Start by marking “She's Not Here” as Want to Read:
She's Not Here

She's Not Here

Willow watched her father diminish in front of her as Alzheimer's pulled him further away each day. When a fire creates the perfect disaster, Willow's desperation to find a cure to the disease causes her to change Samantha Ellison's life forever.

Treated as an experiment, Willow injects Samantha with a serum that mimics Alzheimer’s and deteriorates her brain. With Sam's m
Published October 2nd 2018

To ask other readers questions about She's Not Here, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about She's Not Here

Start your review of She's Not Here
Kim Chance
Aug 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Mandi Lynn's third novel, She's Not Here, an emotional roller coaster that centers around a young woman, Willow, who is desperate to find a cure to the disease that stole her father from her. That desperation pushes Willow to make some terrible choices and begs the questions of what would YOU do, what would YOU be willing to sacrifice to save your loved ones and yourself from such a fate? What I really loved about this book was the unique concept. I thought the science behind Mandi's ideas was r ...more
J.L. Willow
Aug 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Mandi Lynn’s newest book, She’s Not Here, kept me on the edge of my seat from page one. It’s a gripping story of love, pain, and loss with divided characters and complicated relationships. As a reader of her other work, I can attest that Lynn’s writing continues to improve as time goes on. I look forward to seeing what she creates next!
Alex
Oct 13, 2018 rated it did not like it
Stefanie
First, thank you to the author for providing me a gifted copy for my honest review.

She’s Not Here is a story about Willow, who’s father is suffering from the debilitating disease, Alzheimer’s. She just wants a cure and after a failed experimental drug attempt, she’s more determined than ever to stop this dreadful disease.

While this book had what I’d consider a great plot line and story idea, there were a few things that didn’t go well for me.

The lack of medical accuracy bothered me. There were q
Thais • tata.lifepages •
This was one of the first thrillers I've read, I was sooo intrigued by the plot that I couldn't put the book down! It was veeery fast paced so you just keep on going, I love fast paced reads!

The only reason it isn't a 4 stars for me is that the genre of the book is more a melodrama instead of thriller, but still very well constructed, getting the reader entangled into the mishaps of the protagonist!

There is a lot of up to date medical insights which encounter today's situations, the whole idea b
Janine
Aug 01, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
She’s Not Here is a psychological thriller which follows Willow Ash, a nurse who intervenes in the life of Samantha Ellison, a young girl that arrived in her hospital, plunging everything into chaos after essentially giving her Alzheimer’s Disease. This premise, along with loving Essence, had me interested in this novel.

To be honest, the first quarter, while developing a motivation for Willow and setting up Sam’s life, didn’t grab me as much as I would like. It’s not until Sam is injected with t
Mimi Strzelewicz
Oct 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing
She's Not Here is an incredible story with its setting held mostly in a hospital in the hopes to find a cure for Alzheimer's.

What intrigued me the most is that even though it is fiction, there is so much reality that gripped me. This book has so many experiences in it, such as love, evil, fear, deception and more. I found myself so upset at one point that I was yelling at a character.

I like a book that could potentially be true, and even though this story is fiction, it has the potential to be
Ellie
Sep 13, 2018 rated it really liked it
This was a very interesting and thought-provoking read that kept me up at night. It truly explores a topic and question where there exists no definite answer. Mandi Lynn creates a wonderful atmosphere at a fast pace. Yet you've still got enough space and time to contemplate your own actions if placed in such a situation. Those little wheels inside my head wouldn't stop turning no matter what. Personally, I think it also had a very satisfying ending. I don't know what I expected, but it did what ...more
bel campbell
Nov 05, 2018 added it
Shelves: dnf
Unfortunately I’ve had to DNF. I really enjoy Mandi’s content on YouTube and I think she’s a super helpful person in regards to writing, self publishing, etc. I was looking forward to reading ‘She’s Not Here’, but unfortunately it just wasn’t for me. I do like branching out and reading other genres but I found it quite hard to get into this one. Mandi is a great writer, but there were just some things I couldn’t get on board with.

The switching between POV’s within chapters was jarring. One momen
Tianna || One Page at a Time
Aug 27, 2018 rated it did not like it
Full review coming soon
Katharine Francis
Follow the link below to see my honest opinion of this book

Carol lowkey.bookish
This medical thriller is about Willow who has seen what Alzheimers has done to her father and is desperate to find a cure before the same things happens to her. She decides to use a patient in her hospital, Samantha, as a guinea pig for a serum she has developed to help find a cure. Willow’s husband is a doctor in the same hospital and happens to be Samantha’s doctor; it’s only a matter of time before he uncovers the truth. The only question is whether he discovers Willow’s secrets in time to sa ...more
Suzy Michael
Jan 05, 2020 rated it liked it
Shelves: reviewed-books
Author Mandi Lynn writes an intriguing and heartbreaking thriller about love, loss, and grief, and how the combination can drive someone to the brink of madness with 'She's Not Here'
The story centers around Alzheimers and a question that has been asked since the beginning of time- is one life lost worth thousands saved? An ethical and moral question that becomes the root of the story and the actions the main character- Willow- decides to take.
I thought the story was decent- interesting enough to
Marie McWilliams
Nov 11, 2018 rated it liked it
As with all books, there are some good points and bad points. First of all, as someone with relatives and friends who have suffered from dementia, I am always happy to see books putting the topic in the public eye. Alzheimers is a horrible disease, which robs people of everything that made them who they were. Mandi has done a good job of describing the nature and the effects of the disease on the individual as well as the devastating effects on the people around the sufferer, those who have to w ...more
Zu Reviews
Sep 24, 2019 rated it really liked it
UPDATE: I've left my original review below, but I'm bumping up my rating as my biggest issue with the story was the grammar and typo errors. The author has since responded to me and is looking into the issue of why the print version still has them! I like a good book, but even more so I like good customer service, and the issue is being attended to. I feel confident recommending the print version now.

***
A lot of reviews are going to talk about the lack of editing and typos. I'm familiar with th
luna
Oct 03, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
She’s Not Here, the third novel by author Mandi Lynn, is full of heartbreak, emotion, and desperation. It blurs the lines between mortality and morality, dancing in a grey area where hope is the only thing to hold onto. It tests the boundaries of love, and poses the question; would you sacrifice one life to save thousands?

She’s Not Here follows Willow Ash, a nurse dealing with the death of her father, who was taken from her after a long battle with Alzheimer's. She wanders aimlessly through life
Jasmine
Sep 03, 2018 rated it really liked it
This story blurs the lines of good and evil, and it really explores the gray shades in between. I loved the was it was written because it's a book that really makes you think. It explores how the main character feels and helps you understand her actions. However, at the same times she isn't necessarily who you are rooting for.

Overall, I really enjoyed the story :)
Savy Leiser
Dec 16, 2019 rated it really liked it
this book is ABSOLUTELY WILD. full review here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=49Fqs... ...more
Evelyn
Jun 21, 2019 rated it really liked it
I will start off the bat by saying that I have one complaint with the entire book: So many grammatical and spelling errors. So, so, so many that if I didn't love the book (as I'll explain further below), I would've rated this book much lower solely based off these errors, because they peeved me off so much, especially since they were all so clearly clumsy and careless and it felt like no one edited the novel.

Otherwise, I loved the novel. Especially for someone who loves psychology, it was a grea
Mindy
Dec 16, 2019 rated it liked it
My thoughts on this one are incredibly mixed.

It was hard for me not to be frustrated by the lack of medical knowledge, especially since almost the entirety of this story took place in a hospital and centered around biology, chemistry, pathology, and physiology. Perhaps because I come from a medical background, it made me come at this material with a strong bias, but if this is going to be the basis of the story, I think more research needed to go into an understanding of the concepts that were a
Sathepine Marco
I did not expect this book to be that of quiet suspense, especially from the cover. But I have been reading two eventful stories back to back and for me this was a welcome change of pace. In my ebook version, I found several misspellings and formatting issues, which I hope the paperback doesn’t have. I also realized, after reading the book, that I have no idea what the characters look like. Maybe I missed their descriptions or maybe it didn’t matter to me, but I managed to enjoy the book despite ...more
Pam Robertson
Jan 27, 2020 rated it really liked it
Dementia and experiencing it in our loved ones, whether they are parents or a spouse, is poignantly expressed in this book. This is a dark story, with some unexpected turns that give both excitement and drama to a tale that could be unfurling for any of us. Having it told from within the healthcare system makes it all the more chilling.
I did find myself having to flip back a page or two a few times when points of view or the setting made a transition, but it doesn't diminish how topical the sto
Kaylee Johnston
Sep 25, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
***I was sent this as an ARC as part of the Street Team.***

I initially gave this a poor review and low rating. I was mistakenly under the impression this was the final copy we were given because I skimmed the materials Mandi gave us and was not bright enough to read all of it. Mandi was kind enough to remind me of this. The poor review was a mistake on my part and something I regret, as it was something Mandi didn't earn.

Knowing the final copy has been edited to reflect Mandi's hard work, I hav
Joey Paul
Nov 23, 2018 rated it really liked it
I really liked the premise of this story. The idea that one life to save thousands, possibly millions, is it justified? Willow was written as a likeable character, she was caring and kind, a nurse who loved her dad and hated what the disease had done to him. The story was engaging, and you felt pulled along by the words. There are twists and turns that have you wondering what's going to happen, and the ending is beyond what you could imagine. Overall a good read and a solid four stars!
VM DarkAngelo
Jan 11, 2019 rated it liked it
Mandi is clearly has a natural story telling ability. Her voice is clear and unique. She’s Not Here isn’t quite a thriller, however I did enjoy the story tremendously. There is quite a lot of head popping, and at times this serves the story well. But it is a habit that does need to be curbed. That being said, there is clear raw talent in this writer, with more time spent honing the craft on the technical side, she will be an amazing writer.
All in all, I liked the unique story line.
Alyssa Casey
Sep 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I've not finished this quite yet because of school but wanted to rate it and do a small review for now!! I absolutely love Mandi and her stories and I think this one is a step up for her. I also love how you can how much research that she'd done for all the medical parts of the story. Can't wait to finish the book!! But great job Mandi!! :)
Quinn Buckland
Jun 10, 2019 rated it really liked it
A fantastic read with well written characters. It's heart breaking in a few areas, all of which actually got a real emotional response from me. The end was a bit sudden though. I could have used an extra chapter for a bit more of a wind down. far from that, this book was brilliant.
J. Kenney
May 16, 2019 rated it really liked it
This book is good and sometimes unbelievable in the best possible way for things that happen, and happen do fast.
Morgan Lee Lee
Aug 13, 2020 rated it it was ok
Shelves: 2020
I wanted to like this book. I thought the concept was really interesting and I was excited to read it. However, this book fell flat for me. Just on a formatting level there were a lot of typos in the book that distracted me and the editor in me was compelled to flag them. I had so much trouble believing the plot the way that it played out. After Willow's father dies she starts to believe that she herself has Alzheimer's and is losing time so she becomes consumed with finding a cure. That part wa ...more
Tabatha Shipley
May 26, 2019 rated it really liked it
What Did I Like:
-The idea of many lives being worth more than one life is obviously one we’ve heard before. But this book takes a different spin on that and I like the difference.
-The overall drama of the book, caused by Willow’s choices, is great. I’m not usually one for drama but I like this one.
-Dr. Ash as a character is great. I related to him and the way he made decisions.

Who Should Read This One:
-If you like medical dramas, this will intrigue you.
-If you agree that main characters shouldn’

• The Stolen Kingdom (The Stolen Kingdom #1)
  • In A Mirror (The Brittany & Charli Series #1)
  • Save the Cat! Writes a Novel
  • The Jinni Key: A Little Mermaid Retelling (The Stolen Kingdom #2)
  • The Savior's Champion (The Savior's Series, #1)
  • Song of the Dryad
  • Aletheia  (The Seventh River #1)
  • Pistol Daisy (Pistol Daisy, #1)
  • Little Birds: a collection of short stories
  • Twisted Fate (Twisted, #1)
  • Dear Edward
  • The Other People
  • Six Wicked Reasons
  • How Your Book Sells Itself (Marketing for Authors, #1)
  • Twisted Gift (Twisted #2)
  • Seeker (Keeper Duology #2)
  • Darkling Spawn (Seasons of Blood, #3)
  • Midnight Harvest (Seasons of Blood, #1)
Mandi Lynn published her first novel when she was seventeen. The author of Essence, I am Mercy and She’s Not Here, Mandi spends her days continuing to write and creating YouTube videos to help other writers achieve their dreams of seeing their books published. Mandi is the owner of Stone Ridge Books, a company that works to help authors bring their books to life through cover design and digital bo ...more