Start by marking “Impact” as Want to Read:

1) One object colliding with another
2) An impinging of something upon something else
3) An influence or effect on something or someone
4) The force of a new idea, concept, technology or ideology

Four definitions to inspire writers around the world, and an unlimited number of possible stories to tell. Here are 110 of our favorites.

A difficult choice to be made.
ebook, First, 254 pages
Published July 25th 2018 by Other Worlds Ink

To ask other readers questions about Impact, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Impact

Judy
Aug 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This masterful, compelling 300 word speculative flash fiction anthology has something for everyone. There are no wasted words, no fluff, and absolutely no treacle. This is a keeper and I’ll read it again and again.

I, of course, have my favorites. This might seem like a long list but there were 110 stories to choose from. Some broke my heart, some made me laugh, some were eerie and gave me goosebumps, some had me sobbing into my hankie, but every single story made me think:
• Impact by Jack Ladd
Melanie
Jul 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A Scattered Thoughts and Rogue Words Review

Rating: 5 stars out of 5

For the full review visit https://wp.me/p220KL-ee8

From that review: " I'm in love with the flash fiction format.  It's so difficult for an author to build a universe, characters and then fit them into a well constructed story in a much larger framework, let alone one of 300 words. Yet here's an anthology of 245 pages of writers and stories,  all you could want, do exactly that.

Mostly science fiction, but there's fantasy and some
Amy Mills
Sep 20, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Enjoyable collection, overall. For there being 110 stories total, there were surprisingly few that I did not enjoy. The rest ranged from interesting to awesome.

While I usually try to review every story separately, it seemed impractical here. Likewise, I'm not going to try to mark off all the shelves the various stories fit under, beyond the basic SFF.

Disclaimer: I have a story in here (under a different name)
Naomi Tajedler
Aug 05, 2018 rated it really liked it
Among all the stories in this anthology (and not taking mine into consideration because hey, I am biased toward my own work), there were many that made me wish for a longer version, the characters were sooo riveting and the world-building so striking. For all these authors who managed to pull me in their worlds in 300 words or less, I will be looking for their other books!!
E.M. Hamill
Aug 09, 2018
Joshua Ian
Sally
Jul 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fantasy, transgender
Regan
rated it it was ok
Sep 24, 2018
L.V. Lloyd
Sep 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
Kevin Klehr
Maria Kelly
Ebonii Hodgers
Aug 19, 2018
Kari Trenten
Jul 23, 2018 is currently reading it  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
Natalie Kalachov
Aug 06, 2018
Penumbra
Aug 10, 2018
K.C. Faelan
Aug 10, 2018 marked it as to-read  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
David Erickson
Sep 25, 2018
Miina
Oct 01, 2018
Eloreen Moon
Oct 20, 2018
Goodreads Librari...: Add & Combine 2 11 Aug 12, 2018 11:52AM
Scott lives with his husband in a leafy Sacramento, California suburb, in a cute yellow house with a pair of pink flamingoes in the front yard.

He has always been in the place between the here and now and the what could be. He started reading science fiction and fantasy at the tender age of nine, encouraged by his mother. But as he read the golden age classics and more modern works too, he started

QSF Flash Fiction (4 books)
  • Discovery: QSF's Second Annual Flash Fiction Contest (QSF Flash Fiction, #1)
  • Flight: Queer Sci Fi's Third Annual Flash Fiction Contest (QSF Flash Fiction, #2)
  • Renewal: Queer Sci Fi's Fourth Annual Flash Fiction Contest (QSF Flash Fiction, #3)