Start by marking “Ruthless King (Kings of Rittenhouse #3)” as Want to Read:
Ruthless King (Kings of Rittenhouse #3)

Ruthless King

(Kings of Rittenhouse #3)

My dick never got me in half as much trouble as my heart...

We were high school sweethearts. I was head over heels for her and no one could tell me we weren’t going to last forever. College? Going pro? My family’s money? None of it mattered. She was all I needed.

Then she ripped my heart out. But I’m not going to let that happen again.

She’s back. Invading my life and acting
Published January 10th 2019 (first published January 2nd 2019)

To ask other readers questions about Ruthless King, please sign up.
Maya Hughes Hi Tabitha! It will be out in January :) I'm so excited for you to read it!! …moreHi Tabitha! It will be out in January :) I'm so excited for you to read it!! (less)

Start your review of Ruthless King (Kings of Rittenhouse #3)
CristiinaReads❀
Dec 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc-books, favorites
➳A second chance romance that has passion involved with history that is filled with emotions that are so in depth with each character, once you read their love story there is no going back...

➳There is no denying that my love for Maya's writing is one that will diminish any time soon. When it comes down to sports romances I am weak in knees because the fact is that I love me a good rugged guy who properly knows how to work it in the field (or ice rink in this case) and also knows how to prope
Carol [Goodreads Addict]
Ruthless King is book three in the Kings of Rittenhouse series by Maya Hughes. You can definitely read these as stand alones but I do recommend that you read the little prequel novella, Kings of Rittenhouse, first. It introduces this group of friends and sets the stage perfectly for the book!

It’s been four years since the night back in high school that Avery Davis ripped out Emmett Cunning’s heart. For four years he has lived his life, achieved his dream of being a professional hockey player for
Lana ❇✾DG Romance❇✾
4 STARS

The second I read the blurb to this book, I knew this would be my first Maya Hughes read. I'm a sucker for a good second-chance romance, and this one checked all of my boxes.
Avery Davis had dismantled me and left me as a shell. Even knowing the pain she’d caused, every night I closed my eyes, it wa
Wendys Wycked Words
4ssdf

I have read and enjoyed the first book in this series "Shameless King". For some reason, I forgot  skipped the second book "Reckless King"(<-I will fix this mistake soon) ...This is the third book... Avery and Emmet's story, and it can be read as a stand-alone.

Now even though I skipped the second book, I still remembered Avery and Emmett from the first book, and I really wanted to read their story. I do things ass-backward all the time so I will just read Heath's story later ;)

Animated GIF

The first book was
Beatrice Masaluñga
ARC kindly provided by the author in exchange for an honest review.

Ruthless King is about former high school lovers Emmett Cunning and Avery Davis. Emmett is wealthy and privilege but his parents are never preset. Avery cannot rely to her father as he succumb into addiction. She had no choice but to step in as the breadwinner of the family. In spite of their socioeconomic differences, it didn't matter for these two. They're both young and in love but one incident ripped their relationship apart.
 Sonya ♕Chatterbooks book blog♕
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

I’ve been wanting to get my hands on Emmett and Avery's story from the minute I read Shameless King and this was more than what I could’ve hoped for. I have a weakness for second chance romances and when we were given a little bit of the background in book 1, I knew that this story was going to be filled with drama, heartache, and redemption and I was so on bored for this journey!!

Good looks, women, endless wealth, you name it and Emmett Cunning has it. Life is not too bad for this twent
Sep 30, 2018 rated it really liked it
AVAILABLE NOW

4.5 CROWNS

Maya Hughes has captured my heart. She has created an angst filled, emotional second chance romance that killed me in the best way

Ohhhh, boy! Let me tell you about Emmett. You may have seen glimpses of him if you have read the Kings of Rittenhouse series by Maya Hughes, but you don’t even know what you are in for with Ruthless King! This is Maya’s best book to date!! I was enthralled with this second chance romance.

Emmett is so much more complex than I ever thought. His
Melanie (mells_view)
Hmmmm

I liked the plot of this second chance romance. It is mainly misunderstandings, lack of communications, and then some shady shady things from outsiders. All in all it’s a decent read. I skimmed a bit, because some things felt like filler. I didn’t read the first two books or the prequel novella, but it was still easy enough to catch on to what was going on here. Not sure if I will continue the series, because I mainly just wanted to see how this couple panned out (the blurb enticed me), but
Maya Hughes
Oct 13, 2018 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Shelves: my-books
RUTHLESS KING IS LIVE!!!

Grab your copy now at the special release price!

Amazon US: https://amzn.to/2SIoSg2
Amazon UK: https://amzn.to/2FjO9JD
Amazon AU: https://amzn.to/2H1a1Mh
Amazon CA: https://amzn.to/2CWnjFC

[image error]
Betül
Dec 20, 2018 rated it liked it
**ARC provided by author in exchange for an honest review**

description

Ruthless king is the first book I read by Maya Hughes. Second-chance romances are one of my favorite book tropes, so I was excited about this story. It started really good, and I couldn't wait to see what happened that broke these two apart in high school. When I finally got bits an pieces of the past, it kind of lessened my enjoyment for this story. One thing I hate in second-chance romances is when the couple breaks up because of a mis
Syndi
Jun 18, 2020 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I do not like Ruthless King. It is ruthless bad book. Reading some of Miss Hughes books, I am disappointed that Ruthless King does not meet my expectation. Second chance romance is usually my go to romance book. Because it has all of that sweet swoon dramatic groveling.

What does not work for me is Emmet. After knowing the reason why Avery done what she did, he still being so mean and kicked her out. He is so rude. Not a romantic hero as I imagined. He is demanding, childish and brooding. He sho
Jan 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This installment is about Emmett and Avery… They were high school sweethearts, crazy in love, and Emmett wanted nothing more than to spend his life with Avery. Until everything suddenly changed, and the young man became broken and unable to move on. Fast forward seven years and they are suddenly thrown together again. He tries so hard to stay angry, but thankfully, he starts losing that momentum.

First, I have loved this series so much! However, this one is by far my favorite of the series. Why y
Rejane
Jan 01, 2019 marked it as not-interested
It's so nice to read a honest review for ARC. Most of the time they are just generic essay talking about the author’s competence with words and how feelings are brought to the pages followed by 4 or 5 stars rate.
Misunderstanding and miscommunication are big pet peeves for me in my books. I don't care what age the characters are, just don't like it used as reason for separation. I agree with the reviewer whos says it’s one of the laziest conflict to break up a couple.

Jo Reads Romance

Wow! The feels.
5 stars

This book. Wow! This book hit me right in the feels.

I was hooked from the very first page and even when I wasn’t reading - which I did at any and every opportunity - I was thinking about it. Thinking about Emmett and Avery and worrying over them. Would they ever get their happily ever after?

Ruthless King is a new adult romance. The characters are all in their early 20s. This isn’t usually my kind of book as I feel like I wouldn’t connect with characters in such a diffe
Rochelle | Rochelle Reads ♡
Dec 13, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: arc

I have been dying to read Avery and Emmett’s second chance romance since starting Kings of Rittenhouse. Once having experienced an enviable, near perfect romance, only to have that dream shatter, ending tragically, Avery and Emmett’s relationship started to be filled with undeniable animosity. And many questions started swirling in my head, piquing my interest, about this couple’s reasons for separating.

Ruthless King was overall more enjoyable than Shameless King and Reckless King. However, I se
Brianna at Renee Entress's Blog
4.5 Stars!

Maya Hughes is back with the third standalone installment in the Kings of Rittenhouse series and what a story this was y'all. And while I've not read this others in this series (though I plan to rectify that soon), I had no issues falling right into the lives of every character I met in this book and the storyline laid out.

Ruthless King was a sexy, angsty, intense second chance new adult romance that had my heart beating a little faster and me glued to the pages, not stopping until the
book bruin
Dec 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
description

I have been dying for this story from the moment I was introduced to Emmett and Avery in the prequel novella, Kings of Rittenhouse. Second chance romances are one of my very favorite tropes and Maya Hughes really delivered! Though this is book 3 in the series, it can be read as a stand alone. It will be most appreciated, however, if read in order/if the prequel is read first.

This book hurt my heart in the best way. The angst and anguish were high in Ruthless King and there were times I didn't t
JewelsyGoolsy
Jan 11, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4.25 stars.
Skipped book #2 cos I really needed to know how this couple got their crap together. I only wished that the HFNs in this series weren’t so rushed and heavy on the next book’s prep. Ah well, guess I’m gonna need to read the next book to try catch a glimpse of this couple’s HFN continuation.

Told in dual POV and book #3 in a series.
Kokomo
Jan 12, 2019 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: meh
Lacey (laceybooklovers)
3-3.5 stars! This was my first Maya Hughes book and I think I’ve discovered a new NA author to read (I’m always on the lookout for them)! While I had some problems with the second chance romance and why it didn’t work out for the main characters the first time around, I really enjoyed getting to know this cast of characters and will definitively be going back to read the first two books in the series.

Full review to come!

Thanks to the author for generously providing me an ARC to review.
Tee loves Kyle Jacobson
OMG this book is named righteously because Emmett is RUTHLESS in his pursuit of the woman he loves with all his heart Avery. I am not going to say to much because I don't want to spoil it for anyone because this is one book I am going to recommend this book to EVERYONE!

Emmett has it all family, friends, and hockey but the one thing he wants more than life he does not have and that is Avery. Emmett and Avery are high school sweet hearts and have everything planned out until one day Avery walks aw
Sophie's Reading Corner
4 Ruthless Stars

“I never stopped loving you. Even when I hated you with all of my being, even when I hated myself for it and wished I could carve my heart out of my chest, I still loved you.”

Emmett and Avery used to be high school sweethearts and the lovey-dovey kind of until something happened and drove them apart with some bitter feelings hanging between them years later. Somehow they are forced to spend some time together and that won't be easy for anyone. Will they kill each oth
Wendy'sThoughts
Dec 22, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Maya Hughes Fans, Romance
4 Always You Stars
* * * * Spoiler Free-Don't Miss, LIMITED TIME FREE!!!
This is part of a series, yet can be read as stand-alone. A heartwrenching couple, high school love, who for some reason broke apart and each think it was the other that caused it. They are grown now but still have the flame burning low only to reignite.

Kings of Rittenhouse - A Shameless King Prequel by Maya HughesKings of Rittenhouse - A Shameless King Prequel (Kings of Rittenhouse,#0.5)
Shameless King (Kings of Rittenhouse #1) by Maya Hughes Shameless King (Kings of Rittenhouse,#1)
Reckless King (Kings of Rittenhouse, #2) by Maya Hughes Reckless King (Kings of Rittenhouse,#2)
Ruthless King (Kings of Rittenhouse, #3) by Maya Hughes Ruthless King (Kin
Na
"You're the constant in my life, in my heart, my everything."

Even though Ruthless King is the third book in this series, it was my first. It's also my first by Maya Hughes and I must say, I'm quite surprised and impressed. Don't let my 3 star rating blind you. This book is a great entertaining read. It's filled with drama and heartache. A very likable, damn hot and vulnerable hero and a strong, admirable heroine give this second chance sports romance the right drive.

"It had only taken a
booksara
Feb 19, 2021 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
‧͙⁺˚*・༓☾☆ 4 stars ☆☽༓・*˚⁺‧͙

awww i liked this one!! I already knew Avery and Emmett from the Fulton U series, so I was excited to read their story. I think this one is my favorite in this series so far. Only because this is the only book where the MC actually talked about everything lol. I got frustrated cause they fcked half the book and then squished all the important stuff to the end, but when I finished it I had the biggest smile so it’s all good. Em was too quick into everything and I got m
Nadine Bookaholic
You can see this and other Reviews I have written along with various cover reveals, excerpts, and giveaways here Nadine's Obsessed with Books

Ruthless King is the third, actually fourth book if you count the prequel, in the Kings of Rittenhouse series it can be read as a standalone but I would highly suggest if you plan on doing that you at least read the free prequel because it will set this story up for you.
Emmett and Avery were high school sweethearts until their epic breakup that still ha
Tanaka The Bibliophile
"Every inch had been covered by my hands and lips, a map I’d traveled often, discovering every secret pleasure hidden underneath. I couldn’t wait to get reacquainted."

One of the things I love the most is when a blurb makes me so hyped up over a book. You read an amazing blurb and you just want to get your hands on the book. No matter who the author, if the blurb is beautifully written and catches my eyes, I want to read the book. I feel so excited. I feel my soul stirred. I feel so overjoyed. I
Nov 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I have been waiting for Emmett & Avery's story ever since the start of The Kings of Rittenhouse, and I absolutely loved it. These young hockey players have worked their way into my heart one by one, and Emmett is my favorite. He is so broken, yet so strong on the outside. He has never hidden his dysfunctional family from his friends, but he keeps his pain from longing and rejection hidden to most. Emmett has always come across as "the leader" to me. He pays for everything - takes care of everyon ...more
Anne OK
Hockey sports-related romance. Second chance at love trope. Third book in the Rittenhouse Kings series.

Avery and Emmett once had it all -- for first loves in high school. He's the rich guy, sports hero that is the envy of all -- she's the poor girl on scholarship to the private high school whose dad is the school maintenance man. One night and a mistaken encounter and things go down the drain. Four years later, they are reunited -- not by choice. And there are secrets to be unveiled. Things migh

• Throttled (Dirty Air, #1)
  • The Dare (Briar U, #4)
  • Collided (Dirty Air, #2)
  • The Revenge Pact (Kings of Football, #1)
  • The Play (Briar U, #3)
  • Not My Match (The Game Changers, #2)
  • Wrecked (Dirty Air, #3)
  • The Risk (Briar U, #2)
  • The Goal (Off-Campus, #4)
  • Little Lies
  • The Romantic Pact (Kings of Football, #2)
  • The Relationship Pact (Kings of Football, #3)
  • Redeemed (Dirty Air, #4)
  • Campus King (FOREVER YOU Book 4)
  • The Score (Off-Campus, #3)
  • The Chase (Briar U, #1)
  • I Promise You
  • The Mistake (Off-Campus, #2)
Maya Hughes is an Amazon Top 20 author of swoon worthy, laugh out loud, and emotional new adult and contemporary romances.

Add Maya's next releases to your Goodreads Shelf!

The Art of Falling For You (Falling, #1) by Maya Hughes The Sin of Kissing You (Falling #2) by Maya Hughes The Hate of Loving You (Falling, #3) by Maya Hughes

NEW AUDIO!

The Perfect First (Fulton U, #1) by Maya Hughes The Second We Met (Fulton U, #2) by Maya Hughes The Third Best Thing (Fulton U, #3) by Maya Hughes The Fourth Time Charm (Fulton U, #4) by Maya Hughes

RECENT RELEASES

Shameless King (Kings of Rittenhouse #1) by Maya Hughes Reckless King by Maya Hughes Ruthless King (Kings of Rittenhouse, #3) by Maya Hughes Fearless King (Kings of Rittenhouse, #4) by Maya Hughes Heartless King (Kings of Rittenhouse, #5) by Maya Hughes

The Proposal (SWANK, #1) by Maya Hughes The Sweetest Thing (SWANK, #2) by Maya Hughes

Kings of Rittenhouse (5 books)
  • Shameless King (Kings of Rittenhouse #1)
  • Reckless King
  • Fearless King (Kings of Rittenhouse, #4)
  • Heartless King (Kings of Rittenhouse, #5)

Articles featuring this book

Everywhere we look, fictional characters are finding their second chance at love. High school sweethearts are reuniting, one-night stands are...
“We weren’t over. This isn’t over. We’re not over,” I growled against her skin.” 0 likes