Start by marking “Counting on You” as Want to Read:

(Amarillo Sour #1)

Is love worth the risk?

Math teacher Haleigh Parde has no desire to change her single status until she receives an invitation to her high school reunion. With her ex spreading rumors she needs a date and fast. Desperate times call for desperate measures and Haleigh finds herself meeting a blind date at a neighborhood bar called Amarillo Sour . . .

After watching Haleigh c
306 pages
Published August 28th 2018

To ask other readers questions about Counting on You, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Counting on You

Start your review of Counting on You
Siobhan
Aug 22, 2018 rated it really liked it
Counting on You is the first book in Laura Chapman’s Amarillo Sour series, and I’m in desperate need of book two. I fell so deeply in love with this book, I came to adore the characters, and I cannot wait to get more of the wonderful world we were introduced to. There is no doubt in my mind that big things are to come from this series, with this first book pulling a four-point-five-star rating from me, with there being promise of many more powerful books in the future.

I’m no stranger to devourin
Sakshi *the bookish romantic*
Aug 30, 2018 rated it really liked it
Counting on you by Laura Chapman is the first installment in the Amarillo Sour series. It is a quick, funny, light-hearted and entertaining read with believable and likable characters.

description

The book opened with Haleigh needing a date for her ten-year high school reunion to rub in the face of her douchebag ex-boyfriend. The said douchebag dumped her in college post cheating, ruining her image and labeling her as the town crazy.

Haleigh was a strong, independent, pretty, intriguin
Amanda
Aug 24, 2018 rated it really liked it
[I received a digital ARC for an honest review]

Counting on You by Laura Chapman was absolutely adorable!

Haleigh needs a date to her high school reunion especially knowing her ex will be there. She wants to prove to herself and her old classmates that she has moved on. The problem is she hasn't dated since the break up. She agrees to a blind date and after it fails she crosses paths with Ian. Ian is a computer programmer, and he just so happens to have a new dating app launching and needs a test
Anne Z.
Aug 26, 2018 rated it really liked it
Adorable on steroids!

For the full review coming soon.
For more Subscribe/Like/Follow

Blog: http://glimpsesofmybooks.blogspot.com
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/glimpses_of...
GoodReads: https://www.goodreads.com/user/show/5...
Lola
As soon as I heard about this book I was curious about it, when it got discounted in price I finally took the chance and bought a copy. Counting on You sounded like a fun romance and when that was exactly the type of read I was looking for I picked it up. I had a fun time reading this book, the writing style is smooth and well done and I quickly got invested in these characters.

Hailey is a math teacher who's still single and has no urge to chance it, but then her high school reunion is coming u
Kim Markett
Aug 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing

There is way more to this story than just a romance and redemption, or of a man having to choose between a career and being happy. We see that life isn’t about what others think of us, it’s how we perceive ourselves that matters. If we have just one person to have our back and we can stand on our own.

She just wanted a date for her reunion and he just wanted to someone to test his project.

Haleigh has a few weeks till her 10 year high school reunion. Her ex, Greg, is going to be there and after he
Jennifer Schultheis
Shelves: audio
Counting on You by Laura Chapman is book one in the Amarillo Sour series and I for one, can’t wait for the next book in this series. I listened to this book through audible and while the narrator took some getting to use to, I still enjoyed the story.

Haleigh is a high school teacher with a reunion coming up. A reunion where no one thinks she will show because of a bad breakup. Her ex-boyfriend even thinks she won’t show, but Hailey is set to prove them wrong and decides she will bring a date, ju
Isha Coleman
Feb 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: first-reads

Audiobook Review: Counting on You by Laura Chapman (Author), Rebecca Hansen (Narrator)

The first time around I was charmed. The second time around I was emotional. The third time I fell in love. Laura Chapman makes every time feel like a new experience. Counting on You is hard to put down, no matter how many times I read or listen to it. Less than perfect proved to be the perfect match for the romantic in me. I loved it.
H.J. Bellus
Mar 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Counting on You is a must listen. I loved the fact Haleigh was so down to earth and not afraid to let her geek show. So many of us can relate to her “problem” in the book. Living in a small town I so get it.

This story hooked me in and kept there as it unfolded. Counting on You is a sweet, clean romance, but also so much more. This story just goes to show you can find love in the most unexpected places. You just never know.
Debbie
May 21, 2019 rated it really liked it
I enjoyed this sweet story. It was an interesting idea wit the app and how things all went down. This is my first book by this author, but I will definitely be reading more of her work!
Andrea Guy
Sep 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I have to say I love it when characters have their geek going on. Haleigh is fab. I love that she's a Doctor Who and Torchwood fan! This is the second book in about a month that had a Doctor Who reference. Can I get a Squee please?

Haleigh is an interesting sort of heroine. She gave up dating after getting burned by her high school boyfriend, who is now super successful and coming to the 10 year class reunion. That whole premise could have spoiled the book for me, because of the very high school
Claire - The Coffeeholic Bookworm
Finding love in the most uncommon places and in unexpected ways is how Haleigh and Ian's story came to be. We've all been there - getting invites to our high school reunion and worrying about who to bring as a date. Too bad for you if you aren't yet married or have not been in a relationship yet.

Upon learning about her ex-boyfriend taunting her single status on their upcoming high school reunion, Haleigh crawled out of her dark, gloomy shell and seriously set herself out there to sought out her
Bff Book Blog
Sep 04, 2018 rated it really liked it
Counting on You is a sweet, fade-to-black romance with a fun cast of characters and an interesting premise. Haleigh needs a date to save face at her high school reunion. More importantly she needs to get back on the dating-horse! When her first blind date is an absolute bust, she draws the attention of one of the patrons at a local dive bar. Ian hatches a plan. Haleigh will help him to test his new dating app and he will guide her through the process. To turn her luck around, Ian enlists the hel ...more
Natalie
Apr 26, 2019 rated it really liked it
I liked the story line for this book it was unique in a lot of ways. It was also a very sweet and clean romance. Haleigh's 10 year high school reunion is coming up. She doesn't want to go but after her ex-boyfriend broke up with her at the beginning of college and claimed she was crazy as his excuse her entire class will know that if she doesn't show up it is because of embarrassment and humiliation. Now her coworkers are encouraging her to find a date for the reunion. The problem is that Haleig ...more
Sara
Aug 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Originally reviewed for Chick Lit Central (www.chicklitcentral.com)

I enjoyed the unique story line to Counting on You; the need for a date for Haleigh’s reunion, her use of a newly developed dating app, all while forging new friendships within the type of bar that felt reminiscent of the Sam Malone days at Cheers. It was fun to see her break out of her shell while going on various dates, mostly cringe-worthy, scenarios that are carefully monitored by Ian. It’s in the crash and burn moments that
Patty
Jan 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Laura Chapman can write the most lovable characters and Counting on You is no exception. Haleigh is getting ready to go to her high school reunion, but is uneasy since Greg, her ex will be there. After overhearing her conversation, Ian, a date app developer, offers to let her be the beta tester for the app and find herself a date. And the fun begins. There is a lot in this story, not just about dating but real life situations. Chapman handles each one with gentleness and compassion. I especially ...more
Bette
Jan 12, 2019 rated it really liked it
A Wonderful & Sweet Story! Great Listen🎧

Amarillo Sour, Book 1

By: Laura Chapman
Narrated by: Rebecca Hansen

“Amarillo Sour” is the only thing sour in this book, it is a sweet and enjoyable book. The storylines are interesting and well written. The characters are likable and nicely developed and the chemistry between the leads, Haleigh and Ian, is off the charts. I loved how Haleigh grew as a person, grew stronger and more self confident. So glad she finally stood up for herself by th
Chloe Williams
Feb 11, 2019 rated it liked it
The book started off strong, then halfway through it went downhill. First of all, Haleigh and Ian took too long to admit they were into each other. There’s nothing more irritating than two people liking each other but wouldn’t say so. What a waste of time.

Second, Haleigh had panic attack over, what, every day chores? Come on! I was an ex panic attack sufferer and I know other sufferers too who had panic attack over silly things but this one took the cake.

Third, that final fight. Oh God that was
Peni
Feb 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A light hearted story about a woman, Haley, who finds out her old boyfriend and embarrassment is going to be at her class reunion. Enter a new dating app in the beta stage. Ian, the app code writer, & Hailey make a good if not completely understandable couple.

I happen to live where the story takes place, Lincoln, NE. I don't find many stories like that and it added another bit of interest for me. Of course, I had to wonder about finding people who cheered for the MN Vikings football given the c
Natalie Rowe
Feb 27, 2019 rated it really liked it
Thank you to Rebecca Hansen for providing me with a free audiobook in return for an honest review.

Math teacher Haleigh is unlucky in love and desperate to find a date for her upcoming school reunion after hearing her ex-boyfriend trash talk about her and being determined to prove him wrong. After a blind date fails she meets Ian, the developer of a new dating app who wants to test his product.

This was an interesting storyline, I really liked character Hayleigh - I can usually relate with the soc
Susan (The Book Bag)
Counting on You is full of very likable and entertaining characters. I loved every minute that I spent in Haleigh's world and in the Amarillo Sour bar. Once again, Laura has created a wonderful story that grabbed me from the first chapter. I was totally immersed in the story line and enjoyed watching Haleigh and Ian work through the dating app issues, and their own issues. I always feel so comfortable with her characters and I love reading about their lives.

Also, I'm so excited that this is only
Kelly
Oct 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
When an author I like publishes a new series, I get excited about the prospect of getting to know new characters and their places over several books. Laura Chapman’s Amarillo Sour series introduces us to a whole cast of funny, fresh people who connect at their local bar. Ian and Haleigh start us off with their story. Chapman’s characters have depth and sincerity, in addition to being a fun read. I liked how they both overcame real life barriers and experiences and pushed each other to grow. Shou ...more
Catrina
Jan 09, 2019 rated it really liked it
The dreaded high school reunion is coming up. Haleigh can’t go and face the ex who dumped her... but what if she can find a date? Never mind the fact she hasn’t dated in almost 10 years...

Ian has led his company in the development of a new dating app. They just need a good beta test and testimonial to present to the potential investors...

Can a mutually beneficial agreement be arranged between Haleigh and Ian, or will they get more than they bargained for?

Counting on you is a clean, sweet story w
Sara ✨ Next Book Review Blog ✨
***** AUDIOBOOK REVIEW *****

This was a delightful little morsel! I really enjoy fake relationship stories and hearing them build that friendship and/or romance up over time. Ian was such a fun character. He was light and fun and really what Haleigh needed. I really like the sense of fun in the story with the serious issue still being prevalent but not in your face.

This what the first time I listened to Rebecca Hansen. I liked her narration. Miss Hansen does have an extremely soothing voice. I e
Jennie Seaman
Aug 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
You know those times where you think, "Oh, I'll read a couple chapters before bed and then I'll go to bed early and get a good night's sleep," and then you look up after you've finished the book and it's 2 am and you're totally not getting your good night's sleep? Yea that was this book for me. I loved the relationships and the characters. I loved how Haleigh is this amazing confident person but has anxiety that she's been able to learn to live with it her own way. I love that Ian learns things ...more
Rhonda
Jan 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Romantic comedy at its best,

I absolutely loved Laura Chapman’s Counting on You. The first meet was original and the story line very creative. Haleigh and Ian’s banter was priceless and watching them slowly discover that their relationship had shifted beyond friendship was very satisfying. Loved the secondary characters, I look forward to reading the next release in this series and hope that Rebecca Hansen narrates future books. She really brought the characters to life and her comic timing was p
Regina
Jan 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
4.5/5

What starts as a lighthearted approach to the familiar "desperately need a date to my high school reunion" trope develops into so much more.
While I'd still count it as a romantic comedy, it also tackles some more serious topics and weaves them seamlessly into the story.
All in all, I enjoyed getting to know (and falling in love) with Haleigh and Ian and their Amarillo Sour posse, their story truly warmed my nerdy little heart.
I can't wait for the next book in the series - helloooooo, prof
Jan Miller
Feb 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Counting on You by Laura Chapman really pulled me in. I found myself wanting Haleigh to overcome her insecurities and for her ex to have karma visit him. This book is a sweet story and Rebecca Hansen does an awesome job of bringing the characters to life. I enjoyed the distinguishable voices she gave the characters. The story was original and is a standalone listen. I will most definitely listen to more books by this talented author and narrator. I requested this review copy audiobook and have v ...more
Ashley Hedden
Apr 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Counting on You: Amarillo Sour, Book One was a great read by Laura Chapman. Haleigh is a math teacher who doesn't want to change her single status until she gets an invitation to her class reunion. Her ex has decided to spread rumors about her and now she needs to find a new date. She decides to go on a blind date at Amarillo Sour, a bar that Ian is at. Ian is an app developer of a new dating app and offers to help her after he sees her crash and burn on a date. I absolutely loved reading Haleig ...more
Krystyn
Feb 06, 2019 rated it really liked it
Fun Meet-Cute

This story was cute in all the best ways. The characters were funny, entertaining, and relate-able. I always love a book with socially awkward characters, they always make me think of myself!

The narrator wasn't bad but is not who I would have chosen for this book. If the narrator would have put more emotion in her voice, I think that would have changed things.

🎧AudiobookObsession

• Single Dad, Billionaire Boss (Billionaires of Europe #2)
  • Pass Interference (Last Play #6)
  • Karma by the Sea - A Read by the Sea Contemporary Yoga Romance Series
  • The Saturday Night Supper Club (The Saturday Night Supper Club, #1)
  • Royally Screwed: A Contemporary Reverse-Harem Romance (Quick & Dirty Book 3)
  • Keeping the Pieces
  • Crown Jewel: A Hidden Kingdom Royal Romance
  • One Hundred Excuses (An Aspen Cove Romance Book 5)
  • The Mogul and the Muscle (Bluewater Billionaires)
  • Beguiled by You (Billionaire's Second Chance, #2)
  • A Manor of Faking It (The Clarion Abbey Series Book 1)
  • The Baby Bargain (San Bravado Billionaires' Club, #3)
  • Dancing with the Hockey Star
  • The Billionaire Dating Game
  • Fierce Attraction (Attraction Series, #3)
  • Storm the Castle (Marry the Scot, #1)
  • Charmingly Yours (Morning Glory, #1)
  • Stealing the Bride
Laura Chapman is the author of sweet and sexy romantic comedies, including Playing House, The Marrying Type, the Queen of the League series, and other stories. A native Nebraskan, she loves football, Netflix marathons, and her cats, Jane and Bingley.

Amarillo Sour (2 books)