Start by marking “Not So Nice Guy” as Want to Read:
Not So Nice Guy

Not So Nice Guy

3.89  ·  Rating details ·  14,094 ratings  ·  1,536 reviews
"Oh my god. Who is that?"
I get asked this question a lot.
"Oh him?" I reply. "That's just Ian."

Just Ian is the biggest understatement of the century.
Just the Mona Lisa. Just the Taj Mahal. Just Ian, with his boring ol' washboard abs and dime-a-dozen dimpled smile.

Just Ian is... just my best friend.

We're extremely close, stuck so deep inside a Jim-and-Pam-style friendzone ev
Published August 9th 2018

To ask other readers questions about Not So Nice Guy, please sign up.
Kyle If you can find it for that it is worth it. Amazon has it for $14.99. http://www.more-book.info/1doxq4
But it can be got for free.
Kind of. It is avai…more
But it can be got for free.
Kind of. It is available on Kindle Unlimited. You can get a free 30 day by going to Kindle http://www.more-book.info/FREE-Trial and viola it is free. After that it is like $9/Mo. and you can get THOUSANDS of books. (less)

·  14,094 ratings  ·  1,536 reviews

Start your review of Not So Nice Guy
Carol [Goodreads Addict]
Not So Nice Guy, by R.S. Grey, is one of those books that just makes you smile, all the way through. The characters are just so adorable, even when things are going wrong, they’re still adorable. You know right from the start that they are supposed to be together, that they are meant to be together. This book is the hilarious journey these two had to go on to find that out for themselves.

woman riding her bicycle

Ian Fletcher and Samantha (Sam) Abrams met during orientation when they were hired on as teachers at Oak Hill
Katerina
Best friends to lovers? ✔️
Naughty teachers? ✔️
Sizzling chemistry? ✔️
Belly-shaking laughter? ✔️
Delectable, I-wanna-have-your-babies male lead? ✔️
Permanent residence in pink clouds decorated with candy bars with unicorns and lovebears as neighbours? ✔️✔️

I THINK R.S. Grey HAS RUINED ME FOR LIFE.
Please send help in the form of liquid courage, sugar and/or carbs.

Not So Nice Guy is the recipe for disaster. It will make you antisocial (I-will-rip-your-heart-out-if-you-interrupt-me antisocial), it will
Warda
Jul 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
[4.5 ⭐️]
I mean, if a book isn’t supposed to make you this happy, then I don’t see the point in it.
I devoured it.
Do you even have to ask whether I loved it? I read it twice within the space of a week.

Pre-reading rambles.
Well, this is the best Thursday I have had in a while!
I RECEIVED A DAMN ARC, WORMS!
It’s past 1am and the logic dictates that I must stay up and read this book.

Switching up my #BookTubeAthon challenges and so I kicked out a book and replaced it with this glory.

Let’s goooooo!
Patty ~ Wrapped Up In Reading Book Blog
*****FIVE STARS*****
{ARC Generously Provided by Author}

For three years, we were best friends who were secretly in love with each other. Three years is a long time to subdue a crush.

NOT SO NICE GUY is a romantic comedy with the friends-to-lovers trope. It is filled with so many laugh out loud moments. I fell head over heels in love with Ian and Samantha’s story. These two were so perfect for each other but seemed utterly clueless to that fact. Waiting for them to finally get together was almost t
Kim
Aug 09, 2018 rated it did not like it
Recommends it for: Nobody, seriously, read something better
Jenny••Steamy Reads Blog••
I have always devoured RS Grey’s writing and her books. This book, holy shit, I LoVeD the crap out of it!! I think I had a permanent smile throughout it.

When a book makes you love so easily, when it makes you literally laugh out loud countless times, it’s definitely a winner. And that’s what this book did for me, made me love hard and gosh, did I laugh

It begins when best friends Ian & Samantha are both teachers at the same high school. They are so close in fact, the rest of the teacher cro
Jilly
Nov 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This book is adorable and hilarious. It's light-hearted and will just have you laughing and feeling good about life, so only read it when you are in that mood. Sometimes, I don't want to feel-good when I read. I want something that appeals to my cold, dead heart that has violence, gore, and evil villains that make me check my door-locks at night. But, every once in a while, I don't want to think - I just want to laugh. This is the book for those kind of moods. When you just want to shut-off your ...more
~**Anna**~ A Romance Reader
LOVED IT!!!

I had so much fun reading this book. Ian and Sam are so amazing together. They are one of my favorite couples ever!

I also really liked that there’s no unnecessary drama, OM, OW and that Ian is not a manwhore. Yaay!

This book is going straight to my 2018 favorites. If you are looking for a sweet, fun, romantic, friends to lovers story, look no further!
Jessi ♥️ H. Vojsk
Aug 23, 2018 rated it it was ok

Wow, until the big “plot twist” this was a great and funny book, but then...
I’m sorry, but this was boring and full of cliches.

Again, sorry for the readers who loved this.
Alex ♈
I don’t find it funny to read about meek heroines, whose brain switches off the second their estrogen level is raising.
Sexual tension does NOT mean weak brain activity!

And her lack of self-confidence drove me nuts!
Starr (AKA Bam Bam) Rivers
Nov 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Gavin, Debra
Recommended to Starr (AKA Bam Bam) by: Princess under cover
The short of it is that I will be checking out more books by this author, that's how much I liked this one!

I rarely like contemporary romances these days, what with the trash I've been reading and DNFing left and right with my most hated tropes: manwhore, alpha asshole, lust and hard core kinky sex but no love connection, stupid/ crazy heroine, ridiculous descriptions of the guy's junk, cheating, rape, hostage, etc.

Princess Under Cover recommended this to me as she was reading it, and girl, you
Tianna✸loves books✸
Dull reads

Sam and Ian are best friends for three years. They spend 99% of there time together and are codependent. Both have feelings for each other but don’t want to ruin there friendship. Honestly this is some 10th friends to lover book I’m reading since last month. All are on the same lines. They don’t want to ruin there friendship. But inside they are already horny by for each other.

So anyways the way both behave, it felt like they are some high school students and not teachers. Add onto th
Sabrina
Aug 09, 2018 rated it really liked it
NOW LIVE!
Amazon US * Amazon UK

Now So Nice Guy was a fantastic friends-to-lovers story. Ian and Sam's friendship was so fun to read about and then when it turned in to more it made them even better. I loved that connection they had and how it never went away even when they were starting to take their relationship to something bigger than friends. It was the best part of this book and the reason I adored reading about these characters. There wasn't a ton of drama which was refreshing and made this
Dali
R.S. Grey’s vibrancy shines through as she puts her unique spin on the friends to lovers trope in “No So Nice Guy.” A story about two teachers who met while starting to work at the same school a few years back but because of a series of unfortunate miscommunications end up repressing their true feelings for one another but becoming best friends.
“Ian and I became friends three and a half years ago, close to 1300 days if some loser out there was keeping count.”

Sam has spent fantasizing about
Beatrice Masaluñga
Sep 20, 2018 rated it it was ok
Shelves: new-adult, arc
ARC kindly provided by the author in exchange for an honest review.

Samantha Abrams and Ian Fletcher are co-teachers and best friends for three years since they're hired at Oak Hill High School. Their friendship began during the teacher's orientation and they instantly cliqued. These two are quirky together and they read each other's minds. They're so cute often times people assumed they're couple. Over the years, Sam's feelings for Ian developed but she thought it's one-sided. Her actions are pr
Jessica
This was my last book by RS Grey. It was a waste of my time and money and I’m offended by the stupidest plot twist I’ve ever come across in a romance read.

RTC

*******************

Buddy read with my book bestie 💚
Navessa
Sep 23, 2018 rated it liked it

Ugh. This started so well. It was hilarious. Like, ugly-laugh-out-loud-funny. But then things progressed too quickly between the two characters, the humor disappeared, and this turned into some 1950s style sappy romance. All in all, the second half felt rushed and half done.
SHIRLEY ♡
I loved everything about this book. It was funny and cute.
Angie - Angie's Dreamy Reads
4.5 Stars

That's it! I'm declaring it, R.S. Grey is the QUEEN OF ROMCOM. There's just NO ONE who does it better than her. Not one single person. She writes the smartest, funniest, most wickedly charming and ridiculously swoony stories. My cheeks hurt from all the grinning and laughing I did while devouring Not So Nice Guy. I swear, I had a swarm of butterflies in my belly while reading. This story is charming and it has ALL THE SWOON. So so so good. So so so sweet. So so sooooooo sexy. I honestly
Melanie (mells_view)
This whole tightrope walk is getting harder and harder, but there’s no alternative.

This was a sweet and funny, slow-burn, best friends to lovers read. The writing is so darn good. The story is fun to follow, and keeps you turning pages. It’s low angst. Naturally funny. And Ian and Sam are so dang sweet and swoon city, I swear I’m dizzy with a toothache.

If you’re looking for an easy and fun read... you’ve found it!
preoccupiedbybooks
Aug 10, 2018 rated it it was ok
Stacey is Sassy
I liked it, but...

My life is busy and it's taking me longer to read books and I think this may be lowering my enjoyment. I'm not getting to see the highs and lows together which can draw out the drama and make it feel like the lows go on forever. In Not So Nice Guy, every time I came back to read, I was frustrated because Sam was still fighting their relationship. It almost seemed like Ian was the only one taking it seriously. He made all the effort and she just went along for the ride.
Sure, sh
Lacey (Booklovers For Life)
You just can't go wrong with R.S. Grey's romantic comedies. Not So Nice Guy is a hilarious friends-to-lovers romance between two school teachers. I thought this was adorable, a little over the top, and just plain old FUN to read. If you love R.S. Grey, you'll want Sam and Ian in your life!

Full review to come!

Thanks to the author for generously providing me an ARC to review.
Jultri
4.25/5. This book epitomises guilty pleasure, and what a pleasure it was! I was expecting adequate enough entertainment while driving to and from work. Instead, I found myself sitting in the garage long after arriving home, nearly accidentally carbon monoxide poisoning myself in there after delaying turning off the engine despite closing the garage door. I even ironed the pile of clothing that's been accumulating for more than month due to my usual procrastination when it comes to ironing -all t ...more
Jessica  (Angie & Jessica's Dreamy Reads)
RS Grey's Not So Nice Guy had me laughing out loud on almost every single page. The COM in this book actually packed a bigger punch than the ROM in this romantic comedy and that's not exactly a bad thing. This is a sugary sweet friends to lovers romance full of hilarious banter and over the top antics. It had me swooning almost as often as I tumbled over in laughter. It's light and quirky and I had so much fun reading Samantha and Ian's story.

RS Grey has to be one of the smartest writers around
Maria✦❋Steamy Reads Blog❋✦
This needed to be longer. I hope this isn't going to be a pattern from now on. :|
Diana
DNF at 17%

This is totally on me. Everybody else in the Buddy Read loved it, I just couldn't get into it. I should also mention that I am not into friends to lovers trope at all.

Please go by other reviews. I think I am just being McGrumpypants!!
Bookphenomena (Micky)
This was an incredibly fun read and I am glad I gave RS Grey another chance after not being keen a few years ago. This was a gorgeous friends to more story and the friendship with these two was so very deep and lovely. Their journey to more was hilarious and very chemistry-laden, it was both amusing and delicious reading.

The context of teachers in a high school was super fun and I can’t say I’ve read much in this setting, so it felt very fresh. I did find the heroine occasionally annoying but t
Maria...
Jul 30, 2018 marked it as to-read
Dammmmm this blurb sounds HOOOOOTTT!!!🔥🔥🔥🔥

Ian sound yummy as well!!! 😋😋😋😏

Can’t wait to see how dirty he can be in a class room! 👏👍🔥🔥🔥

I bet A LOT!!!😍🤩😎
Ashley
Aug 03, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2018
Read this full review and many more at: 5171 Miles Book Blog.

I don’t know what I can say about R.S. Grey’s books that I haven’t already said a million and one times. I will read every book this woman writes because each one is so much FUN! To date, I think Not So Nice Guy is Grey’s most hilarious book – I was laughing at something on practically every page.

“You look like an American Girl Doll named Chastity.”

I love a good friends-to-lovers romance and no one, in my opinion, writes it better than
What's the Name o...: SOLVED. Teachers~ friends to romance. [s] 4 35 Apr 20, 2019 06:54AM
Turning Pages At ...: Not So Nice Guy by R. S. Grey 56 28 Sep 08, 2018 11:20AM

• Two Weeks Notice
  • Dirty Headlines
  • Forget You, Ethan (Forget You Ethan, #1)
  • Hate Notes
  • A Nordic King (Nordic Royals, #3)
  • Love, Sincerely, Yours
  • Inappropriate
  • The Boss Who Stole Christmas (Reindeer Falls, #1)
  • Marriage for One
  • Four Day Fling
  • The Secret to Dating Your Best Friend's Sister
  • I Bet You
  • Luna and the Lie
  • Jock Rule (Jock Hard, #2)
  • The Chase (Briar U, #1)
  • The Billionaire Boss Next Door
  • The Naked Truth
  • Hard Sell (21 Wall Street, #2)
R.S. Grey is the USA Today bestselling author of fourteen novels, including THE FORTUNATE ONES. She loves books, chocolate, reality TV, and cold weather. She lives in Texas with her husband, daughter, and two dogs. Visit her at rsgrey.com.

Instagram: @AuthorRSGrey