Start by marking “The Vampire of Waller County” as Want to Read:
The Vampire of Waller County

The Vampire of Waller County

What if a single injection could turn humans into vampires? And what if that drug fell into the hands of a devious man bent on creating his own army of monsters?

Dr. Jim Samuels sets his sights on the sleepy town of Hogback, North Carolina, tucked into the picturesque foothills of the Blue Ridge Mountains. He’s counting on finding the kind of simple-minded fools he needs to
Published July 10th 2018

To ask other readers questions about The Vampire of Waller County, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Vampire of Waller County

Start your review of The Vampire of Waller County
Linda
Jul 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Nathan is living his life in the small town of Waller, juggling his works, his pressing obligation to write the next big novel, and his crush on Holly. Life isn´t easy when you´re a bit awkward and short on money.

Along comes the chance of a lifetime, to earn some much needed cash, and finally have the opportunity to impress his love interest. Little did he know what he was in for..

A quick, entertaining read, and I just need more from the Waller residents =D *grabby hands*

Vampires, mystery and li
Anne - Books of My Heart
This review was originally posted on Books of My Heart

Review copy was received from Author. This does not affect my opinion of the book or the content of my review.

3.5 hearts

I am friends with the author and am always excited to read her works.  I'm also friendly with the editor. I met both of them through the world of fan-fiction, years ago.

Our main character, Nathan Waller, is the most developed character. He is out of high school, a new adult. As most people this age, he is still finding out a
Thyra Dane
Jul 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This was really a gem of a book. If you want humor AND suspense, then you're in for a treat. You get Suki McMinn's great writing too, not to mention characters you'll fall in love with. I liked the small town feeling and how the main character takes everything in strides.
I've read a lot of vampire novels and it's not often I can say that I've read something really original. The Vampire of Waller County was indeed original. I really loved it and am looking forward to more stories from Waller Cou
Kimberly
Jul 19, 2018 rated it really liked it
Good humor and I loved the setting!
Karen Pollock
Jan 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
If Nathan Waller hadn’t developed a mad crush on Holly McReady he wouldn't be in this bind. Poor Nathan, he just wanted a little extra cash to impress his girl. He certainly wasn't bargaining on total transformation.

Before reading the first two titles in Suki McMinn's Waller County series, I wasn't familiar with cozy vampire stories. Funny vampires? Yes, and tons of charm.

Will nerdy Nathan win Holly's heart away from the gorgeous Keen Justice? Will the growing population of daylight-shunning res
The Book Shelf
Dec 28, 2018 rated it liked it
This little book is a fun read. It was written by a local author and it involves a lot of familiar locations and businesses. I don't read a lot of vampire stories so I can't compare it to others but it was fun to read.
Victoria Hamel
marked it as to-read
Jul 24, 2018
Suki McMinn is an American author of contemporary and paranormal fiction. She grew up in Asheville, North Carolina, and has an English Literature degree from the University of Tennessee.

After working as a model and commercial actor in Los Angeles and a newspaper columnist in North Carolina, she now lives in Phoenix, Arizona, with her husband and dogs. She’s a member of the Desert Rose chapter of t

News & Interviews