Start by marking “Third Chances” as Want to Read:
Third Chances

Third Chances

Daphne - I've always regretted not being confident enough to talk to my college crush. When he shows up during my friend's bachelorette party, I refuse to let my second chance slip through my fingers.

Rob - It was impossible to forget the beautiful brunette from campus. But I've always known she wasn't one night stand material. So I kept my distance. When she shows up years
Published July 2018

To ask other readers questions about Third Chances, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Third Chances

Sweet Spot Sisterhood Book Lover's Blog
Another outstanding book by the delectable Ivy! I absolutely love the Hunted series, and while this is a side story to James and Penny's epic tale, we learn so much more about Rob and James's family dynamics, the relationship between the two, and just how much they have been through together. In the past, it had been pretty rough. As much as James has protected Rob, Rob has also been there for James in some pretty major ways himself. They both process these aspects of their relationship differen ...more
litljen
**ARC provided by author in exchange for an honest review**

Third Chances is part of The Hunted Series but focuses on secondary characters within the series. It's Rob's story (Professor James Hunter's brother) and it's fabulous! He's always been a character that I've been more curious about and I was pretty giddy to find out this book is about him. The majority of the story takes place in Costa Rica where the men take James for his bachelor party. Rob loves adventure and never settles in one plac
Kate (beautifulbookland)
I have a confession to make: after I got accepted to review this book, I did some research on it and I wasn't looking forward to reading it. Not that I didn't like the sound of it, it was just that I had never read the Hunter series before, and so didn't know any of the characters. I'm so, so pleased I decided to give it a go, though. It was an addictive read.

I really liked Daphne. Don't get me wrong, there were a few times where I wanted to slap her, but I think that's a mark of a well-develope
Mcf1nder_sk
Jun 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I've previously read one novel by @ivysmoakauthor, a fascinating thriller titled The Truth In My Lies. After experiencing Ivy's talent, I chose this novel as my second read by her. Third Chances was not a thriller, however, but an adult contemporary romance. I've been expanding my reading genres, so I dove right in. This appeared to be just another "good girl meets bad boy and falls in love" story, but the depth on character development Smoak puts into her tale makes this book so much better tha ...more
Anamarie Schmidt
This book is another spinoff of the Hunted Series! Ivy Smoak, you did an awesome job. I loved how you touched based on how James’ bachelor weekend went. I laughed so much especially when They were all at the restaurant and Matt had did something to James. I don’t want say what it is, don’t want to be a spoiler.
I also liked the fact that you wrote more about James’ struggles and how Rob played his role. Brother’s love is one of the greatest thing to experience. Even though, James went through a
Erin OBrien
Mar 06, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I was definitely intrigued by Rob and Daphne's story.
He watched her from afar, afraid to make his move. Then he sees her a year later on a remote island. She's there for a bachelorette party and he's there for a bachelor party.
It's a sweet story because he's sure he's never looking for love and she doesn't think she's looking for a one night stand. But because of something horrific in her past, she's afraid to commit to anything at all.
I gave it four stars because Daphne was definitely a litt
Viper Spaulding
Aug 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
As the title suggests, Rob and Daphne missed their second chance and are now working on a third. They encounter each other at a bachelor/bachelorette party and their chemistry instantly ignites. There is a lot of humor in this story, and the main characters are perfect for each other. This is well-written with an engaging plot that draws you into the story. I loved this side/spin-off story as much as, if not more than, the main Hunted series. I voluntarily reviewed an ARC of this book.
Leeann Pule
Dec 31, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Start living

Daphne is very structured in her life, the tragic death of a loved one can do that to some. So when she goes on a wild bachelorette party with her friends, she never expects to find love.
Rob has kinda been wishing for Daphne since he noticed her reading on the green. Never in his wildest dreams did he think she would be on a wild get away and he would maybe have all his dreams fulfilled. Only time will tell.
Sherry Patrick
Apr 24, 2019 rated it it was ok
So I'm very surprised to be giving this 2 starts but the book was just ok to me. I figured it would be so much better than it was. I literally skimmed a bunch of it just to get thru the book. Oh well. At least I read what actually happened on James bachelor party while Penny was believing all of this other even though that too was weird & skimmed thru it. So much of a let down after Mason & Bee's book.
Thu
Feb 09, 2019 rated it it was ok
No one was really likeable in this book, except James. Bleh.
Leigh Kelley
Aug 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Love Ivy Smoak! Love this book!
Melida
May 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Amazing series

What can I say ... I read this entire series in a week. I cried for the pain... The horror and most importantly the love! I loved this series I NEed MORE!!!
Sharon
Mar 13, 2017 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance, netgalley
I was given the opportunity to read an electronic copy of Third Chances. This is my honest opinion of the book.

Third Chances is a highly unrealistic new adult romance set at an exclusive resort in the very exotic location of Costa Rica. Here readers will meet one of the biggest groups of emotionally unstable people assembled in one book. They all end up at the same resort for different pre-wedding parties and when the cat is away...

Rob has had a crush on Daphne for a year, but will he let his se
Veronica
Jul 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I loved Rob and Daphne's story. They are so alike and yet different and it's those qualities that I think makes their story so great!!!
Valeen Robertson (Live Thru Books Blog)
I loved this spinoff of the The Hunted Series. This is Rob (James' younger brother) and Daphne's story. I've always loved Rob from what I've read about him in the Hunted, and this was a great chance to get to know him better. In Third Chances, he's even better than I could have imagined. He's such a sweetheart, so sexy and so funny. With Daphne, he was even sweeter. They are totally opposites, though. Rob is easy going, impulsive and laid back. Daphne is organized, conservative, and repressed. B ...more
Diana
Oct 04, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Well, Rob Hunter, took me by surprise! Not at all what I was expecting him to be!

I was totally surprised by the character, Rob Hunter. If you have read any of Ivy Smoak's Hunter series, you would know that Rob Hunter is not one for relationships. He is more of a jokester and flirt and will take a one night stand before thinking twice. Until Daphne. He notices her at the park every day during his run but never approaches her. For a year! Then she is gone. He knows he missed his opportunity. He is
Destiny Bridwell
Feb 16, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I got this from the author for an honest review. I love the title of this book. I know some of us don't give that many chances. But it is hard to deny the heart what it wants no matter what happens over the course of life. That is what happens for Rob and Daphne. They both have demons in their past and a lot is getting in their way. Including themselves. *grins*. They cross paths again while both a parties for friends that will soon be married. Rob is with his brother James and Daphne with her f ...more
Angel Hatfield
Daphne was a math teacher with H S students. Who was twenty three and looked just like one of her students. Daphne was going on a bachelorette weekend as her friend Alena is getting married in a couple of weeks. Daphne had not had a chance to hang out with this friends in awhile. Kristen used the nickname Momma Bear for Daphne and Daphne hated it. Kristen had been dating Tim and since she had been dating him she slapped people. Kristen said she was kidnapping Alena. They are suppose to be going ...more
Kristen Duncan
Sep 11, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Ivy, you are a freaking romance genius. I loved getting to see the beginning of Rob and Daphne's love story. ❤ When I met Rob in The Hunted Series, I felt like he could be this fun brother type person to be around. That's because I was seeing him from Penny's perspective. I was completely wrong!!

Daphne is the "momma bear" of her group of friends. Predictable, responsible, conservative. When she goes on a week long Bachelorette party, her friends encourage her to let loose and live. Of course sh
C Jia Ming
Sep 10, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 5-star
I absolutely loved how the story developed. There's so much emotions drawn out of me with Ivy Smoak's way with words. No wonder I loved the Hunted Series so much.

I definitely would recommend this to everyone. This book is short, sweet and simple yet has so much meaning to it with different things that everyone can take away from.

*mild spoiler*
I love how Rob has a soft and kind heart even though he's someone super wild and free.
And how Daphne was so uptight even though she wanted to live again
Jennifer Oloughlin
Daphne and Rob were perfect opposites. She was easy to embarrass and that kept Rob pushing the envelope, and Daphne definitely needed to be pushed. I loved the group dynamic. I haven’t had a chance to read the previous books in this series, but I never felt lost in what was going on. The story unfolds in an amazing way. After all the trouble Matt caused, I really look forward to his story. Maybe the boys can have a little pay back.

This story was funny and heartfelt. James was right Daphne neede
Crystal
Jul 21, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Third Chances is part of the Hunted series centering around secondary character Rob who was James brother. The boys take his brother James to Costa Rica for his bachelor party. Rob is a cocky player and lives his life to fullness. Rob has been enchanted by one woman Daphne and he's never made a move till now. Daphne likes her life a certain way and has always been responsible. She is nervous about having a boyfriend incase he decides to leave her. When she at a bachlorette party she is pushed in ...more
Janene Farrelly
Nov 12, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is a side story of the hunted series which I absolutely loved and this book is no exception. Rob is a bit crude and ruff around the edges but with a love for life and with the love and dedication he has for his brother James and his fiancee Penny is proof that he is capable of so much more than he shows. Daphne is afraid of loss after a personal tragedy and keeps people at a distance with her structures and checklists. How could they possibly workout?? You will have to read the book to find ...more
Anna
Jul 14, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Daphne and Rob have one hot book. This book will have pulling for these two broken souls to find each other . I loved that we got have both of the Hunter bothers in this book which added to the steam of this book which is not all you will get in it this book the characters make you feel what they do. I hope this is not the last we see of Rob and Daphne.
Modern
Jul 12, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Honestly, my main reason for wanting to read this book was for the James and Penny segments. I'm so obsessed with their story. But I also love Rob's character and was more than happy to see his HEA start to play out. Really surprised to see the variety of "feelings" he has for Penny. This was a quick read and I enjoyed every word of it!
Shaunette
Sep 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This was indeed a pleasure. Through James and Penny’s journey, Rob’s story was waiting to be told. He was always there for James and Penny but he secretly craved to have what they had. Daphne was a bit resistant to Rob but there was nu denying the chemistry and electric pull the two. Rob knew that she was worth it to be patient. It was sweet to watch their journey and love unfold.
Stephanie
Jul 13, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I received an ARC in exchange for an honest review. I loved getting to know Rob's character better. It was awesome to run into my favorite characters from Going for Gold. I am still in love with Tim! This was a great story about two "lost souls" finding completion in one another. Can't wait for the next installment of the series.
NiCoLeTa E.
***ARC kindly provided via NetGalley for the exchange of an honest review***
Liza`
It was a amazing book. All of her books are just easy to read and very emotional. Highly recommend this book to whoever is interesting in reading about love.
Shailyn Hoffman
Oct 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing
James' brother Rob gets his own spotlight in Third Chances. I already loved Rob but this book made him my favorite character in the Hunted series. Now don't get me wrong I love James and Penny but Rob brings a lightness to the series. I catch myself literally laughing out loud whenever he talks. He has no filter and it's hilarious. He doesn't change who he is even when he officially meets the love of his life. He's care free where she's structured and strict. I think these 2 balance each other. ...more

• Say You Still Love Me
  • Keeping Kyler (The Kennedy Boys, #3)
  • Before You Seduce Me: A Prequel to Seduce Me
  • A Legal Affair Book 1: Club Prive (Leslie's Story)
  • The Ruin of House Hornbolt (Gods of Pentavia #1)
  • Working for The Billionaires Club
  • Bad Boy Billionaire Boxset: A Billionaire Romance Collection
  • Wrapped: Wrapped Around You (For the Billionaire's Pleasure: Eric & Julie #1)
  • Unbreakable (Unrestrained, #4)
  • Brave: Honest Questions Women Ask: Member book
  • The Christmas Fix
  • Kept by Her Greek Boss
  • The Heartless Boyfriend (Bad Boyfriend, #2)
  • Holding (Playmaker Duet #2; Prescott Family #3)
  • The Forced Marriage [Terperangkap Dendam]
  • Leah's Seduction: 7
  • Pistol Whipped (Locked & Loaded, #2)
  • Sexy Love (Sexy, #4)
Ivy Smoak is the Amazon bestselling author of The Hunted series. When she's not writing, you can find her binge watching too many TV shows, taking long walks, playing outside, and generally refusing to act like an adult. She lives with her husband in Delaware.

Get a FREE sexy short story and find out about all Ivy's latest releases by joining her newsletter: http://eepurl.com/byfJUv

Learn more abou