Start by marking “Sloe Screw (River Street Bar #3)” as Want to Read:
Sloe Screw (River Street Bar #3)

Sloe Screw

(River Street Bar #3)

Vivian Fitzpatrick is a big dreams girl stuck in a small town.
She likes her job, and she adores her friends, but there’s a tiny part of her that still wants adventure. Wants all the unfulfilled dreams to come true. She still wants to base jump and skydive and do everything her ex-boyfriend said she was too chicken-shit to do.
Which is probably how she ends up moonlighting
Published July 9th 2018

To ask other readers questions about Sloe Screw, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Sloe Screw

Kate's Corner
4 RedQueen & Blazetrailer Stars.

There is a certain charm when it comes to River Bay City and its residents. To be honest though I can't pinpoint why. It's a combination of several things. How they look after their own. How there is balance with the overall story the angst involved and the feels as well.

Characters & Chemistry.

Vivi Fitzpatrick is a dispatcher for the RCPD and she is happy with her life or, so she thought. She gave up her once in a lifetime opportunity to go to Julliard.
Witchy Richey's Booktastic Reviews
A great journey in living life. Healing, starting over, moving on all mixed with some serious heat and a group of great friends.

They both have inner demons to conquer and a secret. Two people with crossed to bear and hearts to heal. This is my first Nazarea book and I hadn’t read the other book in this series. I stayed in the pages and fell in love with the Matteo.

Though you don’t need to read the other books I think I will just so I can meet and get to know all the characters. A sexy, hot rea
A.BookNerd.Bookseller&Bibliophile.Blog
I’m seriously loving this RiverStreet bar series. This installment is #3, and I’m so in love. Vivian Fitzpatrick is a girl living in the small town she grew up in, but a big change in her life has her questioning her decisions and looking for an outlet. Matteo Soto is new to small town live and has moved to help out a friend. As their relationship grows and changes, the couple is forced to confront their pasts.

This story was fantastic and I can’t wait for more from River City!

Reviewed by: Lauren
Jody
There’s a lot to like about this contemporary small town romance of moving on from the past to make the kind of life you want. From its appealing main couple to its colorful cast of secondary characters, readers will find themselves drawn to this slow-burn romance that’s familiar but still satisfying.

Vivian Fitzpatrick thought she was once in love and sacrificed the opportunity of a lifetime for the man who said he loved her. It was a crushing blow once he dumped her and caused her to go off the
Jul 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Ok, so I didn't read the blurb for this book before I began reading it. I didn't think I needed too, since I'd enjoyed the other two books in the series so much. Oh, boy, was I in for a surprise! A phone sex operator?!? That was just different enough that the more I read, the more intrigued I became. I have to say, it was totally HOT! Five alarm, burn down the building HOT!

Vivi is a small town girl, who was just dumped by her very long term boyfriend. Out of the blue, left the country dumped! Sa
Sarah Dale
Jul 15, 2018 rated it really liked it
I'm absolutely loving this River Street Bar Series. Nazarea Andrews has given us a storyline that flows well, great characters that you love and who amuse you. They make you feel like your at a reunion with old friends.

Vivi is the dispatcher for the RCPD and she was happy with her life until she came home and found her boyfriend packing to leave for a job in Tokyo. If that wasn't painful enough he destroys her self esteem as he leaves. She is such a beautifully loyal person, so sexy and sassy,
Marie  Brown (Marie's Tempting Reads)
Marie's Tempting Reads ARC Review:

A well told, thought out story with terrific set of characters a storyline that just BEGS the readers to step on in and sit back and enjoy the ride and the right amount of angst and tears to make it ALL worthwhile and to give the readers the FEELS!

Sloe Screw was a magnificent read. I was immediately drawn in with the blurb and the moment I hit the pages, I was even more intrigued and enamored by everything that was going on. The characters seem rich in personali
JG
Sloe Screw is the third standalone book in Nazarea Andrews' River Street Bar series. In this one we meet two individuals who are trying to navigate the life that they were dealt with, so different from the one they've imagined. Vivian is recovering from a long term relationship that ended quite abruptly. She suddenly realizes she hasn't really done anything she's dreamed of and only done what she assumes was expected. Matteo Soto has survived war and all its consequences, now he's picking up the ...more
Vivian
Jul 18, 2018 rated it really liked it
Loved this book in the River Street Bar Series. They are all really good.

I do have to admit that it is easier to follow along if you have read the books before since there are so many characters. Since I have only read the previous book to this one, I sometimes felt lost. I wasn't sure if it was cause I didn't read the first book in the series. Other than that it was pretty entertaining.

As a reader you know what the twist is going to be you are just waiting for he main characters to figure it
Kari Hansen
Jul 13, 2018 rated it really liked it
Vivi had given up her dreams to stay in her hometown with her boyfriend but eight years later she finds herself alone as he has left to pursue his dreams. She is feelings a little lost and she is looking for excitement in the wrong places.

After leaving the military Matteo has moved to be near the family of his best friend that passed away. He is still dealing with PTSD and is trying to adjust to civilian life.

Matteo is trying to forgive his past while Vivi is trying to forget her, but they will
Isha Coleman
Jul 11, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: first-reads
Sloe Screw focuses on what's important. Andrews is a puppet master when it comes to pulling heartstrings. Vivian and Matteo discover there are three sides to every story. Heartache, regret and the hope for a brighter day. Vivian is running from heartbreaking disappointment. Matteo has suffered through tragic loss. What begins in obligation becomes a game changer for a couple of lost souls. Vivian is searching for adventure. Matteo needs a reason to hope. Can they step away from the pain and take ...more
Marika
Jul 15, 2018 rated it really liked it
I adored Vivi and Mateo.
Vivi, always so strong and always flirting, finds herself in a position she never thought she would.
Matteo is such a sweetheart but he can be alpha when needed.
Two broken souls meet in an unexpected way and have to figure out what they want and if it's worth it.
I loved the story and loved even more seeing all the other characters from the previous books.
I can safely say I started and couldn't put it down until the very end.
Lauren
Jul 12, 2018 rated it really liked it

This story was fantastic and I can’t wait for more from River City!
Kit
Jul 24, 2018
Rach Triogirl
Aug 19, 2018
Grahame Claire
Loved the premise of this book. Vivi was a strong independent woman who wasn't afraid to do what she felt she needed, even when her friends wouldn't understand. And Matteo... somebody get the water hose because he is seriously hot. Is there anything better than a man who respects women? The supporting characters took the book to another level with the friendship and sometimes tough love. Can't wait to read more in this series.
Lynette
Jul 30, 2018
Messy Bun Book Blog
I am so in love with Vivian! And Matteo - WHEW! River Street Bar is one of my favorite series! I love that these are more than love stories - they are also all about friendships. Sloe Screw is my new favorite (they are all amazing) and I can't wait for more of this series! FIVE STARS!!
Kerri Mccaw
is currently reading it
Sep 24, 2018
Andi Harris
Sep 24, 2018
Nazarea Andrews is an avid reader and tends to write the stories she wants to read. She loves chocolate and coffee almost as much as she loves books, but not quite as much as she loves her kids. She lives in south Georgia with her husband, daughters, and overgrown dog.

River Street Bar (5 books)
  • Fireball (River Street Bar #1)
  • Rusty Nail (River Street Bar #2)
  • Whiskey Sour (River Street Bar #4)
  • Blushing Kisses (River Street Bar #5)