Start by marking “Turn To Stone (The Stone Series Book 1)” as Want to Read:
Turn To Stone (The Stone Series Book 1)

Turn To Stone (The Stone Series Book 1)

Alexandra ~
I needed a new city, home, job. Hell, I needed a whole new life.
Something that would take me away from everything and everyone that chained me down in my past.
For the first time in my life, I wanted to leap head first into the unknown.

Julian ~
My nightmares weren’t confined to just my dreams anymore. No, now they wreaked havoc on my days as well.
I never thoug
Published August 28th 2018

To ask other readers questions about Turn To Stone, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Turn To Stone

Kate's Corner
Aug 18, 2018 marked it as 08-lost-interest
Serena Worker
Aug 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Alexandra is studying for final and her friend knows she needs to go out and not stay at home with it being her mum’s birthday and her missing her. Alexandra meets Hunter at the party and he asks her out to dinner.
Julian has a meeting for the latest project his working on, and when he meets Elaine or Lainey, he feels a spark and lets the producer know that’s who he wants, or he walks.
Everyone thought Alexandra and Hunter were perfect, but Alexandra couldn’t live with him anymore and leaves him a
Konny
Aug 17, 2018 rated it really liked it
Turn to Stone by Ariana Rose is the first book in The Stone Series.
This is Alexandra and Julians story.
Alexandra Taylor is a engaged woman, but she isnt entirely happy. Something isnt right.
Julian Stone is an actor who met the love of his life only to get her ripped away in an horrible car crash. Hes destroyed, shattered. Slowly he builds a new life and part ofv it is Alexandra. Everything could be peachy, but sheming relatives threaten to destroy their happy.
Theyre like star crossed lovers.
Turn
Emma Nichole
Aug 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2018
I was lucky enough to read this story early and let me tell you.... It's so good.
This is the debut novel by this author and honestly, you can't tell. She feels these characters in her soul and it shows.
It's swoony, a little steamy, and beautifully written.
I cannot wait for book 2 to see how this story continues!
Catlou
Aug 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is a story filled with emotions from beginning to end. You are pulled in from the start and at times it feels as if you are standing right there next to Alexandra and Julian. You feel their pain and want to step in to shield them from more. You sense their immediate connection to each other and rejoice in their coming together. The further you become immersed in their lives you may find yourself breathless in anticipation of what’s to come. Will it be the heartbreak that usually follows sta ...more
Karlyn Weldon
Aug 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is Ariana Rose's debut novel and the first novel in The Stone series. Alexandra is in an abusive relationship at the beginning of the book. She finally makes the decision to leave the abuse in her rearview mirror, takes a new job in Atlanta and begins to make a new life for herself. After moving to Atlanta she is literally knocked off of her feet on the day she meets Julian Stone. On that day, she sees a lot of the pain and loneliness in his eyes that she hides behind herself. On the first ...more
Dani
Aug 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arcs, books-read-2018
Turn to Stone, the first book in The Stone Series, and the debut novel by Ariana Rose was a wonderful start to a writing career.

It's a story full of tension, angst, love, and intrigue. Alexandra and Julian, the main characters, have both endured so much in their lives, and they can't seem to catch a break.... except for when fate puts them smack dab into each other's paths...literally.

Their connection is instant and the struggles that ensue to make something work together leave the reader on the
Lauren
Aug 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Loved it! Turn to Stone is book one in the Stone Series and Ariana Rose’s debut book. This story had a bit of everything and I thoroughly enjoyed reading! There were tears, laughter, anger and angst. It was definitely an emotional read and I really felt Julian’s heartache and conflict although Alexandra isn’t without her demons too. I can’t wait for book two, I need more!
Christie72
Aug 29, 2018 rated it really liked it
4.5 STARS

Turn to Stone by Ariana Rose packs quite an emotional punch!!!!

If you are looking for a book with angst, drama, and some good romance, this is a book not to be missed. Alex and Julian are two scarred souls who meet by chance but who feel an instant pull toward each other.

Both characters are flawed, complex, and scarred, but for very different reasons. Alex is fleeing a horrible relationship and trying to start over. Julian is still heartbroken and devastated after losing the woman he l
Erin Lewis
Nov 12, 2018 rated it really liked it
4 Star review of Turn To Stone (The Stone Series #1) by Ariana Rose
Not only is Ariana Rose a new author to me, but I believe that this is also her debut novel. I was impressed with Ms. Rose’s writing and found myself invested in the story. This is a beautifully written story of love, courage and overcoming the odds.
Julian Stone is a shell of man after having lost the love of his life in an accident. He has no self confidence and as turned into a yes man, who has no backbone. There were times wh
Cassandra Night
Aug 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Turn To Stone by Ariana Rose my rating is 4.5

This is beautiful, emotional YA love story about two people dealing with intense emotional issues. Both Alexandra and Jullian are in an abusive relationship, and their tattered souls don’t know the way out. Until they meet, and everything starts to change, their hearts cast in stone start to beat again. This beautifully written emotive story, a perfect mix of heartbreak and angst, love and hope. I definitely recommend it to lovers of sweet, angsty ro
A little birdie told me...
Nov 08, 2018 rated it really liked it
First novels by an author are fun to read.

This one takes us on the journey of Lex and Julian, a couple who seem destined despite all the roadblocks in their path.

They both have pasts to overcome and find spark and solace in one another. Their relationship is rocky and emotional, but palpable and magnetic. But sometimes something so right and natural comes with strings.

I loved both Lex and Julian. I wanted for them to be happy.

My only complaint is that it isn't a stand alone, and I didn't kno
Amber Sanchez
Aug 29, 2018 rated it really liked it
Ariana Rose’s debut novel is a whirlwind of emotion. The story of Alexandra and Julian is one of a quintessential push-pull; and had me anxiously turning pages to find out this captivating couple’s destiny.

Showing elaborate character development, this story quenched my desire for intricate description that I often crave as I read. Secondary characters were brought into the story line as needed and were focused on just enough to lend to the story’s unraveling.

I thoroughly enjoyed Rose’s first b
Jenn Wood
Jul 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing
When two people, caught up in the happy memories of their past and both living a not-so-happy present, meet, it is as if fate is giving them a second chance at a future.

Caught in an unhappy engagement, with circumstances that make it difficult to just walk away, Alexandra meets Julian, who is intriguing and special, and perhaps she can be strong enough to leave. However, Julian's story is one of heartbreak and tears. He'd found his true love and life was perfect, until it wasn't, leaving him as
J.M. Kelley
Sep 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I was hooked from the first page. This story is filled with angst and heartache and I was full of emotion as I read it. The connection between the characters is immediate and intense. The passion they have for each other is portrayed through Ms. Rose's beautiful writing. This is the first book in The Stone Series and I can not wait to read the next book. Ariana Rose knocked it out of the park with her debut.
Moriah
Sep 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Loved

It's hard to believe that this is this author's first book. I truly loved it. Julian and Alexandra are two souls fighting through their pasts and realizing that they need each other to make that happen. Can't wait to find out what happens in the the next book.
Suey_Library
Sep 02, 2018 rated it really liked it
***Received an Advanced Readers Copy during a blog tour with InkSlingerPR in exchange for an honest review***

Bring on the angst romance feels comrades! I need a good passionate cry and I feel like this one will be a doosey! Seriously, who doesn't like a good damsel romance with climatic drama to make my spidey senses tingle in all the right places?

Alexandria (or Lex) is an interesting character. Slightly an enigma to me. Lex is one of these characters that has an intriguing backbone towards her
Karen Hrdlicka
Sep 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I love being introduced to new authors who pull you in with their unique storytelling style. Ariana Rose's debut Turn to Stone is an amazing read. Right off the bat she pulls the reader into the minds of her characters. Alexandra's life in Minneapolis looks to be perfect on the outside, engaged to an up and coming lawyer in her dad's firm, but that is hardly the truth.
Running to a future she has always dreamed of, she collides with Julian, who had the near perfect life until tragedy struck. The
Cierra McCauley (Cierra's Corner)
Turn to Stone was an emotional read from start to finish! A very heart impacting book. Lex is a character that you want to help and protect, someone you feel connected to from reading her story. It's a very raw telling, I think it shines light on a very important issue, that something isn't always as it seems. Just because it looks one way on the outside, it could be a completely different world behind closed doors. And this book really hits that on the head with Lex. She is a strong character, ...more
Amy  Crull
Sep 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I will start by saying this book will keep you hooked from beginning to end or it did for me. I loved how we see both Alexandra and Julian's journey from when they met other people to when they met themselves. These two have been through a lot in life. Julian had love but after a freak accident, he lost it. He also lost his self confidence and the ability to tell his dad, Quinn and her dad to kiss his ass. I swear he just turned into this wallflower who said"Yes sir, I'll do whatever you want ju ...more
Nancy
Aug 30, 2018 rated it really liked it
Captivating story of Alexandra and Julian after a tragic loss for Julian and an escape from a controlling fiancée for Alexandra. Set in Georgia this book captured my heart quickly as all the references to Jekyll Island, Savannah and Atlanta strike close to my new home.
The story pulls you in immediately! It starts off with a bang and doesn't let go of your heart. With fame and money sometimes comes deeper problems that the world does not see. Only those on the inside know the devious plots and s
Mel *Kel & Mel Tell Book Blog*
WOW! This book was not what I expected at all! When the story starts out, you get both points of view from the main characters and at the same time in their lives. Thing is, they haven't even met yet. The back and forth of how their stories start is very well written. I was hooked from chapter one!

I had so many feels with this story. I can not believe that this is the authors first story! She rocked her debut! And to learn that this story will be part of a series....gah, I can't handle it!

The c
Kylo Badgley-Glover
Sep 28, 2018 rated it really liked it
Turn to Stone is a promising first novel From Ariana Rose. It is a story about Alexandria and Julian who find themselves making big life changes when tragedy strikes. Both characters have to find strength in themselves and the comfort they find in each other to try to overcome their personal hells.

Familial pressure, secrets and responsibilities are working against them. Their bond of trust is put to the test and they have to decide if the connection they’ve built is worth fighting for or will i
Nicole Ortiz
Dec 10, 2018 rated it really liked it
This was a beautiful emotional love story about two people who are dealing with emotional issues. Alexandra has just left an abusive relationship and Julian has just lost the love of his life and is being pushed into a situation he doesn't want to be in. When these two meet the connection is instant and intense. The passion between these two was beautifully written. This story was full of heartbreak, angst, love and hope. Once I started reading I was hooked and can't wait to continue to read mor ...more
Angela
Sep 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A second chance at life & love

I loved Alexandra & Julian's story .
Lex has known, & does know the heartfelt love of a parent . She loses herself a bit when she's with her now ex. He is abusive & controlling, but Lex finds the strength to leave him.
Julian loses the love of his life . He has only known the love of one parent , his mother. His father is a cold manipulative man who twists everything to his own gain , including his son.
Lex & Julian are each other's salvation, but
Karen Kay
Sep 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Wow.

Right from the start this book had me hooked. From meeting both Alexandra and Julian at a changing point in their lives you feel the emotions. From feeling on top of the world to feeling like it’s the end of world, Ariana nailed all of them.

Alexandra leaves everything she knows to start a new life in Atlanta where she meets Julian. From the very first meeting they can feel the strong connection yet things from their past are holding them back.

When secrets start to be revealed they start to
Michelle
Sep 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This book is a beautiful love story of two people who are broken by different reasons, but somehow meet and are perfect for each other. Alexandra and Julian fit together and have excellent chemistry. There is a HEA, but also the end hints at a sequel to their love story. This is the first book I read from this author and I know won’t be the last.
Ashley
Oct 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I can sum this book up in one word - INTENSE! I was completely sucked into the tornado that is Julian and Lex. Every heartbreak, every laugh, every fear, every caress... I felt Every. Single. One. Their story is a rollercoaster for sure, the kind you get in line for over and over again. I’m anxiously awaiting the next book so I can watch the fallout and fate that has to be coming!
Karina Giblin
Oct 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This book hooked me in from page one. Drama? Tick
Lust? Tick
Bad guys? Tick
Steamy? Tick
What else does a good story need? Oh, Great characters! Lex is an amazing woman full of love, optimism and wit. Julian is intriguing, conflicted and sexy. Mix it all together and you have one hell of a story.
Eagerly awaiting the next installment
Cindy Huang
Oct 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing
As soon as I finished Turn to Stone, I can't wait for the sequel. It is THAT good! It's hard to believe this is Ariana Rose's debut novel because she is really good at making me feel the emotions of the characters with her words. I look forward to seeing how Alexander and Julian conquer their difficulties with love!
I love to know what makes characters tick. As a reader I always want to know the why. It makes me care deeply for them.

I am a working wife and mother of two from the Minneapolis area. My need to tell a good story has always been there but in earnest the last 6 years. I was inspired to take the leap to write a story by the encouragement of those who had come before me and those taking the journey