Start by marking “Tales of Ever After (Fellowship of Fantasy, #4)” as Want to Read:
Tales of Ever After (Fellowship of Fantasy, #4)

Tales of Ever After (Fellowship of Fantasy, #4)

A Fellowship of Fantasy Anthology

Rescue a princess, meet a mermaid, win your reward.

The authors of the Fellowship of Fantasy tackle fairy tales from once upon a time to happily ever after. Explore twists on old tales and brand new magical stories. Meet feisty mermaids, friendly lampposts, and heroes who just might be monsters themselves.

This fourth anthology from the Fello
Published August 3rd 2018 by Fellowship of Fantasy

To ask other readers questions about Tales of Ever After, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Tales of Ever After

Start your review of Tales of Ever After (Fellowship of Fantasy, #4)
Kendra Ardnek
I don't normally rate my own books, but this isn't just my book, and the other fifteen tales in this collection are so lovely.
Aug 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Excellent collection of stories— the best yet, in fact!
Deborah O'Carroll
Note: I've only read 3 of the stories in this collection (so I feel kind of weird reviewing it), but I reviewed those three for the Tales of Ever After blog tour and am posting those here. I'll probably update this review someday when I read the rest of the stories in the collection, but I LOVED the 3 I read so far, so I feel like rating the overall collection 5 stars works, since it's definitely worth it at least for these. :D

CINDERS
by Kendra E. Ardnek

Okay, that was adorable and enchanting! I h
Bettye McKee
Entertaining

This is a well-written collection of stories written by different authors. I enjoyed each and every story in the book. Of course, most, if not all, of the stories involved a princess and some kind of magic.

Katy
Sep 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is a fun and thoughtful collection of fairy tales, but nothing like Disney even though they're all clean. Many original, clever stories are found within these pages, and every one of them has something special to recommend! Usually when I read an anthology, one or two become special favorites, but I can't say that about this one; I liked all of them!
Lisa Eiff
Jul 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed reading this collection. It's clean and delightful fantasy retelling of a variety of classic fairy tale stories that can be read and enjoyed by readers of any age. If you enjoy fairy tale retellings and prefer stories without harsh language or deviant situations, you will enjoy reading this collection.
Intisar Khanani
Sep 30, 2018 rated it really liked it
A solid set of stories, some better than others. My favorite was Savannah Jezowski's mermaid tale. The anthology is currently free on Amazon and elsewhere... who knows what new authors you might discover? ;)
Anna Mussmann
Nov 14, 2018 rated it really liked it
A bit of a mixed bag. The story by Lia London was wonderful, laugh-out-loud material. How could I not enjoy descriptions such as, “This time, the vicious creatures swarmed, taking to the air around Jack in a swirling snarl of matted fur and pointy bits that showed a complete disregard for all respectable laws of physics?”

I also appreciated the tales by Kendra E. Ardnek, H.L. Burke, and Emily Martha Sorensen.
Lenni Jones
Jul 29, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arcs-and-special
I love fairy tales, especially reading retellings and learning new ones. I got to do both with this anthology! I’m super excited to share my opinions with everyone! Here goes!!!!!

#1 “Cinders” by Kendra E. Ardnek
“Cinders” was a funny and cute story of Cinderella. It’s also the perfect way to start out this anthology. This story was also very original and I can definitely say that the author is very creative. Five stars!!!

#2 “At the Corner of Elm & Main” by H.L. Burke
Cute, short, happy. The story
Marquise
Not quite consistently good all throughout the stories it contains, but with enough good stories to be one of the better anthologies out there.

The retellings I liked best were:

Tears of the Sea by Savannah Jezowski
A take on "The Little Mermaid" that was my absolute favourite. It's not like the original by Andersen at all, maybe the mermaid's fascination with humans is about the only element in common or so, and it could qualify as its own mermaid fantasy story instead of going out as a retelli
Scott
Sep 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I really wasn't for sure about this anthology before I started reading it because of it being basically fairy take retellings , not an I glad I did . I enjoyed this book from start to finish and the authors did a fantastic job with their versions and I think a few originals . If I remember correctly this book is kind of short less than 300 pages , so before you know it you've read all the stories and when your done I'm pretty sure you spend like me glad you read it . So go pick this up and give ...more
C.O. Bonham
Tales of Ever After is the fourth anthology from the Fellowship of Fantasy. This multi author collection is connected by the theme of fairytales. Featuring both retellings of your favorite classics and original stories with a fairytale flare

Whether you like your fairytales with heart or snark there is something for everyone.
Somia
Apr 16, 2019 marked it as to-read
Free on amazon 16th April 2019
J.M. Jablowski
Sep 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Let me just say, these were adorable. I don't really have another way to describe all the sweet little warm fuzzies I got from story after story.
And, if I'm not mistaken, every single author that is published in this book is an indie author, so this is a great way to be introduced to your next favorite author.
There were 16 of these wonderful fairy tales in here, so obviously I can't review them ALL. Therefore I'm going to highlight my three favorites, in no particular order

The Princess and The
Aria
Dec 30, 2018 rated it really liked it
I loved this!
Rottgrl88
Aug 28, 2020 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fantasy
Picked this freebie up on Amazon Kindle. According to one of the co-authors, it will be free FOREVER!!

Allyson Grove
Aug 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A great read

Often with anthologies I find I like I one or two stories and call it good . This time I thoroughly enjoyed every one of them . I found some new authors to follow and fun reads by some authors I already enjoy. If you enjoy a good happily ever after this is just the read for you.
Clairisa
Jul 06, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A Wonderful Collection of Short Stories!

1. Cinder by Kendra E. Ardneck 🌟🌟🌟🌟
A Really cute story about a little kitten who wants the help of a fairy godmother so that she could live with the Prince but there's a twist at the end. I really enjoyed this one

2. At the corner of Elm & Main by H.L.Burke🌟🌟🌟🌟
A unique and sweet story about a lamppost who is alive.

3. Tears of the Sea by Savannah Jezzowski🌟🌟🌟🌟
I love the story take on Mermaids or Mer people.

4. Steelhand by Ashley Capes🌟🌟🌟🌟
A unique twist on Sl
Sandra
Aug 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I bought this anthology the minute I heard it was out--loved the previous anthology and loved this one as well. Okay, not every story was a favorite, but most were great. You can't beat witty, thought-provoking, twisty tales and these deliver on that. For instance, Believing Fairy Tales, by Arthur Daigle (my personal favorite) says "Some fairy tales are true. The dangerous ones are partly true." The fun is discovering which ones ARE dangerous and which parts ARE true! So it you enjoy fairy tales ...more
Tasha  Ní Mhiacháin
I didn't fully read all of the stories written in this collection of tales.

Some were really gripping and so well written I didn't want them to end.

Some were very peculiar.

And some just weren't for me.

But if you're interested in a unique collection of short stories then this book is for you.
Naticia
Mar 06, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A sweet collection of fairy tale based short stories. My personal favorite was "The Princess and the Stone-Picker", but there were several gems in here. Highly recommended to fans of happily ever afters, and I'm excited to read more by several of these authors.
Anne Wingate
Nov 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Well Worth Reading

This is one of a series of modern and old-fashioned stories in the fairy tale genre. I enjoy them so much that I wish wrote this kind of work so that I could be a part of this game. But since I don't, I can rejoice in reading them.
Becca
I love fairytales, so it came as no surprise that this is my favorite Fellowship of Fantasy Anthology. I skimmed a few of the stories, but here's a list of the ones I enjoyed:

At the Corner of Elm and Main by H. l. Burke -- The main character is a lamppost...

Tears of the Sea by Savannah Jezowski -- Everything I've read by Savannah Jezowski is incredible, but this Little Mermaid retelling touched me more deeply than I could have expected.

Steelhand by Ashley Capes -- steampunk retelling of Sleeping
H.L. Burke
Jul 12, 2018 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
was the editor/administrator for this project ... which means I did read the whole thing, so it's counting for my Goodreads challenge.
Theresa
Sep 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
I really enjoyed most of these fairytale retellings. They were fun and different to read. I especially liked the cat Cinderella, Princess Fiona and the frog, the stone-picker, and the last story. Two other honorable mentions was King or Beggar and Believing Fairytales. Definitely recommend.
Karen
Sep 17, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Lots of fun introductions to new authors through their short stories. I especially enjoyed "The Princess and the Stone-Picker"; "The Greatest Adventure"; "Third Princess"; "Being Seen"; "How to Hide a Prince"; and "The Loathly Princess of Edimor".
Amy Merritt
Sep 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Enjoyable to the end!

This is a good read. If you like fairy tales with a twist then read this book. Good job to all the authors.
Angel Leya
I don't often give five star reviews to anthologies, but this one was awesome. There was so much diversity in the stories, all bearing the fairtale theme.

Here were the ones I loved the most:

Cinders by Kendra E. Ardnek

Third Princess by Emily Martha Sorenson gets honorab
Donna Mitchell
Sep 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great stories!

These altered fairy tales were great! I liked the modern viewpoints and character studies of many of them. Some of the endings were a surprise, which was fun.
Jojo
Aug 01, 2018 rated it liked it
Guys I got an ARC (Advanced Reader Copy) and it’s one of the most exciting things that’s ever happened to me! And all they want in exchange is an honest review, so here we are.

Basically this one reads like a fun treasury of fairy tales, except they are set in such drastically different worlds and told in such contrasting styles that it feels a little like a patchwork quilt. But I love patchwork quilts! While a luxurious sheet of silk may be a beautiful work of art, a patchwork quilt has so may d

• A Gown of Spider Silk (Once Upon a Short Story, #2)
  • The Reluctant Godfather (The Tales of Ambia, #1)
  • A Royal Masquerade  (The Tales of Ambia #2)
  • Mirrors and Pearls: A Retelling of Snow White
  • The Red Dragon Girl (Firethorn Chronicles, #3)
  • Mystic Notch Boxed Set: Books 1-3 (Mystic Notch #1-3)
  • Happy Father's Day! Crafts for Kids to Make for Dad
  • The Blacksmith and The Apprentice - Life Inside Minecraft!: Legends & Heroes Issue 1 (Stone Marshall's Legends & Heroes)
  • Save da Unicorns
  • The Firethorn Crown (Firethorn Chronicles, #1)
  • kids want to know about mysterious creatures
  • The Faerie Guardian (Creepy Hollow, #1)
  • Life Reader
  • Golden Braids and Dragon Blades: Steampunk Rapunzel (Steampunk Fairy Tales Book 4)
  • Eye of Obscurance (Fate of Wizardoms, #1)
  • Snapdragon: A Firethorn Chronicles Short Story
  • Beneath Black Sails (Beneath Black Sails, #1)
Born in a small town in north central Oregon, H. L. Burke spent most of her childhood around trees and farm animals and was always accompanied by a book. Growing up with epic heroes from Middle Earth and Narnia keeping her company, she also became an incurable romantic.

An addictive personality, she jumped from one fandom to another, being at times completely obsessed with various books, movies, o

News & Interviews