Start by marking “Unzipped” as Want to Read:
Unzipped

Unzipped

Wanted: Dating coach to help hot nerd win back the woman of his dreams...

Picture this - I’m ready to win back the love of my life, and I’m going big this time. We’re talking boom box, sing her name in the rain, let the whole damn neighborhood know I'm good and ready this time around. After all, if you're going to grand gesture the ever-loving hell out of a second chance, you need to pul/>Picture
Published December 14th 2018 (first published October 30th 2018)

To ask other readers questions about Unzipped, please sign up.
Solace Winter The audiobook is only 6 hours long, I consider that typically to be a shorter audiobook, so it's still probably a quick read as a book.

Start your review of Unzipped
Lauren Blakely
Aug 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
He's falling for the romance coach!

✦Kindle US ➜ https://amzn.to/2E9muKE

✦ Audible ➜ https://adbl.co/2wncWWL

Stacey is Sassy
A wee bit corny...

***3.5 Stars***

Unzipped is the kind of audio to listen to when you want a light and easy listen. It wasn't overly complicated, made me laugh a few times, and had some heat. The characters were engaging and you could tell from their first interactions that they had a serious connection.

At first, I was a little worried. The hero is planning to woo his first love and make a big gesture to show her that he's a better man now. But, it's not the heroine. Also, the heroine is a comedy wri/>/>***3.5
Tijuana *Book Twins Reviews*
4 Lollygagging Stars

Oh man, this was super cute and so much fun. The movie quotes and quirky characters immediately won my heart. I loved the fun tropes and movie quote trivia. How fun to incorporate this type of pop culture that permeates TV and the movies and use it in a romance novel? Quite genius really!

Unfortunately, I had a trip up in the beginning. It was a bit more of a slowburn than the sexy cover seems to suggest (or maybe I'm a perv) so I was a smidge confused. A sexy
Denisa
1.5 Nope

Oh, Lauren, what have you done?
I had high hopes for this one. I didn't expect anything special, mind you, I just wanted a cute, light, maybe funny read. Instead, I got this.

The characters were lacking, they were so weird. It was like they had double personalities or something. Not the female MC, but the male one. He was just... it was like there were two of them
Angela (Reading Frenzy Book Blog)

Audiobook Review

Andi Arndt and Joe Arden are two of my favorite narrators, so it would have been a massive surprise if they phoned in subpar performances. Fortunately, they did not. The story itself is perfectly fine—it’s just not as laugh-out-loud funny as most of the other Lauren Blakely books I’ve read.

The premise is cute and tailor made for fans of romantic comedy movies. There are a ton of references to rom coms made in the 80s and 90s, and it’s borderline overdone, but I’m a child of the 80s who enjoys
Cyndi
Nov 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book was absolutely adorable! Our hero finally feels like he’s ready to try to win back his first love. But when he goes for the ‘big gesture’ he aims the boom box at the wrong girl. Enter our heroine who is one of the funniest characters you’ll meet. She writes for a sitcom and her inspiration are people in real life and their many foibles. So the ‘Lloyd Dobler’ wanna be is the perfect muse for a comedy writer.
Very funny!
Elle's Book Blog
Dec 08, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: standalones, romance
Release Date: December 11, 2018
Genre: Romantic Comedy

An adorably lighthearted romance that will induce the giggles in any reader

Lauren Blakely is one of those authors that can write numerous books within a year and make every single one a fun and lovable read. And when I say every single book- I truly mean that. Unzipped as just as quirky as the books before it only this time, we get a cool hint of the 80's and 90's (boombox, serenading a woman in front oh her home, you get/>/>
Jacob Proffitt
This was short, straightforward and enjoyable if not exactly outstanding. Finley and Kyler (who commiserate over having weird names) are practically made for each other with their shared love of cinema and tolerance for adventurous activities. Their meet-cute is awesome and since Finley is a television writer and Kyler is following every romance trope he can think of, we get a lot about romance and romantic story tropes while they navigate their way to being together.

Blakely uses Kyl
Heroesinbooks
4 Tom and Finley Stars

If you are looking for a light, fun , sexy book....look no further. If you love references to the music and films of the 80's then you should snap this up.
A word of caution though - do not drink hot beverages whilst reading Unzipped. Or , as in my case, listening to it on audio. You are liable to laugh hard and choke on said beverage. It was worth it though.

Tom (Kyler) is a very likeable nerd who is desperate to win back his College girlfriend's affections , y
Wendy'sThoughts
Aug 15, 2018 marked it as to-read
Recommends it for: Lauren Blakely Fans, Romance
Update-August 30, 2018

Ms. Lauren Blakely Wasted No Time...
We now have the Cover and Blurb...

Hmmmm, this Burb has me wondering...
Road Trip Anyone...

August 15, 2018
Oh, the Teasing of a New Lauren Blakely RomCom...
Look at this Cover...
And it is Only a Place Holder...

I cannot take my eyes off these abs...
And it is causing me to become...

Unzipped- December 14th 2018

For more Reviews, Free E-books and Giveaways
Kimmy (Sinfully Snarky Reviews)
Unzipped Unzipped, Unzipped is a total must read if you a 80's baby and remember all of the amazing movies. Unzipped will take you back in time to mixed tapes and huge boom boxes. Thank you so much Lauren to step back in time.

Kyler AKA Tom is looking to win back his college sweetheart by breaking out the boombox and blasting Unzipped.  However, he didn't plan on getting Finley instead. Little does Kyler aka Tom know that this mistake could turn out to be the best thing to every happen to him.

Syndi
Aug 22, 2019 rated it really liked it
This book is super funny. Cute, fun,sweet, adorable, LOL that kind of romance. Miss Blakely always have yhat never ending banter. Listening to the audio book makes me smile.

Tom is geeky. Handsome geeky who in desperate need to win his ex back. He is so geeky clueless what to do. So he enlists Fenly to be his dating coach. They end up in road trip and fall in love. The story is at the banter.

Overall, this book had me at the banter.

4 stars
Susan (susayq ~)
Oct 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Oh my! I'm swooning so hard with this one! Tom and Finley were PERFECT together! Even though Tom was a bit clueless there for a bit LOL The narration was awesome too :)
NinaReader
Jan 27, 2019 rated it liked it
3.5 Stars

Cute story, sweet, and low angst. Really liked it!
Michele
Dec 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This was a rare gem. It’s a meet-cute that doesn’t involve a woman falling down or making a fool of herself. It’s funny, swoon-y, and adorable from start to finish. I very rarely give five stars, but this one earned all five with the solid, unique storyline and excellent writing. It’s lighthearted and fun but the chemistry is off the charts. I loved it! Highly recommend.
H.B. Jasick
Nov 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I Loved every minute of this story!! Tom was the most adorable, lovable, clueless nerd. Finley was spunky and cute too! These characters keep my laughing and swooning, and poised on the edge of my seat until the very end! I wouldn’t change a single thing about this story. It’s an absolute must read. I can’t wait to tell all of my friends about it!!
Yvette ~ Nose Stuck in a Book
After reading the blurb for Unzipped, I was instantly intrigued. It’s not the first time Lauren Blakely has written about a hero trying to win back the girl of his dreams, but it IS the first time that said dream girl isn’t the heroine. What was even more intriguing was that Unzipped was being released as an Audible original, co-narrated by Andi Arndt and Joe Arden. As a frequent reviewer of the author’s books, I don’t often get to experience her books in audiobook format, so getting to listen t ...more
Jules
🔥🔥 I’m so disappointed in this book. I’m a huge Lauren Blakely fan but this just didn’t do it for me. Most of her book are always laugh out loud funny. Maybe it was the constant over-the-top movie references. I’m not a huge movie buff and most of the references meant nothing to me. I never got the feeling the couple needed or really wanted to be together. It just seemed like they wanted to live out every cheesy movie love scene. The heroine starts off by basically using “Tom” to get ideas for he ...more
Virna
Nov 11, 2018 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
This book left me with mixed feelings, the plot is slow and predictable. I didn't feel the attraction or connection between Finley and Kyler and she is probably the most annoying character, averything has to be the way she see it, she teaches him how women think, what they want and the story try a bit hard to be funny, banter, wit and joke did add to plot. Well I enjoyed this book but not as much as the others though.
Kim
Oct 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 4-5-stars
4.5+ stars
I was pulled in right from the prologue. I still have such a fondness for 80's movies and pop culture so this book really spoke to me. It's fun, quirky, and full of romantic tropes.

He is an an intelligent man with a unique and interesting career. He is a planner and feels he is ready for love and commitment. But he is also a bit of a clueless male who has been surrounded by brothers who also give not so great advice. So he sets off on an adventure to revisit the girl he last
Alaina
Unzipped is one of those beautiful ab man cover. It obviously got my attention with the abs and it also just happened to be written by Lauren Blakely. My twin and I love her writing/books, so we just had to dive into it!

So this book is about two random people who become friends after an awkward incident. Then along the way they start to fall in love. That awkward incident? Well that was him going to ex-girlfriend's house to try and serenade her to the song they made love to? Which is weird and c
Stacie
Jan 16, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
3 1/2 "You had me at boombox." Stars!

This was cute, and sweet, and funny. Funny especially if you are a child of the 80's or a John Hughes fan. Very entertaining. Happy reading!
Mandy  Smith
Oct 02, 2019 rated it really liked it
Audio Review: Fun, sweet, new friends to lovers. The story flows well and doesn’t stall. Its a refreshing great story to get ya outta a slump.
Joe Arden is a favorite as always. I liked Andi Arnt as well.
Red Cheeks Reads
Dec 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing
5 SMOOCHES!

I am an enormous Lauren Blakely fan, and when I read the synopsis for this book, my interest was instantly sparked. I’m a lover of all things romance, especially romantic comedies, whether they be in book form or on film. I love everything about them from the meet-cutes to the sweet and sometimes cheesy way the couples fall in love to the over-the-top grand gestures and everything in between. So when I realized this book kicks off with a play on what is probably the grandest of the gr
Richelle Robinson
Dec 26, 2018 rated it really liked it
Tom is trying to win back his old girlfriend and it doesn’t go as planned. Tom meets Finley and she agrees to be his dating coach. Tom was a cute nerd but he was clueless when it came to the ladies. Tom meant well but he couldn’t help but put his foot in his mouth and it could be cringe worthy at times. Poor thing just couldn’t help it at times. Finley was a cool character and I liked that she was a comedy writer. This was a cute and funny book and if you are a fan of 80’s movies, you will love ...more
A
Nov 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I listened to the audiobook version of this book, mostly because thanks to my Audible Romance Package I could get my hands on it for free before the other versions are available :) I swear you guys, ever since I fell in love with audiobooks about a year ago, Audible is my best friend :) but back to the book :) it's Lauren's newest standalone contemporary romance and I had a lot of fun with it :) so let's jump into a few more details what this story is about, and then I will share some of my reas ...more
Rosa Sharon (iScream Books Blog)
I'll never be able to see/hear 'lollygag' again without giggling.

I listened to the audible version of Unzipped narrated by Joe Arden & Andi Arndt. I'm a big fan of Lauren Blakeley's books, but this is the first time I've listened to one. I enjoy listening to books with both male and female narrators. It makes it so much easier to get lost in the characters when you can hear their voice inflections, especially the whispers, growls, and gasps. It's like a guilty pleasure and I might actually blush when I h
Anas Attic  Book Blog

Unzipped by Lauren Blakely
Narrated by Joe Arden and Andi Arndt
Standalone RomCom. Available in Audiobook First.
4.25 Stars

If I had to pick one author’s audiobooks to be stranded on a desert island with, it would be Lauren Blakey’s. I love her audiobooks so much and I’ve yet to be disappointed. Unzipped is the latest of Lauren’s romantic comedies and it was released on audio first The Kindle and paperback will be live December 11.

Unzipped by Lauren Blakely
Narrated by Joe Arden and Andi Arndt
Standalone RomCom. Available in Audiobook First.
4.25 Stars

I listened to Unzipped on a road trip, and two weeks after reading it I still hadn’t caught up with reviews. So when I sat down to review it, I realized I had no memory of what it was about! Sometimes I am not all there when I listen and I thought maybe that was the case, so I listened again and it all came back to me within minutes, but I listened again anyway because it was just as good the second time around. (Note: if you want to go in blind, skip to the likes and dislikes)

Kyler (aka Tom) is a rollercoaster designer who, after 8 years decides it’s time to get his old college girlfriend back. He goes for the 80s inspired movie gesture and plays their song on a boom box on her lawn. But it’s not her who comes to the window, it’s Finley, a struggling comedy show writer who just met her muse.
“Look, even though I don’t think you should Lloyd Dobbler your way through life, I did like Say Anything. And I can’t help but root for you to win this woman back. I'll help you."

So Finley joins Kyler on a road trip to find his ex and get her back.
"I’ll help you on your quest. And you, in turn, can continue to be one of the most interesting curiosities I’ve stumbled across."

I loved the way Finley was writing about what was happening for the show as it happened in the book, it was a clever approach to telling this story. She was so much fun! She was a comedy writer and was anything but shy. Kyler was a nerd who grew up with only men and had absolutely no clue what to do with women, so he gets some lessons along the way.  Everything Kyler knew about women, he learned from an 80s Romantic Comedy movie.

"Dear God, you might be perfect. You went from Moonstruck to Beverly Hills Cop on one date. Are you going to make me a mixtape next?"

I admit, I had a bit of a hard time with the fact that he was going after a girl he hadn't even stalked at all in eight years, but he had tried to be a better man for her. Then suddenly after 8 years, he found another. I mean--he was in love with a memory, so it wasn't a stretch that he would fall for someone else, but the situation was pretty awkward. Finley, however, can't miss how hot Tom is, and the friendship morphing into more was a totally fun read.
"Those abs are traceable with my tongue. The grooves, dear God, the grooves."

I love how Lauren Blakely's heroines are all smart career women and the men truly respect them as equals. Her characters are smart, totally sexy, and always form a friendship, not just lust/instalove.

Likes:

•Another smart and sexy romance from Lauren Blakely.
•A completely unique premise.
•Fun 80s references.
•A hot nerd? Yes, please.
•Fantastic dialogue.
•I love how they ticked off all the RomCom tropes.
•I absolutely giggled out loud, maybe even more than other LB books.

Dislikes:

•This one didn't really stand out to me for some reason. I forgot about it so soon after reading.
•You really need to know your 80s movies to truly appreciate everything.

The Narration:
I say it every time, Lauren writes these books for audio. I love the duet parts when they text, and you can never go wrong with Joe Arden and Andi Arndt.

The Down & Dirty:
I listened to Unzipped twice, and totally enjoyed it both times but it didn't stick with me as a favorite of Lauren Blakely's. It still had everything I love about a Lauren Blakely book, smart and sexy professional hero and heroine, a friendship that goes with the romance, laugh-out-loud moments, great dialogue, hot sex, and awesome side characters. I think because I am not a movie buff I missed some of the references and it may have held me back a bit. Still, I enjoyed it enough to listen twice, because honestly, you can never go wrong with a Lauren Blakely audiobook.

Rating: 4.25 Stars, 4 Heat, 5 Narration

Purchase Unzipped by Lauren Blakely

Available on Audible first, and in the Audible Romance Package

Live Kindle Release 12/11

Ryan - Sweet Red Reader
Nov 11, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc-love, audible
I was pretty much sold from the whole "Say Anything" opening/meet cute. I'll admit that I did have a bit of an issue with Kyler's sort of out of touch obliviousness (did he really think he could win the girl after no contact at all over all those years), but as we get to know him, we see that the obliviousness is so much deeper and really just a part of his personality. I loved Finley and her quirkiness - she was so funny and vulnerable and I love how we got to see her insecurities AND how she c ...more
✰  BJ's Book Blog ✰Janeane ✰
ARC received for an honest review

Lauren Blakely, you had me at Lloyd Dobler.

Then Kyler had me with all his 80s movie references.

From the moment he "Doblers" Finley, I was hooked. And so was Finley, and I can't blame the girl.

Unzipped is a cute, sweet and adorable strangers-to-friends-to-lovers story, and I was swept up in their lives.

I freaking love Finley, her sass and snark towards Kyler made me laugh and smile the whole time I was reading.

Kyler is geeky and awkward and kinda clueless when it comes to the lady,however that just makes him all the more adorable.

There are

• Sweet Liar (Dirty Sweet, #1)
  • Lead Me Home (Fight for Me, #3)
  • The Deal Breaker
  • Boyfriend for Hire
  • Tequila, Tequila
  • I Think I Love You (Oxford, #5)
  • Legend (Arizona Vengeance, #3)
  • Here for the Cake
  • Getting Played (Getting Some, #2)
  • Faking It
  • Hot to the Touch (Brotherhood by Fire, #1)
  • One on One
  • The Difference Between You & Me
  • Simmer
  • When August Ends
  • Opposites Attract (The Trilogy Collection, #1)
  • Creative License
  • Soaring with Fallon (Big Sky, #4)
A #1 New York Times Bestselling, #1 Wall Street Journal Bestselling, and #1 Audible Bestselling author, Lauren Blakely is known for her contemporary romance style that's sweet, sexy and witty. Her heroines are strong and smart and her heroes have hearts of gold and fantastic funny bones. She'd love to give you a free book today! Check out her web site to grab your free read: https://laurenblakely.com/one-free-book/

Connect with Lauren h
“He hands me a tissue, and I realize he has a packet in his messenger bag for his trip. “Do you have allergies?”
“No, I have a daughter who’s sad, so I stocked up.”
0 likes
“When you realize you want to spend the rest of your life with someone, you want the rest of your life to start right now.” 0 likes