Start by marking “Throw the Key” as Want to Read:
Throw the Key

Throw the Key

"Lock the doors and windows...don't talk to anyone...keep the kids with you."

Jenna Bradley knows she needs to be afraid, she just doesn't know what she should be afraid of. An evening phone call from her husband, Eric, rattles her to the core. "I'm coming to get you and the kids. We have to go away for a while."

No explanation, just a few orders laced in panic.

Jenna can onl
ebook
Published October 6th 2018 by Christine Barfknecht

To ask other readers questions about Throw the Key, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Throw the Key

ABCme
Sep 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: kindle, netgalley
Thank you Netgalley and the author for the ARC

Wow, speak of psychological thriller! This book is one crazy ride. With a strong start, it takes me right in. Fast paced, urgent, tension building, I'm on the edge of my seat, not a clue what I'm chasing yet, but I'm chasing it.
Superb dialogue, indepth characters, vivid surroundings. Good intentions having devastating effects.
Before I realize it, I'm halfway through and still no cracks in the story. But once the light gets in and the dots start conn
Philomena Callan Cheekypee
Oct 30, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: loved-it
This is a new to me author. I’ll certainly be keeping an eye out for further releases.

I gotta say I really enjoyed this read. Firstly the cover and blurb grabbed me straight away.

Jenna is a strong likeable main character. She will do anything to protect her kids and keep them safe. When her husband rings her to tell her he’s coming to collect the family and they need to go away she knows her life is about to change dramatically. I think I’d have freaked out but Jenna is strong and courageous.

T
Book-Lover Book Blog
The blurb for this looked so good, so promising, and for the most part, it was. I mean, the story was descriptive, well thought out and pretty chilling which are all such good qualities to have in psychological thriller but it wasn’t the best.

I’m not sure the title of the book matches it’s contents but cover is a pretty good fit and is eye catching on different levels. The story itself seems too unrealistic for me. With psychological thriller’s I want there to be a truth to the whole thing and
Gina Stamper
Nov 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: suspense
What a clever story with a wonderful balance of mystery and suspense.
Christine Barfknecht has created a novel in which the main character shows growth. For me that is always something I look for in my favorite main characters. I liked flawed characters and if they can overcome things, it really speaks to me.

This was a quick read for me. I felt like the words and plot just flowed long effortlessly. I found myself flipping page after page, laughing, and guessing the whole time.
Donna
Sep 15, 2018 rated it really liked it
Mystery and good amount of suspense, many different stories all tie in nicely at the end.
Protagonist is realistic, does things that most mothers would do to protect their children.
RABT Book Tours and PR
Aug 28, 2018
Leslie Hawkinson
Aug 04, 2018
Christine Barfknecht
Aug 09, 2018 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
James Robert
Jeanna Massman
Kim
RABT Book Tours: Throw the Key 1 1 Nov 02, 2018 04:39AM
RABT Book Tours: Throw the Key by Christine Barfknecht 1 3 Sep 03, 2018 05:47AM
Christine Barfknecht has a passion for weaving the darkest bits of the human psyche into page-turning fiction. She has been crafting stories since long before she printed her first word and credits her overactive imagination to a lifelong love of reading, primarily the kind of mysteries that kept her hiding beneath the covers late into the night.

Christine lives in rural Wisconsin with her husband