Start by marking “My Bastard (Savage Shadows #1)” as Want to Read:
My Bastard (Savage Shadows #1)

My Bastard

(Savage Shadows #1)

Emerald

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice.
The simple life is what I have until a man I chose to stay away from, directly hits it.
A businessman.
Leader of The Savage Shadows.
Slate Saxe is a gorgeous jerk.
A bossy ass and a powerful bastard.
Pulling me into his world is tough.
Sleeping next to him is tougher.
Tough times don’t last but tough p
Published September 24th 2018 by Ellie Jean

To ask other readers questions about My Bastard, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about My Bastard

Start your review of My Bastard (Savage Shadows #1)
CeeJay Daisy
❤️🌼🔥FANTASTIC NEW BOOK TO BEGIN FANTASTIC NEW SERIES❤️🌼🔥
First, let me say, I have loved Ellie Jean’s writing since the first time I read SWEET DECEPTION, and her 2nd book of the SWEET duet, SWEET REDEMPTION was just as good (if not better)...I have been and will forever be one of her biggest fans and she will forever be one of my favorite authors....❤️🌼🔥
Ellie Jean’s ideas and subjects about which she writes, are not all in one theme or pattern...If you have read her SWEET duet, don’t assume you
Love2ReadRomance
Sep 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Love the banter between Slate and Emerald! My Bastard was a great entertaining read. I never wanted to put it down because I had to know what was going to happen next.
Jenny  (Jenz Book Jewels)
Sep 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is the first book I've read by Ellie and it's like crack for an addict. It's fast paced, keeps you turning pages and wanting more.

You get amazing characters, some are sassy, witty and like to push buttons, some are cocky, dominant and like to push their way into peoples lives. The cars are fast but the characters go at life faster.
You get violence, revenge, sorrow, friendships, lust, love and lots orgasmic sex

⛔️⛔️⛔️ SOME SPOILERS ⛔️⛔️⛔️

Emerald runs the family business as a mechanic, but she
Mandy Barnes
Sep 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Ellie Jean is an amazing Indi author that I have absolutely come to love, every book that she writes is an amazing work of art, not only does she write wonderful characters, but the way that she writes them they just jump right from the pages of each book. My Bastard is so far one of my favorites from her and I’m hoping there is more with the story line in this book, because she has left me hanging and wanting more from these hot as hell Alpha men that she has created.

My Bastard is a book not on
Erika's Book Blog
Sep 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing
"I want this man consuming me whole. I need him like butterflies need wings. Like a singer needs a voice. I need Slate."

(Deep Breath) THIS is why I read romance!! I am an absolute sucker for the dark, broody, dangerous, powerful, sinfully sexy bad-boys and the spit-fires that bring them to their knees without making them less than all the deliciousness above!! Slate and Emerald were an out of control burn and I never wanted it to be extinguished!! Slowly consuming until it invaded my entire thou
Read.Review.Repeat Blog
Sep 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
"This book!!! From the very first sentence this book hit the ground running and didn’t stop until the last word.
There is so much going on - with several sub stories that all add in to make this such an incredible read.
Slate is the very definition of a bad boy. But Emerald is the one to help him uncover his heart.
These two are so perfectly matched. You would be hard pressed to find another duo who comes close to the rightness of Slate and Emerald.
Hopefully this is a start to a series because Slat
Laid-Back Book Bitches
Sep 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Holy Moly! If you love hot, steamy sex and gritty, rough alpha males, this is for you. This book had it all suspense, action, and hot love scenes. Emerald's an illegal street racer and Slate's basically a gangster and with his 3 friends he owns a verity of clubs. Emerald and Slate's relationship was steamy and the chemistry they had was explosive. There’s more going on than that meets the eye, this story is fast paced and exciting. You will not be able to put this book down! I was drawn in right ...more
Cheyenne
Sep 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
This was my first book I got to read by Ellie Jean. I loved it! I will definitely continue to read her work!

This book tells the story of Emerald and Slate. Emerald is a mechanic in her family’s business. She is a wild badass type of girl with a need for speed. Racing and her car are her passion. Emerald gets the attention of the Savage Shadows leader Slate at a race and he wants to use her driving skills to help him with a job. Slate and his group live in the shadows and try to keep as much att
Cassandra
Sep 18, 2018 rated it really liked it

One hell of a sexy ride!

In this story we learn about two people who are so much more than what people think they know about them. Emerald is a tough as nails woman fully immersed in a “man’s world “of muscle cars and underground racing where she routinely kicks ass and takes names. No man will rule her, ever. Slate is an outlaw, daring anyone to cross him, both feared and respected, covered in tattoos living life as he sees fit and by his own set of rules. Both live in the fast lane. That’s what
Elysian Fields
Sep 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
When I saw the blurb for this story I got excited. I love alpha females in stories who are put against alpha men. The fact that this was about street racing (Gone in 60 Seconds), I was sold. But this book blew past my expectations and kept me engrossed and engaged until the very end. I felt my heart pumping, I was squealing and yelling at the characters, I was there!!

Thus is the story of Emerald and Slate. Emerald is a strong, independent women who owns and runs a successful (albeit small) mech
Heather  The Hatters
Sep 15, 2018 rated it really liked it
Who says only a man can be a kickass mechanic and street racer?? Let me just say that Emerald supersedes at both of them. She is a take no prisoner kind of woman under the hood and behind the wheel. She has a smart mouth and even sassier attitude.

Slate is known for being a cunning ruthless bastard. He and his band of misfits take no shit from anyone. They have built the reputation of no one can f%$k with us attitudes. They are not afraid to do what needs to be done to get what they want.

Slate a
Bridgette Christophers
Sep 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I will start by describing the attraction between Emerald and Slate. Scorching!
One of my first reads by Ellie Jean and I was most definitely not disappointed.
An easy read that ticks most of the boxes for me.
 There are fast cars
 A tattooed, HOT Alpha male
 A sassy, badass female
 Action
 Some REALLY memorable sexy moments
 And lots of sass, humor, and discipline

Emerald devotes her days to living her life for her family, the dutiful daughter, and sister. On top of that, there is the real Emer
Michele McMullen
Shelves: arc
My Bastard ….what a wild ride with Emerald and Slate .
What is not to like....Adventure, Attraction, Mystery and Fast Cars .
Emerald is a sassy, independent woman that runs a garage with her brother. She not only has the magic touch for cars she also is a dream behind the wheel. She is a dynamic street racer. She does not do relationships and will certainly not be answering to any man that may come her way...so she thinks! She does not want or need to be taken care of !! When Slate busts into her
Fiona Fog
Nov 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Fast and Furious

Emerald has come to the attention of Slate. A man you don’t want to cross or ever say no to. He’s been watching her for a while and he needs her for a job. He tells himself she’s there to drive nothing else. But once Slate has this Wildcat under his control it’s a case of who he needs to convince.

Emerald knows who Slate is. She tends to keep it der the radar but that’s not going to happen now. She’s been chosen and no one says no to Slate. Not if they want to live.

The sexual che
Missy Brown
Oct 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loved, Loved, Loved it!!

Omg what a freaking fantastic read. Emerald is such a bada@@ character. These two together is explosive and so very hot! With just the right amount of drama, makes for a can’t put down read. If like sexy alpha men, and strong female leads, give My Bastard a try, you won’t be disappointed.
Ria Alexander  - Reading Is Our Satisfaction
Slate & Emerald ... hotter than an erupting volcano

Honestly, I just don't know where to begin. Ellie Jean has completely and utterly left me speechless and thoughtless. I was first introduced to Ellie's brilliant writing through her Sweet Duet, two books that I simply adored. So I knew that MY BASTARD was going to have to be just as good to live up to my expectations. Well how wrong i was, this book was AMAZING!!! All I can say at the moment is WOW WOW WOW!!!

From the moment I started reading
Ansu
Mar 17, 2021 rated it did not like it
I am in the minority with my rating of this book.

I came across this book by chance and based on the large number of 5* ratings, I had very high expectations going into it. Sadly this book was just not for me.

The story started off well and I really thought I was in for a good story, boy was I wrong. This was a very bad combination of Gone in 60 Seconds and the Fast and the Furious movies.

I was intrigued by the plot and I was looking forward to reading about Emerald as it is nice reading about a
Up All Night With Books
Sep 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
5 steamy stars!
Review by Nancy
Late Night reviewer
Up All Night with Books Blog

Spectacularly bold and thrilling, My Bastard by Ellie Jean had me at the edge of my seat! A scorching hot book with an alpha hero and an even more impressive heroine. Suspenseful, gritty, and captivating. I could not put the book down!

Slate is a glorified gangster, the leader of The Savage Shadows. One of the most alpha males I have ever read. He knows what he wants and when he wants it, and nothing will get in his way
Bubbles The Book Pimp
Sep 23, 2018 rated it really liked it
Emerald and her twin brother own and work together in their deceased father’s garage as custom mechanics... after giving up her dreams of becoming a vet she spends her days fixing cars and custom making cars but by night she races and kicks ass... it’s her way to be free and get her adrenaline fix.. that is until emerald realises she has caught the interest of the savage shadows...dark, dangerous, criminals... and one inparticular Slate...tells her he needs her help for a job and he’s not Taking ...more
Heather Orne
Sep 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Emerald Sawyer is content with her life. She has a loving family and runs a custom car detail shop with her brother where she is able to enhance some of the most amazing cars around. Her passion for cars is what catches the attention of the leader of The Savage Shadows, Slate Saxe, one night during a street race. It has never ended well for anyone that has caught the attention of the dark and deadly gang.

Slate decides to put Emerald's skills to the test during an upcoming job that consists of st
Within The Pages Book Blog
Sep 21, 2018 rated it really liked it
One hell of a sexy ride!
Joy  Avery
Mar 05, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Alpha hotness at its best!

This was my first book by the author, Ellie Jean, and I certainly don't plan to let it be the last. It was full to the brim with heat. I love heat and need it to be a factor in every book I read. I would have gladly given this 5 big stars but there was a little bit too much sex. It was prevalent in 60% of the book. I absolutely loved Emerald and her stubbornness not to mention she was totally badass. I loved she was a drag racer. You rarely see that especially in books.
Dee Shelvey
Aug 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Wow! This story had me craving more. I hope Ellie will consider doing more with Slate and Em. You never know who is the top in this relationship. Sometimes it’s Em and sometimes it is Slate. But the one thing that always comes clear is their need for each other. I love how there is some role reversal, but I won’t give it away. This is a story that won’t disappoint!

Emerald has a love and passion for cars. Rebuilding them in her fathers shop with her twin by day and street racing by night. Cars a
Sharon Jones
Sep 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Hopefully this is a start to a series because Slate
Taoanebr
Sep 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2018
Never ever judge a book by its cover!

This hot book is my first from Ellie, and I can't wait to read like tones more from her if she writes do way she did with The Bastard.

This book just hit me so hard that could not do anything else until I finished.

Ladies if you are like me and love hot, steamy sex and rough alpha males, this is definitely a book for you!

Emerald is my kind of girl, dominant, sexy as hell and doesn't give a crap but at the same time as softy as can be.

Oh, Slate, I fell in love
Lynn Stifle
Sep 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Wonderful! What an amazing read! I thoroughly enjoyed the storyline and the characters of Emerald and Slate and the chemistry between them is sizzling! If you love a story with revenge, violence, dark alpha males, badass ladies, hot steamy sex, then this story is for you. This story is fast paced, intriguing, keeps drawing you in, and you will not be able to put it down.

This is my first read from this author and it definitely won't be my last. I highly recommend this book it is a definite page t
Wendy Hodges
Nov 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Action, suspense from the very first page, this story is all in and full on. Intense and emotional, a real roller coaster ride throughout. Lots of excitement and hot alpha male bossiness combining with off the charts sexual content, this male is very dominant and demanding. With fast cars and street racing just to keep the adrenaline levels up even higher, this is well written with a fast flow that's non stop. The first book I've read by this author but will definitely be looking out for more, i ...more
Kat
Sep 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Ellie Jean is a new to me author and I am so glad I found her! I LOVED My Bastard!!!!! Let's start with Emerald...she's just a badass chick who can drive the hell out of a car and who doesn't love that?! Then we have the Savage Shadows...Slate is the H in this book and he is just straight up drool worthy. If you love muscle cars, tattoos, Alpha men with muscles, some crazy drama, and a h that can hold her own...then you NEED this book!! ...more
Katie Kavanagh
Sep 14, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: hell-yes
This is the first book a read of Ellie Jean and I will definitely be reading more of her books. I was lucky to win an ARC copy and so glad I did! This book had it all suspense, action, hot love scenes, and gritty, everything I love in a book. Emerald and Slate's relationship was steamy and the chemistry they had was explosive. I also like the friendship between Slate and his friends. I don't want to give anything away so definitely read this book you will not be disappointed!! ...more
Lofty
Sep 15, 2018 rated it really liked it
Emerald runs a garage with her twin brother Kyle she loves racing cars but tries to stay away from the shadows.
Slate, Tanner, Caden & Ocean are the Savage Shadows each looking out for the other. Has Emerald met her match when her world collides with Slate?
I’m looking forward to reading more from this author.
I voluntarily reviewed an advanced reader copy of this book.
My Bastard
« previous 1 3 next »

• Steel Empire (Broken Cross, #3)
  • Ravaged Throne (Solovev Bratva, #2)
  • Perfect Convergence: A Reverse Harem Erotic Romance (Ruthless Desires, #2)
  • Deviant Hacker: The O'Malley Family (Mafia Wars, #9)
  • Jack (Kings of Mayhem MC Tennessee #1)
  • Wrapped in Chains (Kings Reapers MC, #3)
  • Capturing Cree (Kings Reapers MC, #2)
  • Blissful Masquerade: A Reverse Harem Erotic Romance
  • Ravaged Crown (Solovev Bratva, #1)
  • Misleading Lake (Kings Reapers MC #6)
  • Owned by Him
  • Beckett (Billionaire Moguls, #1)
  • Cas: RED HORSEMEN MC 4
  • Deviant Princess (Knight's Ridge Empire Book 5)
  • Brutal Defender: The O'Malley Family  (Mafia Wars, #8)
  • Seduction (The Deadly Seven, #2)
  • Break Free (Pacific Prep, #4)
  • Scared to Love (Mazzone Mafia, #3)
My wonderful life consists of my everyday job and looking after my 3 boys and husband. In my 'spare' time I like to try and do some writing.
I love cooking especially desserts and anything chocolate. I am a self confessed chocoholic!
I also love making craft, painting, drawing, cross stitch and calligraphy. But there isn't much time for these at the moment.
Sometimes I just love to grab a cup of tea

Savage Shadows (3 books)
  • My Devil (Savage Shadows #2)
  • My Monster (The Savage Shadows #3)