Start by marking “The Mountain Man's Cure (A Modern Mail-Order Bride #2)” as Want to Read:
The Mountain Man's Cure (A Modern Mail-Order Bride #2)

The Mountain Man's Cure

(A Modern Mail-Order Bride #2)

When Harrison orders a bride, he’s hoping Hannah can accept him—scars and all.
But when a storm forces them to his cabin before exchanging vows there are no guarantees that she’ll stay put once she discovers who he really is.

Hannah didn’t come to Alaska on a whim—she’s resilient, strong, and willing to fight for her happily ever after. But when the storm grows more fierc
Published July 12th 2018

To ask other readers questions about The Mountain Man's Cure, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Mountain Man's Cure

Start your review of The Mountain Man's Cure (A Modern Mail-Order Bride #2)
BJ
Jul 15, 2018 rated it it was ok
Shelves: disliked, just-ok
This had all the right ingredients for a 5 star book, but for some reason the author made it a novella, and I felt short changed. The H is a vet, struggling with awful issues, but it was presented salaciously, no effort to build a relationship between them. The opportunity was there, but it was all OTT reactions and not believable. Some of the actions needed to resolve their issues were fade to black, yet this was this was important to the plot, ergo short changed. The steamy scenes were well wr ...more
SassafrasfromAmazon
1.5 🌟

This was a short read. Even so, I felt that the author gave no meaningful attention to Harrison’s PTSD. It was glossed over for the most part. I was also dissatisfied that although Harrison and Hannah had never seen each other, these strangers had sex within hours of meeting. Harrison was a virgin, yet Hannah had them 69’ing as their first sexual act. REALLY? That is sooo believable 🙄. Sheesh.

There were some poignant moments throughout this short story, but the story was primarily sex and
AvidReader
Aug 09, 2018 rated it liked it
3.5 stars ⭐️
Colleen
The only thing I wish I read was SassafrafromAmazon's review. DNA. Perhaps I this will lead me to a good story with a similar synopsis, one can hope. www.goodreads.com/review/show/3092608051

My 8 read books divided by my average rating would place this author with a 2.625. That being said, Stripped Bare (Hammers and Veils #1) looks good ;)

Cheers
Maria
FREE today on Amazon.
Susie
Aug 04, 2018 rated it it was ok
Shelves: frankie-love
As much as I love mountain men books, this one was sorely lacking an essential item... A complete story. Gah! There was a beginning and an end but nothing in the middle. So disappointed. It really had potential.
Sophie Koufes
Jul 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The Mountain Man's Cure brings again matchmaker Isabella and her daughters Mail Order Bride Business. Hannah is tired of finding Mr Wrong and she wants to get married. Harrison is a broken soldier with emotional and physical scars that is tired of being alone. When Harrison & Hannah meet its insta-chemistry along with a few misunderstandings. Hannah is sweet & Harrison is a pure mountain man. A sugary sweet & sizzling sexy novella. ...more
Nicki - The Overflowing Bookcase
A wounded war hero who is a Virgin needs the help of a mail order bride in order to find hid HEA. Hannah wants to finally find someone to love and protect her. When the two collide nothing, not even a wicked storm can stop the sparks from igniting. This was a cute story that was enjoyable to read.
M.K.
Jul 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Harrison and Hannah's story was awesome! Another must read Frankie Love! ...more
Yesenia Gonzalez
The Mountain Man's Cure by Frankie Love
Harrison came back with a couple of physical and mental scars but is hoping that if he orders a mail ordered bride it will keep him from being lonely and have someone to share his lonely nights with him. Harrison is trying to make a survival book but hopes his new bride accepts him. Hannah has had bad luck in the man department right before committing to being a bride her es boyfriend left and took her money. She hopes that meeting Harrison can bring up her
Kai
Aug 29, 2018 rated it really liked it
The H was struggling with PTSD and having a hard time letting the h in. I really wish the H was the one to fix things in the end.
Lauren
The mountain man’s cure is book two in the modern mail order bride series. This story is short, fast paced and sweet. I read this book in one sitting and was satisfied throughout. The writing style is easy to follow, the characters are loveable and the storyline is sweet. I really liked Harrison. He liked his isolated life on the mountain but he was lonely, he wanted a wife. Because of what he had been through, his scars and the loss of his leg, he didn’t feel like any woman would want him so he ...more
poppysocks
Dec 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Loved this book

Brilliant read Hannah has just lost all her savings by her scheming ex boyfriend who instead of investing it ran off with it she needs a new start. Harrison is a war vet but needs someone else in his life so orders a mail bride. Hannah arrives at the airport not sure what she is expecting but is surprised at her mountain man. Harrison can’t believe what he has got Hannah is everything he wanted and more they have the same likes after their first intermit night Harrison runs off sc
Stephanie
Jul 15, 2018 rated it liked it
Cute but could have been done better

What I liked - I loved both Hannah and Harrison. It was nice that the man was the virgin in this book, but it would have been nice if they both were. Though I wasn't crazy about Sullivan, he did end up being great in helping his brother and wanting them to be happy. The story was sweet and several aspects were unique.

What I didn't like - While I don't lower a rating because of book length (no one should, you can tell how long it is before you start reading it
Angela
Jul 16, 2018 rated it really liked it
The Mountain Man's Cure is the same basic premise as the previous book in the same series by Frankie Love, but this book has a depth that the other was lacking.

Our Mountain man in this story, Harrison is long for something that he has been missing. A companion like most other men, but also someone that can see him as a man. Harrison has been through so much in his life, that moving out to the mountains was not only an escape but also a little must needed for his own personal sanity. Not only is
Feb 16, 2020 rated it liked it
3 1/2 stars. I enjoyed the premise and liked the characters. That being said, it was a little weird that she would leave for a month with no contact and then show back up with a preacher ready to marry them. The author could have put some thought into this section of the book and showed how they each worked through things separate and together so the end made sense. The other problem I had was the sex. The H is a virgin and their first time starts with a 69? It would have been better and more re ...more
Peggy R
As with all other books by this author, this is a quick, enjoyable read. Harrison and Hannah both are looking for something and someone to complete their lives. They want a partner to share the the happy and the hardship. I liked both Hannah and Harrison. They have a sweet love story with some obstacles to overcome due to Harrison's time in the military along with the emotional and physical baggage that comes with it. Hannah is an optimist and is in for the long haul. Fans of Frankie Love will e ...more
Marie  Brown (Marie's Tempting Reads)
Marie's Tempting Reads ARC Review:

A quick, spicy, sweet read that made my heart all a-flutter and gave me all the feels! The Mountain Man's Cure made me sigh internally and out loud too. The characters are refreshing and unique while the plot just made me love the book instantly. Frankie Love's romances are something really special. She knows how to give her readers intense heat, delectable dialogue, and great feels. She leaves nothing out and I am always left feeling completely fulfilled.

The M
Hazel Harkins
Jul 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I absolutely love this novella involving a lonely war veteran living in Alaska with PTSD and without one of his legs. Harrison decides to register for a mail order bride.

Hannah has come out of a bad relationship and her neighbor Isabella does her referral to her daughter who runs a successful matchmaking business.

Harrison and Hannah are absolutely perfect for each other but Harrison's PTSD makes it hard for him to grasp how perfect they are for each other. When Hannah leaves Alaska he thinks all
Laila Viking
Jul 17, 2018 rated it really liked it
Not what I expected. Not at all. But that is in the most positive way. Virgin stories are normally much the same but this one surprised me. I liked it a lot because it is the mountain man that is the virgin. Great plot and storyline.
Well written short story with a nice storyline and plot. I like that the characters and how they develop. A passionate and emotional read with twists. Enjoyable and recommendable.

It is written in dual POV which gives the reader much more of the thoughts and feelings
Meghann Alford
Jul 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc
I love Frankie's mountain man instalove stories. However, I think this one might be my favorite. She was able to bring that instalove heat that we love so much but the emotion in this book felt so real. I was captivated right from the very beginning and couldn't put this down. I absolutely loved it and think it shouldn't be passed up. I voluntarily reviewed an advanced copy of this book.
Hero, Harrison = 5/5
Michelle Vandal
Aug 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Just what I needed

Mountain Man's Cure a sweet, sexy, quick read with an HEA ❤️

I'd just finished a story that had my mind all in a whirl and needed something quick that ended happy. This was the right medicine.

Hannah & Harrison were wonderful with a touch of things that happen to real people. Maybe, not the whole mail order part but the essence of the relationship. The getting to know someone new. Someone with baggage.

Very much enjoyed this story & can't wait for the next one. I hope it's the bac
Linda
Jul 11, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Harry is a lonely veteran with a prosthetic leg and PTSD. Hannah wants to find that special someone who will love and take care of her. Someone she can love and care for in return. They are matched by a mail-order bride service and although they are instantly smitten with each other, they find they have some issues to work through. The Mountain Man's Cure is a sweet and steamy romance with likable characters and a heartwarming story. It's a great read by Frankie Love.

I am voluntarily reviewing a
Jessica Ramsey
Humor = 0/5
Stars =  4 ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆
Would I recommend this book = Yes
Would I read future books by this author = Yes

Loved that Harriosn was not perfect. Scarred and inexperienced made me love him more. Hannah was also a trooper too. Strong willed and willing to help when it comes to his PTSD. They truly are a perfect match.

I hate that it was short. This absolutely could have made a perfect full length novel. I wanted more o
Megan
Jul 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arcs
“The Mountain Man’s Cure” brings us our new couple, Hannah and Harrison. Hannah is tired of finding Mr Wrong, and our favorite meddling neighbor, tells Hannah about her granddaughters matchmaking agency. Harrison is tired of being alone, feeling unwanted, and he orders a mail order bride. The two have insta-chemistry and understanding. This is a classic mountain man tale from our favorite bearded mountain man author! A must read for Frankie fans!!
Joyce
Jul 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: frankie-love
The neighbor Isabella does it again.
Harrison and Hannah are instantly the perfect couple, sure, they have a few obstacles to overcome, but this match is by far my favorite Mail order Bride story.
I don't know how Frankie Love does it, finding all these women to move in, but seriously, where exactly does Isabella live, because I need to move into that frequently empty apartment next to her....and boy do I have a story to tell her!!
Lisa
Jul 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I'm swooning over the combo of mail order brides meet mountain man. What a fantastic mashup! Harrison has some problems and weaknesses, he needs a strong woman to stand by his side. Hannah at first just seems happy to have met a nice guy! She doesn't have the best track record when it comes to dating. And he doesn't have much of one at all. I love the way it all turns out for them. This story just made me smile. ...more
Melissa
Feb 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A cure for what ails you

Harrison may seem broken but Hannah is more than just a cure, she’s the one who brings him back to life. Hannah has a vision of her future but it’s taken away, and she finds that when she moves to Alaska her future becomes that much brighter because of Harrison. Their story is messy but it’s bittersweet to see their love grow. Read through Kindle Unlimited
T♡
3.5✯

°Virgin hero (27 y/o)
°Non virgin heroine
°Switching POVs
°Insta love/lust
°Both faithful after meeting and during separation
°1 month separation
°Sweet tortured hero
°Likeable heroine
°Hero pushed the heroine away
°Free of OW/OM drama
°No cheating
°Hero is an amputee and has PTSD
°Intimate scenes only between hero and heroine
°Epilogue: 1 year later (view spoiler)
Jackie D
Jul 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Hannah- A mailorder Bride who knows what she wants + Harrison a Veteran looking to fill the void in his heart = the perfect match!
So much emotion was squeezed into one perfect nugget of story!
A sweet and sultry heartache to heart mend tale, I was sad to see this one end!
I thoroughly enjoy Frankie Love's mountain men!
« previous 1 3 next »

• Branded by the Mountain Man (Thickwood, CO #2)
  • Mail-Order Brides for Christmas
  • The Wolf's Capture (Captured, #1)
  • Taming the Mountain Man (Thickwood, CO #3)
  • Tempting the Soldier (American Heroes #1)
  • His Holiday Dare (Mistletoe Montana #16)
  • Game Day Baby
  • Mountain Man Bought (Mounting Mountain Men #1)
  • Fighting for Honor (Worth the Fight #5)
  • Chief (Knox Fire, #3)
  • Fighting for Dylan (Worth the Fight #4)
  • New Year, New Eve (Kisses at Midnight, #3)
  • Nailed
  • His Resolution (Kisses at Midnight, #1)
  • The Mountain Man's Kitten (Thickwood, CO, #7)
  • Mister Landlord (Mister Yum, #1)
  • The Whole Package
  • Busted
Frankie Love writes filthy-sweet stories about bad boys and mountain men. As a thirty-something mom to six who is ridiculously in love with her own bearded hottie, she believes in love-at-first-sight and happily-ever-afters. She also believes in the power of a quickie.

❤️ Get ready to fall in love ... you deserve it! ❤️

Website - http://bit.ly/2ra5I7t

Amazon Author Page -http://amzn.to/2r9ZVhS

F

A Modern Mail-Order Bride (3 books)
  • The Mountain Man's Muse (A Modern Mail-Order Bride #1)
  • The Mountain Man's North Star (A Modern Mail-Order Bride Romance Book 3)