Start by marking “Successor” as Want to Read:
Successor

Successor

4.25  ·  Rating details ·  8 Ratings  ·  8 Reviews
For seventeen-year-old Evan, graduation means the freedom to leave behind her small-town life and find where she belongs. She never expected it to be in a different world.

Across time and space, deep in a mysterious jungle, Evan discovers the hidden heritage of her mother’s people and her own legacy. She becomes their elemental, a protector gifted with the power to control
Published October 24th 2018 by The Wild Rose Press

To ask other readers questions about Successor, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Successor

Kat Dietrich
Successor by Rae Miles is a Sci-Fi/Fantasy novel aimed at Young Adults.

First, let me thank NetGalley, the publisher The Wild Rose Press, and of course the author, for providing me with a copy of this book in exchange for an honest review. All opinions are my own.

My Synopsis:
Evangeline (Evan) is 17 when she and her friend Leila get swept away to a different dimension (plane). There she finds the purpose to her life. There she finds her home. Evan discovers that her mother, who died when Evan was
Crystal Brown
Oct 20, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2018, arcs, fiction
I admit it. I'm a cover junkie. If I see a really cool cover and the blurb catches my fancy, I'm going to read that book.

And so, I read Successor.

Successor tells the story of Evan, who immediately after graduation finds out that her mother was from another world, and that she is next in line and must learn to claim her power, in order to protect her people.

This is a great coming of age story. It took me a few chapters to really get into it, but once I did, the pages turned themselves.

I though
Ellen Conniff
Oct 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I just finished reading Successor. What a great read. I was enthralled the entire book. The characters were well thought out with plenty of depth and individuality. The Lataek Plane was discribed with such detail I felt like I was part of it's world. I want to know more about Evan and Rens life together. Can't wait for the next book.
Katlyn Gilmer
Oct 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Breathtaking

Listen, if you like fantasy and slow burns, you absolutely have to read this book. The characters are alive and the setting is rich and this is just honestly a can't-miss debut.
Jan Marie
Sep 18, 2018 rated it really liked it
I had the lucky pleasure to read Successor before its release date. Let's just say mark this book on your to-read list.

SUCCESSOR is filled with action, adventure, magic, and romance all the right elements for a successful Young Adult book. Here we meet Evan (Evangeline) who is our guide in this alternate world tale.
After a graduation party goes wrong and a chase from the cops and toss in a thunderstorm it lands both her and her friend in a whole different world where Evan learns she is the Succ
Rae Miles
Sep 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
This book was a labor of love for me. It had been sitting in my head for a long time, and when Evan finally got around to telling me her story, it turned out to be so much more intricate than I could have anticipated. The world she entered was more beautiful than I could’ve imagined. And Ren...he redefined the strong, silent type for me!

I hope you love Evan, Ren, and their world as much as I do.

Prepare yourself for what’s to come in book 2...
Francesca
Oct 25, 2018 rated it liked it
*Thanks to Netgalley and the publisher for providing me a free copy in exchange of an honest review*

I like the overall plot and the writing style; the worldbuilding is very promising and it opens the way for an incredible adventure.
Sadly, I think the book could have used a more precise and extensive work on the story and the characters: they are fairly sketched and very compelling, but the fact that they're not completely developed lessens one's reading experience.
Another problematic point is th
Amy Lochowitz
Sep 04, 2018 rated it really liked it
A wonderful story that captures your attention from the start and keeps you turning pages. I couldn’t put it down!
Kindra Pring
Sinead
Rita Wray
Kim hansen
Oct 22, 2018
Hi everyone! Thanks for stopping by!

I'm super excited to talk with readers and answer any questions you might have. My debut, Successor, is scheduled to release on 10/24/18, and I can't wait to share it with all of you!

A little about me. I love reading, especially romance. I'm one of those people who needs a least a little bit of romance in a story for it to really catch my attention. I also love
“Life isn't fair, though. I don't imagine death is much different.” 2 likes
“Few things are worse for an introvert than being constantly surrounded by others.” 1 likes