Start by marking “Participant” as Want to Read:
Participant

Participant

Sometimes falling apart is the only way to put yourself together...

Alexis spends most sunny California days in a drab cubicle toiling away at a job that crushes her soul, and goes home to a dysfunctional relationship that is doing a number on her heart. She’s plagued with discontent and haunted by an unsettling melancholy, which only worsens after her fiancé of almost thre
Published November 5th 2018 by Evolved Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Participant, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Participant

Miriam Verheyden
Oct 31, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I adored this book. Every 20-something woman will relate to Alexis, who struggles to find her purpose in life. Most of us have worked jobs we hate, simply because we don't know what else to do, and we've all experienced heartbreak.
The author reminds us with this well-written story that we should never lose hope, and that we can find new beginnings in the most unusual places.
Amanda Beaulieu
Dec 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Received a promotional copy of this book via Voracious Readers Only.

This was probably the most well written book I have read thus far from VRO. The rocky relationship dynamic in the beginning hit close to home as my fiance and I went through a similar stint when we initially moved in together. The roller coaster of good and bad aspects of like was really realistic and age appropriate for the main character and I was happy to read the direction she took. This is a great story of personal growth a
Taya DeVere
Dec 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing
An entertaining and intriguing page-turner.

At first I thought this story would be too "girly girl" for me, but the well described and interesting characters kept me reading on. The girls in this story are like commercial jingles: annoying but catchy. By the third chapter, I was hooked.

The true meaning in this book is to never give up on your dreams. No matter how many people tell you you're insane or you'll "never make it". This is something I can relate to in so many levels. And to read a very
Clare
Dec 30, 2018 rated it really liked it
Thank you to Voracious Readers Only for a complimentary copy of this book. I really enjoyed Lexi's character and felt I could relate to her, from making significant life changes to growing into someone she learnt to love. The narrative was well executed. I particularly appreciated the fact that it wasn't all rainbows and unicorns but some very real and sad/unfortunate situations unfolded. I look forward to other novels from Carmen.
Richard Robbins
Nov 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Participant is a great read. Warm and encouraging, it gives hope to evreyone who has ever experienced pain and self doubt. An excellent read. I look forward to the next book from this talented young author.
Felicia
Nov 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book! It was well-written and I could really relate to the main character! This book has inspired me to look past my soul-crushing job and get out and enjoy things I am passionate about. Can’t wait for more books from this author!
C.S. Simpson
Daniellei Settles
Nov 07, 2018
La'shara Gentry Long
Nov 10, 2018
I’m a born and raised So Cal native. I have a real thing for sunshine, which is just one reason why I’ve never wanted to live anywhere else. I work in an office, and I work out. I’m an avid movie watcher of all genres, but horror movies are my favorite. If I'm not already planning my next vacation, I'm definitely thinking about it. I always wanted to write a book, and so I did.