantly thought it was solely a romance novel... but then I noticed multiple men in the background and after reading the synopsis, I definitely wasn't sure what I was in store for!

From the beginning of the novel to the very end, it's a roller coaster ride of emotion. Lov
Carly Wilson
Feb 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This was the first book I’d read by Ace Gray and I absolutely adored it. The tone, the well thought out plot and the raw passion and brutality just gripped me.

The book is about four young men who are blood brothers, the family they’ve never known. There is Danger who like is name is trouble, Diego, Rousse and Dante.

Dante appears to have all the luck in his life, he has the beautiful girl who he is madly in love with, he is good at surfing, racing and a whizz with technology. But little does he k
We Like them Dark **
Jan 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2019-x1f5a4
LOTS of digestion was needed after finishing this book in order to write my review. I feel like I needed a white board with pictures of each character in order to keep everything smooth sailing in the beginning-but it was so, so absolutely worth it reading through this tangled web of greed, deceit, and love.
This author is definitely very detailed in her writing-I was hooked from the very first page, so I don’t think I could imagine saying that the book was too long-because I definitely
queen_of_the_books_18
Jan 24, 2019 rated it really liked it
Arc received,in exchange for an honest review.

I must admit I struggled a little with this book. When I first read the blurb I thought... brilliant it sounds like just the book for me. When I picked it up the first time I got about 10% in and thought I just can’t connect with this book and these characters.

Then I started seeing reviews come in and everyone was raving about the book so I thought I would pick it up and try again and I’m glad I did.

Pretty young things is a modern day story of the
Lozzie
Jan 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Pretty Young Things, a retelling if the classic Count of Monte Cristo is a KNOCKOUT! I was literally hooked to it from the very first page.

I absolutely love retellings, as it makes me curious about the classic. No, I've not read the classic, but this has now changed my mind.

Ace Gray has knocked this novel out of the park. It had flare, and drama, and vengeance. It also had a very fierce and alpha Danté, so swoon!

PYT was an incredible novel that was addictive and full of emotion. I could feel
TheGuideToRomanceNovels
***** 4.5 STAR RATING! *****
New to me Author & Books!

Reading the blurb I was intrigued, and wanted to try something new. Unfortunately upon reading this book, I got a bit lost. Here is why: there was a lot going on (for me) and I was having a little bit of a hard time relating to the characters.

What I enjoyed is the variety of emotions the story held. What a beautiful betrayal! It's a bit of a twist and I enjoyed that. The greed and jealousy was insane here, what i mean the writing part of
Christine Besze
Jan 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I was lucky enough to receive an ARC of this and holy moly! Ace this is good. Like stand up and take a bow good. I really feel like it’s your best work yet. So proud of you my friend and never doubt how amazing of an author you are! Thank you so much for the privilege to read this. I devoured it in one sitting. I swooned, I cried, and my heart damn near beat out of my chest with every word❤❤❤❤ ...more
sl.reads
Jan 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Where do I even begin with how good this book is?! Reading Pretty Young Things was like watching a movie in my head. I did not want to put this book down! There were parts where my heart was beating so fast I didn't know what could happen but I was so engrossed in this story I couldn't wait to read the next page after the next page. This was the best book to buddy read! A must read! And I highly recommend it!
LisaReadsAlot
Mind. Blown.
This is Ace Gray at her best. Hands freakin’ down. I hung on to every word, every syllable, every jaw dropping moment and still wanted and needed more. Pretty Young Things deserves way more than five stars and definitely a standing ovation to Mrs. Ace Gray herself. 👏🏼 Basically, this book is absolutely mind-blowing-fantastically-epic-jaw-dropping-all-the-bloody-hell-stars amazing. Everyone needs to read this book. EVERY. ONE.

5+ ‘My Cassiopeia’ stars!
Lisa Shelby
Jan 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Revenge...Redemption...Love...Hate...Lust...Jealousy. Pretty Young Things by Ace Gray has it all.

So good.

Yes, we know this is a retelling of a classic, and we know where the general storyline will lead, but I still couldn't have expected this roller coaster of a ride. Ace broke my heart and then put it back together in the best possible way.

Rose Croft
Jan 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book!!! Ace killed it!!!!
Happily Mary After
Jan 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Pretty Young Things is a fresh, contemporary twist to The Count of Monte Cristo, and I was captivated from its first page to its last. This angsty, sexy page-turner will have you desperate to find out what happens next when the hero is betrayed by the friends that he considers family and framed for a crime that he didn’t commit. He has to fight to get his life back, to reclaim the love that he lost, and to extract vengeance. There is intrigue, suspense, twists and turns in this story, but it’s a ...more
« previous 1 3 4 next »
  • Worship
  • Key to Hell (Hell Night, #4)
  • Heartless King (Kings of Rittenhouse, #5)
  • A Sticky Situation (Awkward Love #7)
  • On A Silent Night
  • One Night (Butler Cove, #5)
  • Rectify (A Redemption Novel)
  • Iron Trophy
  • Intention
  • Cards of Love: King of Pentacles
  • Hollywood Prince
  • Dream Catcher (Tulsa Thunderbirds, #6)
  • False Hope (False #2)
  • The Last Post
  • The Roots of Us
  • Narcosis Room
  • Vow of Devotion (Vow, #4)
  • Cards of Love: The Fool
Ace Gray is a self-proclaimed troublemaker and connoisseur of both the good life and fairy tales. After a life-long love affair with books, she undertook writing the novel she wanted to read, which culminated in her first release STRICTLY BUSINESS. When she’s not writing, she owns her own business teaching Pilates. She loves rainy days, shellac manicures, coffee shops and bourbon—all of which are ...more