Start by marking “Scarlett” as Want to Read:
Scarlett

Scarlett

You know how fairy tales start?
Once upon a time...blah, blah, blah.
Girl meets handsome prince...blah, blah, blah.
They kiss...blah, blah, blah.
Throw in an apple and she almost dies, he swoops in and saves her life. Then they live happily ever after?

My story is just like that, but with a few minor changes.

Goes like this: Girl sees family being murdered; girl runs for her lif
Published August 30th 2018

A Book Obsessed Brit
This debut novel by Jenna Cole is very different from the other novels I have read so far in The Meet Me In Savannah Collection. Scarlett was not what I was expecting at all, it held a darker edge, a romantic suspense and one I enjoyed.

Scarlett is our heroine, at 18 she witnesses her parents murder and flee's, changing her identity and runs away to Savannah. For the next year Scarlett is on a path to find out who killed her parents. She starts off an almost meek sheltered young woman. As we get
Teri
Aug 29, 2018 rated it really liked it
OK I love me a romance like anyone else but add suspense and chaos and I am all over it. Unfortunately that's what sucks about novellas, I feel it cheats the writer because there just isn't enough time to flesh out characters or action especially in something like this story. This was a great story but it was missing. It feels like I walked in during the middle of the action instead of at the beginning and I wanted no needed more to be able to fully appreciate all that went into it. Trust me you ...more
Natasha
Aug 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Scarlett wasn’t prepared to leave her life in New York, but she needed to protect herself. She is told to from a note left behind after her parents are murdered to “Meet Me in Savannah”. Once she gets to Savannah she is determined to find out who wanted her parents dead. She just didn’t know that she was being watched. Liam is her protector and very intrigued by how determined Scarlett is. He just didn’t know that her determination would land her in the arms of Beau, the man running for office i ...more
Charlene
Aug 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I love it when a book plays out like a movie, when I can actually “see” the story because the author’s words are that good. When I discovered that this is her debut book, I was impressed, because wow, can she write!! She’s definitely gained a fan in me!

Karen Kay
Aug 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
**’And although she was always prepared for a day like this, she never truly expected for it to come.’**

Scarlett runs from her home in New York and heads to Savannah not knowing who to trust, The one who is ‘watching her’ or the one who says he will protect her.

Wow. Right from the start this book had me gripped and unable to put it down. I loved how it wasn’t so much a cut and dry love story! I want more from Scarlett and the other characters. Highly recommend this book!

Špela
Aug 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I received an eARC of the book by the author in an exchange for an honest review.
The story is very original and for me it wasn't predictable. I was so consumed by the story that I couldn't think about how the book will end.
I really liked how all the charachters were connected with each other. It made a really nice circle.
Scarlett was brave and she didn't give up on her mission, which was a right thing to do.
You should pick up this book. I know I loved it.
Emma Nichole
Aug 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2018
The blurb for this story sucked me in.
The cover captivated me.
The story impressed me.
Jenna Cole was brave for her debut novel. The love triangle-esque feel to the story is intriguing and I was absolutely in love with one side of said triangle from the start (I hope he gets his own novel one day!)
It was sexy, it was suspenseful, it was unique, and it was a fun, quick read.
SassyLittleBookNerd
Sep 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Wow... this book was incredible! Just when you think you’ve got it all figured out, Jenna the goddess is she, throws you threw a whirled wind of emotions, twists and turns and more!!

This has to go down as one of my top 5 reads on the year! Jenna nailed it perfectly! It was just amazing! I love me a good drama filled suspense romance and this is just that! It was the cover and blurb that pulled me in, and once I started reading it, I couldn’t put it down, I managed to finish it within a few hour
Dani
Aug 20, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arcs, books-read-2018
Scarlett, the debut novel by Jenna Cole, was a gritty, edge of your seat, angsty story that features Scarlett, a young woman that is running for her life while also trying to figure out what the hell she's supposed to do now. After watching her family be murdered she isn't sure who she can trust, or if she will ever be out of danger again.

As she looks over her shoulder constantly and tries to settle into her new "normal" she finds out some things about her life, past and present, that change eve
Paula D
Sep 11, 2018 rated it really liked it
Okay I’ve sat on this review for days. I’m gonna be completely honest. I totally loved the story BUT I don’t like Beau. Sorry I couldn’t get into his character at all. Beau to me was boring and I felt no chemistry whatsoever with him. Now Scarlett oh I love her! Scarlett is strong, determined has that darkness in her just waiting to get out and that’s one thing I hoped we would see more of. Now Scarlett and Beau together just no It felt nothing to me he was a father figure Scarlett missed. Now L ...more
Kathy Wideman
This is a debut book for Jenna Cole. I loved to story. It pulled me in. I love the characters. This book has romance, danger, mystery and more. Scarlett is trying to settle into her new and find answers to her past. She just keeps running into dead ends though. Then she meets two men. One wants a chance with her and could cause her danger indirectly. The other is supposed to watch her, he wants her but knows her can never have her. This book takes you on one heck of a rollercoaster ride. This bo ...more
Sassy Southern
Aug 29, 2018 rated it really liked it
WOW!!!! This book was full of so many twists and turns that every time I thought I knew what was going on something else was sprung on me. Intense right from the start, this book is full of drama and suspense from the very beginning until the end. This was a very fast read for me and one I couldn't put down until I was done.

Scarlett witnesses her parents murder and is on a mission to find those responsible. She ends up in Savannah where she meets Liam. All we know is that he is charged with pro
Amanda McCalip
Aug 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing
WHATTTTTT!!! Jenna Cole slayed her debut novel! I definitely was not expecting this in the Meet Me in Savannah collection, but I am so glad that I read this! It was a bit darker and I loved every single second of it. The suspense kept me drawn in and it literally played out scene for scene in my mind and I love when I get that feeling while reading a book.

Scarlett didn't have a choice but to run from her past life and now she is not only trying to learn who exactly she is, but she's trying to l
Angie McGuire
Aug 19, 2018 rated it really liked it
This book is sad and dark, with suspense, and some love thrown in there a little bit. This book was definitely not what I was expecting at all. Scarlett was kind of lost with the sadness that filled her soul... You know why she's sad and ready for revenge, but you don't know the reason WHY. And it's a doozy.

You meet Liam and Beau and I wasn't sure who they truly are to Scarlett. Were they linked to her negatively, or were they there to make a positive turn into her life of sadness? Well, turns
Stacy Curiale
Sep 07, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I thoroughly enjoyed reading this book. I was on the edge of my seat the entire time. Questions filled my head and I just couldn't put the book down until they were answered and I had all the details.

Scarlett went through a tragic death and had no time to grieve or deal with what happened before she had to leave and start a new life in Savannah. Where she is being watched, She is looking for answers about her parents death, not realizing she is putting herself at risk.

my only complaint is that
Leslee
Sep 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I can't bring myself to give any more information about the plot of Scarlett beyond what is in the blurb so you can experience it. I went in knowing only that and promptly was swept up into a dark, delicious tale of murder, betrayal, connections, and desire. The writing of Jenna Cole is sinful and decadent; I was quite blown away by this tale. Scarlett knows very little about how or who killed her parents and threw her into a life that is driven by that puzzle. She travels to Savannah to gain th ...more
FunUndertheCovers
Aug 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I’m definitely a fan of Jenna Cole after reading this debut book. If you love to find new authors, I highly recommend this one!

In this gripping, mysterious and sexy story, Scarlett is hiding who she once was, seeking answers and revenge. Liam is watching her, stalking, wanting what he can’t have. Beau is watching her, stalking, wanting what he means to have. Both seeming t
J.M. Kelley
Aug 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Author Jenna Cole had me at the alluring blurb and gorgeous cover! I was intrigued and just had to read this story. Ms. Cole did not disappoint!! Her unique artistic style of writing immersed me into the story making the characters come to life. The tragedy Scarlett suffers makes it hard not to root for her. The plot weaves in the perfect amount of danger and sexiness to keep you wanting to read until the end. The men set out to protect Scarlett are sexy, mysterious and charismatic, but who will ...more
Michelle Simpson
Sep 13, 2018 rated it really liked it
Scarlett is on the run after witnessing the killing of her parents. Does she know what she is really running from? Not really but she will find out if it's the last thing she does. She has eyes on her. Each set for different reasons . Who can she trust and does she end up trusting the right person. All she wants to know is who killed her parents and why yet she reveals more than even she knew.

This is a thrilling read with the feel of danger throughout. Secrets will be revealed but can life move
Elysian Fields
Sep 02, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Wow what a great book! I bought this on a whem as it sounded like a slight mystery with a hint of mafia. The characters were great, and the plot was fun and kept me on my toes. I loved the push and pull between the three nain cgaractersvand the plot twist, through predictable was well exicuted. I thinknthisvauthor has a great future in writing and look forward to reading more from her.

I gave to book to four stars because I was left with way too many questions! While the book is complete, it feel
Shannon Schoolcraft
Sep 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Loved.

If I could give this book more than 5 stars, I would. From the first page, the author has you wanting to know whats going to happen next. Scarlett is a real page turner. There were a few jaw dropping moments. This book is well worth the read. Very well done. Looking forward to reading more of the authors works. Hope there will be more books to dive further into these characters. I'm rooting for Liam. #Liam.
Cee Cee Houston
Aug 29, 2018 rated it really liked it
Scarlett by debut author Jenna Cole is a gripping intense and thrilling story.
Scarlett is on the run when she arrives in Savannah, all she wants to do is get her revenge but she can’t do it alone. Two men watching and stalking one woman, but for their own ends. But who can Scarlett really trust? Beau or Liam? Maybe both… or maybe, neither.
Can she find the right answer in time, or will she have to keep running?
Philomena Callan Cheekypee
Aug 31, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: loved-it
This is the authors debut novel and what a great story to start off her writing career.

Wow Scarlett. What a rollercoaster of a ride you took me on.

Scarlett arrives in Savannah on the run. She’s hiding from her former life while looking for the truth. Two men Liam and Beau. Both attracted to Scarlett. You need to read the story to find out more about them.

A great read full of suspense. I really didn’t see how it was going to end. Can’t wait to read more from this author.
Angela
Sep 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Coming out of the darkness

Wow this book gets to you. People get so lost in their grief that they are no longer living themselves. Birdy / Scarlett isn't living. She needs to find out sent her life into darkness. She needs closure , she needs revenge.
When Beau first sees Scarlett he is instantly captivated by her . He falls hard & fast, he has to have her in his life. He can see by the sadness in her eyes that there is trouble in her life, he will do anything to protect her , she is his .
Liam
Kasey McCarthy
Aug 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Birdy is a normal girl coming home on subway. She doesn’t know her life will change forever. She has to assume a new name Scarlett. Liam has a job to do by watching a young woman without her knowing. One night Scarlett meets a man named Beau who pulls her in and allows her to forget. The only problem is Beau and Liam are both attracted to her. Who will she fall for? Will she ever find out secrets she’s looking for?
Bailey Boughton
Aug 31, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Murder, lies and love

This book will have you hooked from the get go! It’s got this thriller vibe and you’ll be trying to figure out whose good, whose bad!! And twists and turns you didn’t see coming!! And of course a HEA!! I couldn’t put this book down!! Go read it now!!
Jodi Kelly
Shelves: 2018, kindle-books
Scarlett is badass and I want to be just like her when I grow up lol.. Another in one sitting read! I still want to know what happens to Uncle Sal and The Dad but not so much that I'm disappointed. Liams story though... I'd read that!
Evelyn
Aug 20, 2018 rated it really liked it
Wow! For a first time author this was a great read. I will admit that the story was a bit rushed but the flow of it was amazing. Great characters, story and a bit of sexy all mixed into one. I look forward to seeing what else Ms. Cole has up her sleeve.
Rachel H
Sep 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Amazing

I read a lot . Like 200 plus books a year . So I’m usually good at figuring the characters and the plot out . I couldn’t do that with this book. It kept me guessing and I was so torn on what I wanted to happened! But it was beautiful! Great book.
Rachel
Aug 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing
GAH!! I was not prepared for this awesomeness! Scarlett was so perfect! I wish it had been a little longer, but so much was packed into this novella - PERFECT!
« previous 1 3 next »
Romance Retreat: Romatic Suspense 1 13 Oct 22, 2018 06:10AM
Jenna is a book hoarding, book boyfriend stealing author from Florida. She's the wife of an Army veteran (Hooah) and the mother of a teen daughter (send wine). She works in the corporate world, where she's been busted several times for breaking out her kindle to finish a book. When she's not spending time with her family, you can find her reading, hitting up the beach, and blogging and chatting ab ...more