Start by marking “Future be Damned (Last Hope, #5)” as Want to Read:
Future be Damned (Last Hope, #5)

Future be Damned

(Last Hope #5)

To ask other readers questions about Future be Damned, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Future be Damned

Sakina Carter
Oct 07, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was a great RH series. I don't think any other author can write a RH series with a different female MC and a different harem with each book and still make the series flow like Rebecca Royce. She did an amazing job with this series.

I was happy to finally get Brother Raven story and it did not disappoint. We meet brother Raven and Aspen in previous books and I was glad they were able to get their happy ending.

The concept of this story was really well done and I highly recommend this to any RH
Jennifer G
Aug 29, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Aspen was once a Sister. She was meant to be sent down at the end of days. She was the ultimate hope against the Darkness. But an unintentional betrayal left her with nothing. Sent down to the world as a human, her guards forbidden to go near her, she fought, borrowed, and stole to help the Sisterhood from the outside. She never lost her memories like the other Sisters, so each day was a painful reminder of a life lost, of loves lost. Her Guards refused to accept that destiny and created a path ...more
Linda Levine
Sep 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I have very much enjoyed this series. It has been quite an adventure with lots of surprises and some great characters. This is the final book and does a very good job of tying it all together. I will definitely miss the series.

Aspen story is very different from the others who came to the battle as Sisters. She was meant for a different role but everything changed in a heated moment and she came to the battle as a human. She lost everything when she lost the loves of her life. Now, they have a se
Sydney Hopke
Sep 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing
WOW! What and ending to this series! Everyone is back but this is Aspen and her men's story. Everything led to this moment including what happened before they were sent down. What happens is totally unexpected, I never saw it coming! If you haven't started this series, run don't walk and get the other books so you can catch up. It's a definite must read series!
Jessica Spero
Sep 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I love this author because she has the ability to transport you to a whole different world where you can just get lost in the story. This is the last book of the series and while I never wanted it to end, it was outstanding. Each of these books centers on a female lead, Aspen for this book, and her harem of guards but this is where you see all these amazing empowering women from all the other books in the series come together for the final battle. I can't believe it's over but I'm so glad that e ...more
Karen
Sep 03, 2018 rated it really liked it
This is the fifth and last book in the Last Hope series. All of the other books have been leading up to this final battle with The Darkness. It had been a while since I had read the last book, and when I started this one I realized that I had to go back and re-read that one first. A lot had happened in the last book that I had forgotten and I needed to remember so that this final book made sense. Because of that I would have to say it is definitely not a standalone book. You absolutely have to h ...more
iliana G
Sep 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing
The final book in the Last Hope Series...

It is the end of days...

Aspen has fought, borrowed, and stolen to help the Sisterhood. Though she never forgot where she came from, she never saw where she was going…until now. Now she’s one of them and her guys are with her again. Finally on the right path, they stiill have to forgive each other if they want to take the fight right to the Darkness.

They lost her once…

Reed, Alexander, Stone, Jamie and Gage suffered for a split-second lapse in judgment, an
Irestia
Initially DNF, but I came back to it. This was the story I was most excited for in the series, so I was a bit let down by it.

Semi-positives
• I loved the rejection scene, so I really wish Aspen had made her guards suffer more. Instead, she just decided she would forgive them so she did. That was framed as a good, blessed thing, but I'm not holy and it annoyed me.
• One of the good things about this book was that we finally saw a threesome! It was fairly vanilla, as far as they go, but it still co
 Diana Davis
Sep 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Future Be Damned: A Reverse Harem Paranormal Romance Series (Last Hope Book 5) Kindle Edition
by Rebecca Royce

I received an eARC from the author and I am leaving a honest review
Wow! What a way to cap of the most amazing and strong series I have ever had the pleasure of reading!
Aspen finally comes into her powers. And, like all the amazing that Ms. Royce created for this series, kicks butts and takes the names of her true loves, her four Gaurds.
We have the opportunity to join the character as the
Anna
Sep 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Born to be a Sister but forced to live as a human, Aspen has always felt out of place. Now she finds herself back where she was always supposed to be. Can she get over the betrayal of her five men? Can they forgive her? Will any of it really matter when the end is upon them?

This is the last book in the Last Hope series so we get just what we think we will. The big battle. In order to understand how to win, we have to backtrack and understand all that has happened. We finally get to learn what ha
Rebecca
Sep 16, 2018 rated it really liked it
Spoilers if you didn't read book 4 yet

Aspen has become a sister after Krystal heals her at the end of book 4. Now after all the interactions in the past books we finally get to see what happened between Aspen and her guards which left them separated from each other and Aspen born as a human. The book shows us the final battle between the Sisters and the Darkness hellbent on bringing on Armageddon

The book definitely has some twists that I did not see coming and the ending was a satisfying one. T
Annie
Sep 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loved it, Great ending to the series

Aspen was rejected by her guards when they learned she was to be the Warrior, only wanting to protect her. Reed became Brother Reed. Aspen was sent to the mortal world as a human with her memories intact. Forever forced apart.
Aspen has worked tirelessly to help the sisters. Brother Reed has done the same for the Guards as well as the sisters. Aspen's other men, have been working to reunite with her. Manipulating events to bring Aspen back to them.
Krystel passe
Denise Van plew
Sep 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
When I seen this one by this author I just had to enter in, especially since I had read the others before this. This is also the wrap up with it being one to savor. This author had the ability to take a world and sink a reader into with each one. The fantasy delivered in this series molds to each one being what you feel is what it is all about for them as the title of the series says.
Fitting that a future is set with this one it goes along with hope too. Aspen is whom we encounter the most in th
CarolKat
May 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Aspen is the Warrior, she is the one who has to defeat the Darkness if this world is to survive.

The Ravens aren't anymore, they came together for the first time in years when Aspen got her powers back. Now they have to get Aspen to Anne and figure out what needs to be done.

Aspen finds her powers are different but she has no real training since the decision Reed made so many years ago had her growing up human.

Alexander and Gage had conspired to change the outcome of so many things for so many peo
Pam Louis
Sep 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
It's the end of days a time when demons walked the earth and try to take it over there is one thing that stands in thier way the sisterhood. There the only ones who can fight them
In the last book Sister Krystal sacrifice herself for Aspen. She was the Warrior the one side to become the warrior and yet she was born without powers. Now she was part of the sisterhood with powers she had no idea how to to use.
How is she going to save the world?
The ravens turned guards her men Reed, Alexander, stone,
Jammie Bebout
Sep 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Wow! I have been in love with this series since the very first book, and I am even more in love with it now. I absolutely cannot think of a better way in which this series could have ended. I’m sad to see it end, but Holy Hell! What a way to go out! It all comes back to Aspen and her men. This book answers all of your questions, and believe me, I had an awful lot of questions that have come up throughout this series. This book truly has it all, action, intrigue, angst, romance, and an amazing re ...more
Kathleen Bruce
Sep 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The fifth and final to the Last Hope series, which is a paranormal dystopian Reverse Harem. I'm sad to see an end to The True Sisterhood and all the characters from the previous books. But wow does everyone's story come together to complete Aspen's story. She is The Warrior, the ome who will defeat the Darkness, who we learn more about too! Aspen was sent down without her powers and without her men, a decision caused by Reed. She grew up with her memories as a Sister but was a human, straddling ...more
Kim
Sep 17, 2018 rated it really liked it
Aspen has so much hope that she needs to regain. And her guys have so much love that they need to show Aspen for the rash decisions of the past to be swept away. Aspen is stronger and so much more than she realizes. I really liked that she could be strong while not knowing this, just wanting to help others.

This is part of the Last Hope Series. It really can’t be read as a stand alone. You would lose so much. Even having read the other parts series parts first it took me a little bit to catch up
SJ
Sep 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I borrowed this title on my kindle unlimited subscription

What a fabulous conclusion to an exciting and thrilling series. I love how this last book ties up all the loose ends and brings the story full circle. Each sister had her own story, and her own power, and the series has been building up to this stunning ending one book at a time. There are twists and turns along the way and questions answered. This series has been very cleverly written, I am truly in love with this series and it finishes w
Shannon
Sep 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Wow! Wow! Wow! This last book could not have been better. Even though this is Aspens’s story, it was about all of the sisters. I really loved learning the back story of Reed and her other guards. Their story is wonderful. I loved how all the sisters intertwined in the end and can we talk about that twist at the end? I never saw that coming! Oh my gosh! That had me shouting out loud. This was by far my favorite of the series, but I think it should be. Everything just came together perfectly for t ...more
Valerie
Sep 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This book was just the climax we needed to end this series. Although it's bittersweet knowing this is the end. This series could be really dark at times but each lady had a story to tell and they all suffered to get to their placement in this saga.
Aspen showed up in each tell but she is the one to bring the light back to them all. She was The Warrior, the one who would kill The Darkness.
Ashen was different from the other women. She got to keep her memories. And she did what she could to help th
Donna Hokanson
Aug 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Awesome wrap up

This is the fifth and final book of the series. Best to read in order to get full effect of the story. This is a very well written book to the series and is Aspen’s story but all the other main players are also in this book.
The final battle is about to happen. Will this time be different? Will the sisters prevail or fail? Action packed and very entertaining to read. I highly recommend this series.
Patty
Aug 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing
What a mindblowing ending to an epic series!

Rebecca just amazes me with how her mind works.  After 4 books, you would think you knew everything about this world.  Nope!  I was surprised at how fast this one jumped into where the last one left off.  Then time seemed to slow down while we wrap our minds around the intricate web Rebecca weaves as she finishes this series in a way that leaves you slack-jawed with wonder.  I can't wait to see what Rebecca has on her keyboard next!
Je
Nov 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is the final book of the Last Hope series. It focuses on Aspen and her men.

This is the best book out of the series. It all comes together and gives a slightly bitter sweet, but satisfying end to the series. The author also matured as a writer. The flow of the writing is much better in this book.

This is one of the better and more unique series in the reverse harem genre and definitely worth the read.
Andrea
Sep 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Breathtaking Finale

I’m so very sad this series is ending. On each release day, as soon as the preordered ebook was delivered to my kindle, I closed myself off and would get lost in the story! This one...I haven’t got the words....it absolutely took my breath away! If you haven’t started this series, know that you are missing out on a truly fantastic story!
Alexandra Ragan
Oct 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Oh god.. the end

The last chapter of the Last Hope series left me shook. Completely shook. Aspen is so much more than I thought she'd be - than I think *she* thought she'd be.

Her path was littered with all kinds of land mines, hard turns, heart break.... It was amazing. And that ending is truly the best HEA I've read in a while. So satisfying.
Lindsay
Sep 17, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Review

Each book follows a diffrent heroine, but they are connected. I recommend reading the entire series before this one or a least the one right before it. As the finale it ties up those threads from the other books. I enjoyed the entire series. Lots of twists and turns.
Natasha Hawke
Sep 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
What an ending!

I love this series of books, I read them again and again! Finally the battle is won and our sister's and their men get their hard battled for happily ever after! Cannot recommend highly enough, you will not be sorry for picking these books up
Lisa Book Shelf
Aspen

Aspen the warrior of the Sisterhood finds peace and a new future with her men in the final book of this series. As the question are answered and forgiveness given the sisterhood and Aspen finds a new life where they can have normal lives but never forget there sisterhood.
Casey
Sep 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
What a fantastic last book in this series!!!! Royce has once again wowed me with her amazing skills as an author! This book pulls you in just like every other in their series. If you haven’t started this series you definitely need to start. You won’t be able to put the books down.
« previous 1 3 next »
Author of science fiction, fantasy, and the paranormal.

Last Hope (5 books)
  • Tradition Be Damned (Last Hope, #1)
  • Past Be Damned (Last Hope, #2)
  • Destiny Be Damned (Last Hope, #3)
  • Compassion Be Damned (Last Hope, #4)
“For the entirety of my existence, I’d missed them, and I hadn’t even known it.” 0 likes
“After I killed the Darkness, I was going to the beach.” 0 likes