Start by marking “She's Not Here” as Want to Read:
She's Not Here

She's Not Here

Willow watched her father diminish in front of her as Alzheimer's pulled him further away each day. When a fire creates the perfect disaster, Willow's desperation to find a cure to the disease causes her to change Samantha Ellison's life forever.

Treated as an experiment, Willow injects Samantha with a serum that mimics Alzheimer’s and deteriorates her brain. With Sam's me
Published October 2nd 2018

To ask other readers questions about She's Not Here, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about She's Not Here

Eve K
Oct 17, 2018 rated it did not like it
Kim Chance
Aug 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Mandi Lynn's third novel, She's Not Here, an emotional roller coaster that centers around a young woman, Willow, who is desperate to find a cure to the disease that stole her father from her. That desperation pushes Willow to make some terrible choices and begs the questions of what would YOU do, what would YOU be willing to sacrifice to save your loved ones and yourself from such a fate? What I really loved about this book was the unique concept. I thought the science behind Mandi's ideas was r ...more
Alex
Oct 13, 2018 rated it did not like it
J.L. Willow
Aug 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Mandi Lynn’s newest book, She’s Not Here, kept me on the edge of my seat from page one. It’s a gripping story of love, pain, and loss with divided characters and complicated relationships. As a reader of her other work, I can attest that Lynn’s writing continues to improve as time goes on. I look forward to seeing what she creates next!
Thais • tata.lifepages •
This was one of the first thrillers I've read, I was sooo intrigued by the plot that I couldn't put the book down! It was veeery fast paced so you just keep on going, I love fast paced reads!

The only reason it isn't a 4 stars for me is that the genre of the book is more a melodrama instead of thriller, but still very well constructed, getting the reader entangled into the mishaps of the protagonist!

There is a lot of up to date medical insights which encounter today's situations, the whole idea b
Tianna Peterson
Aug 27, 2018 rated it liked it
Full review coming soon
Bel Campbell
Nov 05, 2018 added it
Shelves: dnf
Unfortunately I’ve had to DNF. I really enjoy Mandi’s content on YouTube and I think she’s a super helpful person in regards to writing, self publishing, etc. I was looking forward to reading ‘She’s Not Here’, but unfortunately it just wasn’t for me. I do like branching out and reading other genres but I found it quite hard to get into this one. Mandi is a great writer, but there were just some things I couldn’t get on board with.

The switching between POV’s within chapters was jarring. One momen
Janine
Aug 01, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
She’s Not Here is a psychological thriller which follows Willow Ash, a nurse who intervenes in the life of Samantha Ellison, a young girl that arrived in her hospital, plunging everything into chaos after essentially giving her Alzheimer’s Disease. This premise, along with loving Essence, had me interested in this novel.

To be honest, the first quarter, while developing a motivation for Willow and setting up Sam’s life, didn’t grab me as much as I would like. It’s not until Sam is injected with t
Mimi Strzelewicz
Oct 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing
She's Not Here is an incredible story with its setting held mostly in a hospital in the hopes to find a cure for Alzheimer's.

What intrigued me the most is that even though it is fiction, there is so much reality that gripped me. This book has so many experiences in it, such as love, evil, fear, deception and more. I found myself so upset at one point that I was yelling at a character.

I like a book that could potentially be true, and even though this story is fiction, it has the potential to be
Katharine Francis
Overall I'm giving this book 3 stars. The storyline/plot of the story is great. The execution and the writing itself needed a little more work, but more on that later. This review is going to be short mainly because I'm filming a full book review but overall I enjoyed the book for the most part.

The Pros

1) The plot! - I love a good human experiment plot.
2) Willow's character was balls to the walls crazy and I loved it. I personally love when authors make MC's do terrible things. As a reader I f
Ellie
Sep 13, 2018 rated it really liked it
This was a very interesting and thought-provoking read that kept me up at night. It truly explores a topic and question where there exists no definite answer. Mandi Lynn creates a wonderful atmosphere at a fast pace. Yet you've still got enough space and time to contemplate your own actions if placed in such a situation. Those little wheels inside my head wouldn't stop turning no matter what. Personally, I think it also had a very satisfying ending. I don't know what I expected, but it did what ...more
Kat
Jan 10, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2018, 2019
I really wanted to give this book a higher rating. I liked the premise very much and there is a lot to be said for the execution. The experience of living with a family member that has Alzheimer’s is very personal to the author and that really showed. It was this that I found most engaging. I very much enjoyed the characters of Willow and Sam, who were central to the story, and I did find it a compelling plot, but...

I found it very difficult to relate to some of the peripheral characters. The ch
Luna
Oct 03, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
She’s Not Here, the third novel by author Mandi Lynn, is full of heartbreak, emotion, and desperation. It blurs the lines between mortality and morality, dancing in a grey area where hope is the only thing to hold onto. It tests the boundaries of love, and poses the question; would you sacrifice one life to save thousands?

She’s Not Here follows Willow Ash, a nurse dealing with the death of her father, who was taken from her after a long battle with Alzheimer's. She wanders aimlessly through life
Marie McWilliams
Nov 11, 2018 rated it liked it
As with all books, there are some good points and bad points. First of all, as someone with relatives and friends who have suffered from dementia, I am always happy to see books putting the topic in the public eye. Alzheimers is a horrible disease, which robs people of everything that made them who they were. Mandi has done a good job of describing the nature and the effects of the disease on the individual as well as the devastating effects on the people around the sufferer, those who have to w ...more
Sathepine
Dec 08, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I did not expect this book to be that of quiet suspense, especially from the cover. But I have been reading two eventful stories back to back and for me this was a welcome change of pace. In my ebook version, I found several misspellings and formatting issues, which I hope the paperback doesn’t have. I also realized, after reading the book, that I have no idea what the characters look like. Maybe I missed their descriptions or maybe it didn’t matter to me, but I managed to enjoy the book despite ...more
VM DarkAngelo
Jan 11, 2019 rated it liked it
Mandi is clearly has a natural story telling ability. Her voice is clear and unique. She’s Not Here isn’t quite a thriller, however I did enjoy the story tremendously. There is quite a lot of head popping, and at times this serves the story well. But it is a habit that does need to be curbed. That being said, there is clear raw talent in this writer, with more time spent honing the craft on the technical side, she will be an amazing writer.
All in all, I liked the unique story line.
Kaylee White
Sep 25, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
***I was sent this as an ARC as part of the Street Team.***

I initially gave this a poor review and low rating. I was mistakenly under the impression this was the final copy we were given because I skimmed the materials Mandi gave us and was not bright enough to read all of it. Mandi was kind enough to remind me of this. The poor review was a mistake on my part and something I regret, as it was something Mandi didn't earn.

Knowing the final copy has been edited to reflect Mandi's hard work, I hav
Joey Paul
Nov 23, 2018 rated it really liked it
I really liked the premise of this story. The idea that one life to save thousands, possibly millions, is it justified? Willow was written as a likeable character, she was caring and kind, a nurse who loved her dad and hated what the disease had done to him. The story was engaging, and you felt pulled along by the words. There are twists and turns that have you wondering what's going to happen, and the ending is beyond what you could imagine. Overall a good read and a solid four stars!
Jasmine
This story blurs the lines of good and evil, and it really explores the gray shades in between. I loved the was it was written because it's a book that really makes you think. It explores how the main character feels and helps you understand her actions. However, at the same times she isn't necessarily who you are rooting for.

Overall, I really enjoyed the story :)
Alyssa Casey
Sep 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I've not finished this quite yet because of school but wanted to rate it and do a small review for now!! I absolutely love Mandi and her stories and I think this one is a step up for her. I also love how you can how much research that she'd done for all the medical parts of the story. Can't wait to finish the book!! But great job Mandi!! :)
Debbie
Dec 25, 2018 rated it liked it
In 2018 I have discovered that I really enjoy medical thrillers, probably because I have some knowledge about that stuff, and this was one of them. Which can be a pro while reading a book but also a con. When reading a novel which includes medical stuff, I know when some things are of or wrong, and I had some doubts about some stuff that happened in this novel, if that would really happen in a real hospital.
The other thing which was a miss for me, were the main couple, Willow and her husband. T
Spencer Hoadley
Aug 31, 2018 rated it it was amazing
'She's Not Here' kept me on the edge of my seat throughout the entire book. with very well thought out characters, intriguing concepts and a great morally gray concept, you'll be turning page after page.
Kiz J Moncrieff
Nov 13, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: thriller, romance
I really enjoyed this read, it was similar but still very different from a novel idea I myself had. I had read Lynn's debut novel earlier this year, and have to admit that I love them both. The writing style is very different, and unique and as the genre is also different it didn't feel like it was coming from the same author.

The story was highly enjoyable, as a Thriller is it shorter than the novels I usually read but I enjoyed the pacing, although it is slower than I would have expected from
April Taylor
Oct 27, 2018
Harley
Dec 23, 2018
ELLEN FLANAGAN
rated it did not like it
Feb 26, 2019
Jane Ridgewood
Feb 06, 2019
Mandi Lynn published her first novel when she was seventeen. The author of Essence, I am Mercy and She’s Not Here, Mandi spends her days continuing to write and creating YouTube videos to help other writers achieve their dreams of seeing their books published. Mandi is the owner of Stone Ridge Books, a company that works to help authors bring their books to life through cover design and digital bo ...more