Start by marking “The Little Black Book of Workout Motivation” as Want to Read:
The Little Black Book of Workout Motivation

The Little Black Book of Workout Motivation

Published August 30th 2018 by Oculus Publishers

To ask other readers questions about The Little Black Book of Workout Motivation, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Little Black Book of Workout Motivation

Start your review of The Little Black Book of Workout Motivation
Nahid
Oct 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I have known Mike since July 2012. His first book, "Bigger Leaner Stronger" just came out and was getting praise from readers who used his methods to get their dream physique. Fast forward to today, Mike has become the bestselling author of three books and has co-founded three multimillion-dollar business. He is not a celebrity of any kind. A self-educated guy who put knowledge into practice and has changed millions of people's lives (he is still on his journey). When his latest book, "The ...more
Ian Gagorik
Nov 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I recently finished The Little Black Book of Workout Motivation and loved it! I thought it was going to be some puff piece of self-help bs, and instead found it to be a concise guide to living a successful life. I actually think its the best book Michael Matthew has written to date.
Will
Feb 21, 2019 rated it really liked it
I've been following Michael Matthews' work ever since he first got his start almost a decade ago now, across both of his websites and all of his books, including the smaller books of "miscellaneous" fitness information. This book in particular gets high marks, even among his work, for going beyond just fitness motivation; the book works to inspire the reader to change and improve their general lifestyle in a way that is different than the usual methods.

I highly recommend this book to anyone
Daniel Gulyas
Jan 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is a cool book, it contains important bits of practical psychology distilled from a lot of raw material, selected for the general problems that come up when you try to do hard things.

Good ideas on the last chapter, Michael!
Ash White
Mar 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This was just the kick in the pants I needed to get my life back on track and actually make some real progress towards my goals. If you find yourself just spinning the wheels or not even spinning at all, definitely check this one out. Lots of activities, bonus content, etc. Also available as an audiobook read by the author.
Melissa
This book is more than just workout motivation. Matthews does a great job at motivating you in LIFE!! This was such an enjoyable read and I would highly recommend it if you need a little encouragement.
Arlon Staggs
Jun 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Surprised at how great this was.
Dennis Ray
Mar 16, 2019 rated it really liked it
Surprisingly fun read.
Terry Croyle
Oct 10, 2018 rated it really liked it
Solzhenitsyn? Referenced in a work-up motivation book? It's here, as well as other enlightened citations. I learned a good deal and will keep this on my shelf for further inspiration.
Nsubuga Lule
Nov 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Mind opener
TPLL
Dec 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is a great read/listen if you need a kick in the pants. My favorite chapter is shut up and train. I listened and enjoyed it very much. Definitely take advantage of the bonus materials!
Chukwudike C-Madù
Nov 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Awesome book that thought principles that not only will help in the gym...but your whole life! Mike preaches taking accountability in this book and not complaining what you do not have but rather focusing on the resources you can work with. I suggest this book to anyone looking to build a strong foundation in the gym and transfer it over to their life. "If you can change your body, you can change your life."
Joseph
Mar 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is a great little book, easily read in a couple of hours, with tips and exercises for motivating yourself. Although designed primarily for fitness motivation, this books is full of sound advice that can be carried over into the business and personal growth world, too.
Jasmine
Feb 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Amazing book with such insightful information.
Robertson Kunz
Nov 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Great book that explores how to stay motivated, whether it be working out or anything in life.
James
Sep 09, 2018
Peter Goutis
Dec 12, 2018
Chris
rated it did not like it
Feb 21, 2019
Hari V
Jun 23, 2019
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »

• Bigger Leaner Stronger: The Simple Science of Building the Ultimate Male Body
  • Thinner Leaner Stronger: The Simple Science of Building the Ultimate Female Body
  • Muscle Myths: 50 Health & Fitness Mistakes You Don't Know You're Making
  • The World's Fittest Book: How to train for anything and everything, anywhere and everywhere
  • Beyond Bigger Leaner Stronger: The Advanced Guide to Building Muscle, Staying Lean, and Getting Strong
  • Can't Hurt Me: Master Your Mind and Defy the Odds
  • Hard Goals: The Secret to Getting from Where You Are to Where You Want to Be
  • Own the Day, Own Your Life: Optimised practices for waking, working, learning, eating, training, playing, sleeping and sex
  • The Confidence Gap
  • Focus: The Future of Your Company Depends on It
  • Everything is F*cked: A Book About Hope
  • The Inner Game of Tennis: The Classic Guide to the Mental Side of Peak Performance
  • Atomic Habits: An Easy & Proven Way to Build Good Habits & Break Bad Ones
  • All Your Worth: The Ultimate Lifetime Money Plan
  • Living with a SEAL: 31 Days Training with the Toughest Man on the Planet
  • The Shredded Chef: 114 Recipes for Getting Ripped and Healthy (The Build Healthy Muscle Series)
  • The Motivation Myth: How High Achievers Really Set Themselves Up to Win