Start by marking “Reckless King (Kings of Rittenhouse, #2)” as Want to Read:
Reckless King (Kings of Rittenhouse, #2)

Reckless King

(Kings of Rittenhouse #2)

An irresistibly steamy college sports romance.

Heath Taylor. Laid back. Easy going. Fastest guy on two skates and chill to a fault, at least that’s what they say. Until Kara.

Three nights together and I’m done for. Her laugh, her smile, the way my hand curves around her waist. She’s the one. Not a doubt in my mind...until I walk into my last class of the semester.

Kara, the
296 pages
Published August 24th 2018

To ask other readers questions about Reckless King, please sign up.

Start your review of Reckless King (Kings of Rittenhouse, #2)
Cristina | CristiinaReads
Jul 21, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc-books
➳When the forbidden becomes such an addictive force that cannot be broken, Heath must show Kara that he is the ideal partner that she needs to have in this imperative college romance...

➳Knowing Heath from Shameless King, one knows what a down-right calmed individual he is. His love for hockey and plants is also another thing that should not come as a surprise as he is such a unique individual. The Kings of Rittenhouse as back with yet again another couple that will have you craving for more.
Book-Bosomed  blog
Aug 13, 2018 rated it liked it
3.5 Stars

This is really hard to rate. But since there were things I liked and things I didn’t enjoy, a middle of the road rating is probably most accurate. Starting with the positive….

The characters were likable, and I enjoyed them as a couple. I was intrigued with Heath from the previous book. Heath Taylor, 22, was a catch in this one too. He cooks, he knows his flowers, and his favorite movie is The Breakfast Club. This was off to a good start.

He was sexy:
“‘…that will make it that much hotte
Rochelle | Rochelle Reads ♡
Aug 09, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: arc

Before everyone frowns at me in disappointment, I wanted to read this with nothing but intense enjoyment, but certain aspects made it difficult. While the characters have good development, the plot they were given wasn’t… fantastic. More on this later. First, I want to discuss the positives.

In some ways, Kara and Heath almost have an instant love type relationship, but they have enough connection to prevent it from being unrealistic and too extravagant. I would have preferred some more time expl
Carmen Rae
So I had absolutely no worries keeping my head in this book. After I finished Shameless King I jumped on KU to grab the next one and saw that there was an introductory novella and just as I was about to one click it I saw a few reviews saying how badly it made them want book three. And since I was already feeling that to my soul I thought I had best just jump into this one.

And I am so glad I did. Even if I cried a lot more than I was expecting to. Like seriously there was a load of emotions in t
Elsa Gomes (BookishAurora)
Rate: 4,5 / 5 stars

We finally got more of the Kings wooh ooh! It's no secret I fell in love with all the Kings when I met Declan and I had been so excited to get more of them. I am so happy we got to see them all together again. I am living for these guys!

I loved getting to know all about Heath, he seemed like such a chill guy but there is so much more beyond what he puts out in the world. He has his own demons and they get to him a lot but he always seem to pull through and be there for other
Happily Mary After
Aug 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I have fallen in love with Maya Hughes’ writing and her Kings of Rittenhouse series. Reckless King is the second installment, and while it is a stand-alone, you don’t want to miss the first book, Shameless King and the series prequel, Kings of Rittenhouse. In Reckless King, Heath and Kara have a steamy one-night stand that leaves them both wanting and asking for more. They connect on an emotional and physical level, and it feels as though there is a lot of potential for a meaningful relationshi ...more
Nadine Bookaholic
I really enjoyed this book and very happy the author didn’t go in the direction I initially thought she would to add more angst to the story, believe me there was enough going on with out the added drama it would have caused.

I previously read the first book in the series so I met Heath before and really liked him, there was something about his quite demeanor that called to me. I knew there had to be hurt and possibly even abuse at the core of it and unfortunately I was right about that but he m
susana ♡
Apr 30, 2020 rated it it was amazing
kara and heath own my entire heart.. definitely one of my favorite love stories ever
Sara➽ Ink Is My Sword
Aug 10, 2018 marked it as to-read
I may just read this whole series just because I love the book cover model of this one, I definitely have a weakness for long hair in men.
Vanessa (nessreads)
Aug 23, 2018 rated it really liked it
*I voluntarily read and reviewed an ARC of this book*

4.5 Stars

Oh my gosh, my cheeks hurt from smiling so hard. Ever since finding out that Heath was the next King in line to get a book I was over the moon ecstatic. The small glimpses we got of him is Shameless King was not enough. I couldn't wait to get his full story. And I was definitely not disappointed.

I was pleasantly surprised by Heath. There's more to this laid back guy. Yes, he's fun and outgoing, but on a deeper level there's so much mo
Amanda
Aug 23, 2018 rated it really liked it
I am thoroughly enjoying this series. It's no secret I love hockey romances-- make it a new adult hockey romance and I'm a goner. Though this is a standalone series, I think you'll want to read each one in order as they come. Why? Because this team, these friends, are special and incredibly entertaining. They are important to each other and vital to every couples story.

Heath and Kara have quite a few demons. Each dealt with a not so pleasant childhood, but seem to be thriving now, but the doubt
Island Queen Reads
The Kings of Rittenhouse are back! Every King gets their own book and this book is about Heath! All of them can be read as standalones, which I love. Heath and Kara's story is a simple yet deeply emotional story. They have completely different personalities that blend so well together. Watching these two tackle their own demons while simultaneously healing each other was beautiful. There were also so many aspects to this book that felt a little all over the place, but in the end, love conquered ...more
Maria
Sep 01, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
*3.5 stars*

Half way through it really picked up the pace and became really interesting!
TheBookBoutique Brittany_Elizabeth_Sarah
"She'd been mine since the second I'd laid eyes on her, and I'd broken her heart."

Reckless King straight up wrecked me. I was so emotional throughout the whole book that I even cried multiple times. I love the story Maya Hughes tells throughout this book. This book is SO much more than your typical hockey/sports romance. Heath and Kara's story was painfully beautiful, in so many ways.

"The hurt you gave was the hurt you got."

Heath is such a broody, emotional, and damaged guy. He has gone
Meredith
Aug 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Maya Hughes really knocked it out of the park with Reckless Kings. From brilliant writing to entertaining characters. To hilarious moments and those that felt like your heart was being ripped out. This book had it all. It was the perfect balance of humor, sexy times and delicious angst. This story will consume you. You will be lost and swept away in the story of Heath and Kara. Before you know it, you'll be devouring the pages, flipping through them as quick as you can, but at the same time savo ...more
♥️Fantasy Land  Book Reviewer♥️
Sep 06, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2018, arc
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

What a great second book in these Kings of Rittenhouse books. I loved Heath.

Kara is in the process of getting her professor degree. She is Heaths TA in his independent study class. These two have heavy chemistry. When their emotions get in the way of school what will they do?

Again I loved this story,
Rebecca
Aug 24, 2018 rated it really liked it
First of all, any hero who uses The Breakfast Club as his ‘movie therapy’ is totally worthy of a book boyfriend nod, but that’s not all that makes Heath Taylor my kind of male lead; throughout the course of Reckless King’s story line, readers get to know Heath, the hockey player…Heath, the college student…Heath, the easy-going guy, but the one Heath that intrigues me the most is Heath, the man who can’t get enough of a certain grad student/independent study TA…the same man who needs to figure ou ...more
Caitlin Audet
The beloved Kings are back for more drama on and off the ice with Reckless King aka Heath Taylor's story. Maya Hughes has already introduced us to five great guys in the first book, Shameless King, and I love how each so far plays off one another but stands apart on its own. From the time I saw the cover to the final page I once again became fully engrossed in these lives and where they are headed moving forward with the storyline.

Heath Taylor has always portrayed a chill vibe even when he was r
MillsyLovesBooks
Aug 22, 2018 rated it really liked it
The way Maya Hughes writes her stories for this series is SO much more than your typical hockey/sports romance. After reading Shameless King, I was really intrigued about Heath and was so excited to finally start Reckless King and every book thats to come from these kings!!

Heath is fighting inner demons from his past, he came across as such a broody, emotional, and damaged guy. Due to his past he is always questioning himself. He doubts himself constantly, but always tries to do the right thing
Hanna's Book Obsession
“Reckless King” is by far one of my Favorite reads of 2019!!!! This book is Sensational!!! My gosh Maya is amazing!! Heath and Kara’s love is so freaking pure!! It happens fast but you can feel the instant connection. It is Incredible. I honestly didn’t want this book to end. It took me a lot longer to finish than it normally would because I wasn’t ready to let go of these two. When I was finished with Heath and Kara’s story I had tears in my eyes because this story was that wonderful! This book ...more
Chelé
Aug 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
It was amazing to be back among the "Kings" the whole gang is back and everything I loved about Shameless King was present but even more so! This book is even better!

Star hockey player Heath Taylor is excited to wrap up his final season in college, graduate and head to the NHL. Life is good but it can always get better.

Kara is amazing. Smart, feisty, strong and beautiful. The night she and Heath meet there's like this force. When these two are together it's absolute FIRE! I enjoyed every single
Kate
Sep 21, 2019 rated it liked it
This one was interesting and in some ways, more put together than the first installment. There was more focus on issues that were flashed out for the characters and less loose threads left at the end. At the same time, the romance part felt a bit off to me? I didn't mind that Heath and Kara got together right away but I just didn't become invested in their story for some reason.

Still, it was an emotional ride, just not because of the main characters (but maybe it's just me, who knows?).

Trigger w
Linda Romer
Mar 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: reviews, favorites
Loved Reckless King. Another great Kings of Rittenhouse novel. I loved Heath and Kara's story. These men are really growing on me. I feel like I know them intimately. what a great group of friends, they are always there for one another. Reckless King was kind of sad but also triumphant. Health and Kara have sizzling chemistry and great back stories. A wonderful ending and I can't wait to read book #3 Ruthless King.

I give Reckless King 5 stars for its great story.
I would recommend this book to Sp
cupcakes and bookshelves
Aug 20, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc
Humour, sass, heartbreak, sexy and angst, just how I like my books. I really felt Heath and Kara's anguish and tribulations in this book. I'm loving this series and I'm really looking forward to the next book.

*ARC kindly given in exchange for an honest review, thank you so much. *
Maria
May 02, 2020 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
I was really bored by this book, I liked the characters well enough, I don't actually have a problem with them, but the story just didn't made interested enough, the instant love and commitment was strik one, at the beginning he speak about how much he likes a challenge, she really wasn't one, the only challenge about her was for him to wait while she ate, that was strike 2! After that I just lost interest, I just powered trough because this series was recommend to me and wanted to see the fuss, ...more
Angelica Haney
Dec 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Damn this book tore my heart out and shredded it but luckily it remade it in the end! Heath and Kara’s story was absolutely everything I could have hoped for! I’m seriously so in love with all of the King’s and can’t wait to continue reading all of their stories!
flavia
Aug 18, 2019 rated it it was ok
i’m so sorry but i didn’t connect at all with the main characters of this book, i found their plot ridiculous and every thing they did was simply stupid
Fernanda Granzotto
Dec 20, 2019 rated it really liked it
I read this very quickly. Besides being a fast and steamy read,it made me laugh and cry at some moments too. Different from the first one this book touch’s in some more heavier topics that I wish was more developed but that was very important non the less. And made the book more real.
Sarah - Musings of the Modern Belle
Beta Read

I'm seriously greedy for all of the Kings. Heath is just everything, and Maya has given us another couple with amazing chemistry.
Becca
Sep 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing
4.5 Stars!
I am a huge fan of sports romances! I also love when they involve Hockey, which honestly is strange because I am not a hockey fan in life. I’d much rather watch a football game (ps I love books with football!) I have been really enjoying the Kings of Rittenhouse series by @mayahugheswrites ! I binge read the first two books Shameless King and Reckless King last week and absolutely loved them! Most recently I read Reckless King and it was my favorite of the two! I loved that is started
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »

• The Fake (Smart Jocks #4)
  • Hatemates
  • The Tip-Off (Smart Jocks, #3)
  • The Fadeaway (Smart Jocks, #2)
  • The Assist (Smart Jocks, #1)
  • Focused
  • The Trade
  • Dear Ava
  • Ruthless Knight (Royal Hearts Academy, #2)
  • Fake It 'Til You Break It
  • I Hate You
  • Kiss King
  • Boyfriend Bargain (Hawthorne University, #1)
  • The Lineup
  • Breaker
  • A Secret for a Secret (All In, #3)
  • The Hunter (Boston Belles, #1)
  • Dirty Player
Maya Hughes is an Amazon Top 50 author of swoon worthy, laugh out loud, and emotional new adult and contemporary romances. Add Maya's upcoming books to your TBR today!

The Proposal (Cupcakes & Cocktails, #1) by Maya Hughes The Art of Falling For You (Falling, #1) by Maya Hughes The Fourth Time Charm (Fulton U, #4) by Maya Hughes

Don't miss the exclusive, steamy, office romance novella, The Perfect View! http://eepurl.com/cZoUzT

Instagram: (for tons of cupcake love! :-P)http://bit.ly/2WoY3OZ

Pinterest: http://bit.ly/2F3mqM2

Amazon: https://amzn.to

Kings of Rittenhouse (5 books)
  • Shameless King (Kings of Rittenhouse)
  • Ruthless King  (Kings of Rittenhouse, #3)
  • Fearless King (Kings of Rittenhouse, #4)
  • Heartless King (Kings of Rittenhouse, #5)