Start by marking “Artistic License” as Want to Read:
Artistic License

Artistic License

Steven Goldsmith et James Evans partagent tout : leur galerie sur Madison avenue, leur passion pour le beau et leur fascination pour la talentueuse Laura Sweet.
Mais Laura Sweet a un secret : elle a reproduit à la perfection des chefs d’œuvre détruits pendant la guerre.
Lorsqu’un marchand sans scrupule vend l’une de ses créations à Goldsmith & Evans puis menace de tout rév
Published July 12th 2018 by Lady O Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Artistic License, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Artistic License

Start your review of Artistic License
Merry Chapman
Jul 28, 2018 rated it really liked it
This is a very well developed and thrilling tale of suspense, romance and a fast moving plot that draws you into it and you keep turning pages until the very surprising ending! I thoroughly enjoyed the story and cheered at the end. The only thing that held me back from the 5th star was there is graphic sex, I don't usually read books with graphic sex, romance yes, but sex - no. Regardless though I was so invested in the story that I had to see how the story turned out! I received an ARC from the ...more
Cheryl   Graham-Petit
Aug 02, 2018 rated it really liked it
Tragedy, secrets, a dark past, danger, suspense, sexy scenes, love... everything an intriguing, romantic, erotic ménage romance book should have.

I voluntarily reviewed an advance reader copy of this book.
Valeen Robertson (Live Thru Books Blog)
Laura Sweet is a talented artist, mentored by her elderly neighbor, Maurice. She's young and naive, though, and doesn't realize until too late, that Maurice has drawn her into the corrupt world of art forgery. When she meets two of Maurice's brokers, Steven and James, and they fall into a relationship, she's on top of the world. But it soon comes crashing down on her, as Charles, Maurice's brother, blackmails her into continuing her forgeries, which could be the death of James and Steven's reput ...more
Tianna McPherson (Anna Lee)
Aug 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This was my first time reading a book by Oliva Rigal and I must say she has me transfixed and so excited that I want more. Her writing style is so warm, inviting and true that you get lost in her words. I this story we meet Laura, James and Steven. Three people who each have their own story to tell but we learn more about Laura. She's a 17 year old girl who loses everything in one moment and can't believe she now has nothing. She moves and meets this gentle old man who teaches her what's she nee ...more
Tara Peters
Dec 28, 2018 rated it really liked it
Laura is a young woman who lost her entire family one fateful day. She moves to Florida to live with the only living relative she has, unfortunately, her aunt is a mean woman. When she meets Richard and James, she talks art and is attracted to both of them.
For a few years she sees both men on a professional level, but when her mentor dies, everything changes. Charles, a man that no one likes, but they work with because he brings them high end art work, has secrets and forces Laura to do somethin
Kristin
Aug 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I really loved this story. I had always wondered how Laura, James and Stephen got together. It was great to see the origin of their romance. Laura has been through so much. To lose your entire family in one day is a tragedy I cannot imagine. She is shipped off to live with her aunt who clearly doesn't like her or want her around. The only saving grace is Maurice who sees her talent and teaches her everything he knows. Little does she know, he is drawing her into a terrible world where she both h ...more
Marissa
Aug 02, 2018 rated it really liked it
ARC Kindle Copy from Booksprout

Story of a young teenager who parents kill themselves and is force to live with her estranged aunt. She finds herself working for her next door neighbor who is restores paints. In her employer’s company she meets his brother as she ends up in the world of art forgery.

Along the way, her path again crosses with two men who jointly own an art gallery she had entered on the fatal day her parents death. She ends up falling for the both of them as they form a ménage a tr
Aug 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Artistic License is a page turning romantic suspense story that you will not want to put down once you start. We meet Laura at a young age and follow her through the tragedy that takes place in her life and then finding her love of art through the help of a friend. Then we meet Steven and James, who are partners in an art gallery. And I don't want to give too much away about Laura, Steven, and James as they form their relationship.

I enjoyed reading this book about the early lives of these three.
K. Smock
Aug 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing
There is Laura who has gone through lots of tragedy in her life. Finding her family dead at a young age then being thrown into a situation where she is not really wanted, she leans on a neighbor who shows her a craft. Then there are Steven and James who own a gallery and are working towards an auction house. They met Laura on the day her family died. They meet again years later and are enthralled by her talent and the way she presents herself. She is a breath of fresh air. This is a page turner ...more
Anne
Jul 31, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I was a little lost at the begin but it wasn’t long till I was burning up the pages Of this book. It is so good. I couldn’t put it down and read it through the night lol who needs sleep.
My heart went out for Laura in one day she lost her mum, Dad & brother. Not in an accident but at the hands of her parents. Her world was turned upside down. So she had to go live with her aunt. An aunt that didn’t want her.
Laura’s one big love is her art. She loves nothing better than drawing and visiting Art g
Michelle
Aug 05, 2018 rated it really liked it
Phew, what a story.

I love me a good MMF and this one while didn't have but one detailed love scene was still really good. There was an ACTUAL story to it and not just sex sex sex. I liked that. But could have done with another love scene or two.

Your heart will go out to Laura for the entire book. You will love Steven and James and Maurice. You will BURN with rage for Charles and Lily and you will be pissed at Dora and then Maurice.

I was a bit wary about going back so far in time. I have been r
Katie Ede
Jul 31, 2018 rated it really liked it
Laura has had a terrible tragedy and meets the owners of the auction house Stephen and James. This book was not what I expected. It’s a suspense thriller with the great addition of a loving relationship between Laura, James and Stephen. There are some sexy scenes but the emphasis is on the love that the men feel for Laura and making her realise it’s true. It’s definitely worth reading. A good book from an author who is new to me.
Aug 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing
First time read for Ms Rigal and I'm so impressed. Artistic License has a wonderfully written storyline with relatable characters. Follow one talented artist, Laura on her dramatic journey of twists and turns. I promise you that you'll be as enraptured as myself with this impressive read.

I voluntarily requested an advanced reader's copy of this book in exchange Artistic License in exchange for my honest opinion and I highly recommend reading this amazing book.
Gea
Jul 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I read the English version but I assume it won’t be a problem if I leave my review here.

How much tragedy can a seventeen year old face, without going mad?
Laura takes everything in stride, doesn’t whine or anything because she has a great outlet!
Maurice takes her under his wing and teaches her all he can.

When James and Steven meet Laura they find out they all share their love of art.
Besides all that happens next Laura still finds a way to cope and make a life on her own. That’s so admirable! But
Rose
Aug 04, 2018 rated it really liked it
Artistic License is a very well written story by the talented Olivia Rigal. This is the story of Laura Sweet, a talented artist plus Steven Goldsmith and James Evans, owners of the Madison Avenue Art Gallery. The plot is intriguing and mysterious with suspense and romance. No Spoilers here, go read the book.

I voluntarily read an ARC of this book. I recommend this book!
Margot Frye
Aug 04, 2018 rated it really liked it
Artistic License by Olivia Rigal delves into the world of artists and the underworld of forgers. This book follows Laura through a heartbreaking experience and introduces the reader to a group of interesting characters in the art world. I enjoyed the book and recommend it to anyone who wants adventure and hopes for subplots in a book.
Jamie Speck
Jul 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Once again, Olivia Rigal reels us into a wonderful story that keeps us on the edge of our seats. This is a romantic suspense and it kept me turning pages until i was finished, I couldn't put it down. We follow Laura from her innocent childhood in NYC into the world of very high end art dealings. She has a dark past that even she is not aware of. It was quite the ride, but worth every minute.
Misty
Jul 30, 2018 rated it really liked it
Laura is a young lady that has had a rough few years. Thinking her parents didn't love her enough to live and many other things. She meets Steven and James they help her to see her potential and grow. They also to help her out of a dangerous situation where she learns the truth about things dealing with her family. An a great read with a lot of detail.
Zsa
Aug 06, 2018 rated it really liked it
When tragedy strikes Laura's family, her world is changed irrevocably in an instant. These events will set her on a new path becoming an unwitting pawn ensnared in a tapestry of lies, deceit, betrayal. Amidst this she finds love with Steven and James. While the romantic elements played out, the mystery intrigued and entertained.
Rachel Maxwell
Aug 14, 2018 rated it really liked it
A great read. There was a enough combination of both romance and mystery. It was easy to get invested into the character's story and you really hoped it would all work out in the end. Fantastically written and I highly recommend
Natasha Ybarra
Aug 23, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A wonderful story about second chances coming from unexpected places and sometimes life works out just the way it was meant to be. This is a great read and wonderfully written. I definitely recommend this book.
Daisy
Aug 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great Read

I really enjoyed this read, from the beginning I was engrossed in the story. Olivia knows how to bring characters to life, especially the creepiness in Charles's character. It's a nice romance story from the 80s.
Desley Cooper
Aug 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing
The first impression of this book was that it was going to be a simple romance and predictable at every turn. This was furthest from the truth. With each new event, there was surprise and made it almost impossible to put down until the very last page was read. I highly recommend
Eva Wade
Aug 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing
i loved this book first time reading from this author. I can't wait for more. there was lots of drama this was a menage This book defanantly keeps you wanting more. there's twist i didn't see coming. This is a standalone with a HEA.
Thinxsphinx
Innocent Laura must deal with adult themes in this intriguing and erotic menàge romance. 3.5 stars
Karen
Sep 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Well Written with interesting complicated characters .... with some interesting twists
Worth the read ... certainly kept my interest!
Jane Pennington
Aug 14, 2018
Jacques Bellefeuille
Nov 30, 2018

• Ashton Scott
  • Honor and Redemption (Saint's Justice MC #2)
  • Irresistible (Neighbor from Hell, #11)
  • To Have and Hate
  • Unconscious Hearts (Hearts of Vegas, #1)
  • The Fire (The Hurricane, #4)
  • Hard Limits (Bowen Boys, #4.5)
  • Smoke and Fire (Surrender to Them, #1)
  • Privilege for the Sheikh: The Librarian from Louisiana (Curves for Sheikhs, #12)
Olivia Rigal started publishing short novels in 2013 as an indie.
The story she tells stand alone.
However her characters often meet so you can run into them again in several stories.

Some of her books can be found in French, German, Portuguese, Italian and Spanish.

News & Interviews