Start by marking “The Rehearsal Dinner (The Wedding From Hell, #1; Firefighters, #0.5)” as Want to Read:
The Rehearsal Dinner (The Wedding From Hell, #1; Firefighters, #0.5)

The Rehearsal Dinner

(The Wedding From Hell #1)

really liked it 4.00  ·  Rating details ·  3,701 ratings  ·  419 reviews

A brand new ebook-only story from bestselling author J. R. Ward

Are you ready for The Wedding From Hell?

Dear Reader,

Kindle Edition, UK, 48 pages
Published July 17th 2018 by Piatkus

really liked it 4.00  ·

Carol [Goodreads Addict]
The Rehearsal Dinner is part one in a series of three prequels to the brand new book Consumed, by J.R. Ward.

This is our first introduction to Anne Ashburn. She has been a firefighter for two years now at Stationhouse 499 in New Brunswick. And to Danny Maguire who is also a firefighter in the same stationhouse.

One of Anne and Danny’s fellow firefighter brothers and also Danny’s best friend and roommate, is getting married. It’s four days before the wedding and all of the pre-wedding chaos has beg
Jen
*** 3.5 Stars!!!***

A quick read to give us a taste of what is to come with JR Ward’s new release coming in October! Her new series is about fire fighters and now that I have been introduced to some of the characters, I am definitely looking forward to it!

There are three introduction stories that are currently out, and even better they are free!!! So if you are a fan of JR Ward and want to check out a taste of her new series, then definitely give this a go!
Sophia Triad
Free on Amazon!

Besides writing about sexy vampires, J.R. Ward apparently can also write about sexy fire fighters.
I loved the beginning of Anne and Danny's story and I looking forward to seeing what happens next for these two.

The reception: The Reception (The Wedding From Hell, #2; Firefighters, #0.6) by J.R. Ward

Wedding from Hell 3: The Wedding from Hell, #3 Exclusive Excerpt of Consumed by J.R. Ward

Consumed: Consumed (Firefighters, #1) by J.R. Ward
Kat
Aug 15, 2018 rated it really liked it
This was a neat free! novella that introduced Anne and Danny, the characters who will feature in JR Ward’s new firefighter’s series, Consumed. Basically, one of the other firefighters is getting married in what looks to be a disaster of a wedding, and Anne and Danny are dragged along for the festivities. There are definite sparks between them and Ward’s signature writing style is there for sure.

Please excuse typos/name misspellings. Entered on screen reader.
Christy
Jul 18, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2018-four-stars
I am a huge fan of anything JR Ward, so when I saw she had a free novella as sort of a prequel to her new release out this October, Consumed, I downloaded it right away. This novella took less than an hour to read and I have to say, after finishing it, I can't wait for more! I am completely invested in these characters and can't wait to see what happens next!
Nicola
Sep 13, 2018 rated it really liked it
3.5 stars.

I predict potential in this series. Lots of delicious potential.

Definitely recommend grabbing this and the next novella whilst they're FREE!

description
Kat Valentine
This is a prequel to JR Wards new series coming out Consumed,it's about Anne and Danny!! I love these two characters,theirs a great chemistry and camaraderie between them. Anne is a strong female lead and Danny is a sexy bad boy who is falling for Anne in a big way. Can't wait for the continuing of this new series! So far so! Good!
Rachel Reads Ravenously
FREE novella from JR Ward!!!

It's the beginning of her new series coming up. I was lucky enough to get an arc of Consumed from Netgalley, so I snagged the prequel novellas to get prepared to read it. This novella was a great little escape from reality, a perfect Sunday afternoon short read. It follows coworkers Danny and Anne and the events leading up to the rehearsal dinner for their friends.

I gotta say, this novella has me excited for what is to come!!!

Follow me on ♥ FacebookBlogInstagram
Auntee
Ahhh...the missing prologue that should've been included in Consumed.
It gives a little more background to the characters and answers a few questions.
Not sure if this was edited out, or recently written to fill in some holes. But I still enjoyed it.
Chris  C - A Midlife Wife
** Book 1 and 2 are Free on Amazon for now** 7/18/18
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Quickie little novella to set the flames a’ burning! This is gonna be good!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
With a title like Wedding from Hell, you know this is going to be a book that you just have to check out. Broken into three parts, these quick novellas are perfect for a break in your monotonous day.

Part One: The Rehearsal is a riot. You can already tell that the steam and energy between these tw
Natalie ✩★ The Biblioholic ★✩
Serving as an introduction/warm-up to Ward's latest novel, Consumed, this novella introduces us to the heart of the story - its characters. There's Anne, who wants to be a guy's gal and so is treated like one. She's the newest firefighter in the company and instead of being part of the bridal party, she's a groomsman. There's Danny, her potential love interest, a true hero and one of the best firemen in the company. Then there's a couple of side characters that we don't really learn anything a ...more
♥Rachel♥
Sep 29, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: novella
A good, hot build-up between Danny and Anne. I wish the best of luck to Moose, their firefighter brother, because Deandra is a piece of work.
Marta Cox
Jul 19, 2018 rated it really liked it
This quick read is setting up the full length book that's coming soon about fire fighters . Anne and Danny work together and this novella is about the days leading up to a friends wedding. The chemistry is there for all to see but buttoned up Anne has no wish to become another notch on the bed post of always foot loose Danny or does she ?
If you've enjoyed this authors paranormal stories then you will be very happy to hear that these new characters seem just as strong and in touch with life arou
Jonetta
Interesting prelude to the series.

Anne Ashburn and Danny Maguire are both firefighters in the same company, now having to be part of the wedding party for Moose Miller, his best friend and roommate and her firefighter brother. Unfortunately, he’s marrying Bridezilla who’s also got some shade in her background. Adding to this toxic mix is Anne and Danny’s strong attraction to each other that they’re fighting hard to resist.

This was a nice tease, especially as I’m jumping right into the next nov
Fabi
Aug 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing
well...that was really good! It's just a little part of a story and I don't know the characters because I haven't read any others, but I really liked the MCs here. I'm continuing for sure.
Tanja ~ T's Book ~ KT Book Reviews
Oh this is just fab!
Ali
Aug 24, 2018 rated it did not like it
Seriously??? 48 pages!! Yes, you read it correctly FOURTY EIGHT PAGES. Not to mention the atrocious content.
This is some kind of con job or something.
This must be the shortest book ever. And it ends before anything even starts! It's like "watch episode one for free and subscribe to watch episode two"...

I never really look at the page count, but I will be in the future.
And no, I will not be reading anything else by this author ever again.
Carvanz
What a great start for the upcoming book Consumed. This is a wonderful introduction to Anne and Danny as well as the crew they work with. It covers a bit of their history as well as how they have worked together, thought about each other and feel about one another. It’s definitely leading us down an interesting and steamy road. There’s a tinny hint of trouble on the horizon from a past liaison of Danny’s so I’ll be looking out for that but at this point, Anne is all he sees.

Dual POV
Safe (view sp
Mindy Lou's Book Review
Sep 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2018
This was a great little teaser to the up and coming new book Consumed. It's crazy how quick the author hooked me on Anne and Danny. One of their firefighter buddies is getting married and the whole team are groomsmen, even Anne. The bride and groom seem like a complete disaster and watching everything unfold between those to and the growing attraction to Anne and Danny was pretty riveting. I can't wait to see what happens in the next prequel.

There is two prequel's and one excerpt for the book Co
Jessica
I love J. R Ward she can definitely write some steamy scenes. Yes this is different from her norm no paranormal but so worth it. I mean when I got to the last page I was so upset it was done. I could have kept reading for hours it was so damn good.
Anne is a female firefighter surrounded by men. She feels the sexual attraction with Danny but is trying not to get burn. He is so tired of wanting her from afar. This series is a must read and enjoy the sexual tension omg.
Jean
Jul 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
It was great to get a glimpse of things before Consumed and how Anne and Daniel's relationship started!
Λίνα Θωμάρεη
OOOOOOOOOh come on..... really????

Now I want desperately read "Consumed"....

I think 2,5 stars it's pretty good rate about this 45pages book....
☕️Kimberly
Jul 20, 2018 rated it liked it
The Rehearsal Dinner introduces us to the men and women of the 499 firehouse in New Brunswick, Massachusetts. This is a short story that quickly introduces the crew and our heroine Anne Ashburn and hero Danny "Dannyboy" Maguire. Robert "Moose" Miller's wedding nuptials are days away and his fiance aka "bridezilla" is upset that Anne is a groomsmen. While the story is short, we gain history on Anne and Danny and bear witness to the begins of their relationship. Sizzling chemistry, denial and side ...more
Jessica  (Angie & Jessica's Dreamy Reads)
The sparks are already flying in part 1 of this prequel and we've barely scratched the surface of this storyline. The chemistry between these firefighters is scorching hot, their chemistry is electric. The Rehearsal Dinner has me SO DAMN ANXIOUS for more of what's shaping up to be one SMOKING HOT romance!!

I was already anxious for the release of Consumed BEFORE I read Part 1 of this prequel. Now?? I'm beyond DESPERATE for it. Danny and Anne are a slow burning firefighter romance in the making an
Coco.V
Jul 18, 2018 marked it as to-read
Shelves: freebie
💝FREE on Amazon & on iBooks today (7/18/2018)!💝 The Wedding from Hell, Part 2: The Reception can be pre-ordered for FREE on Amazon today too (release date 8/7/2018)!. :D

Blurb:
Are you ready for The Wedding From Hell?

Dear Reader,

It's a classic recipe for disaster: Take one bridesmaid who thinks pink is the root of all evil. Mix with a best man who's hotter than a four-alarm fire. Add in their explosive sexual attraction, a nightmare bridezilla, two catfights, and an emergency call, and you hav
Carol
Prequel to the novel "Consumed".
Very effective, made me want to read the full length book.
Part 1 of 2.
The Reception (The Wedding From Hell, #2; Firefighters, #0.6)
Terri ♥ (aka Mrs. Christian Grey)
I love the hell out of this author. I doubt there is anything she could write I didn’t like to a great degree.

I had the pleasure of reading an ARC of Consumed. I am also not a re-reader. So this prelude is an expansion what I already know. This took the wind out of my sails. I know had I not read Consumed already, this story would be killer.

So my rating is not really author based and really for the reasons I mentioned above. I didn’t enjoy it as much as I could because I already heard the basic
Alexandra
Jul 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 1018
FIREFIGHTERS! I can't wait for this new book!
Dina
Oct 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: audio, 2018-reads
5 Excellent-start stars!!

Well, my lovelies... we are heading to an awesome thing, I can just feel it ;)

Off to read more!
Sep 01, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The Rehearsal Dinner (The Wedding From Hell Part #1) is part of the Firefighters series. It is a prequel to Consumed.

This e-book is free on amazon .com.

This prequel is set prior to Consumed. It introduces readers to Anne and Danny (the main characters from that book). The story is set in New Brunswick, a city about 45 minutes from Boston.

Anne and Danny are firefighters. Danny's best friend Moose (also a firefighter) is getting married to Deandra. The rehearsal dinner is featured in this first pr
Goodreads Librari...: duplicate book listing 2 17 Jul 17, 2018 08:30AM

• An Irresistible Bachelor (An Unforgettable Lady, #2 / Callie/Grace/Walker Brothers/Moorehouse series, #3)
  • Angel (Bartered Hearts, #1)
  • Running with the Devil (Plantain MC Series, #1)
  • The Hot Line
  • How To Tame Beasts And Other Wild Things
  • A Little Big Rock (Big Rock, #0.5)
  • Birthday Burglar
  • The Major's Welcome Home
  • A Hell Hound's Fire (Cloudburst, Colorado #1)
  • Raw Heat (Larson Brothers, #3)
  • Ripple Effect (Ripple Effect, #1-4)
  • A Kiss for Luck
  • Yes, Sir
  • The Family We're Born With (Finding Family, #1)
  • Overheated
  • Soul's Fire (Northwomen Sagas, #3)
  • Lay Me Down (Reveler, #2)
J.R. Ward is the #1 New York Times bestselling author of numerous novels, including the Black Dagger Brotherhood series. She lives in the South her family.

The Wedding From Hell (3 books)
  • The Reception (The Wedding From Hell, #2; Firefighters, #0.6)
  • Exclusive Excerpt of Consumed (The Wedding From Hell, #3; Firefighters, #0.7)
“Even if I’m defending the rights of women?” “Until you grow a set of ovaries, you can shut the hell up about our rights!” 1 likes
“Mike’s Tuxedo Rental was a bolt-hole of polyester knockoffs sandwiched between a Dunkin’ Donuts on the corner and a local flower shop on the other side. As Anne parallel-parked across the street from it, she checked the clock on her dash and was relieved they had an hour before the shop closed at five.” 1 likes