Start by marking “The Major's Welcome Home” as Want to Read:
The Major's Welcome Home

The Major's Welcome Home

When Kenna Sutton is tasked with driving home newly returned Beck “True Blue” Collier, she expects the strategic Army mastermind to be a pasty number cruncher. Never at a loss for words, Kenna is nonetheless rendered speechless by the gorgeous, hard-bodied and utterly inexperienced Army Major that lands in her passenger seat. Outraged by Beck’s lack of a welcome home after ...more
Published July 15th 2018

To ask other readers questions about The Major's Welcome Home, please sign up.
Recent Questions
This question contains spoilers… (view spoiler)

Start your review of The Major's Welcome Home
Melanie
“I’m welcoming you home, Major”

It breaks my heart to say this, but this was easily my least favorite Tessa Bailey story so far! I will say that I don’t really like military love interests, or love interests that are as possessive as the one in this story, and I especially don’t like it when they like to be called daddy. Full disclosure and all that; my dad is a Marine and I just can’t, friends, I just can’t. So, I think many people will enjoy this story more than I did, but I really need to just s
Alex ♈
Jul 16, 2018 rated it really liked it
3 stars + 1 extra star for reversed roles scenario.

Short quiz based on my reading experience:

How many books with virginal heroine have non-virginal hero?
---> 98%

How many books with virginal heroine have very experienced hero?
---> 97%

How many books with virginal heroine have virginal hero?
---> 1,5 % (2%?)

How many books with virginal heroes have non-virginal experienced heroine?

---> 0,000001% incl. this one

The last point is actually the reason I read this book.
And I loved loved loved that he was a virgin and she wasn’t – incredibly amazing!

Very cool and strong heroine.(2%?)
How97%
Howexperience:
Howscenario.
Short
♡Tonya♡
Jul 15, 2018 marked it as not-happening
Shelves: virgin-hero
Call me a hypocrite, but if the hero is a virgin my heroine must be too. Also, the hero carries around a picture of his ex in his wallet No thanks
 Leo (Queen of the Rants)
Jul 16, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: safe
Give me an experienced heroine any freaking day and I’ll happy for the rest of my life.
Hero was a good man, respectful to the heroine. I was loving the heroine, she was strong and the best of all she wasn’t a shy little virgin who hid under covers, blushing because the hero wanted to have sex with her.
I loved how "forward" or "aggressive" she was. But they lost me when out of nowhere the daddy kink came out. It was unexpected I was like

description

But overall I did enjoy the book. I didn’t even roll my e
Princess under cover
Mercy!

This hot little novella was EXCELLENT!

LOVE BECK. One of the best alpha male virgin heroes I've met in recent history. How that man got to 26 without getting screwed out of his mind by enterprising women is beyond me. Lucky for our heroine Kenna.

"Get up on my cock where you belong."

YES SIR!

Not much going on here besides the two MCs' relationship and that's just fine. Loved every bit of it. They both have personalities I like. Their
Celestine
Jul 25, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: contemporary
Ode to the Backseat of Kenna's Car
This book is all kinds of lusty.
Talk is so dirty, it's dusty.
After a scorching hot ride in a way cool car,
These two strangers go entirely too far.
Hero Beck flashes a shocking V-Card,
Until naughty girl Kenna slams him hard.
When she blissfully climbs his rigid pole,
He nosedives down the rabbit hole.
The story rounds out with alpha sex kinks -
And one part that truly, cringingly clinks.
You'll find yourself wonder
PointedlyBlunt
Aug 01, 2018 rated it really liked it
It's got everything:
Experienced heroine, virgin hero that gets SUPER excited every time he touches the h, safe read, and it has low angst but isn't boring.

I only wish it were longer.
Alba and Her Secrets..♥
3.5 'Welcome home, Major' Stars!

A quick and sexy fix by Tessa Bailey is always welcome in my reading time. I found out she was releasing this short story again (it seems it was part of an anthology first) and you all know I am always ready to read anything by this woman because I love her stories and characters so much.

Yes, this is not my favorite piece of writing by Tessa but it was a good and oh-so-hawt novella to read between novels. I love a dirty talking hero and it definitely surprised
Jacob Proffitt
Jun 29, 2019 marked it as unfinished
I picked this up because it was short (i.e. low risk) and I've liked some of Bailey's books before. I'm dnfing at 80% because I can't take another sex scene. And no, the cover didn't actually tip me off that this is more Erotica than Romance. I checked and the cover copy and category tags just didn't line up with erotica, to me. But it is that, at least on my steam scale. At 80% we've had three not-short sex scenes that were, um, adventurous. And highly unlikely.

I think I'll still gi
Madalyn (Novel Ink)
Jun 27, 2019 rated it it was ok
Shelves: own-ebook
I love Tessa Bailey, but this one just was not for me.
Chitra *CJ*
"The Major's Welcome Home" is the story of Beck and Kenna.

In this story, we had Tessa Bailey delivering her magical smut with a hero returning from army who turns out to be a virgin, a military "brat" who receives him, and a chemistry so hot that there is literal dick bouncing.
Though virgin heroes are one of my biggest pet peeves, and add that to a semi-promiscuous/experienced heroine is a combo I would normally never touch- this was a TB so ofc I wasnt going to skip it- and Im
Jos
Jul 15, 2018 rated it liked it
Ehhhh just ok

I love Tessa bailey's books and although this was not a favorite, it was still "ok". For me, Kenna was too "aggressive" a bit of a turn-off for me:(
Coco.V
Jun 26, 2019 marked it as to-read
Shelves: freebie
🎁 FREE on Amazon today (6/26/2019)! 🎁
AvidReader
Feb 12, 2019 rated it really liked it
Virgin, shy hero and bold, colorful, leather clad, experienced heroine.
And scorching hot!!
Recommended.
Julie Zantopoulos
Jul 24, 2019 rated it it was ok
Shelves: read-in-2019, ebooks
I am a Tessa Bailey fan but this ain't it. This was a shorter novel about a war hero returning home to a sex bomb of a General's daughter who has a no fly policy on sleeping with any of the soliders on base. But she just can't help but drop to her knees and suck away the hurt in his eyes when nobody's there to welcome him home. Which leads to True Blue getting all macho and dominant and possessive and this spiraled into a book about daddy issues where she calls the love interest Daddy and we win ...more
Anna
Jun 29, 2019 rated it it was ok
I was so happy when I started to read this book: sweet and possessive hero, virgin beautiful inside and out hero, experienced sassy heroine... Together they were as hot as fire!!!
But... This was till hero said: "I'm your daddy, your dirty daddy, and you are my little girl'...
Author, why did you put this sh*t ??!!!
Why? WHY??!!!

Safe read, no OP scenes, no cheating. It was my first book from this author and I'll look forward for more.
Sometime
Jul 03, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: kindle-unlimited
This was a nice little treat on KU.
Heather❀Book and a Blanket❀
So sweet and so sexy! A sweet well mannered, dirty talking, virgin millitary hero! Yes please!
Steph's Romance Book Talk
4.25 Stars / 4 Steam Fans / Oct 19, 2019

The narrator for the podcast elevated the story just a little bit more.

4 Stars / 4 Steam Fans / Sept 7, 2019

This was a fun and sexy change of pace from what I am use to from Tessa Bailey. I enjoyed the semi-insta-love start to this story. Kenna is off limits and Beck is returning home from overseas. I loved that they both had issues to overcome and it wasn't simply about sex.

This specific video review will be included in the September 2019 wrap-up.

For
Kayla Brunson
Oct 15, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: erotica, read-in-2019
I was pleasantly surprised by this short read! I’m starting to think that I will only like a Tessa Bailey book if it’s absolutely filthy and friends, this sure was! I would have given this 5 stars if it wasn’t for a few issues.

The steam was immediate as soon as these two met and they really could have started a fire with the sparks they kept throwing around. I think they were what they other needed. Kenna, even though she didn’t want to admit it, was a nurturer. After some of the things that Be
Vanessa
This author can just about do no wrong in my eyes. Absolutely delicious sex scenes!!
bella ϟ  [ bella farren ]
3.5 / 5 (so close to 4) stars

God this was good. It was the most addictive blend of achingly tender and so, so smutty. I loved it. It took me a little while to warm up to the heroine, but I stuck with it and was rewarded greatly. Tessa Bailey writes spectacular full-length novels, and now I can say she does short novels/novellas just as well.

Devoured this and I regret nothing. (Also, I immediately went out and spend $30 on kindle buying her books, so I'm thinking a TB binge may be on the horizon)
Sejla
Aug 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing
5 stars for this super short and sexy read!
Kimberly
Reissued 7/15/18. 99 cents on Kindle and half of release week proceeds going to Type 1 diabetes research!
French Press Bookworm Blog
It was cute... no real depth but if you want a hot and easy read this might hit the spot
Ally.Always.Reads
Jul 24, 2018 rated it really liked it
Quick and easy read.
HOT HOT HOT
BJ
Jul 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: loved-it
Wow - 10 stars. It's a great story with angsty characters. Very fast pace, the H is returning from active duty, and he's a virgin having been dumped by this long term sweet heart. The h is young, and a tough army brat. She been hurt by her selfish parents, and is not wanted but doesn't quite see that others respect her. The H shows her how a Daddy treats his girl, and she loves it. So do I.
Valentine
Well well well, what a lovely surprise!
Loved the virgin H and experienced h.
Absolutely brilliant and refreshing.
Didn't like the end, it was too rushed and the Daddy kink at 80% was unnecessary.
Safe.
Melody Cox
Jul 02, 2019 rated it really liked it
What a good book. I really enjoyed this a great deal. It is almost like a once in a lifetime to have a hero who is a virgin and the heroine who is not.

Definitely recommend this!!
nikki
Jul 23, 2018 rated it really liked it
“It couldn’t be typical, this impact she had on him. Like ten smooth sets of hands stroking over his body at the same time. He shouldn’t be anxious to get those green eyes on him. Shouldn’t regret he hadn’t thrown her onto that damn bed yesterday, given her the kind of fucking he ached to dole out. The kind he’d watched on his laptop screen, where the female grew sweaty and moaned for the man to thrust harder, her ass shaking with the impact. No, he definitely shouldn’t be thinking about that.” ...more
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »

• On The Dock
  • All I Am (A Farmers' Market Story, #2)
  • Untameable Rogue (Bennett #4)
  • Find My Way Home (Homefront, #3)
  • Untying the Knot
  • The Letter (Calendar Men, #7)
  • Fixing Freddie
  • A Curvy Girl for the Cadet (Perfect Fit, #4)
  • Breaking All the Rules
  • Inside Bet (Vegas Top Guns Book 2)
  • The Man Behind the Scars (The Santina Crown #4)
  • The Officer Says "I Do" (Semper Fi, #1)
  • Robert's VP
  • A Little Bit of Hot (Out of Uniform, #9.5)
  • Who Needs a Hero? (The Misadventures of the Laundry Hag, #0.5)
  • Hard Knocks (Practice Perfect, #2)
  • The Girl He Knows (No Strings Attached, #1)
  • The SEAL's Best Man (Special Ops: Homefront, 2)