Start by marking “A Ride with Mr. Darcy: A Pride and Prejudice Variation” as Want to Read:
A Ride with Mr. Darcy: A Pride and Prejudice Variation

A Ride with Mr. Darcy: A Pride and Prejudice Variation

Running into Mr. Darcy… at the stables of Pemberley?

Only a few months after rejecting the infamous proposal of a certain wealthy gentleman from Derbyshire, Elizabeth finds herself at his estate. Touring Pemberley with her aunt and uncle Gardiner, her only consolation is that the master of the house has been assured absent.

But when Elizabeth detours away from the
Published July 11th 2018

To ask other readers questions about A Ride with Mr. Darcy, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Ride with Mr. Darcy

Start your review of A Ride with Mr. Darcy: A Pride and Prejudice Variation
Jamie Brydone-Jack
Feb 09, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2019
A Sweet, Low Angst P&P Variation

I have been a fan of Jane Austen Fan Fiction (JAFF) for several years, so I always love to find new stories and new-to-me authors of the subgenre. This novella is a lovely, sweet, low-angst addition to JAFF. The writer has a good sense of story structure, and her language is pleasant to read (even if some anachronistic words and phrases were used). In my inner ear, it almost sounded like she was attempting to mimic the speech patterns of ODC in the BBC's
Buturot
Feb 10, 2019 rated it it was ok
Though the book is 18 chapters long plus epilogue, it felt the actual story was short. It felt that there were only a few scenes (coz there seems to have a lot of introspection) and there was not much confict. The main conflict for me happened in the end. The end chapters also were a little less descriptive compared to the first half of the book, especially the conflict between Darcy and Wickham.
*Spoiler*
The story line starts when EB visited Pemberley with her aunt and uncle. There she met FD
Siyka
Feb 13, 2019 rated it really liked it
I loved that the author kept the style and feel of the book so close to the tone of the original.
I love Elizabeth and Darcy's awkwardness and the development of their story together with Jane and Bingley's.
The villain's role was not that convincingly present here but still the story was sweet.
I recommend it to any Austen fan.

Barbara
Feb 11, 2019 rated it really liked it
A well written take on a variation of Pride and Prejudice, a book I enjoyed reading. Lydia gets herself into trouble by being jealous of Jane and Elizabeth's good fortune on finding the men who mean a lot to them. I received a free copy of this book via Booksprout and am voluntarily leaving a review.
Tanya
Feb 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is a different version on the story pride and prejudice. This is really well done as you get drawn in until the very last page. Brilliant rewriting of this story

Chelsea
This was a short and fun Pride and Prejudice Variation and I enjoyed seeing how Elizabeth and Darcy interacted after they encountered each other at Pemberley. I look forward to reading more by this author in the future.
Michelle
Apr 07, 2019 rated it liked it
Lovely

An interesting variation of author Jane Austen’s classic Pride and Prejudice. Veers rather differently from usual storyline but is enjoyable
Barbara Martinez

• Trapped at Rosings: A Pride and Prejudice Variation
  • To Save Elizabeth: A Pride & Prejudice Novel Variation
  • A Storm Over Netherfield: A Pride and Prejudice Variation Romance
  • A Trifling Cold: A Pride and Prejudice Variation
  • An Unexpected Turn Of Events (Longbourn Unexpected Book 3)
  • Mrs. Fitzwilliam: A Pride & Prejudice Novella Variation (The Lost Heir Series Book 1)
  • The Impulse of the Moment
  • Mr. Bennet's Daughter: An Elizabeth and Darcy Story
  • Smoky Dreams: A Pride and Prejudice Variation
  • Found in the Snow: A Pride and Prejudice Variation
Anne-Marie Grace loves everything historical. She has been a fan of Pride and Prejudice ever since she was a teenager and has read the book more times than she can count. She loves to dream up alternative scenarios for our dear couple and has recently started putting these ideas to paper. Her only hope is that people would like to read them as much as she loves to come up with them!