Start by marking “Reaching Refuge (Shelter Me #2)” as Want to Read:
Reaching Refuge (Shelter Me #2)

Reaching Refuge

(Shelter Me #2)

A couple in secret. Two warring families. This little town isn’t big enough for the both of them.

Slinging whiskey is all Avery Wells knows how to do, and soon she won’t even have that. If she can’t change her uncle’s mind, her dreams of owning the family watering hole will soon go up in smoke.

Being an outcast is nothing new for Graham Foster, but when it comes to Avery, be
Published January 29th 2019 by Annie Anderson

To ask other readers questions about Reaching Refuge, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Reaching Refuge

Mandie
Jan 28, 2019 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this quaint love story between Graham and Avery. It really kept me on the edge of my seat waiting to find out what would happen.
Nerdy Dirty & Flirty
Jan 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
description
A second chance at a love lost. Graham and Avery have a history, one so intense that no amount of time or distance can take away. Their journey back to each other was gripping.

Anderson creates such endearing and real characters. In Seeking Sanctuary, in addition to falling in love with Levi and Isla, I couldn’t help but be intrigued with Graham. I was so excited when I found out this book would focus on him and I was not disappointed!

This fast-paced story packs a punch. We are given a mixture of
Myra Espino
Jan 25, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc
Reaching Refuge is Avery and Graham's story.
The way the story started, I was easily pulled in into the story. Avery and Graham are good. But I have mixed feelings with Avery sometimes. Anyway, despite it, both characters are easy to like.
The story, it's interesting and I was curious with all the drama. The plot and ending, my gawd!! It's heart stopping. I was satisfied with how the book ended.

Looking forward for more of the series and other characters.
Shirley Cuypers
Jan 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book was provided by the author in exchange for an honest review. Thank you Annie Anderson!

Reaching Refuge
is the second book in the Shelter Me series and tells the story of Avery and Graham. Each book in the Shelter Me series can be read as a standalone.

Seeking Sanctuary, the first book in the Shelter Me series, was the first book I’ve read by Annie Anderson and since that book, I fell in love with her writing. Reaching Refuge is the fourth book by Annie Anderson I’ve read so far and I can
Heather C
Jan 29, 2019 rated it really liked it
Reaching Refuge is the second installment in the Shelter Me Series and can absolutely be read as a standalone. I say that because due to time constraints, I wasn't able to the first book before I jumped into this one. This is about Graham and Avery's story and oh what a ride it is.

I'm a sucker for romantic suspense novels. I like the feel of being on the edge, not knowing what is going to happen next. I felt like Anderson did a great job of building up the story and providing just the amount of
Sassy Southern
Jan 27, 2019 rated it really liked it
4.5 Stars

Years ago Graham Foster dated Avery Wells but her family thought his was scum and the next thing Graham knew Avery was gone and he never heard from her again.
Now Annie is back in town and running the Antler Pub along with her brother Wes. But trouble seems to be coming when Annie’s younger brother Ben also returns.
Graham is also back in town working for Levi Grady at his garage after years of military service overseas.
Will Annie be willing to give Graham another chance after so many y
Cranky - The Book Curmudgeon
Jan 21, 2019 rated it really liked it
4.5 Cranky Stars

I wish I had the words to describe the love story between Graham and Avery. It’s everything. I mean they loved each other for years even with an ocean between them and neither one even thinking that they still had that spark. Their families are like the Hatfields and McCoys. They both despise each other but Graham and Avery still fell in love until a chance encounter forced them apart. He went off to war and she fled the town that broke her heart. Years later they return and are
Beverly Laude
Jan 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: suspense, romance, kindle, 2019
I have read enough of Annie Anderson's books by now to know that you don't begin one of her books unless you have the time to finish it! This book was no different: I couldn't stop reading until the very end! Curses to you, Ms. Anderson!

Avery and Graham are star-crossed lovers due to family dynamics (most of it beyond their control). But, somehow both of them have made their way back to Evergreen, Colorado. Will they be able to pick up the pieces and find their HEA together? Or, will the dark fo
Kathy Wideman
This is the second book in the series and while they don’t have to be read in order, I still suggest it. Avery and Graham were in love once and still are but there are time and other people in between them. Or at least there were people in between them. Things went sideways when Graham got in trouble for trying to protect Avery. Things got out of hand and he was told to choose between jail and the military. Neither of them had a great childhood. Graham’s worse the Avery’s. There are things going ...more
Barb Shuler
This book has a lot of emotion, suspense and people pulling the heart strings of the readers. But that’s not it. There is a past to the main characters that’s been pulled to the forefront and tossed on the table.

Avery and Graham are a pair to see. They’re tiptoeing around each other, trying not to fall into a pattern where there is place to get hurt again. It’s a tug and release of epic proportions. But that’s not all! There is a lot of family drama going on for them both. Avery’s family busine
K.A. Graham
Jan 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Reaching Refuge (Shelter Me #2)
by Annie Anderson

☆☆☆5 stars☆☆☆

#TeamGraham
I'm just putting it out there now, in case anyone was wondering where my loyalties lie. Graham is a broken, grumbly, sexpot of a man. A man who's had to battle through life's tragedies. Ones that would consume most of us.

His biggest regret...Avery. the one who got away. For reasons neither of them quite understand, they were torn apart for years, but all roads lead back to your heart. Eventually.

Dangerous chaos envelops th
Angi
Jan 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Great book. Very gritty, but in a good way. Avery and Graham are crazy about each other and their families hate each other. They are both so stubborn they don't want to admit how much they love each other. Reminds me of modern day Romeo & Juliet with a few twists. But they are finally able to tell everyone else to go fly a kite and they find their happy place together. Now that Avery's father is gone she can be free to love him. This book was a wonderful addition to the shelter me series. It ...more
Kaye
Jan 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
ONE EXTREMELY CAPTIVATING READ!!!
OMG! Wow. Man, talk about being blindsided. Annie really pulled all the stops on this bad boy. One fantastic storyline and strong plot really keep you riveted from start to finish. Such an extremely intense, palpable and explosive chemistry between the two main characters as they face unexpected trials and tribulations. Betrayal and lies run rampant as secrets are revealed that will rock you to the core. Annie nailed this bad boy and brought it roaring to life br
Jo
Jan 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book...I have no words but I'm gonna find some.

Avery mean business when it comes to her Mom's bar, but unfortunately things haven't been going her way...for way too long. Graham seems to love to torture himself by hanging out at Avery's bar, but it's more than just star crossed lovers.

A decade has passed since these two were last together and secrets kept them apart but not for much longer.

Annie once again kept me at the edge of my seat with some action and twists that I didn't see coming.
Wickedly Sweet and Synful Book Blog Twilla
4.5 stars. From the very beginning of this book you will see that this family is all kinds of dysfunctional and I LOVED IT! It is bittersweet how circumstances caused the couple to be apart for 14 years! They both returned and did not reconnect. They protect each other from a distance. I thought this was going to be a run of the mill angsty romance. NO this was not. I am well know for being able to guess plots way ahead of time. This story took a turn that made me want to read this whole series ...more
Johnaka
Jan 17, 2019 rated it really liked it
Reaching Refuge by Annie Anderson
“Star-crossed love, 4 stars”

Avery and Graham were once head over heels in love. Then life tore them apart or rather Avery’s family. They left town separately but now they are both back. And like a moth to a flame there is no keeping them apart. Or is there? Will Avery let her family stand in the way of her happiness? Will Graham let the family shame he carry’s cross over to Avery? Only one way to find out.
So, I have mixed feelings on Reaching Refuge. Don’t get me
Gladys
Jan 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This intense and enticing series keeps getting better. Avery and Graham's story seriously sucks you in and under. My heart broke for these two star-crossed lovers. The emotions are deep, powerful and turmoil ridden as family and secrets do their best to keep these two apart forever. However, fate draws these two back to where it all began and we are treated to an epic romance that is filled with angst, heartache, suspense, drama and steamy chemistry. I loved Avery and Graham so much and their ro ...more
United Indie Book Blog
I didn’t expect anything less but perfection from this story and that’s what I got . The characters were great , the writing off the charts, and the plot was awesome. I loved this story and I enjoyed every second of this story . I was drawn into this with the first chapter and I could not stop loving from loving it . This author has grown and it shows in her work . This was a great story that I enjoyed up until the end and wanted more. I cannot see what’s next from this author.

review by Lindsey
Merry Jelks-Emmanuel
Jan 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This story is intense and draws you in right from the beginning. Graham and Avery have loved each other for ever but family and life got in the way of this couple and they were pulled apart. Now both are back in town and like before are drawn to each other. Will the lies and betrayal get in the way of their second chance at love? I voluntarily agreed to receive an ARC of this book for an honest review.
Lori
Jan 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc
I loved this story. It has a bit of a Romeo and Juliet mind of feel to it. ( spoiler allert, Romeo and Juliet do not die in this story ). Reaching Refuge is the perfect name for this story. There is always someone needing a refuge.

I will say this is a very gripping, edge of your seat page turner. The who done it's, and the why's, just keep piling up. Everything comes together in the end. Wow, what an ending!

The Shelter Me Series is a must read.
Darcy
Mar 31, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2019, romance, e-book
I liked this one, but it didn't resonate with me like the first one did. I was glad that Avery and Graham were able to find each other again in the way they should have been together the whole time. I was a bit shocked with the drama between their families, but glad it is now out in the open and Avery and Graham can just be together.
Kathryn
Feb 02, 2019 rated it really liked it
This is a moving and emotional read. This is amazing second chance romance with several twists and turn. The plot had a non stop pace that keeps you on your toes. Avery and Graham after every thing they had been, they got the HEA they deserve in this well plotted and written story.
I received an advanced copy and am voluntarily leaving an unbiased, honest review.
Fleur
Feb 02, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2019
Avery and Foster were in love but her family made sure they wouldn't stay together and both leave town but separately, now they are both back in town sidestepping each other but there is a second chance at love for them if they take it but will everything going on break them yet again. There is plenty of suspense, twists, shocks, passion and nail biting moments that have you turning the page needing to know what was going happen next and hoping Avery and Foster can finally be together.
Izzybear
Jan 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I loved Avery and Graham’s story. It’s wonderfully written with a well thought out plot. Their story is intense and full of passion. It definitely gave me all the feels. Once I started I couldn’t put it down.
I would definitely recommend this one.
Samantha   Vickery
Jan 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Sucked this book right up. I really enjoyed the characters and the plot. I love Annie’s writing style and attention to detail. I cannot wait to read more of her books
Kelly Vidito
Jan 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I loved Graham and Avery’s story. It’s a great second chance, romantic suspense story. It captured me from the beginning. I highly recommend it. I received an ARC for an honest review.
Nicole
Jan 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Reaching Refuge by Annie Anderson is Book 2 in the Shelter me series. This was such a great story, it covered a number of tropes (small town romance, second chance, romantic suspense) but didn’t feel overwhelmed at all and it came together seamlessly.
The writing style and character building were spot on.
Avery and Graham were interesting, independent, stubborn, flawed and had great journies both together and apart.
Fantastic addition to the series.
Jessica Robbins
Feb 28, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: own-kindle

What an intriguing romance to follow. Avery and Graham have quite a history behind them that one would think would go away after awhile but this book proves that wrong in so many ways. Combine never ending love, protective instincts, horrible family members, bad guys, and essentially never ending alcohol to create one explosive situation that these two have to pay for. It is quite engrossing following th
Rebecca Austin
Feb 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: review-sassy
This was a great book with lots of twists and turns to keep you wondering what was going to happen next!

At the beginning I was so mad at why Annie and Graham were forced apart and I wondered what had happened between their families to cause such hatred. Gradually through the book you learn a little more about what has been going on and things begin to fall into place.

I thought Annie was a great character who was working hard at getting Antler’s Pub successful although she was unfortunately unde
Ashley Carr, LSoR
Jan 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I thoroughly enjoyed this book. This book had me captivated from the beginning, I just had to keep reading to know how it ended. Graham and Avery have a love like no other but their families conspire against them and they are torn apart. When Avery finally comes back to town after her father’s funeral she feels like there has been too much time and they can’t reconnect. Graham and Avery haven’t stopped loving each other but their families keep getting in the way. Will they let their families st ...more
Goodreads Librari...: Add book to series 3 14 Jan 09, 2019 01:36PM
Annie Anderson is a military wife and United States Air Force veteran. Originally from Dallas, Texas, she is a southern girl at heart, but has lived all over the US and abroad. As soon as the military stops moving her family around, she’ll settle on a state, but for now she enjoys being a nomad with her husband, two daughters, an old man of a dog, and a young pup that makes life… interesting.

In he

Shelter Me (3 books)
  • Seeking Sanctuary (Shelter Me #1)
  • Chasing Cover (Shelter Me #3)