Start by marking “Zosma (The Lost Children of Andromeda - Book 1)” as Want to Read:
Zosma (The Lost Children of Andromeda - Book 1)

Zosma (The Lost Children of Andromeda - Book 1)

An alien refugee. An infinite energy. An approaching apocalypse.

By 2052 A.D., natural disasters have ravaged entire regions and will continue to inflict irreparable damage. Growing dissent among world powers caused the wealthy few to take matters into their own hands to find a solution, but when their efforts fall to ruin, C20, a rogue organization, is formed.

Allister Ada
Published November 1st 2018 by Mascot Books

To ask other readers questions about Zosma, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Zosma

Vivian (Bookish_Angel)
ARC Review: The Lost Children of Andromeda: Zosma

This book is about multiple characters narrated in third POV. Each of their own stories are related to each other and there’s so much action between them. I can't say much but this book is rich in character development and character background story since there’s a lot of characters with each of their own story. It’s kind of like Game of Thrones but in a different setting where in there’s science and technology involved. There’s a society conflict
Sue Brooks
Oct 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Jason Michael Primrose is a new author that I was asked to read. I found his book different but enjoyable.

While reading this you are taken on a journey forward in time - 2052 A.D. You join Allister Adams, a young superhuman, who is searching for Zosma Caster, a missing intergalactic refugee. You follow his journey - with action-packed sword fights - battles with Aliens - and so much more!!! I don't write spoilers - so I will stop there and say you really just need to read this for yourself!!!

Thi
Anya
Oct 07, 2018 rated it did not like it
I'm about 20% into the book and I'm going to give up. It's just not for me. The cover and artwork throughout the book are gorgeous but it's not enough to make a good book.

The description piqued my interest, but my main issue is with the writing style and pacing as well as the characters.
It felt stiff and I often had to read a sentence twice. I always play the story in my head, but I had difficulties through descriptions of surroundings and action scenes. The characters felt flat and I didn't roo
Lorrie Johnson
Jul 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I had the pleasure of Beta reading for Zosma.

I found that the audience will be taken on a thrilling journey of action-packed sword fights and battles with Aliens. The author weaved his storytelling around not only the main character that was written very convincingly but also, wonderfully engaging side characters.

The illustrations were not only well done, but they enable the reader to explore your world within their imagination and make connections between what they have just read and the visua
Kahli S
Aug 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I was part of a beta reading group for Zosma, so read an early version of the novel. I found it to be a smart, sophisticated sci-fi with some thrilling action scenes. There's an ensemble cast of characters at play, and each character is fleshed out and unique - I was particularly impressed with the female characters. The book has a cinematic quality that fans of the superhero genre will be attracted to, tied together by a witty writing style. Raises some interesting philosophical questions, whil ...more
J.D. DeHart
Sep 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This book was as imaginative at its title and cover indicate. One of the aspects of science fiction I love is how deep ideas can be explored in fun and interesting ways — this book is a fine example of that literary trait. A recommended sci-fi title.
pris
Oct 02, 2018 marked it as to-read
Shelves: arcs
ARC provided by the publisher via NetGalley in exchange for an honest review. This does not affect my opinion of the book.
Keith Breyer
Nov 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Fantastic imagination and execution! I cannot wait wait wait wait for the sequel!
Juli
Nov 26, 2018 rated it liked it
Unfortunately this was a book that I had high hopes for and it just fell short.

I got through around 30 pages and the writing style didn't capture me. It felt slow paced and full of unnecessary description that didn't push the story or characters forward.

I feel it would still be a good read for someone who prefers a slower paced book because the plot does sound amazing and that's what's keeping it at an average rating.
Patrick DeWyngaert
Jun 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Immersive World Sets The Stage For Many Adventures...

Zosma is a wonderful first step into the creative vision of this breakout author. Set in the distant future, Jason invites readers into a magical and believable world on the verge collapse. The characters are well thought out and genuinely keep your focus as you follow Zosma, Allister, and the others. A tip of the hat is really due for this eclectic mix of personalities! Feel free to find yourself eagerly turning the pages as I did wondering w
Cynthia (Bingeing On Books)
Apr 16, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: beta-read-books
I received a free copy of this book in exchange for my feedback. This did not impact my review.

I thought this was a fabulous book. I came into this book not really knowing anything about the author, but he is a terrific writer. The plot is fast paced and even though there are multiple POVs, I did not get confused. He did a great job of giving each character his or her own voice. Definitely worth the read!
Samantha Turley
Mar 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: sci-fi
That synopsis completely drew me in. I knew I wanted to read this novel and had high hopes for the story and writing.

A solid Sci-Fi Novel. The premise is unique, which made me excited to read it just from the synopsis. The characters were interesting and compelling yet flawed which is always great to have.

You will not be disappointed by the world Jason Michael Primrose has created and the action and adventure that has come from his imagination.
Milou
Oct 27, 2018 rated it it was ok
I received this book via Netgalley in exchange for an honest review. This does not affect the opinions voiced here.

I liked the idea of this book. A lot. But the execution was poorly done. To the extent that I DNFed it at 47%.

What I mainly missed were clear explanations. There is a lot that happened before the events in this book, which are of big importance. Yet is is never clearly told what exactly happened, who is who, what these superpoweres include, what the different projects and agencies a
Cameron Oler