Start by marking “The Pursuits of Lord Kit Cavanaugh (The Cavanaughs #2)” as Want to Read:
The Pursuits of Lord Kit Cavanaugh (The Cavanaughs #2)

The Pursuits of Lord Kit Cavanaugh

(The Cavanaughs #2)

Bold and clever, THE CAVANAUGHS are unlike any other family in early Victorian England. #1 New York Times bestselling author Stephanie Laurens continues to explore the enthralling world of these dynamic siblings in the eagerly anticipated second volume in her captivating series.

A Gentleman of Means

One of the most eligible bachelors in London, Lord Christopher “Kit”
Published April 30th 2019 by MIRA

To ask other readers questions about The Pursuits of Lord Kit Cavanaugh, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Pursuits of Lord Kit Cavanaugh

Start your review of The Pursuits of Lord Kit Cavanaugh (The Cavanaughs #2)
Sammy Loves Books
3.0 Slow burn stars

Lord Kit Cavanaugh is too good to be true. He's handsome, rich, and can do no wrong. Miss Sylvia Buckleberry is the Vicar's daughter and the administrator over a charity school for poor children.

There is a saboteur and a small mystery that needs solving. But that was the only interesting thing in the plot. The characters were nice enough, but completely bland and un-memorable.

2.5 stars rounded up
Barbara Rogers
Apr 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Series: The Cavanaughs #2
Publication Date: 4/30/19
Number of Pages: 384

Kit Cavanaugh first met Miss Sylvia Buckleberry (I love her name) in the first book of the series, The Designs of Lord Randolph Cavanaugh and it was not an auspicious beginning for them. She treated him coldly and it seemed that she couldn’t wait to get away from him. So, while she intrigued him, he left his brother Rand’s wedding never expecting to see her again.

Kit spent some time with his older brother, Ryder, and his
Lover of Romance
Sep 05, 2019 rated it really liked it
This review was originally posted on Addicted To RomanceI received this book for free from Library in exchange for an honest review. This does not affect my opinion of the book or the content of my review.

photo Addicted To Romance Reviews 2_zpsplp8m0tb.png
Susan
Terrific book. Now that his brother's wedding was over, Kit was ready to head for Bristol and get his dream of Cavanaugh Yachts launched. All he needed was the right location and the craftsmen with the right skills, and he would be set. The site was quickly found; all he needed to do was wait for the charity using it to vacate the premises.

Daughter of a vicar, Sylvia found her calling in providing education for the sons of Bristol dockworkers. She and her team worked hard for the last two years
Bookread2day
Apr 29, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Wow! What a remarkable author, Stephanie Laurens has published 50 historical romances. 29 of them have been New York Times bestsellers. What a splendid way to relax and read her books. She sets her historical romances in the time of the British Regency and setting her stories from Scotland to India. I loved reading The Pursuits of Lord Kit Cavanaugh which is volume 2.
The Cavanaughs books are in order
volume 1 The designs of Lord Randolph Canvanaugh
Volume 2 The Pursuits of Lord Cavanaugh
Volume
Karen Fan
Overall I enjoyed this latest edition to the world of the Cynsters; they’re comforting and I love returning back to this world. However, this story was short and with less action. Also, quite repetitive; we get it Kit, you’re attracted to this spunky Sylvia! I feel like this would have been better suited as a short story so she could have cut it down quite a bit.
Beth Thomas
May 13, 2019 rated it it was ok
Somebody save me from these romance novels that don’t feature any passion. I don’t want pleasant. I want intensity.
Tracy Emro
Apr 29, 2019 rated it really liked it
3.5 stars rounded up

This book starts shortly after the ending of the previous book, The Designs of Lord Randolph Cavanaugh Lord Kit Cavanaugh has moved to Bristol to start a new venture, Cavanaugh Yachts. He has rented a warehouse and plans to open shop immediately along with his friend and business partner Wayland. They want to take occupancy immediately, but learn a charity has been using it and they need a few days to vacate.

Sylvia Buckleberry learns from the officers of the Dock Company that
Sandy S
Apr 04, 2019 rated it really liked it
3.75 stars--

ABOUT THE BOOK: Release Date April 30, 2019

A Gentleman of Means

One of the most eligible bachelors in London, Lord Christopher “Kit” Cavanaugh has discovered his true path and it doesn’t include the expected society marriage. Kit is all business and has chosen the bustling port of Bristol to launch his passion—Cavanaugh Yachts.

A Woman of Character

Miss Sylvia Buckleberry’s passion is her school for impoverished children. When a new business venture forces the school out of its
Jacqueline Francis
May 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed this book. This was my FIRST Stephanie Laurens novel and it won't be my last. Although it is the second in a series, I could read along just fine without reading the first book.

I enjoyed the sweet love story and the hint of mystery and intrigue to keep it going.

I received a copy from the Publisher in exchange for an honest review.
Frankie (Chicks, Rogues and Scandals)
I have been reading Stephanie Laurens for years, she is definitely a queen amongst the Historical Romance genre, she is in a league of her own for excellence and this is right up there with the best. For those who have read Ms Laurens will know what I mean, and for those who haven’t read a Stephanie Laurens book yet, why? You really must, for anyone who loves historical romance then this is the book and the author to go to.

1843, Bristol Kit Cavanaugh; after years of playing the rake, of
Eileen Dandashi
Apr 30, 2019 rated it really liked it
Kit, the hero, is the not the typical character which plays out between the pages of a novel. He hides who he is, masquerading as a rake for many years. It was his way of protecting himself from the machinations of his mother. After his mother dies, he is free to become the man he wants to be.

He is quite an admiral character, when he sets out to be his own man, starting a business of yacht building. He is able to procure an old warehouse which hadn’t been used for years. With astuteness, he and
Theresa
May 15, 2019 rated it really liked it
Of course it takes a clergyman's daughter, who is somewhat of a bluestocking, to persuade Kit Cavanaugh that love and family were possible for him! I probably really rate this at 3.5 stars but did really enjoy it so bumped up to 4 stars.

This is the 2nd in the series featuring the Cavanaugh siblings, who were the victims of an evil manipulative mother dispatched in an earlier entry in the author's Cynster Sisters Duo, The Taming of Ryder Cavanaugh. All the siblings, damaged by their mother's
Laura Nelson (Tangents and Tissues)
Stories like this one have rekindled my love of historical romance in recent months. For this PNR girl, that’s saying something. As one friend put it:

“Who are you? And what have you done with the real Laura?”

*snorts*

I was a newbie to the series and to Stephanie Lauren’s work *hangs head in shame* And, although this is Volume 2 in the series, it can easily be read as a standalone. You all know how nosey I am by now, so it’ll come as no great surprise when I tell you I’ve already downloaded
Lori D
Bristol, England 1843 Lord Kit Cavanaugh has finally determined his niche and purpose. Moving to Bristol, he and his partner Wayland are starting a new venture, Cavaugh Yachts. They find a warehouse to rent and want to get started right away but find that a charity who was occupying needs a few days to relocate.
Sylia Buckeberry (yes love that name!) finds out that the school she runs out of the space will have to find a new place to operate, but the problem is they have no funds to pay the rent!
Norah Gibbons
Apr 17, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I received an ARC of this book to read through NetGalley in exchange for a fair review. The Pursuits of Lord Kit Cavanaugh by Stephanie Laurens is the second volume in her The Cavanaughs Series. It could be read as a standalone however some of the things that happen in the first book have bearing on this one. Miss Sylvia Buckleberry has found her calling running a school for dockworkers children in Bristol but she may be forced to close her school because the warehouse where they held classes ...more
Brenda
Jan 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A Gentleman of Means....A Woman of Character ....An Unstoppable Duo....

One of the most eligible bachelors in London, Lord Christopher “Kit” Cavanaugh has discovered his true path. Never mind that a society marriage is just not in the cards.

Miss Sylvia Buckleberry’s passion is her school for impoverished children. Enter on the scene, Kit Cavanaugh. His new business venture is taking over the school's current location.

It becomes clear to this intrepid pair that someone else wants to put an end to
Carole Burant
Apr 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Who is the real Miss Sylvia Buckleberry, the woman who gave the cold shoulder to Lord Kit Cavanaugh at his brother's wedding or the woman who storms into his office and passionately defends her school for impoverished children? This was such a wonderful story to read and I enjoyed it from start to end.

Kit is such a swoon worthy hero and Sylvia is a very passionate and determined heroine. She soon finds out he's nothing like she thought he would be and in fact, he does everything he can to help
Ballerina60
Nov 06, 2019 rated it liked it
the plot about shipbuilding, the warehouse, the school, and some nefarious goings-on was fairly interesting. but overall, I was disappointed. I would rather read a romance than about inventions, shipbuilding, schools, and good works. it just wasn't my cup of tea.
Kathleen J
May 01, 2019 rated it liked it
Lord Kit thought he’d never marry having grown up with a horrific mother and so developed a distrust women. Starting a new life in Bristol building yachts, though, he encounters Sylvia.a vicar’s daughter and the creator of a free school for boys living on the dockside. Her kindness, beauty and honesty overcome his previous distrust and he falls in love.

The characters were boringly sweet and simple, the plot simple, the tension level low. Lots of people doing nice things. Lots of kids behaving
Jenn
May 06, 2019 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Sonya Heaney
I know it's with a C and not a K, but this is an unfortunate surname for romance at the moment...
Pelusa Rivera
So we meet Miss Sylvia Buckleberry’ who likes to help poor children and has started as school for them that is what lives for. Then we have Lord "Kit" Cavanaugh who is starting his business and about to take over where Ms. Buckleberry's school if, however these two are about to have a fight on their hands as someone is out to stop the school and Cavanaugh's business. While I didn't hate the book it wasn't my favorite of her, however it did intrigue me enough to wait to read the next installment. ...more
Candy Briggs
May 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
His mother was a demon to her four children and their step brother. She wanted to control and exploit her children for her own gain. Rand, the oldest had felt the most impact of his mother's manipulation. But he managed to fall in love with a wonderful woman. Ryder, the Marquess, is the step brother and also inherits the title. He never wanted to get married after what had happened. But he too, found a wonderful girl he could love.. Then we come to Kit, (Lord Christopher Cavanaugh), he wants to ...more
Regina
May 30, 2019 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I may be in the minority, but I thought the story overall was dull and slow moving, with the yacht business portions being the most interesting. Sylvia and Kit were decent, nice folks, but not compelling characters, and I certainly didn't feel like I was transported within its pages. I'm not usually drawn to Lauren's romances, and I thought to give her another try, however, the tale turned out lukewarm at best, and I skipped the epilogue a few pages in. I'd rather be sleeping. I'll pass on her ...more
Melissa McHugh
Overall

I missed this when it originally came out and didn’t hurry to read it, probably because I hadn’t totally loved the first book in this trilogy, The Designs of Lord Randolph Cavanaugh. It was fine, but nothing that made me look forward to the stories of Rand’s younger brother and sister. The Cavanaughs are the younger half-siblings of Ryder Cavanaugh, the hero from The Taming of Ryder Cavanaugh who married Mary Cynster. Their mother was Lavinia, the villain of Taming, so that makes this
Rose Blue
Jun 06, 2019 rated it really liked it
As reviewed at Roses Are Blue: https://wp.me/p3QRh4-Vd

Lord Christopher “Kit” Cavanaugh and Miss Sylvia Buckleberry have met previously, and it was only memorable due to its awkwardness and Sylvia’s noticeable coldness to Kit. While attending the wedding of Kit’s brother, Rand, Kit was attracted to Sylvia, but his every overture was met with the proverbial cold shoulder. Kit got the message, and decided to forego any further pursuit, thinking Sylvia to be closed up and unfriendly. As for Sylvia,
Melissa
Nov 05, 2019 rated it really liked it
Never Enough Books Logo

Trigger warnings: Kidnapping, mentions of stalking, some violence

I do not often read nor review romance novels mainly because, at least for me, they tend to blur together after a while. There are only so many ways for characters to meet and interact and fall in love and the romance genre has been around for a very long time.

Melissa
Nov 05, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Trigger warnings: Kidnapping, mentions of stalking, some violence

Now this is only my personal opinion because when the chance to read Stephanie Laurens’ newest romance came up on Netgalley, I jumped at the chance. Of the romance authors I
Jan
Nov 03, 2019 rated it liked it
To defeat his mother’s societal ambitions, Lord Kit Cavanaugh has carefully cultivated his reputation as a rake, too irresponsible to be wed to any of society’s darlings. Sylvia Buckleberry’s season was not a success so she has devoted her spinsterish future to a life of good works. The two had a very cool acquaintance at the wedding of his brother to her friend that confirmed their unsuitability for any kind of relationship.

Now that his mother has been dead for 6 years and some of his wounds
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• A Lady of True Distinction (True Gentlemen #7)
  • Project Duchess (Duke Dynasty, #1)
  • Once a Spy (Rogues Redeemed, #4)
  • Someone to Honor (Westcott, #6)
  • When a Duchess Says I Do (Rogues to Riches #2)
  • Someone to Remember (Westcott #7)
  • How to Ruin a Duke: A Regency Novella Duet
  • Never Deny a Duke (Decadent Dukes Society, #3)
  • Dukes by the Dozen
  • The Lady Travelers Guide to Happily Ever After (The Lady Travelers Society, #4)
  • Forever and a Duke (Rogues to Riches, #3)
  • Say No to the Duke (The Wildes of Lindow Castle, #4)
  • Seduction on a Snowy Night
  • Love and Other Perils: A Regency Novella Duet
  • Tightrope (Burning Cove, #3)
  • Temptation's Darling
  • Duke of Shadows (Moonlight Square, #4)
  • The Merry Viscount (Widow's Brew, #2)
Stephanie Laurens was born in Sri Lanka, which was at the time the British colony of Ceylon. When she was 5, her family moved to Melbourne, Australia, where she was raised. After continuing through school and earning a Ph.D. in Biochemistry in Australia, Stephanie and her husband moved to Great Britain, taking one of the last true overland journeys from Katmandu to London.

Once in London, Stephanie

The Cavanaughs (3 books)
  • The Designs of Lord Randolph Cavanaugh
  • The Beguilement of Lady Eustacia Cavanaugh (The Cavanaughs, #3)